Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God (1110 Views)

Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / Five Fact That Shows Jesus Is God. And Most Superior And Influential / German Scientists Prove There Is Life After Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by GodsMopol: 7:56am On Aug 16, 2017
Submit your facts and argument.

My personal submission, the universe is so beautiful a place that all those religions had to believe in one deity.

If you ask me which religion, I would say, I don't know
Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by menxer: 8:35am On Aug 16, 2017
GodsMopol:

My personal submission, the universe is so beautiful a place that all those religions had to believe in one deity.

Meaning those are 4000 perpectives people use to define, know and relate with the reality manifesting the illusion they see as life or universe.

The problem is, people are forced to accept one or the other of these 4000 perspectives as presented, but before anything can truly be yours it must be synthesized in your mind.

And anything synthesized is always different from the starting material.
Using the Christian material, for instance, your mind synthesizes your own perspective, but the problem is you are told not to allow that to happen, you must accept and fit into the general perspective as presented, which is the cause of all the inter/intra religious friction and crisis at the personal level and societal level.

The Universe or better put the Omniverse cannot be captured and completely covered in 4000 perspectives, because going by that number we have 4000 perspectives of permutatations and combinations to work with, generating more perspective permutatations as we synthesize, which is why science tells us the Universe is ever expanding but christianity wants us to belief nothing has changed, that It remains "the same yesterday, today, and forever."

This contradicts the words of Paul the Apostle that says, "be ye transformed by the renewal of your mind," which supports the ever "expanding" Universe as posited by science. Anything that is transformed aka synthesized cannot remain the same. Showing that the universal mind is always transforming, from the days of "an eye for an eye" to the days of "turning the other cheeck" to the days of a "global village."

1 Like

Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by sonmvayina(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2017
There is only one God.....that has been given different names in different cultures..I am igbo from delta state, you don't expert me to call God using a yoruba word....each culture have the name of this God....
That is to say Eledumare =chukwu=osanobua=osalobua=marduk=jupiter=abassi=

Same God different nomenclature...also different culture has developed different stories which are usually in the form of parables in other to pass messages from this God to man..this stories or parables all have one message "love for one another "...and how we relate with reality not the supernatural..
We have given roots and herbs as medicine and food for our body..any body praying for a miracle cure for malaria is a fool and wasting his time..

It is the stories that are different, that is the parables, but the message is the same like I said..since I am not yoruba it will be difficult for me to understand yoruba parable, I am not Jewish, I don't know what a talking snake symbolises or a talking donkey, or 700 wives, or 300 concubines...no body on this forum knows....because it is not our story..

Let us quit wasting time and energy on other peoples stories and focus on ours..if there was anything in the Bible that is going to make us better, the white man will not give it to us..they did it to keep us busy and confused, so they can steal our land and resources....be educate.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2017
Either everyone is right or no one is right. Personally just proves that humans rely on religion to explain things they don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by Niflheim(m): 10:22am On Aug 23, 2017
@op,

1.Did lots of these religions come about in the cave man era when people believed that islands are created by "flying vaginas"?

2.Did so many other illiterate legends come out during these periods, like "eclipse is caused by a wolf eating the sun"?

3.When a woman wants to get pregnant in ancient Rome, was the recommendation not that she should sit on top of "stone penis"? They would mould a stone statue of the God Priapus, with an erect dick, and tell the woman to sit on it!!! Why do you think that modern day Romans have abolished this practice?

4.When a King in Greece loses a sea battle, does he not tell his soldiers to bring out their whips and flog the water(so-called sea god) with 300 strokes of the cane? Which modern day ship captan/navigator have you ever seen practicing such "mega-stupidity"?

CONCLUSION: Just as the "flying vaginas" have been proven to be a myth, so also the gods of all religions have been proven to be myths!!!

1 Like

Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by superhumanist(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2017
GodsMopol:

I would say that there is a god but none of the religions understand him. I would say that god does not need religion or books to communicate with us.
Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hmmmmm....

Though there are more compelling arguments for the existence of God, I just don't think the fact that we have numerous religions proves that he exists.

It may, however, show man's longing to have a relationship, of whatever form, with something or someone they perceive to be greater than themselves.

