Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. (15526 Views)

Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed / Report: NNPC top mgt to go, accounts to be probed-Daily Trust / Buhari Is Supporting Boko Haram, He Should Be Probed – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2010
feyiona:

I am surprised at the length that some people like Hard talk will go to destroy people. we have a missing president, and house of rep members whogo on junkie rides to saudi arabia. A gov. that uses 8b naira to dredge  a STREAM. and all but all he is bothered about is a gov who is actually working. Corruption can not be wiped out in a day so if u say Fashola is inflating contracts ask the question are the contracts done or not. so please lets face good issues and not chase shadows

Please, please please. for once let us ignore as we usually do, the sins of our leaders and concentrate on the works he has done, after all IBB got an award from ThisDay as a Champion of Democracy and yet his regime is the sole reason why we are at the silly depths we are today. but we smile and praise his skills of corruption. There is not one governor (Oshionmole included) that is not corrupt, but he is developing Lagos, Tinubu was praised to high heavens but what did he do for :Lagos after 8 years, ZIP!

Fashola, CHop wetin you fit chop then come back on PDP platform, Lagos is yours, after all IBORI owns NOtore and we are just chopping the fertilizer with relish, Haba Nigerians, appreciate a good gesture, the guy could have simply done like other governors before him and chopped till he left. and all we would do is complain (NUTTIN MORE)
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by boyt1: 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2010
Fashola whether you want to change EKO to be like Las vagas in 2 years is welcomed by everyone. But that does not give you the right not be transparent and respect the code of conduct & ethics of government for the interest of all lagosians you serve. Its the people's tax , so open up more.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Tado: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2010
2011 is here. The game is on. Voters beware.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by dlox01(m): 8:45pm On Feb 23, 2010
how impressive, face of lagos its abit disturbing to know that these people and their followers have chosen this time to make such accusations, just when the elections are around the corner(a few months time),i guess they heard the election is this yr no longer next yr. well, im not surprised why these faceless people would come up with such against a governor(the only functional one) and deam it fit to tarnish his image, there are 35 other governors to pick from including minister of FCT that have no initiative and cannot generate any income and have not shown an atom of growth even with the federal govt funding are you telling me that these other states dont award contracts?? or they dont inflate contracts?? itz really a shame really, you see alao akala, gbenga daniels and others just balling tight n its lagos your heart is??
the governor of lagos state has been outstanding,campaigning for public and private unification to source funds and all the efforts he has made in each sector COME ON?!?!?!!!!!!! i hear the anti fashola in some of u n the PDP'yness but really take a good look around u here on nairaland and where u stand mention somebody in government today that has given the masses rich or poor the hope this guy has given?
its really sad i have to comment on this. embarassed
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by hilli666(m): 8:47pm On Feb 23, 2010
I, in all honesty admire the work fashola is doing for the state of Lagos and all its denizens. But Imagine for a second, how much more he could have accomplished with all these extra funds he allegedly usurped. Corruption is corruption, and to truly move towards real development especially the type we are all desirous for, then we should cease this behavior of tolerating corrupt leaders just because they carried out part of their paid civic obligations. WE ARE PAYING GOVERNOR FASHOLA, HE WORKS FOR US, HE IS A STATE EMPLOYEE WITH A JOB TO DO. WE ARE PROVIDING HIM THE FUNDS TO DO HIS JOB THROUGH TAXES.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by babapupa: 9:11pm On Feb 23, 2010
hilli666:

how much more he could have accomplished with all these extra funds he allegedly usurped. Corruption is corruption,

How much did he usurped?

How did he usurped it?

Where is the usurped money and what is he doing with it?

Finally, where is the evidence to support you usurped money claim?
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2010
@hilli666,i support your notion,cos i see no reason why we should support coruption or praise a leader as if the job hes doing is charity, i atleast they are all payed for governing,not free,though am not saying to encourage a good governor is not sensible, but we should also know that is thier work and they should be patroitic about it and diligent,anyways,nigerians are just enjoying good infrastructures,they are not use to good things,so any good one will trip and blow their minds away

@why are u jumping and refering people as illitetrates,u berra wtch your big mouth,calling people names all becos they against a notion

@all,we need  proper accountablility on every portfolios in naija, so the nation can move forward, i dnt care if is Fashola or not,anyother person should be given same treatment
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by xcuggsm(m): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2010
Phew! I am already having a headache from all these politician "chop money" talk. Guess they are all the same past and present. And if you think anybody will probe them, think again!The money in their hands in such that they can even bride the pope to say benediction in an Cele church.
As for the press. Forget them. The brown envelope works wonders.

Change the topic "jare". Let PM News come out with an interesting headline like "FASHOLA IMPREGNATES HOUSE GIRL" or "TINUBU MARRIES A AFGANISTAN TALIBAN WOMAN" Then I will be interested.

If politician no chop money what do you expect him to do? As Barkin Zuwo summarised it "Government Money in Government House" is no crime.

