Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,121 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. (7201 Views)

What Makes You Think Divided Nigeria Will Be Better Than This One / Prof Sagay Says Corruption Has Greatly Reduced Under Buhari's Government / Olawepo Hashim Vows To Reconcile Divided Nigeria, Fix Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
I received the news on the attack on Charlie Boy with great shock but I was not surprised. Charlie boy through his utterances and passion showed that he loved the nation but his love is misplaced. Nigeria is unsalvageable. The elites will continue to feast on the carcass of Nigeria but will never allow her people to go their separate ways to achieve their God given potentials. I know majority of Igbos (particularly Nnamdi Kanu) would be delighted at what happened and he is right to feel that way. Nigeria is not united and it would never be. People say that poverty is the cause of disunity and that if all Nigerians were fairing better, peace would have been entrenched therein. People go further to cite the example of how the elites get along. I feel that is a lame and pedestrian excuse as it is normal to put all differences aside when money is being shared. The elites don't necessarily love themselves, thwy just have to ignore the ethnic and religious differences when money is being shared.

As for the Hausas, they have once more proved to be the wiser of all tribes as they stood to be counted for Buhari today. If there is any igbo or Yoruba man who doubts the seriousness of the Hausa on the Oct 1st ultimatum, please see what they did to a whole Charlie boy. I and majority of Yorubas voted for Buhari and I can tell you that we all now regret our choices even though we hide it(Yorubas hide things a lot). We were warned but we chose to ignore it.

Even though they say it is not good to wish a fellow human death, one can't just help but wish this man dies so we can all move on as a people. His leadership style and the division it has brought leaves us with no other choice. I will conclude by saying if there is anybody(especially southerners) that thinks Nigeria has hope, I fervently beg you to wake up from your slumber as the country would continue to slide downhill with the elites being further enriched. The country has no soul anymore.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Guestlander: 10:14pm On Aug 15, 2017
What a load of bull crap. Buhari divided Nigeria in what way exactly?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Thewrath(m): 10:16pm On Aug 15, 2017
I and majority of Yorubas voted for Buhari and I can tell you that we all now regret our choices even though we hide it(Yorubas hide things a lot). We were warned but we chose to ignore it.
Typical Yoruba and I too know!
Funny thing is some people even among Yorubas still see restructuring as a threat to their survival,not to talk of splitting the country.

Now because of that singular "oversabi" miscalculation of the Yorubas,the whole of Nigeria has to suffer!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by DickDastardLION(m): 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2017
Naked Truth

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by MalcoImX: 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2017
Charly Boy is lucky not to be thoroughly beaten for that his visit to Wuse. How could you carry your protest to Wuse market when all those traders are diehard Sai Baba supporters. Maybe it's a clash of cultures. Those traders and most of us are praying for the recovery of Buhari and you're disturbing us with your useless protests. When they sighted you at that Wuse, what would come into their mind was you're one of those who'd wished the president death.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by vedaxcool(m): 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
[s]
Alcatraz005:
I received the news on the attack on Charlie Boy with great shock but I was not surprised. Charlie boy through his utterances and passion showed that he loved the nation but his love is misplaced. Nigeria is unsalvageable. The elites will continue to feast on the carcass of Nigeria but will never allow her people to go their separate ways to achieve their objectives. I know majority of Igbos (particularly Nnamdi Kanu) would be delighted at what happened and he is right to feel that way. Nigeria is not united and it would never be. People say that poverty is the cause of disunity and that if all Nigerians were fairing better, peace would have been entrenched therein. People go further to cite the example of how the elites get along. I feel that is a lame and pedestrian excuse as it is normal to put all differences aside when money is being shared. The elites don't necessarily love themselves, thwy just have to ignore the ethnic and religious differences when money is being shared.

As for the Hausas, they have once more proved to be the wiser of all tribes as they stood to be counted for Buhari today. If there is any igbo or Yoruba man who doubts the seriousness of the Hausa on the Oct 1st ultimatum, please see what they did to a whole Charlie boy. I and majority of Yorubas voted for Buhari and I can tell you that we all now regret our choices even though we hide it(Yorubas hide things a lot). We were warned but we chose to ignore it.

