Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki (31753 Views)

Edo Election Update: 'words Fail Me', Obaseki Speaks As INEC Declares Him Winner / How God Show Me Obaseki Winning On 26 July. / Ize-iyamu Can’t Defeat Me - Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Correctgist(f): 6:53am On Aug 14, 2018
The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has denied reports that he said huge debts left behind by the immediate-past administration of Adams Oshiomhole was hindering the work of his administration.

Obaseki said that the reports were false and fabricated, as none of the media houses that reported the story over the weekend could provide any proof, either by voice recording or signed statement, to show that he made the comment.

According to him, those behind the story were only out to deceive Edo people and achieve a predetermined end.

He said, “The report is the figment of the imagination of the individuals who published it. The publication goes a long way to show how much the noble journalism profession has been invaded by people who do not have any training what so ever to do the job.

“The Edo State Government under the leadership of Obaseki is not hindered by debt obligations. All our projects are being undertaken as planned and the terms of our facilities from the World Bank and the Federal Government are liberal with repayment period of over 20 years.

“As chairman of the Economic Team, under former governor Adams Oshiomhole, Obaseki negotiated most of these concessionary loans from International Development Agencies (IDAs).

“Thankfully, we have roads and other infrastructure to show for these facilities across the state today.

“The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that ruled the state for close to a decade ran the state aground as Edo infrastructural facilities were in a state of decay as at the time Oshiomhole-led interventionist administration took over power.

“Edo roads were called ‘Lucky Stones’, a metaphor for the shoddy road patchwork done by the then PDP administration, using oversize stones. Some roads were ‘constructed’ on paper, but were not constructed in real life.”

From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/the-truth-about-huge-debts-oshiomhole-left-for-me-obaseki-2/

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by BadiratT: 6:54am On Aug 14, 2018
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Albinoflash(m): 7:05am On Aug 14, 2018
Osho baba,the debtor

26 Likes

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2018
What the figures say is totally different from what you are insinuating..

Its not your personal money that was squandered and misappropriated, the tax payers deserve to know the truth.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by aolawale025: 7:12am On Aug 14, 2018
Oshio must have reached out to him

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Racoon(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2018
Huge indebtment is the hallmark of all states esp.those being administered by the APC. undecided

29 Likes

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by jay2pee(m): 7:19am On Aug 14, 2018
Denial all the time.... Na their way shaa... Why will I be surprised?

13 Likes

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by bjayx: 7:24am On Aug 14, 2018
Oshiomole really sucked the hell out of that state

16 Likes

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by StillX10(m): 7:28am On Aug 14, 2018
And Oshiomole has joint the crusade against corruption

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by dedons: 7:33am On Aug 14, 2018
APC and Corruption

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by NextGovernor(m): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2018
Still mentioning PDP that ruled Edo 11years ago.

He can't openly say it now. But everybody knows thats the situation on ground. Oshiomole destroyed the state with a huge debt that can't be paid in decades.

We all know the governor isn't happy but becos he can't do jack so he pretends all is well.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Nbote(m): 8:36am On Aug 14, 2018
And as usual dey'll find a way to blame PDP ...Is d state owing or not? All he did was mention wat dey did during d last administration and not his administration. We know he's jus figurehead there, Oshobaba is still in charge

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by megareal: 8:38am On Aug 14, 2018
He is afraid of being given the Dino treatment.

Continue to lie, soon na you go still shout...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by loverboys: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2018
Nigerian Governors and leaving of liabilities. they are 5 and 6.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:34am On Aug 14, 2018
Hmmm...
Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by KendrickAyomide: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2018
i missMy City Benin. Can't wait to Gerrawt of this village Called Auchi. 45 days to Graduation. e no easy

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
La mouth
La leak
La need
La deny grin

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Standardcosting(m): 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
K
Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by 3millionia: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
My love for Oshiomhole sha
Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by 13october: 1:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
Racoon:
Huge indebtment is the hallmark of all states esp.those being administered by the APC. undecided
Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by durableking: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
no be only una this one apen to oooo
Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
hmmmm
Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Nairalandmentor(m): 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
grin
Re: The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me – Obaseki by Lexusgs430: 1:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
I never expected obaseki to agree.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Charlyboy: Buhari Will Look Like A Saint If Tinubu Or Atiku Becomes President / 2015-Eligibility: Tension Over Jonathan's Fate As Supreme Court Decides In 48Hrs / Nwokocha-Ahaaiwe Withdraws Suit Seeking Buhari’s Disqualification On Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.