Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

- Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (2765 Views)

Discussion For Nairaland Atheists Only. / Why Do Nairaland Atheists Behave Silly Sometimes? / A Test For Nairaland Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 2:58am On Aug 17, 2017
In a mother’s womb were two babies.

One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”

The other replied: “Why of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will ask later.”

“Nonsense,” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”

The second said, “I do not know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we cannot now understand.”

The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”

The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we will not need this physical cord anymore.”

The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover, if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”

The second responded, “Well, I do not know, but certainly we will meet mother and she will take care of us.”

The first said, “Mother? You actually believe in mother? That’s laughable. If mother exists, then where is she now?”

The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of her. It is of her that we live. Without her this world would not and could not exist.”

The first said, “Well I do not see her, so it is only logical that she does not exist.”

The second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive her presence, and you can hear her loving voice calling down from above.”

https://www.quora.com/Which-sentences-have-made-you-think-most-in-your-life

The above conversation is so thought provoking i couldn't help but share this....Good morning!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by obinna58(m): 3:34am On Aug 17, 2017
It should have started with sperm not only babies

1 Like

Re: by hopefulLandlord: 3:41am On Aug 17, 2017
this same discussion has happened before, the OP was trashed and he had to abandon his own thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3955286/best-explanation-analogy-god-eternity

honestly, there is not one single Christian argument when put to the rigors of reason and rationality and/or science that is even the slightest bit convincing in any way whatsoever. The whole foundation from start to finish is on sinking sand. It can only be believed by the monumentally naïve or the willfully dishonest.

Christianity is vapid, illogical, filled with absolute bull and maintained with a combination of make believe and threats

nothing objectively logical backs Christianity

6 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 5:40am On Aug 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
this same discussion has happened before, the OP was trashed and he had to abandon his own thread

honestly, there is not one single Christian argument when put to the rigors of reason and rationality and/or science that is even the slightest bit convincing in any way whatsoever. The whole foundation from start to finish is on sinking sand. It can only be believed by the monumentally naïve or the willfully dishonest.

Christianity is vapid, illogical, filled with absolute bull and maintained with a combination of make believe and threats

But the OP hasn't even said anything about Christianity in his rightup...and here u are rushing in to bash and disprove the Christian faith like someone paid u 100million dollars to do so..its just pathetic how u atheists jump at Christianity, like it's the only one claiming God's existence...

I might not have the answers....because I wasn't there from the beginning..but u atheist that believe in logic and deep thinking should know from ur logical reasoning there has to be a beginning where all of this came from..
We ddnt just jump and became over 6billion inhabitants...the numbers grew from a very little figure over time...

Yes! to u it seems religion is ferry tales...and u don't believe it
How does the big bang theory sound any concrete to the ears....

"A large body of huge mass exploded and created everything", have u stopped to reason how complex yet beautifully perfect and connected nature is.. how can an explosion create something that which looks this perfect... its like saying the world trade center came to be by an unexplained bang and not a design from architects and engineers.

oh! let me guess, u decided to accept it because the same pple that came up with it also came up with laws able to support planes and android u can actually see and use.
Like I said, I don't have all the answers...neither do u, neither does science which seems like a god most atheists unconsciously worship/believe in...

science just picks it up from somewhere and try to prove it as far as it can and when science see something it can't prove...it tags it at as hallucinations and Ferry tales ..but the beginning of everything is still a mystery...and the explanation to it all.

I only believe that this world, from the DNA helix that connects all living tissues to the gravity forces and death which links us all is all a design from somewhere. It looks to complex and perfect for it not to have been a plan and design and a man like me couldn't have designed such neither can an unexplained big bang....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by frank317: 6:16am On Aug 17, 2017
1StopRudeness:

But the OP hasn't even said anything about Christianity in his rightup...and here u are rushing in to bash and disprove the Christian faith like someone paid u 100million dollars to do so..its just pathetic how u atheists jump at Christianity, like it's the only one claiming God's existence...

I might not have the answers....because I wasn't there from the beginning..but u atheist that believe in logic and deep thinking should know from ur logical reasoning there has to be a beginning where all of this came from..
We ddnt just jump and became over 6billion inhabitants...the numbers grew from a very little figure over time...

Yes! to u it seems religion is ferry tales...and u don't believe it
How does the big bang theory sound any concrete to the ears....

