Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet (2000 Views)

Kano Man Found Alive After ‘drowning’ 30 Years Ago / I Bedwet Even As An Adult....please Help Me / Help I'm 19 And Still Bedwet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Sadmind: 6:36am On Aug 17, 2017
Good morning all, please i want you all to know that i absolutely take no pleasure in writing this. I'm just trying to look for solutions to my only problem.

I don't bedwet everyday, it comes occasionally and when it comes, it's always inevitable, all it normally takes is less than an hour sleep and a dream of peeing in a toilet. I have done almost everything to stop this but all to no avail, seems I'm even out of options. I even gave myself compulsory insomnia, i don't sleep again at nights but whenever i managed to get a nap during the day, i bedwet, no matter where i am(not everytime though).

Last week, in my office, i was so tired that i did not know when i slept off, but few minutes down, i saw myself dreaming that i was peeing in the toilet and when i woke up, the whole office was wet with my pee (thank God the guy i shared the office with was absent that day). I had to close late so people won't notice anything. There are different occasions like that in different places. There was even a time i went to a convention with few of my friends, we were discussing in the room in the afternoon and we all slept off, before i knew what was happening, they were already waking me up with slaps that I had bedwet. They stopped talking to me till date.

It goes on and on like that and I'm kind of feeling suicidal already, I just thought i should try nairaland perhaps i will see or hear something helpful

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by madridguy(m): 6:37am On Aug 17, 2017
Feeling suicidal over what? Please dear don't try that. I will suggest you visit any General Hospital close by for comprehensive test.

God will take total control.
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Nwodosis(m): 6:39am On Aug 17, 2017
Are you serious?
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 17, 2017
Oh dear!!!

Have you tested for diabetes and UTI?

2 Likes

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by SeunFirstSon: 6:50am On Aug 17, 2017
Bro just pray, It's all gonna be fine
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Sadmind: 6:54am On Aug 17, 2017
BleSSedMee:
Oh dear!!!

Have you tested for diabetes and UTI?

My last medical check up was 3 weeks ago and no sign of diabetes... Don't know what UTI is though
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Teaveapoet(f): 6:58am On Aug 17, 2017
Your problem might be physical or spiritual. firstly, go for a bladder test in a lab to show if you do not have health problems. secondly, mingle with a good christian church cos you need to undergo deliverance from ancenstral causes or hereditary. if u dont mind i can invite u for prayers at fgc idimu orisunbare 4 deliverance.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 17, 2017
Sadmind:

My last medical check up was 3 weeks ago and no sign of diabetes... Don't know what UTI is though

OK. It's urinary tract Infection. It's one causal factor too.

I'd advise you seek the help of a Urologist if you've not already.

If the medical solutions proffered still fails, then you gotta grab the bull by the horns.

Go on the defensive with hot prayers and pray your healing through.

If you are a Winner's member, you should make the communion your weapon. It's well with you.
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by mazimee(m): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2017
I understand your plight because I have been in your shoes but not as an adult but rather as a teen. Most of us have experienced that too, I know the embarrassing feeling my brother.

You should start by drinking lesser water at night. That way you can control the amount of water that goes into your bladder. Also avoid late night dinner especially heavy carbohydrate foods. Try as much as possible to urinate as many times as possible before you go to bed.

Form the habit of waking up late in the night to urinate, If you must employ the help of another person to wake you up late in the night, Please do. If setting alarm will can do the magic, Please do. All these will build your body to adjust and get used to the new habit. That way, you won't notice when you stopped .

5 Likes

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Larryfest(m): 7:15am On Aug 17, 2017
U are in-between medical and spiritual and since you have given the medical aspect a trial i think you should also go spiritual too....This is Africa, Nigeria precisely so anything is possible.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Awesome80(m): 10:09am On Aug 17, 2017
try kegel exercises
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by maysimsimple(m): 11:36am On Aug 17, 2017
Bros, at this age its spiritual. Don't know which part of the country u're from or d church u attend... Pls go spiritual about it....

e author=Sadmind post=59550764]Good morning all, please i want you all to know that i absolutely take no pleasure in writing this. I'm just trying to look for solutions to my only problem.

I don't bedwet everyday, it comes occasionally and when it comes, it's always inevitable, all it normally takes is less than an hour sleep and a dream of peeing in a toilet. I have done almost everything to stop this but all to no avail, seems I'm even out of options. I even gave myself compulsory insomnia, i don't sleep again at nights but whenever i managed to get a nap during the day, i bedwet, no matter where i am(not everytime though).

