Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? (1872 Views)

What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Man Sues In-laws For Giving Him Already Pregnant Daughter In Kaduna / Indonesian Man Forced To Show Joystick To In-laws To Prove He Didn’t Kill Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by mira24(f): 11:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
am evn ashamed to come out of my room to face their gazes,so embrassing only GOd knows what's going on in their minds. Am a good cook but darm,don't just know wat happened and am a new wife for that matter,.Hv any one here experienced such?.what was ur facail reaction n body language like,d next day....?
Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by owelle22(m): 11:31pm On Aug 17, 2017
Pele

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 18, 2017
mira24:
am evn ashamed to come out of my room to face their gazes,so embrassing only GOd knows what's going on in their minds. Am a good cook but darm,don't just know wat happened and am a new wife for that matter,.Hv any one here experienced such?.what was ur facail reaction n body language like,d next day....?
lol...Pele. Don't beat yourself up, you will have enough opportunity in the days and years to come to show off your cooking skills.

3 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by maclatunji: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2017
Treasuredlove:
lol...Pele. Don't beat yourself up, you will have enough opportunity in the days and years to come to show off your cooking skills.

It is an opportunity for your husband to show love and massage your battered self-esteem.

3 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by babythug(f): 4:22am On Aug 18, 2017
It happens my dear! Don't beat yourself up over it just be more prepared next time round!

If it'll make you feel better my story was worse. My hubby bought a big basket of Unripe baby tomatoes. He said it was Cheap! I blended and froze it. Just noticed my stew kept tasting terrible couldn't fathom why, boiled the tomatoes endlessly and froze again. It was even worse After that! I honestly didn't know the tomatoes were the culprit!!! My MIL was on a long visit at the time you can imagine my continued embarrassment!

I survived though and so will you mawink

5 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2017
If your mother in law is your friend she won't make a big deal out of it and you guys can laugh over it together

3 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by Martin0(m): 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Evaberry:
If your mother in law is your friend she won't make a big deal out of it and you guys can laugh over it together

I nor dey laugh put ooo...grin
Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by Agbaletu: 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
It once happened to my wife, and it was too late to prepare another food. I told her to serve everybody and watch what will happen. Immediately we all sat at the dining, i started murmuring. My mum and my sister ate the food, in fact, they were begging me to stop murmuring just because the meal was not OK. My sister jokingly told her that she needs to get used to me o that she is used to my reactions whenever she prepared bad meal. I was happy that the food she prepared the following day taste very good.

4 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by empressteemah06(f): 6:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
Go outside to where they are and ask if they enjoyed the meal.. From there you can know their opinion and probably make joke about it...
Assuming am the One
Conversation between me and mother in law
Me: mama hope you enjoyed your meal?
Mama: no o.. It manageable oo. Too much salt too much sauce
Me: mama.dont be angry with me... and I know how to cook o. Just don't know what happened.. I promise you a tasty food at night. You would know your son married a good cook..
Except she be sadist she won't forget

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by Nellychinma20(f): 7:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
Eiyaaaaa take heart ,even the best cook flops once in a while

3 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by ststyreal(f): 12:14am On Aug 19, 2017
See as I dey laugh you not because I don't feel you but I am just imagining my self in your shoe, e go be like say make ground open, make I enter. But not too worry, it happens at times. At times sef, you go forget how you take cook some meal, may God help us women. Just go on your own and apologise for the meal jokingly, na only dem go tell you wetin dey their mind. Just try something like this, "mama, aunty, I no say the food no sweet, but, make una help me manage am for today, I promise a sumptuous one tomorrow ma" I don't know if I ammaking any sense shaaaaa. Dooooou amariyya!

2 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by poshestmina(f): 1:53am On Aug 19, 2017
My MIL taught me how to cook Oha,onugbu and banga soups... Nobody is perfect, I still make mistakes till tomorrow but I'll be the first to announce myself grin grin ,I'll be like 'Choi! I added too much salt again or this soup is tasteless '.

