Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,486 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Nigeria Versus Cnn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Versus Cnn (2560 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Versus Nigeria: What I Saw In A Dream / CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Versus Cnn by Orikinla(m): 11:29pm On Feb 10, 2007
The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Frank Nweke Jr, is only begging the question of how he failed to save Nigeria from the international disgrace on CNN. Because, OBJ was embarrassed and disappointed that Frank Nweke Jr who has been spending over N100 million to promote the Nigeria Image Project on the CNN failed to stop the CNN from showing the level of insecurity in Nigeria.

OBJ was disappointed that after he spent millions of dollars to contract GoodWorks International for image laundering and to bring American Oyibo journalists from America, that did not stop them from telling the bitter truth. That OBJ's corrupt government is responsible for the chaos in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria.

The naked truth of the wrath of the lawless bandits and terrorists on rampage in the Niger delta as shown on the CNN is enough proof of the failure of OBJ's government. And also means that OBJ has wasted Nigerian tax payers money and oil revenue on showing Nigerian adverts on the CNN and the adverts have now been proved to be lies.

There goes the Nigeria Image Project.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by mazaje(m): 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2007
OBJ is a mad man
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by GNature(m): 6:07pm On Feb 11, 2007
Orikinla:

OBJ's corrupt government is responsible for the chaos in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria.

Years of neglect is what is responsible for the chaos in the Niger Delta, not Obasanjo's government. Abi, did Obasanjo kill Ken Saro-Wiwa ? Under Obasanjo, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was founded; under Obasanjo, the Niger Delta states are receiving 13% derivation. Rivers state now collects on the average $100 million monthly under Obasanjo's administration.

The problem is, the situation in the Niger Delta is so bad that, it cannot be addressed overnight. But you should stop stating that Obasanjo's government is responsible for the plight of the Niger Delta people. That is just completely wrong.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by Mamajama(m): 9:51pm On Feb 11, 2007
ABI was it OBJ that squander the $12 billion oil revenue from GOlf WAR? When will people stop blaming OBJ for every thing and ask all the past governors of this regions?
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by lewa(m): 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2007
Years of neglect is what is responsible for the chaos in the Niger Delta, not Obasanjo's government. Abi, did Obasanjo kill Ken Saro-Wiwa ? Under Obasanjo, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was founded; under Obasanjo, the Niger Delta states are receiving 13% derivation. Rivers state now collects on the average $100 million monthly under Obasanjo's administration.
True talk!But is the money being spent judiciously!How come EFCC has not published names of corrupt officials of the NDDC/ State Governments/LG's that have squandered stupidly the alloted oil revenues!If this was/is a serious Government this would not happen. It's because the Presidency is corrupt as well as culpable for the neglect in the region that's why the various bureaucrats that do as they will whilst people suffer!How come Frank Nweke has said nothing concerning the damning report of the Human rights watch group on Odili's scandalous government?
The problem is, the situation in the Niger Delta is so bad that, it cannot be addressed overnight
True!But effforts can be made to readdress this asap!The region is boiling and it better be nipped right now
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by GNature(m): 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2007
When there wasn't an NDDC, na wahala. Now there is NDDC, still na wahala

Lewa,

what about the money received by the Niger Delta Governors ? Abi, is it OBJ's fault that the money is not spent judiciously ? You forgot to mention the million dollar mansion Alamiesiegha owns in the UK and the thousands of pounds caught on him.

what about that ?

The House of Assemblies of the Niger Delta states are doing nothing to stop the looting by their governors. Instead, they are sharing the loot. If not for [Obasanjo's]EFCC, Alamiesiegha would still be there.

