Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,920 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

MEMORIES: Let Go And Let God - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / MEMORIES: Let Go And Let God (315 Views)

What Are Your Worst & Best Unforgettable Memories Of 2018? / Share Those Funny Memories That Make You Laugh Till Date / 10 Habits The Average Nigerian Should Let Go Of! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MEMORIES: Let Go And Let God by Mescopaul(m): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2017
MEMORIES (Let Go & Let God)

Ignatius M.D - Mescopaul

Life is all about memories.
The events, the happy moments, the sad moments and the teary moments soon become memories as time silently ticks away.

In the cause of perusing into my pasts, I smile as I remember some hilarious, painful and sad memories.

I'm not as one of those persons that attended the same school from primary to secondary.

In fact I won't be exaggerating if I say I've attended so many schools, that I've lost count: Government, private, army, good, bad, all of them..lol.

A notable secondary school I attended is at the far east of Anambra State.

I still remember how fights and bullies were the order of the day. The inception of a new set of school prefects was often greeted with strong resentment from their immediate juniors and this evoked 'staged wars'.

I was enjoying my sleep one afternoon when the bang on the desks woke me up.

"Haa - !"
They were at it again.
A terrible fight was already in full swing.
Being the gentle, quiet type (to which I really did suffer so many ridicules) I managed to leave the class and made for a safe haven as lockers and chairs flew high in the air, smashing their recipients with such a great fury that made me shudder.

I remember these things today, and I smile. Most of those fighting boys today are now big boys, some are even out of the country, living big and doing fine.

How quickly time flies.

There was this particular boy in my class that was always fund of bullying me back then, he harassed me as often as willed. Being a very quiet fellow, I always avoided his paths. He seem to know this, so he constantly watched out for me, what I did to him still remains a mystery to me.

He would pull me by the collar as he yelled into my face, while I recoiled in fear.

Everyone in class knew that I never fought, so they termed me a weakling, I was called all sorts of names in Igbo.
Whether that was true I never knew, but I knew I never just had the power to fight, I had power for every other thing but fight.

So I mistakenly stepped on the toes of one of the girls in my class and before I knew it a resounding slap landed on one of my eyes. I practically saw stars, my vision was blurred for some minutes, next my eyes shone red.

Being the little, frightened teenage boy who I was, I just starred tearingly at her. Her towering figure reminded me that if I should dare anything, my own was finished.

I managed to get to my seat as sympathizers poured all around.
I remember these things with a faint smile.

I hold no grudges against these people that terrorised my life in school days, but the part they played in my life I'll never forget.

Look into your past.
What memories do you see?
How good a memory have you been to people?
When people remember you, do they feel pain?

For those that have had a catalogue of hurtful memories from their past I bring you this word from my heart:

LET GO AND LET GOD

Thanks for reading.
Mescopaul

I don't know if this is in the right section.. mods you can move this to the appropriate section. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Naps Kicks Against Ngo Bill / Technical I.T Training Facilitators Needed / What Is Financial PR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.