Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? (7922 Views)

I Don't Believe In The Bible But I Believe In God Does That Make Me Less A Xiatn / Natural Man, Spiritual Man Or Carnal Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by JeSoul(f): 7:41pm On Feb 19, 2010
TV01:

Sister JeSoul come 0? In the highly unlikely event that you do have to do a spot of hunting will you favour the unbeliever over god fearing me? Chei shocked!
Lol . . . of course not oh, but that statement was made under the likeliest of assumptions that a believer to the degree of the solid biblical persuations you have exhibited so far, will not last much longer on the market grin. Besides, I have a feeling of a prayer about DS and Krayola . . . by His mercy, it won't be long before they are arrested beyond rescue by the beauty and mystery of the cross.

Bro' TV hastens to schedule more prayer, fasting and night vigils in place of his proposed trip to the east coast wink!

God bless
TV
Lol  grin
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by DeepSight(m): 10:48am On Feb 20, 2010
JeSoul:

I have a feeling of a prayer about DS and Krayola . . . by His mercy, it won't be long before they are arrested beyond rescue by the beauty and mystery of the cross.

Too late sista: you have no idea what a great christian fanatic i once was: from the age of about 4 my whole family and relatives called me "pastor" and "bishop" because of this business of obsession with the truth and seeking it. . . used all my poocket money in primary school to buy bibles and christian literature. . .bored my siblings to death preaching to them. . . wrote hymns. . . became a Jehovah's Witness. . . preached in Secondary school. . .u have no idea dear. . . it's been a long road; but i will never turn back to that now: its dead whereas now i am firmly and truly liberated and alive in the will of the one true living GOD. . .this i know in my heart for sure. . .
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by ilosiwaju: 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2010
tpia.:

flawed analysis from top to bottom.
tpia, how so?
JeSoul:

Oga, that one no ga happen at all hehe grin even if I no find for hia, I will hunt either you, Krayola or TV down  grin
haba! Now i don vex. Why on earth am i not shortlisted?  grin
TV01:

Sister JeSoul come 0? In the highly unlikely event that you do have to do a spot of hunting will you favour the unbeliever over god fearing me? Chei  shocked!

Bro' TV hastens to schedule more prayer, fasting and night vigils in place of his proposed trip to the east coast  wink!

God bless
TV
Brother TV, peace be unto you. Christians are light to the world, why should you be on  jesoul's list when people like me, deepsight, krayola need the conversion/light which you already have. dont be selfish nah.  grin grin grin
Soooo hilarious TV.  wink
tpia.:

Una dey sell condom?
haaaaa! agbaya!  grin
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2010
I do not think the idea of waiting till one is ready for s.ex is a bad idea through and through, I think though that the decision of when should rest solely on when a person is 'smart' enough to deal with the consequences of s.ex. The age where one can get at least reasonably married these days is a lot different from when these 'inspired' men wrote these books, I dare say that if the bible were written in our times the instruction might be have s.ex with only your fiance or someone who you really love. But this is where I think religion sucks and badly at that, my dearest sister Jesoul is very willing to go without it if she does not find anyone, which is not a 'bad' thing if you ask me but what I need to underline is this, her decision is based on what she has seen in the bible and that is the feeling I get when I read lines like "na by force to follow bible' and suddenly I can see why people will continue to try and blow other people up. . . . .it is sad that even in the face of evidence people will choose what they see in their religious books. . . . .so one of the reasons why I can never ever be a theist in my life again.
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by JeSoul(f): 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2010
What are these boys Chris and Ilosi doing here on a sabbath day self? cheesy Unfortunately been up since 6am and will be at work practically the whole of today sad

ilosiwaju:
Why on earth am i not shortlisted?
I nor know you well well now? cheesy

;DBrother TV, peace be unto you. Christians are light to the world, why should you be on jesoul's list when people like me, deepsight, krayola need the conversion/light which you already have. dont be selfish nah. grin grin grin
Soooo hilarious TV grin
Lol this boy is not serious lol