My point is that, you can't blame OBJ for everything.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by BigB11(m): 10:39pm On Feb 11, 2007
OBJ is sloppy and definitely not focused, hence he should be held responsible.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by GNature(m): 10:42pm On Feb 11, 2007
That's partially why we can't move forward in that country, We fail to hold those in charge accountable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I am a Niger Delta governor, why wouldn't I steal as much money as possible ? At the end of the day, it is the Presidency that'll get all
the blame, so the hell with the oil producing communities in my state. All I have to do is buy off the State house of Assembly (to avoid impeachment) and settle the royals of the land. Shikena.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I completely get your point BigB1.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by ono(m): 8:32am On Feb 12, 2007
GNature:

When there wasn't an NDDC, na wahala. Now there is NDDC, still na wahala
Lewa,

what about the money received by the Niger Delta Governors ? Abi, is it OBJ's fault that the money is not spent judiciously ? You forgot to mention the million dollar mansion Alamiesiegha owns in the UK and the thousands of pounds caught on him.

what about that ?

* And where/how did OBJ manage to convince banks in the country to grant him a N200 Billion loan to finance his farms at Otta?
* Where did he get the money to build Bells University of Technology at Otta?
* One of his sons recently bought a mansion in New York after graduating from the Uni. Where did he get such stupendous amonut of money to buy such property?

And who told you Alams was voted in by Bayelsa indigenes? I have told you guys before now that these people were handpicked by PDP and foisted on the Delta people to actualise their selfish aims.

And talking about governors, please check the records of Donald Duke of Cross Rivers state before you come around here to blow hot air.

Point blank: OBJ is a thief. CNN only helped to blow open what he's been trying to cover all through these eight years. His NDDC is a ruse for siphoning dollars from the Delta. Mad man that he is.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by GNature(m): 8:55am On Feb 12, 2007
ono:

And talking about governors, please check the records of Donald Duke of Cross Rivers state before you come around here to blow hot air.

What about the other governors ? Odili, Ibori and the infamous Alamiesiegha ?

The last time I heared, It was a N2 billion loan. Where did you get N200 billion from ?

No one said OBJ is a saint. All I said was you should hold the governors accountable too.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by ono(m): 9:15am On Feb 12, 2007
OK. It's N2 billion.

Now, where/how on earth did OBJ come about the means of paying back such stupendous loans to the banks?

And what about Gbenga Daniel and Bola Tinubu,whose building/mansions in the UK is the talk of the area where these properties were located.

Leave the Niger Delta governors alone. Remove the log in your eyes before you can help remove the dirt in another person's.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by Mariory(m): 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2007
ono:

OK. It's N2 billion.

Now, where/how on earth did OBJ come about the means of paying back such stupendous loans to the banks?

How do people pay back loans. It's been said that the farm is now a world class facility. Isn't that a means to repay the loan?

ono:

And what about Gbenga Daniel and Bola Tinubu,whose building/mansions in the UK is the talk of the area where these properties were located.

Leave the Niger Delta governors alone. Remove the log in your eyes before you can help remove the dirt in another person's.

That's all fine and good. But the people of Lagos and Ogun states are not kidnapping foreigners and killing Nigerians and blaming it on lack of developement.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by GNature(m): 3:46pm On Feb 12, 2007
Mariory:

But the people of Lagos and Ogun states are not kidnapping foreigners and killing Nigerians and blaming it on lack of developement.

Thanks oo, Mariory. I could have sworn we were talking about the Niger Delta here. I don't know when Lagos and Ogun states became part of the Niger Delta.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by stanech: 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2007
Big B1:

OBJ is sloppy and definitely not focused, hence he should be held responsible.

Too sentimental

GNature:

That's partially why we can't move forward in that country, We fail to hold those in charge accountable.

Exactly
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by Orikinla(m): 9:03pm On Feb 12, 2007
In a conference of crooks and rogues and you are the Chairman, what are you?
OBJ is the first accused.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by BigB11(m): 3:13am On Feb 13, 2007
ABUJA, Nigeria (CNN) -- A Nigerian government spokesman on Monday accused CNN of paying for and staging a report that showed 24 Filipino hostages being held by masked gunmen in the remote mangrove swamps of southern Nigeria.

"We have evidence that some of these people were actually paid to put up a show," Nigerian Minister of Information Frank Nweke Jr. told CNN International about last week's report by Jeff Koinange, CNN's Africa correspondent.

"It was a paid job, and that's exactly why we are very upset about it," he said, without offering evidence.

