Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:48 PM

I Wonder What Hope Is Left For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Wonder What Hope Is Left For Nigeria (600 Views)

Aisha Yesufu: I Wonder How Buhari Became A General Considering Insecurity / The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki / "President Buhari's First Photo In 68 Days Since He Left For UK" - Shehu Ashaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wonder What Hope Is Left For Nigeria by Phonefanatic: 11:41am On Aug 16, 2017
Do you have hope in Nigeria?

I use to say "Yes" but just like me, anyone else answering yes to that question is in a state called "Self Deceit".

The politicians know there's no hope for the common man and Nigeria itself can't be fixed without proper overhauling of the structure of the country starting with it's loophole constitution.

Now think of this, your number 1 citizen past and present runs out of the country for medical attention once they are ill......... You should have hope?

The politicians who milk the masses dry sends their children abroad to school and turn back to tell you they are building schools.........yet you still have hope?

These politicians have massive sound proof generators and solar power systems installed then tell you electricity has improved........ Yet you still believe and have hope?

They tell you we generate trillions and recover trillions yet masses are dying of starvation...... Yet again you believe and you are hopeful.

They tell you they have constructed roads yet they fly even at the shortest distance........ Yet you are hopeful?

They tell you they have invested heavily on security and you can go about your daily business without fear yet they go about with heavy security and bulletproof cars....... You are still hopeful?

They embezzle billions and when caught the case will be swept under the carpet without persecutions or in worst case they are given newspaper amnesty in return of looted state funds but then they are quick you persecute the poor man............still hopeful?

Any bill that will bring drastic change to favour the masses are easily turned down by your lawmakers because they don't want to see you breathe............ Are you still hopeful at this point?

Fela's songs of the 60's still sounds like it was made today yet you are still hopeful.

The same promissory headlines you see on 1960's newspaper about electricity improvement is what you see today and we are still hopeful.

In my opinion there's a limit to cowardice and if this generation decides to remain like this then we will as well pass our cowardice to the next generation. I wish the poor masses can speak in one voice, I wish we can realize the power we have as masses, I wish we can call a spade what it is, I wish Yoruba, Huasa and Igbos can come together as one, stripe off ethnicity then speak in one voice against our sufferings.

In case you don't know, the masses are in huge captivity and the politicians will always have their way as long as they keep reinventing divide and conquer rule..........in my candid opinion we are in a loop and the only inevitable way is restructuring the country or dividing it country. Don't be fooled by unity messages because there are times letting go will do you more good than harm.
Re: I Wonder What Hope Is Left For Nigeria by 2horsePOWER(m): 11:49am On Aug 16, 2017
cry

Re: I Wonder What Hope Is Left For Nigeria by mikolo80: 4:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
Phonefanatic:
Do you have hope in Nigeria?

Hope de

I use to say "Yes" but just like me, anyone else answering yes to that question is in a state called "Self Deceit".

The night is darkest before dawn

The politicians know there's no hope for the common man and Nigeria itself can't be fixed without proper overhauling of the structure of the country starting with it's loophole constitution.
That is their level of education and patriotism
They can't give what they don't have

Now think of this, your number 1 citizen past and present runs out of the country for medical attention once they are ill......... You should have hope?
So
Lots of Americans run to India or Cuba for Heath reasons

The politicians who milk the masses dry sends their children abroad to school and turn back to tell you they are building schools.........yet you still have hope?
Is it not nappers that voted them based on irrelevancies like tribe and religion

These politicians have massive sound proof generators and solar power systems installed then tell you electricity has improved........ Yet you still believe and have hope?
Same as above

They tell you we generate trillions and recover trillions yet masses are dying of starvation...... Yet again you believe and you are hopeful.
Masses defend the looters

They tell you they have constructed roads yet they fly even at the shortest distance........ Yet you are hopeful?
No be una gree for dem

They tell you they have invested heavily on security and you can go about your daily business without fear yet they go about with heavy security and bulletproof cars....... You are still hopeful?

They embezzle billions and when caught the case will be swept under the carpet without persecutions or in worst case they are given newspaper amnesty in return of looted state funds but then they are quick you persecute the poor man............still hopeful?

Any bill that will bring drastic change to favour the masses are easily turned down by your lawmakers because they don't want to see you breathe............ Are you still hopeful at this point?

Fela's songs of the 60's still sounds like it was made today yet you are still hopeful.

The same promissory headlines you see on 1960's newspaper about electricity improvement is what you see today and we are still hopeful.

In my opinion there's a limit to cowardice and if this generation decides to remain like this then we will as well pass our cowardice to the next generation.
Toh you don talk am finish

I wish the poor masses can speak in one voice, I wish we can realize the power we have as masses, I wish we can call a spade what it is, I wish Yoruba, Huasa and Igbos can come together as one, stripe off ethnicity then speak in one voice against our sufferings.
Stop dreaming unless we get another Abiola

In case you don't know, the masses are in huge captivity and the politicians will always have their way as long as they keep reinventing divide and conquer rule..........in my candid opinion we are in a loop and the only inevitable way is restructuring the country or dividing it country. Don't be fooled by unity messages because there are times letting go will do you more good than harm.

We know and na we wan de go captivity and loop.

[quote] Uothers

[quote] l
Re: I Wonder What Hope Is Left For Nigeria by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2017
There aint no hope whatsoever. The country is on the verge of something major. We must not allow the elite get away with what they did to our country. All air and land borders should be closely watched to forestall their escape from the impending hostilities.
Re: I Wonder What Hope Is Left For Nigeria by Phonefanatic: 6:32am On Aug 17, 2017
Alcatraz005:
There aint no hope whatsoever. The country is on the verge of something major. We must not allow the elite get away with what they did to our country. All air and land borders should be closely watched to forestall their escape from the impending hostilities.

It just baffles me how long we've been in captivity yet many in the name of partisanship will oppose the glaring reality or would I say the politicians are smart enough to apply divide and conquer rule due to our ethnic differences?

The truth is most people are now seeing the suffering as default mode or as norms. The moment one steps out of this country you can easily spot the difference, less pressure and less environmental hostilities......there's a massive call for wake up for those still sleeping or playing partisanship. Politicians are all one and the same with one point agenda which is "Milk the common wealth".
Re: I Wonder What Hope Is Left For Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 6:37am On Aug 17, 2017
We need a revolution.

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Decamp To PDP — Kwankwaso / Wike Is A Disgrace To Rivers State And Nigeria / Biafra National Guard Declares War Against Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.