Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress (10515 Views)

Nigeria's D'Tigress Crashes Out Of FIBA Women's Championship After Losing To USA / USA (W) Vs Nigeria (D'tigress) - Women. World Championship Quarterfinal Live / Women’s Afrobasket: D’tigress Destroy Guinea, Set For Tough Senegal Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by isaiah9(m): 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
Star time is showing it

If you don't have star time download their app from play store. I stream the matches with it

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2017
"
isaiah9:
Star time is showing it

If you don't have star time download their app from play store. I stream the matches with it
" thank you,i will do just that ....do we have a match 2mw....i am guessing 2mw is rest day....
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by isaiah9(m): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2017
carbonado:
"" thank you,i will do just that ....do we have a match 2mw....i am guessing 2mw is rest day....
No. Our next match is next tomorrow Vs guinea i think. Our last match of the group will be against Senegal.
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2017
Just finished watching the replay. D'Tigress were absolutely ruthless against the Egyptians!! Now, there is no doubt in my mind that despite the relatively slow start of the team, Nigeria will be one of the finalists.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2017
"
isaiah9:
No. Our next match is next tomorrow Vs guinea i think. Our last match of the group will be against Senegal.
"....i am watching Angola vs Tunisia .......at moment....to be fair....we should be able to win this tourney....
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
With that victory, D'Tigress are through to the quarter finals.

I foresee another 100+ points game against the Guinea, as the Guineans lost by 40 points to Mozambique cheesy

The next match against Guinea comes up on Tuesday at 12:45pm Nigerian time.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2017
carbonado:
""....i am watching Angola vs Tunisia .......at moment....to be fair....we should be able to win this tourney....

That's why the team is power-ranked at number 1 by FIBA, so I also have high expectations for this team. It was such a travesty for them to lose at the semifinal stage two years ago, but the team chemistry has definitely improved.
Evelyn Akhator was easily the player of the game against the Egyptians. She used her 6'3'' frame effectively in both offense and defense.
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2017
"
PDPGuy:
With that victory, D'Tigress are through to the quarter finals.

I foresee another 100+ points game against the Guinea, as the Guineans lost by 40 points to Mozambique cheesy

The next match against Guinea comes up on Tuesday at 12:45pm Nigerian time.
".....no actually i believe the guineans will lose with atleast 60 points grin cool cool......

2 Likes

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2017
Tunisia really testing Angola....6 mins to go in the 4th quarter..........tunisia 2 points down....
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by isaiah9(m): 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
carbonado:
""....i am watching Angola vs Tunisia .......at moment....to be fair....we should be able to win this tourney....
yeah we got alot of juice in the team. I think Senegal is the only team that will really give us trouble

1 Like

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by LagosEconomist: 7:18pm On Aug 20, 2017
isaiah9:
yeah we got alot of juice in the team. I think Senegal is the only team that will really give us trouble

No team in this tournament should give Nigeria any trouble.

It is a disgrace that we missed the last Olympics and we should have been dominating African basketball for the last 2 decades with the talent we've had on both the men & women's side.

Let's forget about the past though. It seems a few things are coming together at least.

1 Like

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by isaiah9(m): 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
LagosEconomist:

It is a disgrace that we missed the last Olympics and we should have been dominating African basketball for the last 2 decades with the talent we've had on both the men & women's side.

Let's forget about the past though. It seems a few things are coming together at least.
I concur
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by isaiah9(m): 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
LagosEconomist:

I'm more worried about the male team. No preliminary squad yet, no planned friendly matches and a new coach with just about 17 days to the tourney. For God sake,what have they been doing? Is this how we planned to defend the title?
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2017
LagosEconomist:

Yeah
D'Tigress now have an experienced coach who also happened to have played in the NBA; which will lead to a more tactically astute team. With adequate support from the NBBF, this team will go places in global tournaments
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by LagosEconomist: 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
isaiah9:
I'm more worried about the male team. No preliminary squad yet, no planned friendly matches and a new coach with just about 17 days to the tourney. For God sake,what have they been doing? Is this how we planned to defend the title?

We have enough talent to win even with little preparation, but the main problem as always is that the administration is a mess.

There are two rival federations that were elected in separate elections. Two people are laying claim to the Chairmanship position (Tijani Umar and Musa Kida) and the world body has given Nigeria till November to get its house in order or risk a ban.

The Kida faction will probably win because the sports minister is backing them. The Tijani Umar faction appointed the former coach and asked him to continue for Afrobasket. The Kida faction appointed a new coach.

Most of the players that were in the Olympics will be loyal to Voight, but to be honest, we have a lot of Nigeria eligible players who are not in the mix that can put together to make a run at the title. Hopefully some good things are happening behind the scenes but you never know with Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4vhTH_NhY
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by LagosEconomist: 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
Highlights from the game vs Egypt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn7aK4edA1s
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by isaiah9(m): 10:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
LagosEconomist:

We have enough talent to win even with little preparation, but the main problem as always is that the administration is a mess.

There are two rival federations that were elected in separate elections. Two people are laying claim to the Chairmanship position (Tijani Umar and Musa Kida) and the world body has given Nigeria till November to get its house in order or risk a ban.

The Kida faction will probably win because the sports minister is backing them. The Tijani Umar faction appointed the former coach and asked him to continue for Afrobasket. The Kida faction appointed a new coach.

Most of the players that were in the Olympics will be loyal to Voight, but to be honest, we have a lot of Nigeria eligible players who are not in the mix that can put together to make a run at the title. Hopefully some god things are happening behind the scenes but you never know with Nigeria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4vhTH_NhY
what a mess
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 7:52am On Aug 21, 2017
D'Tigress ready for battle

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by LagosEconomist: 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
Rest day today
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2017
Its game day!

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2017
1st quarter
Nigeria 16-8 Guinea

1 Like

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2017
End of 1st quarter
Nigeria 26-8 Guinea
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2017
Sarah Ogoke scored two 3-pointers

1 Like

Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2017
Nigeria not smiling...lol...36-11
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
Nigeria 44-11 Guinea grin
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2017
42 - 11.... grin grin cool
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2017
PDPGuy:
Nigeria 44-11 Guinea grin
"" it seems mine is slow...lol..guinea don suffer...i predicted a 60 points..beating...lol grin grin grin cool
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2017
46-11.........i am feeling sleepy..
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by PDPGuy: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2017
carbonado:
"" it seems mine is slow...lol..guinea don suffer...i predicted a 60 points..beating...lol grin grin grin cool

Guinea are in serious trouble today grin
Akhator already has 14 points in the first half; which means she may get up to 30 in this game cheesy
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2017
end of 2nd quater.....48-12 in favor of Nigeria....commentator said. "ït is obvious that coach Sam is using the game to practice."...shaking my head.....
Re: 2017 Women's Afrobasket Updates: Team Nigeria - D'Tigress by carbonado(m): 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2017
"
PDPGuy:

Guinea are in serious trouble today grin
Akhator already has 14 points in the first half; which means she may get up to 30 in this game cheesy
"lol..this kinda of beating is too much...they r the weeping team though...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Personality Profile: Nojim Maiyegun, Nigeria`s First Olympic Medallist / 2018 Winter Olympic: Nigerian Team Among The Top 10 To Look Out For At The Games / AFCON 2023: Nigeria's Road To The Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.