Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) (26332 Views)

Arat Hosseini, Iranian Boy With Six-Pack Now Has 4 Million IG Followers (Photos) / Mmeyene Abasi: Girl With Cerebral Palsy Dumped In A Pit By Her Mother (New Photo / My Daughter With Cerebral Palsy Was Battered By The Therapist I Trusted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by peacemara54(m): 11:32am On Aug 17, 2017
Check my signature
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Kay17: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:

It will though there is corruption, what is the nexus between the masses and the central govt?

We have better access to the state and local govts.
Nigeria as it is is a failed state. We can't continue to do something that is simply not working.

I don't understand your logic. You believe the masses are not directly connected to the central government and you want the regional government to be the intermediate link between the masses and the central govt. Yet you mention both the states and local govts which already play that role. Meaning the regional govt would as well fail as the state and local govts.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 11:35am On Aug 17, 2017
Destined2win:
sad sad

I visited a motherless children's home in may and I was so grateful to God for my life and that of my unborn kids.

Right there, you see kids whom you know that till they breathe their last on earth, they will always lie on the bed,
Till they breathe their last, the hospital attendants no matter how kind they are will NOT always handle them with care and kindness,
Till they breathe their last, they will always have pampers around their waist.
They have no co-ordination whatsoever.

Somehow, parents willingly bring their kids with such issues and abandon them there at the mercy of those attendants.

It got thinking about what we humans are doing wrong that make some people bear these kind of children because I am sure of one thing;

GOD CANNOT GIVE YOU SUCH KIDS!!

Yep, d devil gave them!

Seems ur cup is half empty? Ur logic is crazy.

Why not assume, God gave those kind of kids to develop emphaty in their parents?

Came across this, today;

https://www.littlethings.com/identical-twins-down-syndrome/amp/

4 Likes

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by henrinco(m): 11:39am On Aug 17, 2017
Destined2win:
sad sad

Faulty attribution that keeps taking African nation backwards.... Cerebral palsy is a neurological disorder but here in Nigeria is all about God and Devil!!!

That is why pastors keep on raking millions of naira daily.!

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by sweatlana: 11:50am On Aug 17, 2017
Kay17:

I don't understand your logic. You believe the masses are not directly connected to the central government and you want the regional government to be the intermediate link between the masses and the central govt. Yet you mention both the states and local govts which already play that role. Meaning the regional govt would as well fail as the state and local govts.

Twist it any how you like. The fact remains. There is no nexus between the masses and the center. We need to restructure this damn country in a way that each region manages it's self with its resources. Only tax payable to the center.
That is true federalism.
Whether u like it or not its coming anyway.
We are a failed nation as it is. We can't continue like this.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by sunnymighty(m): 11:55am On Aug 17, 2017
I am sure the Lagos state Ministry of women affairs and Poverty alleviation Alausa,Ikeja should be able to assist, they have a place at Mile 12, just after the Bridge I think Ketu Special Children Centre (KSCC) the above mentioned ministry is directly in charge of the place or better still OP should Google and get intouch with the Lagos State office of disability affairs it is also in Alausa. I used to have their contact bt not any longer since I lost my phone.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Destined2win: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
henrinco:

Faulty attribution that keeps taking African nation backwards.... Cerebral palsy is a neurological disorder but here in Nigeria is all about God and Devil!!!

ashjay001:

Yep, d devil gave them!

Seems ur cup is half empty? Ur logic is crazy.

Why not assume, God gave those kind of kids to develop emphaty in their parents?

Came across this, today;

https://www.littlethings.com/identical-twins-down-syndrome/amp/

Say all you want. Disorder of any form is purely man-made
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
Destined2win:

Say all you want. Disorder of any form is purely man-made
Yep, man creates man!? Fantastic!
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Destined2win: 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
ashjay001:

Yep, man creates man!? Fantastic!
Maybe you should dedicate something studying nature. It has answers to what you need to know
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:
If only health care was a right all citizens have like every sane country.

Nigerian needs regional govt.

I believe that is why we have state governments.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by greatman247(m): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
doctimonyeka:
Oh dear... My heart bleeds...