Even though they say it is not good to wish a fellow human death, one can't just help but wish this man dies so we can all move on as a people. His leadership style and the division it has brought leaves us with no other choice. I will conclude by saying if there is anybody(especially southerners) that thinks Nigeria has hope, I fervently beg you to wake up from your slumber as the country would continue to slide downhill with the elites being further enriched. The country has no soul anymore.
[/s]

Nairaland giving voice to the scums of the earths since 1990

Alcatraz005:

I resist the hypocrisy of being politically correct about a failed entity like Nigeria. Why should a southerner be politically correct and patriotic while a northerner can kill you for protesting in the Capital? You must be a slave! I swear if you were near me, I would have maimed you this night! Pretty angry at you.
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Should I spoon feed you like a baby? It is also glaring that he's an hateful bigot who can't help himself. Donald Trump, as bigoted as he condemned the Charlottesville killing by a KKK member. When you become the President, you become a statesman who treats all fairly.

I can't explain since you are willfully blind. I have had it with most of you fellow Yorubas who keep playing the ostrich.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by TheKingIsHere: 10:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Buhari divided Nigeria when his first statement as president was to treat the 97% of those who voted for him better than the 5% who didn't vote for him.

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Vedaxcool! I support most of your posts because we come from the same ethnic group but on this issue, I would be very objective. Buhari's government has been an epic fail. As for going down the gutter route with you, I would refrain from doing that tonite. The nation is in a mourning mood.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by TheKingIsHere: 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Yoruba muslim spotted cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by vedaxcool(m): 10:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
[s]
Alcatraz005:

Vedaxcool! I support most of your posts because we come from the same ethnic group but on this issue, I woulf be very objective. Buhari's government has been an epic fail. As for going down the gutter route with you, I would refrain from doing that tonite. The nation is in a mourning mood.
[/s]

You ignorance should never be associated with me, and please only fools and worms beneath notice support a man because they happen to be from the same tribe,. Is it not pathetic that your thinking is already rooted in scums and gutter thinking that puts tribe before truth?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Thewrath(m): 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Buhari divided Nigeria when his first statement as president was to treat the 97% of those who voted for him better than the 5% who didn't vote for him.
Plus they cheered on when their useless Agbero of a king threatened to drown Igbos because of election!

They also cheered the killing of unarmed protesters,this is how the Yorubas contributed to the hate and enemity we have today!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by vedaxcool(m): 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
[s]
TheKingIsHere:

Yoruba muslim spotted cheesy
[/s]

Failure spotted, a failure only knows foolery and averts wisdom like a worm beneath notice!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Guestlander: 10:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Should I spoon feed you like a baby? It is also glaring that he's an hateful bigot who can't help himself. Donald Trump, as bigoted as he condemned the Charlottesville killing by a KKK member. When you become the President, you become a statesman who treats all fairly.

I can't explain since you are willfully blind. I have had it with most of you fellow Yorubas who keep playing the ostrich.

Can you feed your silly self? What have you done as a citizen to foster peace and unity between your fellow citizens? Most of you come online to heap insults at each other's tribes on a daily basis for absolutely no reason at all and you are accusing someone of being a bigot!
You cannot go a day without seeing Buhari's obituary on the social media and that started even before he became president and you are talking of bigotry. Have you cured yourself of your own bigotry?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

You ignorance should never be associated with me, and please only fools and worms beneath notice support a man because they happen to be from the same tribe,. Is it not pathetic that your thinking is already rooted in scums and gutter thinking that puts tribe before truth?

Stop with the insults would you? Rise above pettiness for once. I know why you have a cult like love for Buhari inspite of his many faults but I won't go there as that would destroy the objectivity of my point. Continue denying the obvious.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by TheKingIsHere: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I received the news on the attack on Charlie Boy with great shock but I was not surprised. Charlie boy through his utterances and passion showed that he loved the nation but his love is misplaced. Nigeria is unsalvageable. The elites will continue to feast on the carcass of Nigeria but will never allow her people to go their separate ways to achieve their God given potentials. I know majority of Igbos (particularly Nnamdi Kanu) would be delighted at what happened and he is right to feel that way. Nigeria is not united and it would never be. People say that poverty is the cause of disunity and that if all Nigerians were fairing better, peace would have been entrenched therein. People go further to cite the example of how the elites get along. I feel that is a lame and pedestrian excuse as it is normal to put all differences aside when money is being shared. The elites don't necessarily love themselves, thwy just have to ignore the ethnic and religious differences when money is being shared.

You have said the truth but your yoruba muslim brothers will soon attack you and ensure this thread is deleted. You sef know na.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Can you feed your silly self? What have you done as citizen to foster peace and unity between your fellow citizens? Most of you come online to heap insults at each other's tribes on a daily basis for absolutely no reason at all and you are accusing someone of being a bigot!
You cannot go a day without seeing Buhari's obituary on the social media and that started even before he became president and you are talking of bigotry. Have you cured yourself of your own bigotry?