Deep Sight:

Too late sista: you have no idea what a great christian fanatic i once was: from the age of about 4 my whole family and relatives called me "pastor" and "bishop" because of this business of obsession with the truth and seeking it. . . used all my poocket money in primary school to buy bibles and christian literature. . .bored my siblings to death preaching to them. . . wrote hymns. . . became a Jehovah's Witness. . . preached in Secondary school. . .u have no idea dear. . . it's been a long road; but i will never turn back to that now: its dead whereas now i am firmly and truly liberated and alive in the will of the one true living GOD. . .this i know in my heart for sure. . .
My brotha you will not be the first (and certainly not the last) soul who was previously of the christian "faith" to walk away for a season only to return later in life after much journeying and searching. There's a NLder (I forget his name now) who told his story, was gone for more than 10years and came back. I believe on behalf of you and Krayola and many others here on NL.
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by JeSoul(f): 3:10pm On Feb 21, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

I do not think the idea of waiting till one is ready for s.ex is a bad idea through and through, I think though that the decision of when should rest solely on when a person is 'smart' enough to deal with the consequences of s.ex. The age where one can get at least reasonably married these days is a lot different from when these 'inspired' men wrote these books, I dare say that if the bible were written in our times the instruction might be have s.ex with only your fiance or someone who you really love.

Not by a long stretch.

The bible is not against se.x, it simply encourages that it be done only in the context of marriage - there there is commitment and the two parties are one. This "love" nonsense is what gives loose men and women of today the basis to go round hopping from bed to bed and then when they fall out of "love" move on to the next piece. Sorry, I don't buy "love", if its true love it will not be afraid to commit fully to only that person in marriage.

But this is where I think religion sucks and badly at that, my dearest sister Jesoul is very willing to go without it if she does not find anyone, which is not a 'bad' thing if you ask me but what I need to underline is this, her decision is based on what she has seen in the bible and that is the feeling I get when I read lines like "na by force to follow bible' and suddenly I can see why people will continue to try and blow other people up. . . . .it is sad that even in the face of evidence people will choose what they see in their religious books. . . . .so one of the reasons why I can never ever be a theist in my life again.
Where non-christians are stumbling on this issue is that they think for a person to not have se.x in their lives is like a life sentence of immense proportions.

Christians have testified here how fulfilled they are without it, how happy and satisfied that Christ and the knowledge of God be our only pursuit - YET - opponents still imagine we're "missing out" and subjecting ourselves to some kind of sacrifical lack for the sake of religion? No.

Should it come to that, I will do so because nothing compares to Christ. Whatever you think you might be "giving up" is really a gain for the sake of the pursuit. So don't feel sad for us, au contraire, we are the most happy of men, the most happy.
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:36pm On Feb 21, 2010
lol and here I was thinking you are not usually online during weekends lol.
Sweetheart you got it a bit twistedd on different levels, first off my little prediction there about love being in the bible if it was written in our times was only a reflection of how important it has become in recent times and really nothing to do with the topic at hand, what I wanted you to take from it was that I thought the law was too rigid to follow these days.
Furthermore, you missed the point yet again about people complaining, I am saying that even when something goes beyond what should be accepted as rationally and morally right people would say things like hey I need my 72 virgins and next stop is to blow Jesoul's house when she is sleeping. . . . . . . Catch my drift?
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by ilosiwaju: 3:48pm On Feb 21, 2010
JeSoul:

I nor know you well well now? cheesy
Dont wori, hai wee may you my siiiiifi so u kan konsida me, hif u found me haynsom, let me no. it haf been long since i be fayin boyi.
grin grin grin
Interpretation:
don't worry, i will mail you my profile so can consider me. if you find me handsome and borna-again, inform me. i have been handsome since birth
stops boasting so as not to sound like mafinboks mavenbox
grin grin grin