I 'yab' myself before anyone does and it's being working for me grin grin,no time working myself out over 1 mistake undecided

2 Likes

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by poshestmina(f): 1:57am On Aug 19, 2017
Agbaletu:
It once happened to my wife, and it was too late to prepare another food. I told her to serve everybody and watch what will happen. Immediately we all sat at the dining, i started murmuring. My mum and my sister ate the food, in fact, they were begging me to stop murmuring just because the meal was not OK. My sister jokingly told her that she needs to get used to me o that she is used to my reactions whenever she prepared bad meal. I was happy that the food she prepared the following day taste very good.

grin grin Are you sure you are not my husband? grin.
Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by Agbaletu: 10:31am On Aug 19, 2017
poshestmina:

grin grin Are you sure you are not my husband? grin.
Sis, maybe your husband is just like me. It seems he is Igbo but I am an Afonja with Igbo wife.
Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by darlenese(f): 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
babythug:
It happens my dear! Don't beat yourself up over it just be more prepared next time round!

If it'll make you feel better my story was worse. My hubby bought a big basket of Unripe baby tomatoes. He said it was Cheap! I blended and froze it. Just noticed my stew kept tasting terrible couldn't fathom why, boiled the tomatoes endlessly and froze again. It was even worse After that! I honestly didn't know the tomatoes were the culprit!!! My MIL was on a long visit at the time you can imagine my continued embarrassment!

I survived though and so will you mawink

Eyaa, sorry about that, that's the reason I dnt allow hubby buy my tomatoes, a good stew starts from the market, if u get the wrong tomatoes, no matter ur cooking prowess the stew will have a bad taste
Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by babythug(f): 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2017
darlenese:

Eyaa, sorry about that, that's the reason I dnt allow hubby buy my tomatoes, a good stew starts from the market, if u get the wrong tomatoes, no matter ur cooking prowess the stew will have a bad taste

I learnt that lesson the bitter and hard way! Infact these days I buy the expensive ripe and somewhat big tomatoes just to avoid "stories that touch"

1 Like

Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by bbeautylik(f): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2017
I use to stay in a family house. so my first meal was ogbono and semo, I didn't know I married into a Bush family come and see yabing...... that what is this she! can't Cook !I cried my eyes out but my husband enjoyed the meal. Next I made fried rice they ate it without complaining ... The day I made rice and beans with too much salt was the end of it o.... See gossip that I can't cook o. I cook with too much salt o. We are many o in the compound. both people that have tasted my food and those who have stopped eating my food.

When I was single whenever I go places they credit my cooking

Now I don turn wife wey no sabi cook. that's my pain in marriage.

So poster,if your setting is like mine only dish out food when you know the is very good.
Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by bbeautylik(f): 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by babythug(f): 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2017
bbeautylik:
I use to stay in a family house. so my first meal was ogbono and semo, I didn't know I married into a Bush family come and see yabing...... that what is this she! can't Cook !I cried my eyes out but my husband enjoyed the meal. Next I made fried rice they ate it without complaining ... The day I made rice and beans with too much salt was the end of it o.... See gossip that I can't cook o. I cook with too much salt o. We are many o in the compound. both people that have tasted my food and those who have stopped eating my food.

When I was single whenever I go places they credit my cooking

Now I don turn wife wey no sabi cook. that's my pain in marriage.

So poster,if your setting is like mine only dish out food when you know the is very good.

Oh dear!!!

Pele oh, maybe it's the tension that causes your "spoon to bend the wrong way?"

See if pacing yourself, as in start early so no tension would help!
Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by babythug(f): 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2017
I guess I shouldn't have shared my story here! My husband returned home this weekend with a huge basket of ...........
........ Yep you guessed right sad

Baby Unripe tomatoes!!!!!

Chai see my life outside oh! We don begin the one chance! Been boiling for hours e nor gree done!

Abeg anyone with tips or ideas should help me survive this month oh lol
Re: Have U Ever Made A Very Bad Meal For Ur In-laws? by tuscani: 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2017
Lucky husband you have, some women do not bother to cook for Thier husband not to talk of any f***king in-laws,

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Easter Sales - Everything For The Family / How Do One Control One's Mouth Even When One Is Extremely Angry? / How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.