By the grace of God, I can feed myself. On the issue of my contribution to Natipnal unity, I would admit I have not been too loving of my fellow Nigerians but I am just a citizen and you can't compare me with Buhari who is suppose to be a father figure to all Nigerians. His tenure has less than 2 years left and his legacy would forever be there for all to see. Posterity would never forgive him.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by vedaxcool(m): 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Can you feed your silly self? What have you done as citizen to foster peace and unity between your fellow citizens? Most of you come online to heap insults at each other's tribes on a daily basis for absolutely no reason at all and you are accusing someone of being a bigot!

He hasn't obviously as he clearly support people based on their tribe! What a shame every foul mouthed individual whose bigotry started from the craddle now blames Buhari but overlook the sick fact that they are perpetuating such evil of division, we cannot blame them though when even a PHd holder comes out and says Nigeria is now unsafe for Christians ... playing divisive politics is all they know!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Guestlander: 10:37pm On Aug 15, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

His first statement after he became president? That is not true. Why is the statement so divisive? Buhari is a politician, if you don't like him or his policies don't vote for him, how does that create a division between you and your fellow citizens?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Thewrath(m): 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
Slave mentality and fear are the reasons Yoruba Muslims don't want to admit the obvious,despite glaring mistakes!

11 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by vedaxcool(m): 10:43pm On Aug 15, 2017
[s]
Alcatraz005:

Stop with the insults would you? Rise above pettiness for once. I know why you have a cult like love for Buhari inspite of his many faults but I won't go there as that would destroy the objectivity of my point. Continue denying the obvious.
[/s]

The obvious being you are a tribalistic individual who support people not because they stand for the truth but because they are your tribe and you still claim Buhari brought division? Did Buhari make you support me because you thought we are the same Tribe? You cannot give what you don't have, you cannot accuse others of division when your intellect works on tribalism!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Guestlander: 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

By the grace of God, I can feed myself. On the issue of my contribution to Natipnal unity, I would admit I have not been too loving of my fellow Nigerians but I am just a citizen and you can't compare me with Buhari who is suppose to be a father figure to all Nigerians. His tenure has less than 2 years left and his legacy would forever be there for all to see. Posterity would never forgive him.

Buhari is a citizen just like you and I my brother. He has only one vote just like you and I and I don't consider him my father figure. He is my employee as far as his position as president is concerned. If in the next election I don't consider him or his party worthy of my vote I will give it to someone else, period. But the accusation that he divided Nigerians is just not true.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
vedaxcool:

He hasn't obviously as he clearly support people based on their tribe! What a shame every foul mouthed individual whose bigotry started from the craddle now blames Buhari but overlook the sick fact that they are perpetuating such evil of division, we cannot blame them though when even a PHd holder comes out and says Nigeria is now unsafe for Christians ... playing divisive politics is all they know!

I am a Yoruba man and a Christian for that matter who never liked Jonathan for his corruption. Buhari however came on the groundswell of goodwill and support going by what he met on ground but he has failed woefully. He has divided his citizens on the basis of ethnicity and religion. Under him, thousands of Christians were killed and we didn't say anything due to party affiliations (Card carrying member of APC) but this is getting too much. What justifies the attack on CB in Abuja? Is the right to peaceful assembly not guaranteed in our constitution? Have we faired better economically under him? As for your allusions or innuendoes that I am part of the igbos who from inception hated Buhari, I state that it is not surprising as I have been baptized with that since Saturday and I am used to it. Nigeria won't be a police state. Not now, not ever. We all have a right to constructive criticism of a government wombling and fumbling. You think we have not seen how they have silenced pastor Yemi? What have you as a Yoruba man said about that? Enu e le wa yen, ato ye yin!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Buhari is a citizen just like you and I my brother. He has only one vote just like you and I and I don't consider him my father figure. He is my employee as far as his position as president is concerned. If in the next election I don't consider him or his part worthy of my vote I will give it to someone else, period. But the accusation that he divided Nigerians is just not true.

The next elections? Well, let me keep my thoughts to myself about that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Buhari is a citizen just like you and I my brother. He has only one vote just like you and I and I don't consider him my father figure. He is my employee as far as his position as president is concerned. If in the next election I don't consider him or his part worthy of my vote I will give it to someone else, period. But the accusation that he divided Nigerians is just not true.