"A large body of huge mass exploded and created everything", have u stopped to reason how complex yet beautifully perfect and connected nature is.. how can an explosion create something that which looks this perfect... its like saying the world trade center came to be by an unexplained bang and not a design from architects and engineers.

oh! let me guess, u decided to accept it because the same pple that came up with it also came up with laws able to support planes and android u can actually see and use.
Like I said, I don't have all the answers...neither do u, neither does science which seems like a god most atheists unconsciously worship/believe in...

science just picks it up from somewhere and try to prove it as far as it can and when science see something it can't prove...it tags it at as hallucinations and Ferry tales ..but the beginning of everything is still a mystery...and the explanation to it all.

I only believe that this world, from the DNA helix that connects all living tissues to the gravity forces and death which links us all is all a design from somewhere. It looks to complex and perfect for it not to have been a plan and design and a man like me couldn't have designed such neither can an unexplained big bang....

See ur life. U accused him of quickly jumping into conclusion that u are a Christian but immediately did the same by quickly jumping into conclusion he is a scientist.

1StopRudeness:

I might not have the answers....because I wasn't there from the beginning..

Then shut up and let's live peace instead of disturbing our lives with ur non existent God that u assumed from ur head.
Big bang ko, explosion ni
Re: by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 17, 2017
frank317:

See ur life. U accused him of quickly jumping into conclusion that u are a Christian but immediately did the same by quickly jumping into conclusion he is a scientist.

Then shut up and let's live peace instead of disturbing our lives with ur non existent God that u assumed from ur head.

I accused him of concluding that I am a christain??
And also concluded he's a scientist?? Wow!!!
And really?? it's bothering you that some pple claim there is a God...
Sincere apologise ur eyes had to see my post....I must say u are one weird kinda atheist...I never knew they come in dis kinda version...the ones I've seen are usually more impressive...
Mabinu...

1 Like

Re: by felixomor: 7:20am On Aug 17, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Sincere apologise ur eyes had to see my post....I must say u are one weird kinda atheist...I never knew they come in different versions...the ones I've seen are usually more impressive...
Mabinu...

Eiya
Brother, by now you should have known that the fellow you were replying has comprehension problems.
In addition to being paranoid

Just go through his profile. He is never found in meaningful rebuttal.

1 Like

Re: by felixomor: 7:23am On Aug 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

You haven't addressed the topic one bit. Even in the thread you linked.
All you could do was expose your anti Christian vituperations as usual.

Shame!

1 Like

Re: by frank317: 7:55am On Aug 17, 2017
felixomor:

Eiya
Brother, by now you should have known that the fellow you were replying has comprehension problems.
In addition to being paranoid

Just go through his profile. He is never found in meaningful rebuttal.

Lol
Re: by frank317: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Sincere apologise ur eyes had to see my post....I must say u are one weird kinda atheist...I never knew they come in dis kinda version...the ones I've seen are usually more impressive...
Mabinu...

What?
Re: by obisco4u: 11:58am On Aug 17, 2017
A stupid and illogical analogy. You should have supported your pointless story with proof that babies in the womb are self-aware, can talk and engage in dialogue.
Re: by felixomor: 1:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
obisco4u:
A stupid and illogical analogy. You should have supported your pointless story with proof that babies in the womb are self-aware, can talk and engage in dialogue.

Of course babies in womb are self aware
And even respond to stimuli as best as they can

Even at that, the argument of self awareness defeats the
Argument of many atheists that humans were created by random chance of accidents.

You may try another angle
Re: by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Just read through it. Thanks for sharing bro.
Re: by Vick4rill(m): 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Mabinu...

that guy is the most uintelligent atheist on this forum.90% of his comment are full of insults with out any meaningful contribution.u can never have a sane conversation with him

1 Like

Re: by frank317: 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
Vick4rill:
that guy is the most uintelligent atheist on this forum.90% of his comment are full of insults with out any meaningful contribution.u can never have a sane conversation with him

How can I have a sane conversation with someone who believes in a magical sky daddy that loves him and helps him secure contacts but will not help 9 year old when being molested and will burn u in hell if u don't love him back...are u even sane?
Re: by felixomor: 3:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
Vick4rill:

Another confirmation on the same person.
Re: by frank317: 5:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
felixomor:

Another confirmation on the same person.

