Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered (1803 Views)

My 7 Year Old Nephew Fingered A 3 Year Old Girl / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Lamanii22(f): 3:23am On Nov 07, 2021
Good morning nairalanders, my SO's nephew came home from school for the holidays, he is a good looking and a very bright boy, but he is light fingered, I placed money meant for gas on my baby's shelf which I planned to buy later yesterday, he was there when my SO gave me the money, I didn't have any negative thoughts towards him as I see him as my family... Now the money got missing, I couldn't find it, I informed my SO, he called his nephew to ask if he saw money and he answered "no"....

My SO says he trusts his nephew that maybe I dropped the money somewhere else... But I didn't change where the money was... I knew the boy took that money but I don't like to accuse people, even if I have got proof, I just don't know how to accuse people....

I just feel the boy needs help before he does something like this at school, the other time too it was my Milo and milk that got missing, he was around then too.... Or is that what is called kleptomania?

How do I deal with this? How can I be of help? He is a kind boy, we gist slot, you'd think he is my younger brother, we vibe together.... I just don't want anything to dent his image...

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Bola146(f): 3:56am On Nov 07, 2021
Are you truly taking care of the boy as your own? Hope he is not hungry making him to steal? Please check and balance it. How old is he? If he is 10 below please try to sit him down to let him know what is going on maybe he is not satisfied with the foods given to him but you have forgiven him, he shouldn't do it again. If he is older than 10 years, it's better you should be very vigilant. You can set a trap for him to show your husband. Besides the holidays will soon be over, from your discussions with him, you can use parables to teach him some lessons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Kobojunkie: 4:07am On Nov 07, 2021
What in the world is an SO? undecided

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Lamanii22(f): 4:09am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What in the world is an SO? undecided

Significant other(husband, partner), I'm sorry...

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by MEGA4BILLION(m): 4:10am On Nov 07, 2021
A thief is a thief. No need for sophisticated name; light finger ni

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Kobojunkie: 4:11am On Nov 07, 2021
Lamanii22:
How do I deal with this? How can I be of help? He is a kind boy, we gist slot, you'd think he is my younger brother, we vibe together.... I just don't want anything to dent his image...
Set up hidden camera to catch him in the act first. Then, in your sisterly voice, confront him with it and ask him why and go from there. undecided

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Mleeperbother: 4:54am On Nov 07, 2021
Lamanii22:
Good morning nairalanders, my SO's nephew came home from school for the holidays, he is a good looking and a very bright boy, but he is light fingered, I placed money meant for gas on my baby's shelf which I planned to buy later yesterday, he was there when my SO gave me the money, I didn't have any negative thoughts towards him as I see him as my family... Now the money got missing, I couldn't find it, I informed my SO, he called his nephew to ask if he saw money and he answered "no"....

My SO says he trusts his nephew that maybe I dropped the money somewhere else... But I didn't change where the money was... I knew the boy took that money but I don't like to accuse people, even if I have got proof, I just don't know how to accuse people....

I just feel the boy needs help before he does something like this at school, the other time too it was my Milo and milk that got missing, he was around then too.... Or is that what is called kleptomania?

Not kleptomania. Na normal stealing b dat.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by APCNig: 5:02am On Nov 07, 2021
Lamanii22:

There is nothing like partner in Nigeria. If you are living sleeping with someone you are not married too, then you are nothing but a cheap nothing and you are not different from the thief around you. You and your co-sinner are fornicating, while the nephew is stealing. A fornicator /adulterer cannot point fingers at a thief. They are same.

The above position is valid if you are not married to the man you are living and fuccking. Otherwise, it's invalid

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Davash222(m): 5:44am On Nov 07, 2021
Lamanii22:

So, you're ashamed to accept you're living with a man that is not yet your husband hence you're using SO to address him?

Just as the person above me said, you're a fornicator. You need help more than the petty thief.

Ndi SO undecided

9 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by blackboy(m): 5:51am On Nov 07, 2021
Tell you husband or else from stealing it will be ....
The enemy within is worse than the enemy outside.
Fear him. All that kind, nice guy, chat na scam. Pray you don't see the real him.
You think those crazy cultist, or armed robbers, yahoo boys, rapist etc are looking or always talking mad? No ! Fine boys, clean, speak right , charming ..All in some cases but they are devils. Take action ASAP

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by decatalyst(m): 5:52am On Nov 07, 2021
You wrote "light finger" Abi nah little finger.

A thief is a thief why color it?

Nah una dey praise Nigeria politicians for doing the road they managed to do with substandard materials.

I am angry at you for this undecided And what is "SO"? Haba! Don't goan write like this where it matters ooo.

But you know the interesting thing about your Nephew? He will do it again. Just be patient.

Also tell you hubby about it and just ask him to take note.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Sonnobax15(m): 6:26am On Nov 07, 2021
lipsrsealed
How you go accuse person before without proof? undecided. It might even be that you were the one who misplaced the money self lipsrsealed. This thing dey always dey happen to me as at back then self, whereas I go just dey accuse my innocent younger brother... Later on i go cor see the money.

But if you Still have the feeling say na that your nephew steal am,una better correct am now before he go carry that bad character go school wey go make am collect massively undecided
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by WoundedLamb: 6:37am On Nov 07, 2021
Lol... Nigerians are so judgemental. The righteous ones above are already attacking the OP for being such a sinner. They say she consensually sleeping with a man without signing legal papers is worst than the activities of the budding criminal. That's probably true assuming everyone has the same religion. But as far as logic is concerned, nothing is worse than an act that hurts or encroaches into the rights of another party. Shutting her down cause her lifestyle doesn't conform to your religion makes you no different from bokoharam. It's OK if non of y'all has ever slept with someone who isn't your spouse, but she's here to seek advice on how to deal with someone who steals other people's belongings, and not how to be a saint according to your religion. Respect other people's personal space.