Last week, in my office, i was so tired that i did not know when i slept off, but few minutes down, i saw myself dreaming that i was peeing in the toilet and when i woke up, the whole office was wet with my pee (thank God the guy i shared the office with was absent that day). I had to close late so people won't notice anything. There are different occasions like that in different places. There was even a time i went to a convention with few of my friends, we were discussing in the room in the afternoon and we all slept off, before i knew what was happening, they were already waking me up with slaps that I had bedwet. They stopped talking to me till date.

It goes on and on like that and I'm kind of feeling suicidal already, I just thought i should try nairaland perhaps i will see or hear something helpful [/quote]
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Jman06(m): 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2017
What you have is urine incontinence which could be due to many factors such as abnormal contraction of detrusor muscles of your bladder, deficiency of anti-diuretic hormone {ADH}, UTI e.t.c.

I would have recommended some drugs here, but i consider it unethical to do that here. Besides some of the drugs are prescription-only drugs and will not be sold to you without a signed and stamped doctor's prescription paper.

My advice is for you to go to the nearest teaching hospital and see a urologist. Also, some lifestyle changes such as avoidance of excessive water in take especially in the evening times, avoidance of alcohol and cafeine could also be helpful.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by maysimsimple(m): 12:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
For the fact that you dream about urinating.. Bros, forget medical n go spiritual..
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by beryour(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2017
Hello, I understand you quite well and all I can say is congratulations because it will come to an end soon.
I would advice you immediately begin the use of Barley Grass products. They are products of Philippines and all 'certified organic' Some of the products include Pure barley Juice, Barley vegetable capsule, Barley green tea lemon and Barley fusion coffee. It is new in Nigeria but testimonies are going round already. I have included some pictures, check the fb link for more info: https://web.facebook.com/santepurebarleynaija/ also call/whatsapp 08098113883
Barley cures all mini and major illness and also correct errors in the system due to wrong medications. It is known for particularly doing a 'factory reset' to our system and works on all systems and vessels.
Also please do more research online about Barley.

Sadmind:
Good morning all, please i want you all to know that i absolutely take no pleasure in writing this. I'm just trying to look for solutions to my only problem.

It goes on and on like that and I'm kind of feeling suicidal already, I just thought i should try nairaland perhaps i will see or hear something helpful

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Sadmind: 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
Jman06:
What you have is urine incontinence which could be due to many factors such as abnormal contraction of detrusor muscles of your bladder, deficiency of anti-diuretic hormone {ADH}, UTI e.t.c.

I would have recommended some drugs here, but i consider it unethical to do that here. Besides some of the drugs are prescription-only drugs and will not be sold to you without a signed and stamped doctor's prescription paper.

My advice is for you to go to the nearest teaching hospital and see a urologist. Also, some lifestyle changes such as avoidance of excessive water in take especially in the evening times, avoidance of alcohol and cafeine could also be helpful.

Best wishes.

Thank you sir... I think my best bet now is to visit a urologist.

I've never for once taken any hard substance

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Originalsly: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
Most likely... most common cause is UTI .... I'm no medic... but this is what I learned along the way. I guess you're a guy.... besides bedwetting, you may find the urgent need to pee and unable to hold it in for more than a few minutes....you may find it hard to have an erection... and if you do....maintain it for even a few minutes.... and to make matters worse... stress. Stress itself can manifest itself in this way and no doubt... you are stressed about this problem. Maybe there are others in your life that are really stressing you out. Forget about that spiritual nonsense... some things may be spiritual... but not this one. When our people don't know the cause of a problem... we say it's spiritual instead of seeking knowledge and understanding. Your best bet now..like you said... visit a good urologist and be tested.

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Sadmind: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2017
Originalsly:
Most likely... most common cause is UTI .... I'm no medic... but this is what I learned along the way. I guess you're a guy.... besides bedwetting, you may find the urgent need to pee and unable to hold it in for more than a few minutes....you may find it hard to have an erection... and if you do....maintain it for even a few minutes.... and to make matters worse... stress. Stress itself can manifest itself in this way and no doubt... you are stressed about this problem. Maybe there are others in your life that are really stressing you out. Forget about that spiritual nonsense... some things may be spiritual... but not this one. When our people don't know the cause of a problem... we say it's spiritual instead of seeking knowledge and understanding. Your best bet now..like you said... visit a good urologist and be tested.