Send for Panadol extra!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2010
lol grin
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Fhemmmy: 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2010
xcuggs_m:

Phew! I am already having a headache from all these politician "chop money" talk. Guess they are all the same past and present. And if you think anybody will probe them, think again!The money in their hands in such that they can even bride the pope to say benediction in an Cele church.

Change the topic "jare". Let PM News come out with an interesting headline like "FASHOLA IMPREGNATES HOUSE GIRL" or "TINUBU MARRIES A AFGANISTAN TALIBAN WOMAN" Then I will be interested.

If politician no chop money what do you expect him to do? As Barkin Zuwo summarised it "Government Money in Government House" is no crime.

Send for Panadol extra!

Na wa oh
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by jemby: 10:23pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ Poster are u sure you're not a PDP Member?
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by hotlips: 11:20pm On Feb 23, 2010
I doff my hat to Fashola. In the face of provocation, innuendoes, lies and blackmail he has kept quiet, showing only respect for his so-called elders. If the truth be told, he has enough information to send his detractors to jail for life. The messengers would run helter skelter when the EFCC chases their paymasters.
Seriously,lIf I were Fashola, I would simply resign when my name is cleared, and it would be cleared, the so called probe would be stopped midway when they see those who are really involved in the conteact scam, .
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by blackcypha(m): 12:16am On Feb 24, 2010
let him be probed , after all he is a lawer and he is not above the LAW!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by kenoka: 1:06am On Feb 24, 2010
if una like make una probe am,if una like,make una leaf am,na una sabi
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by simplychic(f): 2:17am On Feb 24, 2010
@seun or moderator,i don't know why you keep putting this rubbish writeup on front page everyday and changing it topic.
Its so obvious that this guy was payed for what he is doing by the opposition party in order to poison the minds of the youth against the present administration.
Why do you keep promoting what he was payed to do.
Abi you self don gba riba?
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by blacky77: 4:33am On Feb 24, 2010
@simplychick, im suspecting the same thing, maybe they've gba riba at nairaland
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 5:13am On Feb 24, 2010
I doff my hat to Fashola. In the face of provocation, innuendoes, lies and blackmail he has kept quiet

ah aahn!!!

the man has tried so much!

These people are lucky Fashola isnt like me, because their nyansh go smell pepper no be small if I be Fashola oh. undecided

dem go know wetin soap dey do eye.

Its because they're aware Fashola has patience, thats why dem dey run mouth anyhow like touts
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by lawO1(m): 7:45am On Feb 24, 2010
please they should leave d guy alone,at least he has tried.
were person dey work na there e dey chop.But if dat is wat he did then its not good.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 24, 2010
who are all these 1 to 20 post people appearing out of nowhere to type rubbish?

what kind of cowards are you that you have to hide under various ids like scarecrows?
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by ronkeenuf(f): 9:20am On Feb 24, 2010
xcuggs_m:

Send for Panadol extra!

PM News headlines! shocked na headlines dem de take sell, I wonder what headline they will give for Yar'adua's return grin
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Raymonbell(m): 10:31am On Feb 24, 2010
[/color][color=#990000] grin
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Raymonbell(m): 10:37am On Feb 24, 2010
[flash=200,200][/flash][/color][color=#006600]
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 24, 2010
@tpia,roll eyes**** what would you do if you were to be fashola?dnt just talk anyhow,we know people like you,so u dnt want to be checked or you think you can be above the law?u berra stop making mouth here,this is not even only to fashola but all others too holding public offices
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Orilee9ice(m): 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2010
ah aahn!!!

the man has tried so much!

These people are lucky Fashola isnt like me, because their nyansh go smell pepper no be small if I be Fashola oh.

dem go know wetin soap dey do eye.

Its because they're aware Fashola has patience, thats why dem dey run mouth anyhow like touts

@Abi oh, Tpia.you and me both jare, if i was Fashola, upon all di tings wey i don do 4 DEM , Gongo a ti so men!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked cool i for don show dem my true color,

@ all BRF HATERS, Human beings SHA!!!HUMMMMMMMMM! KI LO DE, WETIN, MININI,, , you cannot satisfy them at all, even if he chop money we still dey see wetin he dey take am do, his case is just like Princess Diana for our obodo-Jand here, even though she did a bit on the side as well which we all knew, she was still "right" in everyone's eyes
Abegi left BRF alone oh! you enemies of progress, if naa you dey there nko, you no go do worse?? abi i lie, its b'cos you dont have access to di money dats y e dey pain you ooooooooooooooooobiiiiiiiiiii!!.oh just dont set me off oh!!,
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by lannre(m): 3:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
SEEMS madness is replacing sanity,courtesy the system called Nigerian factors
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Richtronix(m): 4:11pm On Feb 24, 2010
Anyone in political power is ACCOUNTABLE to any form of scrutiny the Electorate or masses subject him to. That is the basis of good governance, so all these irrelevant and uninformed arguments for proof of any wrongdoing are baseless. The onus is on Governor Fashola to prove with cogent facts (i.e monthly, quarterly and yearly public accounts) that he did not misappropriate any public funds.