Getting serious now
Nice post chris.
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Krayola(m): 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2010
JeSoul:

Oga, that one no ga happen at all hehe grin even if I no find for hia, I will hunt either you, Krayola or TV down  grin
grin grin  [size=15pt]CHOOSE ME!!!![/size]

ilosiwaju:

Dont wori, hai wee may you my siiiiifi so u kan konsida me, hif u found me haynsom, let me no. it haf been long since i be fayin boyi.
grin grin   grin  Stop dat break dance. U doesn't haf hakshun like me. I haf street credibility. I can pop wheelie with my wheel barrow  cool cool

Chrisbenogor:

But this is where I think religion sucks and badly at that, my dearest sister Jesoul is very willing to go without it if she does not find anyone, which is not a 'bad' thing if you ask me but what I need to underline is this, her decision is based on what she has seen in the bible and that is  the feeling I get when I read lines like "na by force to follow bible' and suddenly I can see why people will continue to try and blow other people up. . . . .it is sad that even in the face of evidence people will choose what they see in their religious books. . . . .so one of the reasons why I can never ever be a theist in my life again.

I think it mostly boils down to belief in heaven/hell as actual places where people/souls/whateva spend eternity. When what guides one's conduct is whether he/she will be rewarded/punished for it by some authority, and not personal reflection on the real life consequences of one's conduct, then you shouldn't be surprised that people will do such. I don't think it is so much what the bible says, but how it is understood.

If one reads the old testament, and I've tried to make this point tonnes of times on NL cause I think wrestling with it  is very important for believers, the whole idea of an afterlife is very very vague. It isn't clearly defined, and not once is heaven or hell mentioned as the fate of mankind. Not to Abraham, Moses, Jacob, Joseph, David, etc etc. 

How did something that was obviously not of great importance (If this was really our fate I think God will have said sumn about it in all those thousands of years) become so central to people's beliefs? What did Jesus mean when he said "Kingdom of God"? Are there any strong arguments, based on objective, non-spirit inspired, research/evidence that it was not meant as a magical place in the skies? Have these issues been thoroughly investigated by believers, or do they just defer to the authority of church/christian tradition?

I think dismissing the authority of the bible is too big a step/move for most to make. But i think that people should, at least, question it. If u think God will get mad at you for questioning something that doesn't add up to you then u need to ask urself . .  is this a God I want to be worshiping?
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by JeSoul(f): 5:34pm On Feb 21, 2010
lol . . . I will be back in earnest to answer all these my wonderful brothers, gatta rush off to the lab!
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by ilosiwaju: 5:51pm On Feb 21, 2010
ok lof, dont be too long hor helse i we get ajitated.
grin grin
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by TV01(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21, 2010
JeSoul:

Unfortunately been up since 6am and will be at work practically the whole of today sad

Aw, sorry to hear that Jess. Be sure to get some rest later.

TV ends vigil and breaks fast - with rare tuna steak and avo salad if you must know - strengthened and ready for battle. There is much at stake. The beauty of the kings daughter has spread abroad and the finest gentile princes head towards the holy city, hoping for the reward of her hand. Hmmmm thinks TV, just enough time to put them to flight before dessert - apple crumble and custard - then checks flights to the east coast. No dullin'  grin!

God bless
TV

ps will revisit the heaven/hell as motivation  - or not - notion later. rushing out.
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2010
Krayola you are on your own oh kweshun the bible ko?
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Traugott(m): 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2010
LOL! The many friends of JeSoul. grin
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by TV01(m): 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2010
Krayola:

I think it mostly boils down to belief in heaven/hell as actual places where people/souls/whateva spend eternity. When what guides one's conduct is whether he/she will be rewarded/punished for it by some authority, and not personal reflection on the real life consequences of one's conduct, then you shouldn't be surprised that people will do such. I don't think it is so much what the bible says, but how it is understood.