Thank you sir
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by cassidy1996(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
go on your knees and pray, I know how you feel and I know what it's like a
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by enoqueen: 3:24am On Aug 18, 2017
Op pele cry
I can relate wella.

It's not easy bed-wetting as an adult.
Don't kill yourself.

Talk to your God the best way u know how.

I did and it worked for me. Though I was nineteen at the time.

A day to my moving into my school hostel was the last day I bedwet.
Sleeping then was hell for me. I was always scared whenever I feel sleepy.
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Ameeria: 9:19am On Aug 18, 2017
Oh my! This is so sad. Once done with the hospital, you need to form the habit of checking and double checking where you are anytime you are peeing. You can do this by pinching yourself or shaking your head vigorously. This will creep into your subconscious eventually. Pele. It will end well.
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by geniewilliams(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
YOU CALL THIS NUMBER 0703607238/ 09086222673
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by DoctorsOfficeNg: 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
Sadmind:

HEALTH SERVICE REMINDER : You can Chat or call freely and anonymously our certified doctors should you need share an issue 24/7.
Kindly visit: https://doctorsoffice.ng/talk-to-a-doctor
We are : SIMPLE | CONFIDENTIAL | SECURE

Have a compelling health journey or health struggle you’d like to share with our readers? Send us an email to editor@doctorsOffice.ng
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by victorlekan(m): 5:54am On Aug 19, 2017
Well,there are people with worse cases than you,so,contemplating suicide is not going to make things better.The biggest step in treatment is having the right information,the next one is taking the right action.Like some said,you are likely dealing with a case of urine incontinency or overactive bladder whch can be as a result of UTI,STI,Enlarged prostate or even diabetes.These issues can start from one and end up in others as complications.Also,it may be as a result of some defects in your urinary structure.Lastly,it may have been
worsened by the fact that you live in the fear of bedwetting whenever you sleep.Your dreams turning to reality is gradually becoming a pingpong game between your brain and urinary system.In addition,watch your urge to urinate and empty your bladder instantly.Prayer too is important.To every problem there is a solution.God be with you.
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Lexusgs430: 5:58am On Aug 19, 2017
Sadmind:

A temporary solution for you is, the use of a conveen and leg bags......

You need to do pelvic floor exercises, to strengthen your bladder. Your bladder is probably very weak or you got stress incontinence.....

1 Like

Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by thegraace: 7:14am On Aug 19, 2017
Bros don't be deceived, ur problem is spiritual and go spiritual too. With all my heart and the assurance of Holy Spirit, I strongly advised you to go to Synagogue Church of All Nations for prayers. I assure you that God will answer your prayer. Amen
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by darita: 10:42pm On Aug 19, 2017
My dear pls its just prayers. God wil do it. I prayed fervently for myslf$it stopped. Decree it for urslf $it wil stop. Dnt b ashamed of wearing adult pampers too.
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by cheyi(m): 10:54pm On Aug 19, 2017
Don't waste your money with any urologist. Think herbs and get well. It happened to my nephew at age 15 and its just herbs and everything disappeared.
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Sadmind: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2017
victorlekan:
Well,there are people with worse cases than you,so,contemplating suicide is not going to make things better.The biggest step in treatment is having the right information,the next one is taking the right action.Like some said,you are likely dealing with a case of urine incontinency or overactive bladder whch can be as a result of UTI,STI,Enlarged prostate or even diabetes.These issues can start from one and end up in others as complications.Also,it may be as a result of some defects in your urinary structure.Lastly,it may have been
worsened by the fact that you live in the fear of bedwetting whenever you sleep.Your dreams turning to reality is gradually becoming a pingpong game between your brain and urinary system.In addition,watch your urge to urinate and empty your bladder instantly.Prayer too is important.To every problem there is a solution.God be with you.

Amen. Thanks
Re: HELP: I Am 30 Years Old And I Still Bedwet by Sadmind: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2017
thegraace:
Bros don't be deceived, ur problem is spiritual and go spiritual too. With all my heart and the assurance of Holy Spirit, I strongly advised you to go to Synagogue Church of All Nations for prayers. I assure you that God will answer your prayer. Amen

Amen. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

11 Proven Health Benefits Of Chia Seeds / Danger! Coronavirus Patient Escapes From Isolation Centre / This Started Showing On My D#ck (viewer Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.