Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Ribadu Set To Return Home Says Change Has Come To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Set To Return Home Says Change Has Come To Nigeria (705 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu Set To Emerge Next Chairman Of PDP / When Yoruba Says Change, He Is Patriotic But When A Core Northern Says Change... / Ribadu Set To Dump Acn For Cpc . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Set To Return Home Says Change Has Come To Nigeria by gestapo(f): 2:37am On Feb 17, 2010
Pioneer Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has hailed the elevation of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to the position of Acting President in the country.

Ribadu said that the resolution of the National Assembly to vest the powers of the President on Jonathan in acting capacity, indicated that things were changing for the better in the country.

The former EFCC boss said this during a phone-in programme on an international cable television based in Doha. Qatar, Al Jazeera, on Tuesday.

Ribadu said the outcome of the protracted constitutional crisis and the empowerment of Jonathan to take over power showed that the country was favoured by God.

He said that the refusal to adhere strictly to the dictates of the constitution and the rule of law was a clear case of corruption.

The former anti-corruption czar, currently in exile in the United Kingdom, said that he would return to the country to be part of the process of reconstruction desperately needed in the society.

Although, Ribadu did not indicate when he would return to the country, he dismissed the possibility of his returning to his job as Chairman of the EFCC.

He said that the resolution of the crisis and the political empowerment of Jonathan should be seen as a factor of pride to Nigerians for being able to resolve their internal issues.

He stated further that the outcome of the governorship election in Anambra State and the pattern of administration of Jonathan showed that the country was on the right track of constitutionalism.

He said, “Things have started getting back on track. Indeed what is happening in Nigeria today itself is a manifestation of corruption we are talking about. What is corruption? It means simply abuse of office or misuse of authority.

“We have ended up in a situation where leadership refused to respect the law, refuse to follow the constitution, refused to go by what the National Assembly is saying. Elders of the country! it is tragic.

“Apart from just taking the money the resources of the country, it is also includes abuse of office, not doing things according to the law. Sadly this is the case of our country. It is unfortunate…

“Well I am a Nigerian. I will go back to my country. Sadly I have been out. Those who messed up the country insisted on throwing out every person who tried to do what is right for the country.

“But change has come to Nigeria , And I am not saying that I am going to go back to that job. No. Certainly no. But I should be part of whatever that is going to get our country back on track.

“In the last three years, this country has gone through hell. We have seen bad things; unbelievable things have happened in Nigeria and there is so much to be done. And I believe every Nigerian, not just Nuhu Ribadu, but every Nigerian, has something to do.

“All of us would just have to get back and see what can be done to get our country back on track. Few people unfortunately did what they liked with us, they messed us up; they turned things upside down. The little things we achieved in the area of corruption and the image of our country, and development they messed up.

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Actually Seen The President? As in "SEEN"? / Falana Writes Jonathan Over Iwu’s Tenure / I’m A Nobody - Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.