Lol... And the morooon speaks

I have single handedly converted @ least two theists in this section to atheism. Even ur Jesus is afraid of ... Yahweh bleeds at the mention of my name... U no reach
Re: by felixomor: 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2017
frank317:

Lol... And the morooon speaks

I have single handedly converted @ least two theists in this section to atheism. Even ur Jesus is afraid of ... Yahweh bleeds at the mention of my name... U no reach

Who did u convert?
Hehehehe, you are deluded.! sad
First convert your inherent foolishnes.

Selah.
Re: by sonofluc1fer: 6:28pm On Aug 17, 2017
felixomor:

Of course babies in womb are self aware

Now I know you're a doctor.

Native doctor. grin

2 Likes

Re: by felixomor: 6:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

[s]
Now I know you're a doctor.

Native doctor[/s]. grin

I was trying to figure out why u had to edit my comment before replying

Then I remembered that it was a fool at work
So I aint bothered.

1 Like

Re: by sonofluc1fer: 6:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
felixomor:

I was trying to figure out why u had to edit my comment before replying.
Then I remembered that it was a fool at work
So I aint bothered.

Sure you ain't.

But your patients should be. grin grin
Re: by felixomor: 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Sure you ain't.

But your patients should be. grin grin

You dont even know me
Let alone my patients

The fool is still at work undecided
Re: by CAPSLOCKED: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2017

I ACTUALLY OPENED THIS THREAD EXPECTING SOMETHING ELSE.

I FEEL LIKE I JUST LET MYSELF DOWN BY UNDERESTIMATING THE "STUPID" OF BELIEVERS.

angry
Re: by Amberon11: 7:13pm On Aug 17, 2017
undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: by GoodMuyis(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2017
nice one

This is a nice topic to discourse, but hypocritical stance of atheists will not allow them to join only to come and spew trash.

They rather support someone worship Bucket of Poo than someone Mentioning God

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: by Amberon11: 6:25am On Aug 18, 2017
You see how frustrated and depressed your life is? Pray tell, where and how was Christianity mentioned above. I hope you don't commit suicide with the venom in your heart.

By the way , isn't it the same assertion you use in condemning Christianity? You can't take a little of your own medicine?
hopefulLandlord:

1 Like

Re: by Amberon11: 6:29am On Aug 18, 2017
You are the one disturbing us here. This is the religious section where religion is to be discussed and last I remember atheism is not a religion. So why are you hell bent on attacking religious people?

Plus, throughout history and even during the medieval stone ages, humans were always known to have deities, the earliest being Yahweh, so you're the one disturbing our cyber space with your God-hating, religion denigrating ass.
frank317:

2 Likes

Re: by frank317: 10:10am On Aug 18, 2017
felixomor:

Who did u convert?
Hehehehe, you are deluded.! sad
First convert your inherent foolishnes.

Selah.

It's not my fault u have no shame... Mumu way get mouth...

Jesus has refused to save u from ur stupidly... Ur case is lost
Re: by felixomor: 10:21am On Aug 18, 2017
frank317:

It's not my fault u have no shame... Mumu way get mouth...

Jesus has refused to save u from ur stupidly... Ur case is lost

Eiya
I can see that you are still pained that another person confirmed your foolishness on this thread....

Please cry some more grin

1 Like

Re: by frank317: 11:10am On Aug 18, 2017
Amberon11:
You are the one disturbing us here. This is the religious section where religion is to be discussed and last I remember atheism is not a religion. So why are you hell bent on attacking religious people?

Plus, throughout history and even during the medieval stone ages, humans were always known to have deities, the earliest being Yahweh, so you're the one disturbing our cyber space with your God-hating, religion denigrating ass.

Lol.. cry me a River... U aint see nothing yet.. u peddle falsehood and not want to be disturbed... Yahweh is a fraud... Everybody has to know

1 Like

Re: by frank317: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2017
felixomor:

Eiya
I can see that you are still pained that another person confirmed your foolishness on this thread....

Please cry some more grin

Lol, are u now sharing foolishness? Sorry, I will pass
Re: by Amberon11: 11:22am On Aug 18, 2017
Thrash as usual. Who else besides you is crying on this thread?

Are you always this foolish or is it only on Fridays?
frank317:

Lol.. cry me a River... U aint see nothing yet.. u peddle falsehood and not want to be disturbed... Yahweh is a fraud... Everybody has to know

(1) (2) (Reply)

THE TRINITY: Explanation Of The God Head / Atheism Is A Mental Illness, A Cry For Attention. / My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of My Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.