It may also show man's desire to live or be remembered forever, as the hope of an after life could just mean a fulfilment of that desire.
Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by prinzfavian(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2017
The fact that there is religion at all even if it's one goes on to prove that there is God... No matter how much knowledge a man can gain, he will still get to that point where he ask about his origin... We are naturally not created to live independently of God and hence the many diverse religions we find today. Well all of them cannot be right or the true religion since they differ in beliefs and doctrines, never... It's either just one is or none is.... But really, it takes a humble, hungry and honest heart to find the one and only true religion.
Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by prinzfavian(m): 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2017
darknez:
Hmmmmm....

Though there are more compelling arguments for the existence of God, I just don't think the fact that we have numerous religions proves that he exists.

It may, however, show man's longing to have a relationship, of whatever form, with something or someone they perceive to be greater than themselves.

It may also show man's desire to live or be remembered forever, as the hope of an after life could just mean a fulfilment of that desire.
Why the desire or longing in the first place if it wasn't put there by someone.
You naturally won't long for food if you weren't designed to survive by food, nor long for sleep if it wasn't there in the first place...
So if humans long for or desire for a higher force than themselves, then such higher force must exist.
Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by prinzfavian(m): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2017
superhumanist:

I would say that there is a god but none of the religions understand him. I would say that god does not need religion or books to communicate with us.
How then does he communicate with humans?
Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2017
prinzfavian:

Why the desire or longing in the first place if it wasn't put there by someone.
You naturally won't long for food if you weren't designed to survive by food, nor long for sleep if it wasn't there in the first place...
So if humans long for or desire for a higher force than themselves, then such higher force must exist.

The argument from design is another strong one but the focus here is the multiplicity of religion.
Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by prinzfavian(m): 6:35am On Aug 24, 2017
darknez:

The argument from design is another strong one but the focus here is the multiplicity of religion.
Yes I know, I just wanted to show that it's was humans natural desire and longing for God that has brought about the diversity in the search for him.... But I also believe that the diversity in the religions of the world is propagated by someone, an higher force than human but much lesser than God. It seems he is really trying to hide the truth about God from humans... On the other hand, why God is silent about revealing himself plainly and the right way to know him is another discussion for another day.
Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 24, 2017
prinzfavian:

Yes I know, I just wanted to show that it's was humans natural desire and longing for God that has brought about the diversity in the search for him.... But I also believe that the diversity in the religions of the world is propagated by someone, an higher force than human but much lesser than God. It seems he is really trying to hide the truth about God from humans... On the other hand, why God is silent about revealing himself plainly and the right way to know him is another discussion for another day.

If I don't know any better, I'd swear you are trying to describe the devil up there. Lol.

What makes you believe that the God you speak of is yet to reveal itself?

I noticed you ascribe masculinity to this God. If it is yet to reveal itself as you said, why call it a 'him'?
Re: Does The Fact That There Are 4000 Religion In The World Prove There Might Be God by prinzfavian(m): 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2017
darknez:

If I don't know any better, I'd swear you are trying to describe the devil up there. Lol.

Yea, I was describing the devil. He has succeeded in hiding the right way to know God from many people, just as he has convinced many that he himself doesn't exist.

What makes you believe that the God you speak of is yet to reveal itself? [/quote]
Of course he has revealed himself, nature and our surroundings gives outstanding proofs of his existence but what I was trying to say is that, he hasn't revealed himself to people yet in terms of his power...

I noticed you ascribe masculinity to this God. If it is yet to reveal itself as you said, why call it a 'him'?[/quote]
May be I used the wrong word in saying he hasn't revealed himself... But what I was saying is that it's the devil that's behind most people not grasping the truth that God surely exists.... He has hidden from them the true way to know him.

Well, You're right saying God has revealed himself, but is it everyone that believes he exist? So why has some gotten hold of him while some hasn't? Why are some convinced of his existence while some are bent on using their life to prove that there is no creator some where.... It only has to be the work of his adversary the devil.... Don't get me wrong, Satan can't hide God from people he has only succeeded in hiding the the right way to know God from people... Just has he has convinced most people that he himself doesn't exist either.

(1) (Reply)

Do We Really Exist? Is Everything Illusion? / We Want An Oath To Jesus As God, For All Commentary On Christianity / The Dangers Of An Unrenewed Mind. Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.