A good point sir and as it goes, I cannot speak for everyone on this, so I'll outline my personal motivation

At a point, notions of heaven and hell did come into consideration. Along with the sense of the eternal futulity of the vanities we pursue on this earth and my very real sense of personal sin and hopelessness

There are at least 3 different schools of thought on hell and I personally can't claim any revelational knowledge about it. My best reading of the bible and consideration of the views of others does not lead me to the commonly accepted view.

But as my journey unfolds it is less about doctrine as such and not about rewards or blessings. Its about the relationship and my desire to know
Him, to please Him, to honour and to glorify Him. My terror at the thought of forniction/adultery, is not so much at the consequences to me - which is less than my concern about the impact on others - its about the thought of damaging or impairing my relationship with Him. Perish the thought.

God bless
TV

Phew, it was bloody out there, but with mighty scything blows of my well thumbed NKJV, I put the gentile princes to flight - or "area scatter" as I'm told its known as these days". Timing wasn't great, but a little light exercise after a meal aids digestion. No time to relax my mission is as yet complete. Resets helmet and points chariot in the direction of the kings palace. tbc,
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by JeSoul(f): 4:18pm On Feb 22, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

lol and here I was thinking you are not usually online during weekends lol.
Yes oh, usually smiley

Sweetheart you got it a bit twistedd on different levels, first off my little prediction there about love being in the bible if it was written in our times was only a reflection of how important it has become in recent times and really nothing to do with the topic at hand, what I wanted you to take from it was that I thought the law was too rigid to follow these days.
Too rigid? for who? smiley I find it a most blessed and satisfying "law" to follow.

Furthermore, you missed the point yet again about people complaining, I am saying that even when something goes beyond what should be accepted as rationally and morally right people would say things like hey I need my 72 virgins and next stop is to blow Jesoul's house when she is sleeping. . . . . . . Catch my drift?
Drift caught Chris. And that's where I always draw the line. The minute one's convictions and beliefs cross over and begin to affect others negatively, it is no longer their personal belief. The issue of abstinence has no effect on anyone but the believer in it.
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by JeSoul(f): 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2010
ilosiwaju:

ok lof, dont be too long hor helse i we get ajitated.
grin grin
Lol, naija-speak always gets a chuckle outta me.

TV01:

Aw, sorry to hear that Jess. Be sure to get some rest later.
My brother thank you jare, I was stuck here till 10:30 last night and back at it this morning . . . best believe I will be skipping some department meetings this afternoon cool

TV ends vigil and breaks fast - with rare tuna steak and avo salad if you must know - strengthened and ready for battle. There is much at stake. The beauty of the kings daughter has spread abroad and the finest gentile princes head towards the holy city, hoping for the reward of her hand. Hmmmm thinks TV, just enough time to put them to flight before dessert - apple crumble and custard - then checks flights to the east coast. No dullin' grin!
Honest, you and DS should get together and write a play! lol "apple crumble" lol

@Krayola/Chris, I really like TV's response to you here, I think he captures my sentiments on the matter quite nicely, if only I were half as articulate . . .
TV01:

A good point sir and as it goes, I cannot speak for everyone on this, so I'll outline my personal motivation

At a point, notions of heaven and hell did come into consideration. Along with the sense of the eternal futulity of the vanities we pursue on this earth and my very real sense of personal sin and hopelessness

There are at least 3 different schools of thought on hell and I personally can't claim any revelational knowledge about it. My best reading of the bible and consideration of the views of others does not lead me to the commonly accepted view.

