Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Open Letter To Motivational Speakers And 'life Coaches' - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Open Letter To Motivational Speakers And 'life Coaches' (482 Views)

Motivational Speakers / Finding The Balance - Work And Life / Top 10 Motivational Speakers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Motivational Speakers And 'life Coaches' by JSKetiquette: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
Dear motivational speakers,

Please stop making young people think working for someone else means they aren't ambitious enough. What you fail to mention is that working for someone else could be a form of apprenticeship before setting out to start their own thing. Also, if everyone listens to you and refuse to work for someone else who will we then employ to work in our companies since we will all be entrepreneurs?

Entrepreneurship is good. Very good. But please show them the whole picture and not mislead them. Let them know that over 90% of new businesses fail. Don't let them feel like a failure just because their businesses fails.

And it's not a crime to be in paid employment.

Thank You!

Demola Olusunmade
CEO, Chase Digital Limited

www.jsketiquetteconsortium.com

(1) (Reply)

I Think My Boss Does Not Like Me / Where Can I Get The Training? / How To Get A Job With A Third Class Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.