Where is his mom
What happened to him

Lala where are you

I guess his mom obviously gets tired of him or the peeps that abandoned him. Damn, such a shame. My heart bleeds too.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Akindotun(m): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
I can't update on the initial post I don't know why but then the situation as it is now

Update :Sorry to bug you sir.... The doctor won't give her identity but they are threatening to stop treatment since they need some things to assist the boy diapers disinfectants etc.... The boy is suffering from cerebral palsy and needs help from where ever it can come from please do all you can to assist us so he won't end up on the streets again

That was my message to the media aide to the ikotun igando LCD chairman if anyone knows "anyone" who can be of help or foundation for victims of this disease please do share it here or drop a message on 08188527027

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by ugonology(m): 12:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ymodulus:
This is why I am clamouring we enshrine euthanasia into the Constitution.

People of this kind should be killed and not meant to suffer. As Nigerians are wicked and show no love for such.

sir i have been trying to reach you please...i would love and appreciate a chat with you. i have certain questions i believe you alone can help me answer. it Has to do mainly with Bitcoin. thank you.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Rhea(f): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ymodulus:

People of this kind should be killed and not meant to suffer. As Nigerians are wicked and show no love for such.
Cerebral palsy is not the end of life. Given adequate medical attention, they can lead a decent life devoid of pain. But then Africa is a jungle where you either eat or are eaten by other humans. That is why we have not earned any respect for ourselves. A tattooed girl is taking care of all the witches and wizards we have abandoned in calabar. Yet we can open our festering mouths and criticize the tattoos on her body

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by beinstein(m): 1:01pm On Aug 17, 2017
lollypeezle:
If everybody is like you, human being would have gone into extinction.
Have you heard about Stephen Hawkings, he looks like a mess to your type but in the real world, he is a testimony. No matter the condition of a man, he will surely be what he is destined to be.

Funny thing about life is you can have a child like him because you cant choose the child you want, God does
Even Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton had signs of autism while growing up, and we all know how they both turned out to be.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by doctimonyeka(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
greatman247:

I guess his mom obviously gets tired of him or the peeps that abandoned him. Damn, such a shame. My heart bleeds too.
it's a pity ...
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Do Nigerians understand cerebral palsy at all? undecidedBloody ignorant, despite the disability they can still have a life

2 Likes

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2017
Destined2win:
Maybe you should dedicate something studying nature. It has answers to what you need to know

What are u even saying?! U believe in only one God, yet u still believe its possible, he didnt have a hand in producing defects?!

Who/What d heck produced them then?!
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Kay17: 4:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:

Twist it any how you like. The fact remains. There is no nexus between the masses and the center. We need to restructure this damn country in a way that each region manages it's self with its resources. Only tax payable to the center.
That is true federalism.
Whether u like it or not its coming anyway.
We are a failed nation as it is. We can't continue like this.

Your system would be dependent on a natural resource within each and every region. But what if no region has natural resources as profitable as oil? Wouldnt it be worse than we have right now. If a region is unable to earn enough to pay its police and maintain law and order then other regions would be stressed by migrations and the insecurity suffered by that region.

Oil is taxed at 80 per cent whereas there is no commodity that can survive such a high rate in Nigeria. So basically a natural resource dependent region wouldn't find it lucrative
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ymodulus:

Sir you have got a mail.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by chidekings(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ymodulus:

Sony you think that Nigerians will misuse it.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by sweatlana: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kay17:

Your system would be dependent on a natural resource within each and every region. But what if no region has natural resources as profitable as oil? Wouldnt it be worse than we have right now. If a region is unable to earn enough to pay its police and maintain law and order then other regions would be stressed by migrations and the insecurity suffered by that region.

Oil is taxed at 80 per cent whereas there is no commodity that can survive such a high rate in Nigeria. So basically a natural resource dependent region wouldn't find it lucrative
No region in Nigeria is devoid of natural resources. The Northerns are just lazy and want to continue to depend on ND resources.
Besides even if the region has no resources, let them do Whar the Japanese do!
There are a lot of countries without oil which do very well.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Kay17: 6:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:

No region in Nigeria is devoid of natural resources. The Northerns are just lazy and want to continue to depend on ND resources.
Besides even if the region has no resources, let them do Whar the Japanese do!
There are a lot of countries without oil which do very well.

At the underbelly of your proposal is a tribalism agenda.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by sweatlana: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kay17:

At the underbelly of your proposal is a tribalism agenda.
We don't care whatever you guys call it. It's going to happen.
All over the world there is no place where the rich are forced to share their God given wealth with the poor. It just dose not work that way.
Imagine mandating the 1st world counties to share their wealth and resources with the 3rd world. Not possible.

