Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Pdp Want Atiku Back? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Want Atiku Back? (1129 Views)

We Want Atiku, Kano Gov,others Back —PDP / PDP Want INEC To Disqualify Buhari:- / Gays Want Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Want Atiku Back? by mowapa(m): 7:46am On Feb 11, 2007
PDP Woos Back Atiku, Ogbeh, Others
In a move that could be considered strange, but perhaps calculated to ensure that it goes into the general elections in April with little opposition, the Peoples Democratic Party at the weekend, began the process of ensuring return of its estranged members.

The National Secretary of the party, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, stated the new position of the party at a press conference in Abuja, just as the party's National Chairman, Senator Ahmadu Ali, explained reason behind the rejection of some gubernatorial candidates, who emerged from the party's primaries.

Reading from a prepared text, titled: "As our Doors Remain Open", Maduekwe pleaded with aggrieved members of the party to return, noting that whatever happened that led to their exit was a necessary sacrifice and should be put behind.

The PDP move, however, comes same day its staunch opposition, the Action Congress (AC) accused its (PDP) leader, President Obasanjo, of scheming to perpetuate himself in power.

In its submission to the ECOWAS fact-finding mission to Nigeria on the 2007 elections, the AC said against the wishes of well meaning Nigerians and the National Assembly, billions of Naira were appropriated for the procurement of electronic voters registration machine.

The party added that the scarcity of the machines from the onset was artificially being manipulated by the PDP in collusion with the INEC to ensure rigging of the forthcoming elections.

Pleading with the decampees, including vice president Atiku Abubakar, former national chairman of the party, Chief Audu Ogbeh, among others, to return to the party, the national secretary said the answer to their grievances should not be in the opposition.

[url]http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article01

What a joke and fools our politician take us for, First Atiku was not good enough to run and now PDP want him back?Who the heck do we now believe Knowing nothing happen in that party without OBJ consent undecided
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by GNature(m): 7:49am On Feb 11, 2007
hehe, this is crazy if true.

So, after all that has transpired, the PDP actually believes it is possible to lure Atiku back to their party.

This is another definition of madness
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by saintchux(m): 8:32am On Feb 11, 2007
If PDP want Atiku back, then this goes to prove that all the allegation against Atiku is just to stop him from contesting the April election.

If Atiku is as corrupt as PDP claims why do they want him back?
If Atiku is of no relevance to PDP why do they want him back?
Do PDP want alliance of corruption in their midst?
Why are they deceiving us?

This still prompt me to ask my question " Who is Atiku Abubakar and why is OBJ after him?"
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by GNature(m): 8:55am On Feb 11, 2007
saintchux:

This still prompt me to ask my question " Who is Atiku Abubakar and why is OBJ after him?"

@saintchux

It is just an ego thing, period.

Obasanjo believes that in 1999, Atiku was not popular enough to be president. He didn't have the clout, credibility etc.  OBJ believes that he made him a popular political figure in Nigeria (as a whole) as a result of choosing him to be his vice president.

Now that he is well known, he feels he can sideline OBJ and become president with or without his consent. And OBJ wants to prove him wrong at all cost.

Think of it this way: OBJ IS LETTING ATIKU KNOW THAT I CAN MAKE OR BREAK YOU !

That's it in a nutshell. Ego !
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by IykeD1(m): 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2007
I believe the message was more for Atiku supporters and AC leadership than for Atiku himself - he is damaged goods.
Do or die as the president himself has said, there is no way Obasanjo will let Atiku become president even if re-joins
PDP and confesses before the pope. Atiku's past utterances can not go unpunished and Obasanjo is the last person
you want to cross. Truth be told, if I was in Obasanjo's shoes, I will do anything to scuttle the ambitions of a disloyal
and a disrespectful deputy, most people on earth will do the same.
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by Mamajama(m): 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2007
people just because they said their doors are opened dont mean they say ATIKU we want you back
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by McKren(m): 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2007
People dont seem to understand that Atiku and members of Turaki vanguard are capable of posting stuffs themselves on Newspaper and claiming its from the Presidency or PDP.
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by Orikinla(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2007
GNature:

@saintchux

It is just an ego thing, period.

Obasanjo believes that in 1999, Atiku was not popular enough to be president. He didn't have the clout, credibility etc. OBJ believes that he made him a popular political figure in Nigeria (as a whole) as a result of choosing him to be his vice president.

Now that he is well known, he feels he can sideline OBJ and become president with or without his consent. And OBJ wants to prove him wrong at all cost.