"He had actually approached other people before then to do the same thing and his offer was declined. And he shopped around for more people and found those criminals who were willing to play ball with him and they put on the kind of show that they put up and which was shown around the world."

CNN and Koinange flatly denied the charge. In a written statement, CNN said it did not pay for any part of the report, nor does the network pay for interviews.

The report showed the hostages, held captive since their cargo ship was seized January 20, seated on white plastic chairs, lined up in a row.

As dozens of militants, dressed in black and wearing black ski masks, danced and fired automatic weapons into the air, the hostages appeared immobilized by fear. (Watch Koinange's report, and a talk with CNN's Anderson Cooper about criticism of it))

"The government is trying to get them released," Nweke said. "But to make a show out of it in the way that your reporter did is unacceptable and, to our minds, undermines global efforts in the war on terror."

Nweke said he and his entourage had recently traveled through the Niger Delta and had seen projects intended to help the area's residents, such as health clinics and the construction of bridges, but witnessed none of the scenes shown in the report. (Watch as Nweke tells CNN's Jim Clancy why Nigeria believes the report was staged))

"You can imagine my surprise when I saw the kind of pictures that were put out on CNN portraying the situation of war and crisis in the Niger Delta," he said. "There was absolutely no correlation whatsoever with what we had on the ground and what CNN International put out there."

In denying the information minister's allegations, the network said that the only money that changed hands was the standard rental for a motorboat and captain -- about $700 -- and the standard fee to an area freelance journalist for his help in reporting and translation, about $150 per day for three days.

CNN said it will send a letter to Nweke asking him to provide any evidence to support his claims. If any credible evidence is forthcoming, CNN said it would report on that.

CNN crew goes to hideout in Niger Delta swamp

Members of the militant group, who said they were part of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, or MEND, led CNN's crew to their hideout in a swamp in the Niger Delta. MEND has recently ratcheted up its battle to redress what it says is the unequal distribution of the nation's oil wealth.

Nigeria is Africa's largest oil producer. In 2005, it was the world's sixth-largest exporter of oil, but the conflict there has cut distribution by an estimated 500,000 barrels per day, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.

The militants are threatening to hurt the oil sector even more.

"We are going to descend on all foreign interests in the Nigerian economy, either in the river or in the land," Maj. Gen. Tamuno God's Will, the group's self-described leader, told CNN.

He said his group -- which claims 200,000 fighters -- will soon launch "Operation Black Locust," aimed at key installations across the country.

"We are telling all expatriates to leave Nigeria, not only the Niger Delta, but to leave Nigeria. We will take lives, we will destroy lives, we will crumble the economy," he said.

Since late 2005, MEND militants have carried out attacks on Nigeria's oil sector and abducted dozens of foreign workers, releasing nearly all of them unharmed.

But in recent months, the attacks have become more brazen and more frequent. Two car bombings were carried out at oil company compounds in southern Nigeria's largest port town of Port Harcourt on December 18, and in January alone, militants abducted more than 30 people.

"The security situation in the Niger Delta region has deteriorated significantly over the past year," the U.S. State Department said last month in a travel warning. "Travel to the region remains dangerous and should be avoided."

Militants want share of oil profits to go to locals

Gen. God's Will said his group is fighting because few of the billions of dollars being made off the oil-rich deposits of the Niger Delta make it back to the Nigerian people, especially those in the Delta, home to some of the world's poorest people.

More than 2 million barrels of crude oil is pumped out of Nigeria every day, according to the U.S. Energy Department. International oil giants including Shell, ExxonMobil, ChevronTexaco, and oil service companies such as Schlumberger and Brazil's Petrobas have taken up residence in the Niger Delta.

The militant leader said his forces are in the middle of a "struggle for the liberation of the Niger Delta, the most devastated and the most threatened region in the world."

"Our fight is against everybody," he said.

Nigerian forces have struggled in the battle. The navy doesn't travel to the regions where CNN went because the waters are so dangerous, patrolled by armed militants in speed boats that quickly navigate through the shallow swamps, Koinange said.

But Nweke said the government of President Olusegun Obasanjo has made progress in the delta over the past seven years, building hundreds of classrooms and health centers and undertaking myriad road projects.

