Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,949 members, 7,828,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

"We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola (1323 Views)

Nine Varsities To Get Solar Plant, Says Fashola / Works Ministry Executed No Capital Project In 2017, Says Fashola / FG Owes Road Contractors N2.7trn, Says Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by deji17: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
We now generate 6800MW but it is beyond Discos’ capacity”, says Fashola
August 15, 2017

Posted in
Economy Energy Industry
Babatunde Fashola, minster of works, power and housing, says the power being generated is higher than the carrying capacity of electricity distribution companies.

Speaking at the 18th monthly power sector stakeholders meeting hosted by Kano electricity distribution company on Monday, Fashola described the situation as a serious challenge to efforts made by the government.

“It is a serious problem that the distribution companies do not have enough carrying capacity to accommodate more of the generated electricity due to one reason or the other.”

The minister also told the gathering that federal government has approved a loan of N39 billion to enable electricity distribution companies (Discos) supply prepaid meters.

He said the gesture is part of the power sector recovery programme aimed at ensuring uninterrupted power generation and distribution.

“It is also aimed at ending the series of complaints by consumers who applied for meter but were not supplied at the appropriate time.”

Fashola said successful implementation of the recovery programme would resolve the conflict between electricity distributors and consumers over tariff collection.

According to the minister, power generation has increased to 6,863 megawatts in 2017.

He attributed the increase to efforts made by the government to end vandalism of gas pipelines.

The federal government had earlier approved a fund of N701 billion to complement the payment deficits made by Discos.

Source: The Cable

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by ediama(m): 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by Firefire(m): 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2017
Mr Minister of darkness formulating lies as usual.

Raining season induced generation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by sarrki(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
Fashola weldone

Please do more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by sarrki(m): 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
Firefire:

Dem don come ooook

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by Firefire(m): 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
sarrki:

Dem don come ooook

Hey, Brother Zone-B, please continue your business and maintain your direct lane to secure your future.

Posterity will judge you and your likes...

3 Likes

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by sarrki(m): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
Firefire:

Hey, Brother Zone-B, please continue your business and maintain your direct lane to secure your future.

You guys don't know how to play opposition

Just ranting up and down

Naturally born wailers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by Firefire(m): 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
sarrki:

Just ranting up and down

Naturally born wailers

SMH undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by deji17: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
Firefire:

You can continue to wail. Most people have reported on power supply improvement in their area and if the Discos can distribute what is currently been generated, then more improvement will be noticed.
No matter how much you wail, majority of Nigerians stand with Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by deji17: 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
sarrki:

Just ranting up and down

Naturally born wailers

The best they can do, is to wail, rant, whine, spread fake news, label known and established facts as propaganda or insult people with contrary view from theirs. I wonder why they think that is a winning strategy grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by Firefire(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
deji17:

You can continue to wail. Most people have reported on power supply improvement in their area and if the Discos can distribute what is currently been generated, then more improvement will be noticed.
No matter how much you wail, majority of Nigerians stand with Buhari.

Yah, APC capital investment in the power generating equipments led to the power generation increase. undecided

Many still lives in fool paradise.

Dry season go soon come.

Like party like scattered children of propaganda on the cyberspace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by thesicilian: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
In other words, it is not my fault that you're still in darkness after 2yrs...

1 Like

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by deji17: 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
Firefire:

Yah, APC capital investment in the power generating equipments led to the power generation increase. undecided

Many still lives in fool paradise.

Dry season go soon come.

Like party like scattered children of propaganda on the cyberspace.

Dry season is welcome.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by greatiyk4u(m): 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2017
This is fact only those in the system are aware of

Nigeria will later realize that Fashola/Buhari are progressive thinkers

"The bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by chris4gold(m): 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
Kontinue...
Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by deji17: 7:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
greatiyk4u:
This is fact only those in the system are aware of

Nigeria will later realize that Fashola/Buhari are progressive thinkers

We continue to pray for his success. As it is now, Fashola's success, in the portfolio he is handling,is Nigeria's success. Only short sighted, unpatriotic Nigerians will think otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by vedaxcool(m): 8:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
[s]
Firefire:

[/s]

With $465 billion Jonathan your lord of thieves and father of corruption couldn't generate 4000mw during heavy rainfall ... you people worship lies live lies and breath lies that is why you will rush to post silly crap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by greatiyk4u(m): 8:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
deji17:

We continue to pray for his success. As it is now, Fashola's success, in the portfolio he is handling,is Nigeria's success. Only short sighted, unpatriotic Nigerians will think otherwise.

You are wise and informed............quick to build, quick to collapse

"The sadness of low quality stays while the sweetness of low price is gone"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by SalamRushdie: 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
God punish Fashola for this lie ....The only reason why you and your DISCO friends reject electricity from GENCOs is because u want to sell darkness ... When Nigeria electricity reaches 4500MWs we all know because we see the difference so Fashola stop lying
Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by SalamRushdie: 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
greatiyk4u:

That's bigotry speaking and not common sense
Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by uwa1(m): 8:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
So now there is a new problem and a new avenue to steal...
Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by ProWalker: 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
Unless I want God to punish me, that is when I would deny the remarkable improvement in electricity supply where I live in Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by greatiyk4u(m): 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

That's bigotry speaking and not common sense

This is above your IQ, just calm down
I know you have programmed your mind to only assimilate bad news

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by SalamRushdie: 8:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
greatiyk4u:

This is above your IQ, just calm down
I know you have programmed your mind to only assimilate bad news

I have programmed my waiting for the resignation of the Buhari that's all while you have sold your soul to the game of tribalism and blind support for a failed leadership just because he is from your region
Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by ProWalker: 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I have programmed my waiting for the resignation of the Buhari that's all while you have sold your soul to the game of tribalism and blind support for a failed leadership just because he is from your region

You are the one blinded completely by tribalism m!
I know that as an ibo guy, Buhari will never do anything good in your sight

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by deji17: 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2017
greatiyk4u:

Thanks bro. You too. We follow wise and informed. grin grin grin grin
God bless you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by deji17: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
ProWalker:
Unless I want God to punish me, that is when I would deny the remarkable improvement in electricity supply where I live in Lagos

You are blessed bro.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:" May those who love you prosper; Psalm 122 vs 6.

Nigeria is our Jerusalem. This is where we live.

1 Like

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by sarrki(m): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:
God punish Fashola for this lie ....The only reason why you and your DISCO friends reject electricity from GENCOs is because u want to sell darkness ... When Nigeria electricity reaches 4500MWs we all know because we see the difference so Fashola stop lying

A senior wailer

Bro 2days

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by SalamRushdie: 8:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
sarrki:

A senior wailer

Bro 2days

My Boss I hail oo ..I am very sensitive about anything that has to do with electricity because I still haven't experiences any improvement

1 Like

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by sarrki(m): 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

My Boss I hail oo ..I am very sensitive about anything that has to do with electricity because I still haven't experiences any improvement

That's all we all crave for

Relatively its been OK

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Why is Fashola should a... ? 6800 MW and we won't..chai..i'm out of words...

1 Like

Re: "We Now Generate 6800MW But It Is Beyond Discos’ Capacity”, Says Fashola by Dollyak(f): 9:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
The whole situation is a mess. Nigeria needs to adopt a DNO, IDNO, ICP and BNO structure similar to UK.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Releases 57 Achievements Of President Buhari Administration So Far / Buhari, Fashola Move To Otuoke, Bayelsa To Build Roads / National Id Card After Temporary Nimc Id Is Issued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.