That the stupid senseless situation we find ourselves here in the Nigeria. The ND resources are NOT national resources. The same way the ND can't lay claim to the agricultural produce of the north or the sea ports of Lagos. It's that simple.

We are tried of feeding Nigeria when our people are desperately poor. And before u lay blame on the governors remember the FG has done worse!

I wonder if the northerners take pride in being called parasites.... they should cultivate whatever they have to sustain themselves. Who knows they may even be more successful than the ND.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by grandstar(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
Destined2win:
sad sad

I visited a motherless children's home in may and I was so grateful to God for my life and that of my unborn kids.

Right there, you see kids whom you know that till they breathe their last on earth, they will always lie on the bed,
Till they breathe their last, the hospital attendants no matter how kind they are will NOT always handle them with care and kindness,

Somehow, parents willingly bring their kids with such issues and abandon them there at the mercy of those attendants.

It got thinking about what we humans are doing wrong that make some people bear these kind of children because I am sure of one thing;

God is not responsible for the evil we see in the world today, Satan is( Read 1 John 5:19)

He made Adam and Eve sin and brought death to all mankind (Read Romans 5:12, John 8:44).

We are suffering the sad effect of Adamic sin.

We should pray like Jesus admonished for Gods kingdom to come.(Matthew 6:10) It is the solution to mankind's problems (Revelations 21:3-4 )

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by femyodsky(m): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Destined2win:
sad sad

Some of them probably resulted from Birth asphyxia and infection during neonatal and infancy period.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
Ymodulus:
[b]This is why I am clamouring we enshrine euthanasia into the Constitution.

People of this kind should be killed and not meant to suffer. As Nigerians are wicked and show no love for such.[/but]
you are also wicked that say these
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 17, 2017
henrinco:

u said d truth Africa is backward because they always link superstition to everything
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
Rhea:

Cerebral palsy is not the end of life. Given adequate medical attention, they can lead a decent life devoid of pain. But then Africa is a jungle where you either eat or are eaten by other humans. That is why we have not earned any respect for ourselves. A tattooed girl is taking care of all the witches and wizards we have abandoned in calabar. Yet we can open our festering mouths and criticize the tattoos on her body
well said, Africa is a foolish continent,they behave like animals
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Kay17: 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:

We don't care whatever you guys call it. It's going to happen.
All over the world there is no place where the rich are forced to share their God given wealth with the poor. It just dose not work that way.
Imagine mandating the 1st world counties to share their wealth and resources with the 3rd world. Not possible.

That the stupid senseless situation we find ourselves here in the Nigeria. The ND resources are NOT national resources. The same way the ND can't lay claim to the agricultural produce of the north or the sea ports of Lagos. It's that simple.

We are tried of feeding Nigeria when our people are desperately poor. And before u lay blame on the governors remember the FG has done worse!

I wonder if the northerners take pride in being called parasites.... they should cultivate whatever they have to sustain themselves. Who knows they may even be more successful than the ND.

Then don't dress up your proposal as an economic miracle or break through. The problems that deprive Nigeria from enjoying the natural wealth of the Niger Delta would still plague a regional govt. The lack of accountability to show how the resources was expended. It's not a Northern problem or Southwest problem.

Trying to solve issues of corruption with tribalism is merely side stepping the issue.

Besides oil and gas require huge capital outlays to extract the resource. Merely having it in the ground is useless.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by sweatlana: 5:05am On Aug 18, 2017
Kay17:

Then don't dress up your proposal as an economic miracle or break through. The problems that deprive Nigeria from enjoying the natural wealth of the Niger Delta would still plague a regional govt. The lack of accountability to show how the resources was expended. It's not a Northern problem or Southwest problem.

Trying to solve issues of corruption with tribalism is merely side stepping the issue.

Besides oil and gas require huge capital outlays to extract the resource. Merely having it in the ground is useless.
Let the investment be our problem.
Let accountability be our problem too!
All we are saying is leave our resources alone.
Everyone to his or her tent!
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ymodulus:

Thanks for the other time sir. I really appreciate it sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Mango, Banana, Plantain Cause Terminal Illnesses – Investigation / Doctors’ Strike Cripples Hospitals Nationwide / 591 New COVID-19 Cases, 498 Discharged And 12 Deaths On July 24 - (3478 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.