At the end of the day he is a PUBLIC SERVANT, not some kind of demi-god.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by texbiano(m): 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
@Poster,

While I admire your seeming dedication and hard work in trying to criticize the man who many would regard as the best governor in Nigeria today, I don't understand your motive. Is it a critique or criticism? No one says Fashola is a saint; certainly not me. But the we should be able to praise and encourage people when they perform. No one would say Fashola has done badly. No, not one!

Critique is good. In fact, it is necessary for development. My problem with your stance is that you do not seem to see anything good in the man. And I find that surprising. Your post was a long, long one but I tried to read it all through and there was no where you sounded a word of praise for the man. I ask you therefore: would rather have an Igbenedion as governor? Think about it, brother. Think about it.

Let us learn to criticize constructively; not with intent to destroy or malign.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by MrCartha: 5:19pm On Feb 24, 2010
texbiano:

@Poster,

While I admire your seeming dedication and hard work in trying to criticize the man who many would regard as the best governor in Nigeria today, I don't understand your motive. Is it a critique or criticism? No one says Fashola is a saint; certainly not me. But the we should be able to praise and encourage people when they perform. No one would say Fashola has done badly. No, not one!

Critique is good. In fact, it is necessary for development. My problem with your stance is that you do not seem to see anything good in the man. And I find that surprising. Your post was a long, long one but I tried to read it all through and there was no where you sounded a word of praise for the man. I ask you therefore: would rather have an Igbenedion as governor? Think about it, brother. Think about it.

Ma bro, u r one of the most reasonable Nigerians I've ever met on this forum. May God continue to bless reasonable fellows like u. Keep it up.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Otobroto(f): 12:30am On Feb 25, 2010
texbiano:

@Poster,

Na wah oh!. There are some facts here oh!.
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by ziga: 12:36am On Feb 25, 2010
The thing is, people go on and on about democracy but have no clue per the true meaning of democracy, it's requirement and method of application, democracy means fairness and due process.

I didn't say Fashola should not be investigated. The fact is, just because we want and have democracy doesn't mean we shouldn't practice it the right way. Democracy is against throwing accusations and investigations at people without due process. You don't drag people through the mud, destroy their good name and investigate them because of hearsay and word of mouth. That is not democracy, that is what they do in banana republic.

Democracy calls for grand jury investigation where concerned parties shows up and forward all available and credible proof of wrong doing, you don't go to the people and assert to them that you heard their Governor did this and that and we're investigating and impeaching him.

Till this very second, we still don't know what exactly they have against the Governor, the incompetent legislators didn't ask the accusers to show proof of wrong doing before asking Lagosians to go along with the investigation and impeachment of their Governor.

Don't they owe the people of Lagos state who voted the Governor into office some kind of proof and explanation to justify their actions and possibility of taking their Governor away from them?

This is the kind of crude and backward ways of doing things that we're trying to get away from. I really don't think Lagosians love the prospect of instant investigation and impeachment without due process and fairness. All sane and democratic societies have process to protect everybody's rights including public officials. They are sure not above the law, but they are citizens just like you and me. I can not accuse you of something and take you to court without providing evidence to justify my legal gripe against you. Doing so opens me up for counter charges, libel and punitive fines, people get away with unprofessional behavior like these in Nigeria because we don't have standards, we don't play fair and we thumb our noses at rule of law.

About Fashola opening up. What do you really want him to open up? The legislature has all the power in the world to subpoena any document from the contractors and the executive. They obviously don't have anything incriminating against the Governor and ot explains the reason why we have not seen anything incriminating on TV and the national dailies.

The burden is on the investigator to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt, not on the accused, the accused can not do the work of the prosecutor. The man is a lawyer and he said he'll respond to their allegations in due time, meaning till they come up with credible evidence of whatever they have against him.

I personally applaud the Governor for not getting down and dirty with these professional clowns, the best thing for him to do is to go on about his business till they come up with something meaningful against him, not petty and silly nonsense like he overspend on this, he gave the contract to that?

We all want democracy, we just need to do it the right way, not the jungle way we've been doing it.

Source: babapupa of Nairaland

If people still can't make sense out of this, then I GIVE UP!!!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by Orilee9ice(m): 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ziga and babapupa
MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY, you couldnt have summed it up better, leave the dude alone, let him do his work, abi won bi teru me'ja ni!.shukeeeeeeee!!
Re: This Is The Reason Fashola Does Not Want To Be Probed - A Must Read. by nnajiofo: 5:11pm On Feb 25, 2010
How much were paid to cook up such lies please leave us alone mr man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Navy Hands Over Two Vessels Carrying Crude Oil To EFCC / “INEC’s Result Viewing Portal”: Some Little Things That Still Need To Be Fixed. / Subsidy Removal: Revert To Status Quo – TUC Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.