[b]But as my journey unfolds it is less about doctrine as such and not about rewards or blessings. Its about the relationship and my desire to know Him, to please Him, to honour and to glorify Him. My terror at the thought of forniction/adultery, is not so much at the consequences to me - which is less than my concern about the impact on others - its about the thought of damaging or impairing my relationship with Him. [/b]Perish the thought.
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by JeSoul(f): 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2010
Traugott, don't lemme spill your beans, you with your following of a billion people spanning all the continents grin
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=13pt]I have  inquiry into the origins of Christianity begins to-day with the question like: "Did Jesus Christ really live?" Was there a man named Jesus, who was called the Christ, living in Palestine nineteen centuries ago, of whose life and teachings we have a correct account in the New Testament? The orthodox idea that Christ was the son of God--God himself in human form--that he was the creator of the countless millions of glowing suns and wheeling worlds that strew the infinite expanse of the universe; that the forces of nature were the servants of his will and changed their courses at his command--such an idea has been abandoned by every independent thinker in the world--by every thinker who relies on reason and experience rather than mere faith--by every man of free -thinking who places the integrity of nature above the challenge of ancient religious tales.

Not only has the divinity of Christ been given up, but his existence as a man is being more and more seriously questioned. Some of the ablest scholars of the world deny that he ever lived at all. A commanding literature dealing with the inquiry, intense in its seriousness and profound and thorough in its research, is growing up in all countries, and spreading the conviction that Christ is a myth. The question is one of tremendous importance. For the Freethinker, as well as for the Christian, it is of the weightiest significance. The Christian religion has been and is a mighty fact in the world. For good or for ill, it has absorbed for many centuries the best energies of mankind. It has stayed the march of civilization, and made martyrs of some of the noblest men and women of the race: and it is to-day the greatest enemy of knowledge, of freedom, of social and industrial improvement, and of the genuine brotherhood of mankind. The progressive forces of the world are at war with this Asiatic superstition, and this war will continue until the triumph of truth and freedom is complete angry. The question, "Did Jesus Christ Really Live?" goes to the very root of the conflict between reason and faith; and upon its determination depends, to some degree, the decision as to whether religion or humanity shall rule the world.

What, then, is the evidence that Jesus Christ lived in this world as a man? The authorities relied upon to prove the reality of Christ are the four Gospels of the New Testament--Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. These Gospels, and these alone, tell the story of his life. Now we know absolutely nothing of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, apart from what is said of them in the Gospels. Moreover, the Gospels themselves do not claim to have been written by these men. They are not called "The Gospel of Matthew," or "The Gospel of Mark," but "The Gospel According to Matthew," "The Gospel According to Mark," "The Gospel According to Luke," and "The Gospel According to John." No human being knows who wrote a single line in one of these Gospels. No human being knows when they were written, or where. Biblical scholarship has established the fact that the Gospel of Mark is the oldest of the four. The chief reasons for this conclusion are that this Gospel is shorter, simpler, and more natural, than any of the other three. It is shown that the Gospels of Matthew and Luke were enlarged from the Gospel of Mark. The Gospel of Mark knows nothing of the virgin birth, of the Sermon on the Mount, of the Lord's prayer, or of other important facts of the supposed life of Christ. These features were added by Matthew and Luke.
[/size]
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=13pt]But the Gospel of Mark, as we have it, is not the original Mark. In the same way that the writers of Matthew and Luke copied and enlarged the Gospel of Mark, Mark copied and enlarged an earlier document which is called the "original Mark." This original source perished in the early age of the Church. What it was, who wrote it, where it was written, nobody knows. The Gospel of John is admitted by Christian scholars to be an unhistorical document. They acknowledge that it is not a life of Christ, but an interpretation of him; that it gives us an idealized and spiritualized picture of what Christ is supposed to have been, and that it is largely composed of the speculations of Greek philosophy. The Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, which are called the "Synoptic Gospels," on the one hand, and the Gospel of John, on the other, stand at opposite extremes of thought. So complete is the difference between the teaching of the first three Gospels and that of the fourth, that every critic admits that if Jesus taught as the Synoptics relate, he could not possibly have taught as John declares. Indeed, in the first three Gospels and in the fourth, we meet with two entirely different Christs. Did I say two? It should be three; for, according to Mark, Christ was a man; according to Matthew and Luke, he was a demigod; while John insists that he was God himself.[/size]
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by DeepSight(m): 5:12pm On Feb 22, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