Think of it this way: OBJ IS LETTING ATIKU KNOW THAT I CAN MAKE OR BREAK YOU !

That's it in a nutshell. Ego !

Alhaji Atiku Abubar was stronger than Chief Olusegun Obasanjo even before 1999.
Obasanjo was poor when he came out of prison and suddenly he is now a multimillionaire and millions of naira are being spent to run his Otta farms.

Most of you Southerners very ignorant politically.

Obasanjo made a pact with Atiku and other Northern power brokers to secure the post of President on the premise of returning the post to them.

Obasanjo does not want Atiku to become President, because he is afraid that he is going to be probed.

The importation of fuel is fraudulent and we are going to probe the administration of Obasanjo.
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by GNature(m): 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2007
Orikinla:

Alhaji Atiku Abubar was stronger than Chief Olusegun Obasanjo even before 1999.
Obasanjo was poor when he came out of prison and suddenly he is now a multimillionaire and millions of naira are being spent to run his Otta farms.

I am not talking about being rich as of 1999, I am talking about clout, credibility, name recognition, track record etc.

Atiku was not well known in Southern Nigeria as of 1999, but Obasanjo, even though broke, was a household name. He had served as a former head of state and was one of the first (if not the first) heads of state in Africa to hand over to a democratically elected government in 1979.

That is credibility and track record for you, and I repeat, Atiku didn't have that in 1999.
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by mowapa(m): 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2007
Nigerians Will one day wakeup to find out that we have been unwilling participant in a hidden camera show. There is a script being written somewhere and we have no control on what role is assigned to us.There is political divide in this country and it seems to sooth someone just fine,who? we will find out sooner or later.POLITICS naija style is different to how its played in civilized society.Here,its a mean of living.
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by IykeD1(m): 12:06am On Feb 13, 2007
@Orikinla

Who the hell is Atiku? What was his claim to fame, the Nigerian customs? Just in
case you forgot, did the name late Gen Yar Adua ring any bell? What was he to
Obasanjo and what was he to Atiku? Atiku was just graduating from adolescence
when Obasanjo was running a country.

Also, how naive can people be to even believe the myth that Obasanjo only had
N20,000 in 1999 - did he show them his bank account statement (assuming all he
had was just one bank account)? A nobody like me has more than two accounts
in two countries how much more a former head of state (a Nigerian one at that).

The truth is Obasanjo FOOLED [/b]all the northerners who wanted a puppet they can
control. He let them finance his entire campaign at little or no expense to himself,
and once he was in power he showed them the door. Who was the fool then?

We may be ignorant but we know Atiku is infected by the "born to rule" disease.
He feels the presidency is his birthright. If I were you, I will focus on supporting
Buhari or some other candidates because your hero Atiku is not going anywhere
close to Aso Rock! If there is one thing I can count on Obasanjo to deliver on,
that will be [b]delivering Atiku out of Aso Rock.
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by McKren(m): 8:26am On Feb 13, 2007
I have said it before, all this gra-gra go soon stop. Atiku has no clue how to deal with Maurice Iwu. Iwu will pull the stunt.

He wants to use the media to bully Iwu to circumvent the constitution. How will INEC clear someone who has a case in the court against the provisions of the constitution. We are all democrats protecting the constitution ai'nt we?.

Atiku should go and learn further, Prof. Maurice Iwu is no OBJ.
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by daznitro(m): 1:50pm On Feb 13, 2007
in the message by ojo madueke did he mention the name of atiku.please we should stop saying things contrary to what one have said .PDP does not need atiku. if PDP wants they can take out ahmadu ali but iwu remains INEC charman so every thing is possible.
Re: Pdp Want Atiku Back? by Jaybaba(m): 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2007
PDP from day 1 had an ulterior motive when they chose no one but OBJ to be their presidential candidate in 1999 and life leader later on.

Calling decampees now amount to a show of this ulterior motive.

The PDP is firmly in the hands of OBJ and nearly all administrative agencies & commissions in Nigeria sing his song. Where there is no opposition, there is no healthy rivalry that spurs decent competition. Today INEC has technically disqualified Atiku unless further facts emerge to rescue him again, Make we dey look. Meanwhile, many Nigerians were not registered and I wonder if we really are going to have an election.

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua Sacks Phcn Md Over Poor Power Supply / Serious Judicial Corruption In Federal Court Of Appeal / Is Nigeria A Failed Nation ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.