"We still have a long way to go," Nweke acknowledged. "But the point I'm making this afternoon is that we've come a long way from where we were in 1999 under the military."
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by BigB11(m): 3:21am On Feb 13, 2007
Forget OBJ for a minute.
I'm very proud to read this on CNN website. It shows that our pride and dignity remain incompressible.

Regardless of what may be going on in Nigerian, Nigerians remain untouchable and cocky as ever.

Don't hesitate to attack the oyinbos because they would do the same.

I love it and I'm still pretty much proud to be a Nigeria; eventhough the horrible cut was shown all over the world, but Nigeria will never be duplicated and that is why we are the GIANT of AFRICA.
Hey, we have oil and we supply 10% of oil going to America; believe me, it is a big deal. They want us and they can't afford to lose us.

When was the last time Ghana, Togo, Kenya, Liberia etc were mentioned on CNN? I can't remember.
Our problems are temporary and things will be back to normal very very soon.

May God bless Sweet Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by GNature(m): 3:24am On Feb 13, 2007
I think it could be true that CNN paid the militants to have the pictures of the Filipino hostages taken.

The western media would do anything for publicity I tell you.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by BigB11(m): 3:32am On Feb 13, 2007
No doubt about it, I believe the Nigerian Minister of Information, Frank Nweke Jr and I'm very proud of him to come out like that swinging.

Nigeria may be currently down, but we will never never be used for media rating.

May God bless sweet Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by GNature(m): 3:34am On Feb 13, 2007
Amen ! God Bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by BigB11(m): 4:07am On Feb 13, 2007
If it wasn't because of the OIL SUPPLY, believe me, CNN wouldn't have been there.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by lewa(m): 4:34am On Feb 13, 2007
Here's CNN version!
CNN denies Nigerian allegations of staging report
POSTED: 6:14 p.m. EST, February 12, 2007
Story Highlights• Minister: CNN paid for, staged gunmen holding Filipino hostages in Niger Delta
• "It was a paid job," Nigeria's Frank Nweke said, without offering evidence
• CNN and CNN's Africa correspondent Jeff Koinange flatly denied the charge
• CNN said it did not pay for any part of the report, nor does it pay for interviews
Adjust font size:
ABUJA, Nigeria (CNN) -- A Nigerian government spokesman on Monday accused CNN of paying for and staging a report that showed 24 Filipino hostages being held by masked gunmen in the remote mangrove swamps of southern Nigeria.

"We have evidence that some of these people were actually paid to put up a show," Nigerian Minister of Information Frank Nweke Jr. told CNN International about last week's report by Jeff Koinange, CNN's Africa correspondent.

"It was a paid job, and that's exactly why we are very upset about it," he said, without offering evidence.

"He had actually approached other people before then to do the same thing and his offer was declined. And he shopped around for more people and found those criminals who were willing to play ball with him and they put on the kind of show that they put up and which was shown around the world."

CNN and Koinange flatly denied the charge. In a written statement, CNN said it did not pay for any part of the report, nor does the network pay for interviews.

The report showed the hostages, held captive since their cargo ship was seized January 20, seated on white plastic chairs, lined up in a row.

As dozens of militants, dressed in black and wearing black ski masks, danced and fired automatic weapons into the air, the hostages appeared immobilized by fear. (Watch Koinange's report, and a talk with CNN's Anderson Cooper about criticism of it))

"The government is trying to get them released," Nweke said. "But to make a show out of it in the way that your reporter did is unacceptable and, to our minds, undermines global efforts in the war on terror."

Nweke said he and his entourage had recently traveled through the Niger Delta and had seen projects intended to help the area's residents, such as health clinics and the construction of bridges, but witnessed none of the scenes shown in the report. (Watch as Nweke tells CNN's Jim Clancy why Nigeria believes the report was staged))

"You can imagine my surprise when I saw the kind of pictures that were put out on CNN portraying the situation of war and crisis in the Niger Delta," he said. "There was absolutely no correlation whatsoever with what we had on the ground and what CNN International put out there."