I have  inquiry into the origins of Christianity begins to-day with the question like: "Did Jesus Christ really live?" Was there a man named Jesus, who was called the Christ, living in Palestine nineteen centuries ago, of whose life and teachings we have a correct account in the New Testament? The orthodox idea that Christ was the son of God--God himself in human form--that he was the creator of the countless millions of glowing suns and wheeling worlds that strew the infinite expanse of the universe; that the forces of nature were the servants of his will and changed their courses at his command--such an idea has been abandoned by every independent thinker in the world--by every thinker who relies on reason and experience rather than mere faith--by every man of free -thinking who places the integrity of nature above the challenge of ancient religious tales.

Excellently put. I can't get over the nature of Christian dogma: it appears to me synonymous with a severe form of dislocated derangement. The paganistic fallacies regarding the diety of christ being the most outlandish claims that supposed men of reason can be so bold as to embarrass themselves with.
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:19pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=13pt]Deep Sight i feel you, the most supprissing thing is that there is not the smallest fragment of trustworthy evidence to show that any of the Gospels were in existence, in their present form, earlier than a hundred years after the time at which Christ is supposed to have died. Christian scholars, having no reliable means by which to fix the date of their composition, assign them to as early an age as their calculations and their guesses will allow; but the dates thus arrived at are far removed from the age of Christ or his apostles. We are told that Mark was written some time after the year 70, Luke about 110, Matthew about 130, and John not earlier than 140 A.D. Let me impress upon you that these dates are conjectural, and that they are made as early as possible. The first historical mention of the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, was made by the Christian Father, St. Irenaeus, about the year 190 A.D. The only earlier mention of any of the Gospels was made by Theopholis of Antioch, who mentioned the Gospel of John in 180 A.D.

There is absolutely nothing to show that these Gospels--the only sources of authority as to the existence of Christ--were written until a hundred and fifty years after the events they pretend to describe. Walter R. Cassels, the learned author of "Supernatural Religion," one of the greatest works ever written on the origins of Christianity, says: "After having exhausted the literature and the testimony bearing on the point, we have not found a single distinct trace of any of those Gospels during the first century and a half after the death of Christ." How can Gospels which were not written until a hundred and fifty years after Christ is supposed to have died, and which do not rest on any trustworthy testimony, have the slightest value as evidence that he really lived? History must be founded upon genuine documents or on living proof. Were a man of to-day to attempt to write the life of a supposed character of a hundred and fifty years ago, without any historical documents upon which to base his narrative, his work would not be a history, it would be a romance. Not a single statement in it could be relied upon.
Christ is supposed to have been a Jew, and his disciples are said to have been Jewish fishermen. His language, and the language of his followers must, therefore, have been Aramaic--the popular language of Palestine in that age. But the Gospels are written in Greek--every one of them. Nor were they translated from some other language. Every leading Christian scholar since Erasmus, four hundred years ago, has maintained that they were originally written in Greek. This proves that they were not written by Christ's disciples, or by any of the early Christians. Foreign Gospels, written by unknown men, in a foreign tongue, several generations after the death of those who are supposed to have known the facts--such is the evidence relied upon to prove that Jesus lived.
But while the Gospels were written several generations too late to be of authority, the original documents, such as they were, were not preserved. The Gospels that were written in the second century no longer exist. They have been lost or destroyed. The oldest Gospels that we have are supposed to be copies of copies of copies that were made from those Gospels. We do not know who made these copies; we do not know when they were made; nor do we know whether they were honestly made. Between the earliest Gospels and the oldest existing manuscripts of the New Testament, there is a blank gulf of three hundred years. It is, therefore, impossible to say what the original Gospels contained.
[/size]
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 22, 2010
^^ offtopic

if you dont like the gospels then go ask the Jews if the Torah permits premarital intimacy.

