Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) (26320 Views)

Arat Hosseini, Iranian Boy With Six-Pack Now Has 4 Million IG Followers (Photos) / Mmeyene Abasi: Girl With Cerebral Palsy Dumped In A Pit By Her Mother (New Photo / My Daughter With Cerebral Palsy Was Battered By The Therapist I Trusted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Akindotun(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2017
Earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/3991139/he-dying

Update: Help Help Help. ......he Is Dying

#Savealife# UPDATE :
The young boy was refused attendance from men from the emergency service who came patrolling TWICE this evening.
Around 4pm yours truly got a call from MRS Ndukwu Precious, (child protection network) on getting to the place I met another good Samaritan MISS Yetunde Macaulay (dream connect foundation) and a lady simply called Alhaja from FSU ikotun police station....
The four of us helped to wash and clothe him after which drove to ikotun police station for entry report then straight to Igando general HOSPITAL where he was handed over to a social health worker working with ministry for children affairs (don't know what they are called) that was 7:45pm
As at when we left the hospital they are planning on referring him since the doctor said there is no bed...

We promised to check on him tomorrow, while they promised to help with treatment at least for now...... Please anyone who can reach up the state government ministries should please help us call those that matters so this young boy won't be abandoned initial diagnosis is that he has cerebral palsy.....

Thanks to Mrs precious, Miss Yetunde and everyone who has in one way or the other contributed to this development God bless you mightily and answer you each time you call.... To my faithful friends who shared the post thanks but then our work is not done yet let's make sure this also goes viral till our boy gets the attention he deserves......

NOTE: after he bathed and got to the hospital he made a statement...... "MUMMY MUMMY"......

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU SHARE THIS.... #SAVEALIFE#

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by doctimonyeka(m): 10:47pm On Aug 16, 2017
Oh dear... My heart bleeds...
Where is his mom What happened to him

Lala where are you

5 Likes

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Destined2win: 10:50am On Aug 17, 2017
sad sad

I visited a motherless children's home in may and I was so grateful to God for my life and that of my unborn kids.

Right there, you see kids whom you know that till they breathe their last on earth, they will always lie on the bed,
Till they breathe their last, the hospital attendants no matter how kind they are will NOT always handle them with care and kindness,
Till they breathe their last, they will always have pampers around their waist.
They have no co-ordination whatsoever.

Somehow, parents willingly bring their kids with such issues and abandon them there at the mercy of those attendants.

It got thinking about what we humans are doing wrong that make some people bear these kind of children because I am sure of one thing;

GOD CANNOT GIVE YOU SUCH KIDS!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by sod09(m): 10:51am On Aug 17, 2017
tooo bad embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 17, 2017
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 10:51am On Aug 17, 2017
Akindotun:
Earlier thread https://www.nairaland.com/3991139/he-dying

Update: Help Help Help. ......he Is Dying

#Savealife# UPDATE :
The young boy was refused attendance from men from the emergency service who came patrolling TWICE this evening.
Around 4pm yours truly got a call from MRS Ndukwu Precious, (child protection network) on getting to the place I met another good Samaritan MISS Yetunde Macaulay (dream connect foundation) and a lady simply called Alhaja from FSU ikotun police station....
The four of us helped to wash and clothe him after which drove to ikotun police station for entry report then straight to Igando general HOSPITAL where he was handed over to a social health worker working with ministry for children affairs (don't know what they are called) that was 7:45pm
As at when we left the hospital they are planning on referring him since the doctor said there is no bed...

We promised to check on him tomorrow, while they promised to help with treatment at least for now...... Please anyone who can reach up the state government ministries should please help us call those that matters so this young boy won't be abandoned initial diagnosis is that he has cerebral palsy.....

Thanks to Mrs precious, Miss Yetunde and everyone who has in one way or the other contributed to this development God bless you mightily and answer you each time you call.... To my faithful friends who shared the post thanks but then our work is not done yet let's make sure this also goes viral till our boy gets the attention he deserves......

NOTE: after he bathed and got to the hospital he made a statement...... "MUMMY MUMMY"......

GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU SHARE THIS.... #SAVEALIFE#

God bless 9ja Ohh, so in the midst of this hardship and no light ahead we still have such humility and humanity, ah God is great.

8 Likes

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by iyke177(m): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2017
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by talk2saintify(m): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2017
so sad

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by donnaD(f): 10:52am On Aug 17, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Ymodulus: 10:52am On Aug 17, 2017
This is why I am clamouring we enshrine euthanasia into the Constitution.

People of this kind should be killed and not meant to suffer. As Nigerians are wicked and show no love for such.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by pmc01(m): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2017
Sad! Let's help him get help by sharing his story across board.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by 0b100100111: 10:53am On Aug 17, 2017
cry cry cry
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by chizzy161(f): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2017
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by 0b100100111: 10:55am On Aug 17, 2017
Ymodulus:

People of this kind should be killed and not meant to suffer. As Nigerians are wicked and show no love for such.

Well said!

The boy is already a mess to himself, family and society.

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by highbeetohbadt: 10:57am On Aug 17, 2017
This world is full of so many diseases, which one be cerebral palsy again? God bless all those who took care of him.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by winkmart: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2017
What an evil world we live in
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by lollypeezle(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2017
If everybody is like you, human being would have gone into extinction.
Have you heard about Stephen Hawkings, he looks like a mess to your type but in the real world, he is a testimony. No matter the condition of a man, he will surely be what he is destined to be.

Funny thing about life is you can have a child like him because you cant choose the child you want, God does
Ymodulus:

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by thorpido(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2017
So many cases like this.
It can be challenging though raising children with disabilities.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by AmandaLuv(f): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2017
Lord have mercy
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by sweatlana: 11:00am On Aug 17, 2017
If only health care was a right all citizens have like every sane country.

Nigerian needs regional govt.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by nairalandbuzz(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2017
Why are they wearing gloves to bath him?

Does he have an infectious disease?

Well, prevention is better than cure...

No need to say GetWellSoon bro cos it is cerebral palsy..

May God remember you is the prayer... AMEN.
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by youngerikina40(m): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2017
Uwa nkea sef
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by munas: 11:06am On Aug 17, 2017
Celebral palsy......

Maily caused by
1.Severe jaundice with up to 25% birulibum
2.Fall
3.Baby not crying early after delivery.

This is one of the worst things to happen to any child.

It has no cure and even all Dangotes money cannot cure it.

Only God can heal that child as he has done in some cases.

I will not blame the parents,because its not easy taking care of such children and our government does not even help matters.

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Antoeni(m): 11:09am On Aug 17, 2017
The parents must have bn fed up

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2017
he stands no chance in the society, so its better he died than to be in this state suffering for nothing...

1 Like

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Kay17: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2017
Ymodulus:

Who gets to decide who deserves to live? Would the supposed victims be given a say in their own destiny?

3 Likes

Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by Kay17: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2017
sweatlana:
If only health care was a right all citizens have like every sane country.

Nigerian needs regional govt.

I don't see how a regional government would respond better to healthcare
Re: Abandoned Boy With Cerebral Palsy In Lagos (Photos) by sweatlana: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2017
Kay17:

I don't see how a regional government would respond better to healthcare
It will though there is corruption, what is the nexus between the masses and the central govt?

We have better access to the state and local govts.
Nigeria as it is is a failed state. We can't continue to do something that is simply not working.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / 3-Year-Old Girl Falls Into Pan Of Boiling Oil In Maiduguri, Suffers Burns (Pics) / Dr. Umoh Michael did not work for 72 hours - LUTH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.