In denying the information minister's allegations, the network said that the only money that changed hands was the standard rental for a motorboat and captain -- about $700 -- and the standard fee to an area freelance journalist for his help in reporting and translation, about $150 per day for three days.

CNN said it will send a letter to Nweke asking him to provide any evidence to support his claims. If any credible evidence is forthcoming, CNN said it would report on that.

CNN crew goes to hideout in Niger Delta swamp
Members of the militant group, who said they were part of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, or MEND, led CNN's crew to their hideout in a swamp in the Niger Delta. MEND has recently ratcheted up its battle to redress what it says is the unequal distribution of the nation's oil wealth.

Nigeria is Africa's largest oil producer. In 2005, it was the world's sixth-largest exporter of oil, but the conflict there has cut distribution by an estimated 500,000 barrels per day, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.

The militants are threatening to hurt the oil sector even more.

"We are going to descend on all foreign interests in the Nigerian economy, either in the river or in the land," Maj. Gen. Tamuno God's Will, the group's self-described leader, told CNN.

He said his group -- which claims 200,000 fighters -- will soon launch "Operation Black Locust," aimed at key installations across the country.

"We are telling all expatriates to leave Nigeria, not only the Niger Delta, but to leave Nigeria. We will take lives, we will destroy lives, we will crumble the economy," he said.

Since late 2005, MEND militants have carried out attacks on Nigeria's oil sector and abducted dozens of foreign workers, releasing nearly all of them unharmed.

But in recent months, the attacks have become more brazen and more frequent. Two car bombings were carried out at oil company compounds in southern Nigeria's largest port town of Port Harcourt on December 18, and in January alone, militants abducted more than 30 people.

"The security situation in the Niger Delta region has deteriorated significantly over the past year," the U.S. State Department said last month in a travel warning. "Travel to the region remains dangerous and should be avoided."

Militants want share of oil profits to go to locals
Gen. God's Will said his group is fighting because few of the billions of dollars being made off the oil-rich deposits of the Niger Delta make it back to the Nigerian people, especially those in the Delta, home to some of the world's poorest people.

More than 2 million barrels of crude oil is pumped out of Nigeria every day, according to the U.S. Energy Department. International oil giants including Shell, ExxonMobil, ChevronTexaco, and oil service companies such as Schlumberger and Brazil's Petrobas have taken up residence in the Niger Delta.

The militant leader said his forces are in the middle of a "struggle for the liberation of the Niger Delta, the most devastated and the most threatened region in the world."

"Our fight is against everybody," he said.

Nigerian forces have struggled in the battle. The navy doesn't travel to the regions where CNN went because the waters are so dangerous, patrolled by armed militants in speed boats that quickly navigate through the shallow swamps, Koinange said.

But Nweke said the government of President Olusegun Obasanjo has made progress in the delta over the past seven years, building hundreds of classrooms and health centers and undertaking myriad road projects.

"We still have a long way to go," Nweke acknowledged. "But the point I'm making this afternoon is that we've come a long way from where we were in 1999 under the military."
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by ono(m): 9:49am On Feb 13, 2007
Mariory:

How do people pay back loans. It's been said that the farm is now a world class facility. Isn't that a means to repay the loan?

That's all fine and good. But the people of Lagos and Ogun states are not kidnapping foreigners and killing Nigerians and blaming it on lack of developement.

That ''farm'' became a world class facility only after OBJ became the president of this cursed country. If he had remained in the gulag (where he rightly belonged) I guess by now, he would have turned to manure in Yola prison. I wonder how he would be able to pay back a loan worth N10, talkless of a N2 billion naira loan. Of course we know that he dipped his filthy hands into the treasury. Treasury filled with the proceeds from the sale of the Niger Delta people's God-given resources.