The next elections? Well, let me keep my thoughts to myself about that. Let us just pray we still have a country by then.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by vedaxcool(m): 10:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

[s]I am a Yoruba man and a Christian for that matter who never liked Jonathan for his corruption. Buhari however came on the groundswell of goodwill and support going by what he met on ground but he has failed woefully. He has divided his citizens on the basis of ethnicity and religion. Under him, thousands of Christians were killed and we didn't say anything due to party affiliations (Card carrying member of APC) but this is getting too much. What justifies the attack on CB in Abuja? Is the right to peaceful assembly not guaranteed in our constitution? Have we faired better economically under him? As for your allusions or innuendoes that I am part of the igbos who from inception hated Buhari, I state that it is not surprising as I have been baptized with that since Saturday and I am used to it. Nigeria won't be a police state. Not now, not ever. We all have a right to constructive criticism of a government wombling and fumbling. You think we have not seen how they have silenced pastor Yemi? What have you as a Yoruba man said about that? Enu e le wa yen, ato ye yin![/s]

This post is directed at you,

vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

The obvious being you are a tribalistic individual who support people not because they stand for the truth but because they are your tribe and you still claim Buhari brought division? Did Buhari make you support me because you thought we are the same Tribe? You cannot give what you don't have, you cannot accuse others of division when your intellect works on tribalism!

Have you noticed how your supporters on this thread are making tribalistic comments and still because you are here grandstanding you are pretending you do not see what they write. FYI I am not even Yoruba, so sad you were supporting me all this while because you thought i was your fellow Yoruba!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Cooly100: 10:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
Guestlander:

I think you are new in the country...but even if your were in JUPITER, you should be able to get news from the EARTH...

Buhari took, tribalism, nepotism, sectionalism and religous fundementalism which divided the coutry to a different height...It is a shame you didn't know this...

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Guestlander: 10:52pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I am a Yoruba man and a Christian for that matter who never liked Jonathan for his corruption. Buhari however came on the groundswell of goodwill and support going by what he met on ground but he has failed woefully. He has divided his citizens on the basis of ethnicity and religion. Under him, thousands of Christians were killed and we didn't say anything due to party affiliations (Card carrying member of APC) but this is getting too much. What justifies the attack on CB in Abuja? Is the right to peaceful assembly not guaranteed in our constitution? Have we faired better economically under him? As for your allusions or innuendoes that I am part of the igbos who from inception hated Buhari, I state that it is not surprising as I have been baptized with that since Saturday and I am used to it. Nigeria won't be a police state. Not now, not ever. We all have a right to constructive criticism of a government wombling and fumbling. You think we have not seen how they have silenced pastor Yemi? What have you as a Yoruba man said about that? Enu e le wa yen, ato ye yin!

Buhari is presently undergoing treatment abroad and the the in charge of the government is your fellow Yoruba man, why are you not blaming Osinbajo for what recently happened but rather someone who is thousands of miles away from Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Thewrath(m): 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Tell them my Yoruba Christian!
When you hear a Yoruba christain speak,you will not......not those product of awolowo free education

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Guestlander: 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
Cooly100:

I think you are new in the country...but even if your were in JUPITER, you should be able to get news from the EARTH...

Buhari took, tribalism, nepotism, sectionalism and religous fundementalism which divided the coutry to a different height...It is a shame you didn't know this...

Nonsense, all the crap written about him during the elections are still fresh in my mind. I'm not even a big fan of Buhari but what is fair is fair.
Fayose went as far as wishing him dead, imagine what the outrage will be if a northern governor took a full page advert to wish a southern presidential candidate dead.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2017
Guestlander:

Buhari is presently undergoing treatment abroad and the the in charge of the government is your fellow Yoruba man, why are you not blaming Osinbajo for what recently happened but rather someone who is thousands of miles away from Nigeria?

Osinbajo is a push over who can't even speak up for himself not to talk of fellow citizens. If I start talking about his weakness, we won't leave here. He has not only failed Christians, he has failed RCCG, Ogun State (My dear state as we ain't no pushovers), he has also failed the South. I do not reckon with him as he is a pastor who may not be inclined to play real politics. I rather not discuss him,please.
Re: Buhari Has Greatly Divided Nigeria. by tossie101(f): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2017
Alcatraz God bless u.
It only takes a greate man to accept his mistakes.. now i undertand what they say about yoruba christians and yoruba muslims.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Seen In The Hospital After Being Stabbed In The Neck At APC Campaign R / Dickson appoints 60 new aides — five weeks to guber poll / People Aren't Smart Enough For Democracy To Flourish, Scientists Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.