Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Conscience Without God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conscience Without God (610 Views)

Can You Be Good Without GOD?? / Can man live without God? Why do people who reject God seem to live happy lives / Paula White: Without Walls Or Without God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conscience Without God by sinequanon: 12:56pm On Feb 16, 2010
I quote Akwasi from the Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? thread.

Imagine this scenario whereby everyone believes there is no God. People will do things without their conscience again.

I have heard many "God followers" say similar things. Why do they believe this?

As I understand it, they seem to be saying that either. . .

1. It is only by believing in god that one can develop conscience. So, I would like examples of the consciencious things that followers of god do, that non-believers cannot, and do not, do.

or. . .

2. These particular followers of god are not driven by conscience at all, but some form of coercion, like fear, masquerading as conscience.
Re: Conscience Without God by g1(m): 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2010
sinequanon:

I quote Akwasi from the Do We Have To Tolerate Athiest? thread.

I have heard many "God followers" say similar things. Why do they believe this?

As I understand it, they seem to be saying that either. . .

1. It is only by believing in god that one can develop conscience. So, I would like examples of the consciencious things that followers of god do, that non-believers cannot, and do not, do.

or. . .

2. These particular followers of god are not driven by conscience at all, but some form of coercion, like fear, masquerading as conscience.

i hear beleivers ask me that too alot of the time!!!, they are indirectly saying that the only reason that they havent picked up a gun and blasted the people around them is because they believe thay have a celestial 24 hour CCTV camera on them (god), thats a load of rubbish, if only atheist are immoral then how come we find people from all different faiths and backgrounds in prison?,
in nigeria we have a church and mosque on every street but are we the most moral people on the planet? undecided
i live my life by the golden rule: which says do unto others as you have others do to you, this rule has been around before judaism,christianity and islam,

with or without god you have good people doing good stuff and bad people doing bad stuff
i am an atheist i still give charity to the needy, you dont have to believe there is a god looking down at you giving you heaven points for helping someone before you give charity!!, its a natural human instinct to feel for one who needs help and provide them with that help, even animals help one another, i was watching a documentary when a group of elephants came to the aid of a baby elephant just as two lionesses were begining to make their approach on the baby
Re: Conscience Without God by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2014
That's true

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Paradise And Heaven? / Esoteric Buddhism/Hinduism Yogi Thread / God And Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.