The people of Ogun and Lagos state have nothing to loose. At best they're just a bunch of opportunists waiting for ''manna from heaven'' to help develop their lands. The present skewed arrangement has made it possible for them to flash their dirty teeths reaping where they did not sow, and taking from the resources of other people's lands. All of the power projects at Papalanto, Geregu and Mambilla will all be funded by the FG with the proceeds from the sale of crude oil, right? Or is it the proceeds from the sale of cassava and cocoa that they will use? Open your eyes, Nigeria is destined for failure, as long as the present arrangement remains.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by Mariory(m): 11:08am On Feb 13, 2007
ono:

That ''farm'' became a world class facility only after OBJ became the president of this cursed country. If he had remained in the gulag (where he rightly belonged) I guess by now, he would have turned to manure in Yola prison. I wonder how he would be able to pay back a loan worth N10, talkless of a N2 billion naira loan. Of course we know that he dipped his filthy hands into the treasury. Treasury filled with the proceeds from the sale of the Niger Delta people's God-given resources.

Do you understand what you're saying here cause I don't. When did he take out the loan? Wasn't it after he was freed from jail?

ono:

The people of Ogun and Lagos state have nothing to loose. At best they're just a bunch of opportunists waiting for ''manna from heaven'' to help develop their lands. The present skewed arrangement has made it possible for them to flash their dirty teeths reaping where they did not sow, and taking from the resources of other people's lands. All of the power projects at Papalanto, Geregu and Mambilla will all be funded by the FG with the proceeds from the sale of crude oil, right? Or is it the proceeds from the sale of cassava and cocoa that they will use? Open your eyes, Nigeria is destined for failure, as long as the present arrangement remains.

Poor poor boy. So much pain that no one cares about (including me) or recognizes. Even the militants don't give a shit. Must be torture to think all you wrote of people inhabiting an entire region. Poor poor boy. Excuse me while I reap where I did not sow, while I take resources from "your people", while flashing my dirty teeths (didn't know people could have teeths). Oh joy. grin
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by Orikinla(m): 11:26am On Feb 13, 2007
All these ignorant posters defending the lies of OBJ and his chief liar Frank Nweke Jr, are ignorant of the realities in the Niger Delta and don't even know that Amnesty International indicted OBJ for gross violation of human rights in the Niger Delta region.

Over 10,000 innocent people have been wasted in extra-judicial killings since 1999 to date.
Journalists have been haunted and murdered.
Bola Ige was murdered.
Prominent politicians have been assassinated.
Villages in the Niger Delta have been razed by government storm troopers.

When Nigerian soldiers, naval officers and police officers see the militants, they flee in fear and trembling.
Like when militants invaded Port Harcourt recently and freed their members and other prisoners.

The militants even mounted road block and turned away many delegates from the PDP rally.

OBJ paid to bring American journalists to Nigeria to poison their minds against Atiku, but one of them asked to be taken to Ajegunle and there he saw the miserable poor people living in terrible conditions like refugess and wondered why OBJ was lying to them that Nigerians were now better.

Agip Kidnapped - Day 69

Blood Oil
Could a bunch of Nigerian militants in speedboats bring about a U.S. recession? Blowing up facilities and taking hostages, they are wreaking havoc on the oil production of America's fifth-largest supplier. Deep in the Niger-delta swamps, the author meets the nightmarish result of four decades of corruption.

by Sebastian Junger
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/02/junger200702?currentPage=1

Click here to download the data of violent kidnappings in the Niger Delta

If you want to see the naked truth, come down to the Niger Delta and face the wrath of the people and not on the internet.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by lewa(m): 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2007
The people of Ogun and Lagos state have nothing to loose. At best they're just a bunch of opportunists waiting for ''manna from heaven'' to help develop their lands. The present skewed arrangement has made it possible for them to flash their dirty teeths reaping where they did not sow, and taking from the resources of other people's lands.
This is crass ineptitude at its lowest nadir!Look at a part of your manic,sickening, jaundiced, ignorant post!So you think that the people of Ogun and Lagos depend on the resources of the Delta for their daily upkeep?Ignoramus, i know you are quite embittered but please take your frustration to another region of the country!Afenifere and other Socio-political groups advocated 50% derivation for the N/D at the last Constitutional Confab. Moreover the "powers' that be strongly disagreed and their premise was that the billions alloted so far should be accounted for since constitutionally oil was everyone's resource. The delegation from the N/D was taken aback!So is it the Yoruba man responsible for the gross underdevelopment in the region?We have always advocated a devolution of power at the centre, major control of regional resources and extended solidarity with the N/D, so please before hitting that keyboard in the frenzy state induced by the cheap intoxicating effects of ignorance and folly,check your facts.
OBJ incase you know has some of his vocal critics from his region-WS, Gani, Tinubu, Falae, etc!
Those from Lagos and Ogun are not waiting for crumbs or other people's vaunted patrimony to survive. Please if that is the propaganda in your creek, help stop it. Look inwards and seek out your local elected officials who have systematically pauperised and pillaged your people.
Not surprised though,you are just one mis(un)informed of many!
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by Mariory(m): 12:07pm On Feb 13, 2007
They have released the 24 Filipinos most likely after receiving more money.