if you dont like jews, then have abuzola give you an update on sexual mores in Islam

while you're at it, go to the village and ask the elders there how things were in the olden days
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by InesQor(m): 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2010
@Deep Sight and Ogaga4luv: If you really want to know, I recommend this book, it's just $2.60 or less. MORE THAN A CARPENTER by Josh McDowell (http://www.amazon.com/More-Than-Carpenter-Josh-McDowell/dp/0842345523)
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:39am On Feb 23, 2010
[size=13pt]MORE THAN A CARPENTER a book that I have read twice and have recommended to others when feeling "What's it all about? huh " The book was originally started to disprove the legacy of Jesus and his statements about who he was! By the time the writer's research is complete, he himself thinks differently about what he is feeling and what his intent is with the book. He puts Jesus' case on trial. It is up to you to make the final decision. That is, if the evidence is supportive of or detrimental to the case of Jesus and his followers claims about him! A great "think about it!!" InesQor ,christianity is something else.[/size]
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by InesQor(m): 12:21pm On Feb 23, 2010
Ogaga4luv, if indeed you have read it, then I recommend these three books by the same author: Evidence that Demands a Verdict, The Resurrection Factor, and He Walked among Us. There is no wisdom in deriding what you have not CAREFULLY examined, so I guess if you read the other three books as well (which approach the matters from other evidential perspectives) then you can return and make a case.

See what more Wikipedia has to tell you:
In books such as Evidence That Demands a Verdict, The Resurrection Factor, and He Walked Among Us, McDowell has arranged his arguments by laying out a cumulative case of evidences, such as archaeological discoveries, the extant manuscripts of the biblical texts, fulfilled prophecies, and the miracle of the resurrection. In More Than A Carpenter he blended historical argument with legal arguments concerning the direct witness and circumstantial evidences for Jesus' life and resurrection.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McDowell
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by blackcypha(m): 2:14am On Feb 24, 2010
poster r u a teenager ?
what kind of CHILDISH QUESTION IS THIS?did u not do biology in school?
okay HELL YES IT MAKES U CARNAL AND U WILL GO TO HELL IF U DONT STOP/REPENT , I guess this is what u want to hear, shior!
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by MyJoe: 11:47am On Feb 24, 2010
Deep Sight:

Excellently put. I can't get over the nature of Christian dogma: it appears to me synonymous with a severe form of dislocated derangement. The paganistic fallacies regarding the diety of christ being the most outlandish claims that supposed men of reason can be so bold as to embarrass themselves with.
grin grin grin
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:53am On Feb 24, 2010
[size=13pt]iw try by all means to get the listed books . wink[/size]
InesQor:

Ogaga4luv, if indeed you have read it, then I recommend these three books by the same author: Evidence that Demands a Verdict, The Resurrection Factor, and He Walked among Us. There is no wisdom in deriding what you have not CAREFULLY examined, so I guess if you read the other three books as well (which approach the matters from other evidential perspectives) then you can return and make a case.

See what more Wikipedia has to tell you:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_McDowell
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
spent about an hour reading this thread... and I have an exam tomorrow...
Just wonder if anyone here still agrees with his/her arguments made 2 years ago? Or any revisions?
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by Goshen360(m): 10:56pm On Apr 11, 2012
musKeeto: spent about an hour reading this thread... and I have an exam tomorrow...
Just wonder if anyone here still agrees with his/her arguments made 2 years ago? Or any revisions?

Good luck in your exam bro. The Lord is your strength. It is well for you in Jesus' name. (Amen)
Re: Does This Make Me A Carnal Christian? by JeSoul(f): 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2012
musKeeto: spent about an hour reading this thread... and I have an exam tomorrow...
wow, glad you were entertained. All the very best on your exam. Nothing less than an A will do oh ... smiley

As far as I have read, I do with mine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sharing Christian Conversion Lessons: "True life stories" / Thinking Out Loud! / Why Prayers Of Many Christians Are Hindered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.