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/news/breakingnews/view_article.php?article_id=49243
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by nikynike(f): 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2007
Dont mind them after receiving N240,000,000.00.They are thieves
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by GNature(m): 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2007
lewa:

Look inwards and seek out your local elected officials who have systematically pauperised and pillaged your people.
Not surprised though,you are just one mis(un)informed of many!

Excellent point Lewa !

ono is coming here and acting as if the ND states are not doing any looting.

Some people have also gone completely off topic just to prove their points. I hope they wouldn't get cardiac arrest sha grin lol

nikynike:

they received N240,000,000 ?
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by Afam(m): 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2007
Orikinla:

All these ignorant posters defending the lies of OBJ and his chief liar Frank Nweke Jr, are ignorant of the realities in the Niger Delta and don't even know that Amnesty International indicted OBJ for gross violation of human rights in the Niger Delta region.

Please, what are the realities in the Niger Delta? Save us from ignorance and educate us abeg.

For your information, I have lived and worked in PH, Eket, Bonny Island and Warri. It is sickening to hear people blame the FG for problems in the Niger Delta and at the same time support their leaders that shortchange them and squander the money meant for development.

The FG will certainly not open bank accounts for all the Niger Deltans neither will it provide jobs for the people of the Niger Detla. The blame game is becoming embarassing.

Where did the kidnappers get the money for the arms and ammunitions they are using?

Orikinla:

If you want to see the naked truth, come down to the Niger Delta and face the wrath of the people and not on the internet.

Wrath of the people? Thank God a lot of the Niger Deltans are begining to ask the right questions now are evaluating the situation they way they should as against believing everything their leaders and politicians tell them even when they strike deals with companies and government agencies to enrich themselves at the expense of the vast majority.

NB

Oil will not be there forever, oil is a wasting asset, better look for ways to develop the human resources you have as depending on oil way too much will ultimately boomerang in the long run.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by donnymikky(m): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2007

if all these monies are channelled into developing the ND atleast the region would have had some facelifting. This confirms that the boys and their sponsors (bigwigs in the region) are all thieves. They kept on shouting at the Fg as if the Gorvenors in that region dont get statutory allocations every month including 13% derivative. The OBJ government sought to improve the ND situation by introducing this 13% derivative but the Gorbvernors rae not helping matters at all. The people of that region should start looking in the right direction by making their Governors accountable for their monthly allocations.
Re: Nigeria Versus Cnn by ono(m): 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2007
Mariory:

Do you understand what you're saying here cause I don't. When did he take out the loan? Wasn't it after he was freed from jail?

Poor poor boy. So much pain that no one cares about (including me) or recognizes. Even the militants don't give a shit. Must be torture to think all you wrote of people inhabiting an entire region. Poor poor boy. Excuse me while I reap where I did not sow, while I take resources from "your people", while flashing my dirty teeths (didn't know people could have teeths). Oh joy. grin

How is it that I changed my initial stance of not joining issues with you again on this forum? Well this is the last from me to you. The very last, Mariory, cause we're always never coming to an accord on anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: Ido-Osi Local Government Poll Result Analysis: Comments Needed / If We Must Respect The Zoning Arrangement, then We Can As Well Divide Nigeria / Catholic Priest Saga: Ohakim, Wife Apologise To Imo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.