OP, presently, it is your words against his. Try to get some evidence, and then confront him with it in a non punitive manner. This will open a channel for you to reach and help him.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by muller101(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2021
Work on him now. Else he will grow up to become a vulture griller.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by NwaAmaikpe: 9:39am On Nov 07, 2021
shocked

God save us from endtime wives.
Your husband's nephew who just began living with you is already fingering you?

I understand that he is kind, you gist alot, you vibe together and you do not want to dent his image but Hanty, except you are Potiphar's wife, that shouldn't be your concern here.
You should be after stopping further thefts from him by any means necessary.

Explain the double standards.
You'd cheer on a mob as they lynch a suspected thief and wish the same for our corrupt politicians but you're allowing sentiments and lust not let you see the evil in the monster your husband has brought into his home.

Tufiakwa.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by paschal47(m): 9:52am On Nov 07, 2021
This is the problem I have with this generation, what the hell is all this?

SO or significant other?
Light fingered?

Learn to call it what it is!

SO = husband
Light fingered = thief

If your nephew is a thief, treat him like one so he knows it's wrong and stop painting the name. angry angry

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by crackhaus: 9:54am On Nov 07, 2021
Nigerian women sef...

Man relative wey never settle down finish to enjoy him holiday, he's already being accused of stealing. grin

Oya just be hiding money from now on.
But sha don't go and hide it somewhere that you too will forget where you kept it and then start suspecting the boy again. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Biglittlelois(f): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2021
Lamanii22 dear kiss, before I lambast two fools above that took their miserable time to insult you and assumed that your SO means something other than your husband, can you clear it up for me, your Significant Other is your husband correct?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by CR777: 11:07am On Nov 07, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I understand that he is kind, you gist alot, you vibe together and you do not want to dent his image but Hanty, except you Potiphar's wife, those shouldn't be your concern here.

You'd cheer on a mob as they lynch a suspected thief and wish the same for our corrupt politicians but you're allowing sentiments and lust not let you see the evil in the monster your husband has brought into his home.

Tufiakwa.

Hahaha, u eh, I love bro
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Lamanii22(f): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Lamanii22 dear kiss, before I lambast two fools above that took their miserable time to insult you and assumed that your SO means something other than your husband, can you clear it up for me, your Significant Other is your husband correct?

Yes.... Lol .. thank you Lois hun

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Lamanii22(f): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2021
paschal47:
This is the problem I have with this generation, what the hell is all this?

SO or significant other?
Light fingered?

Learn to call it what it is!

SO = husband
Light fingered = thief

If your nephew is a thief, treat him like one so he knows it's wrong and stop painting the name. angry angry

Light-fingered is still better than calling someone a thief, calling someone a thief doesn't go well with my body.... I used SO cause the word "husband" will be too much in my sentences, I didn't want that....

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Lamanii22(f): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I understand that he is kind, you gist alot, you vibe together and you do not want to dent his image but Hanty, except you Potiphar's wife, those shouldn't be your concern here.

Tufiakwa.

What is this one saying... Maybe you lack comprehension sir I don't know.... I didn't point an accusing finger, I just wanted to help the boy that's all .... I think you're over using "savagery" yeah.... Just this one time, don't be a savage and read to understand before making a comment on this post....

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Lamanii22(f): 11:22am On Nov 07, 2021
APCNig:

There us nothing like partner in Nigeria. If you are living sleeping with someone you are not married too, then you are nothing but a cheap nothing and you are not different from the thief around you. You and your co-sinner are fornicating, while the nephew is stealing. A fornicator /adulterer cannot point fingers at a thief. They are same.

The above position is valid if you are not married to the man you are living and fuccking. Otherwise, it's invalid

Y'all lack comprehension... I swearrrr....

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Lamanii22(f): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Lol... Nigerians are so judgemental. The righteous ones above are already attacking the OP for being such a sinner. They say she consensually sleeping with a man without signing legal papers is worst than the activities of the budding criminal. That's probably true assuming everyone has the same religion. But as far as logic is concerned, nothing is worse than an act that hurts or encroaches into the rights of another party. Shutting her down cause her lifestyle doesn't conform to your religion makes you no different from bokoharam. It's OK if non of y'all has ever slept with someone who isn't your spouse, but she's here to seek advice on how to deal with someone who steals other people's belongings, and not how to be a saint according to your religion. Respect other people's personal space.

OP, presently, it is your words against his. Try to get some evidence, and then confront him with it in a non punitive manner. This will open a channel for you to reach and help him.

Thank you, I didn't accuse him, I just want to help him, that's all... Evidence is just all I need and I would then talk to him in a subtle manner...

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Lamanii22(f): 11:25am On Nov 07, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
A thief is a thief. No need for sophisticated name; light finger ni

It's cruel to call someone that..... It's just the way I am ...

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Lamanii22(f): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Set up hidden camera to catch him in the act first. Then, in your sisterly voice, confront him with it and ask him why and go from there. undecided

Best comment so far..... I'd just do this... Thank you...

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2021

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by frozen70(f): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2021
Lamanii22:

Most people who pick people things are always kind and welcoming, simply because they want you to be comfortable with them while the work on you

Take the bold step, seat him down before your SO, tell him that you have noticed that anytime he is around thinks gets missing, mention those things

Then Let him know that any other time you observe such in the house that will be his last visits to the house

Leave the rest for both of them to tackle and just go your way

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by chloride6: 2:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
Lol, just keep your money better next time.

Are you married?
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by APCNig: 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
Lamanii22:

Y'all lack comprehension... I swearrrr....

But I have objective and essay. That's all I need to pass WAEC English grin You unrepentant fornicator and adulterer. If you try anything with that boy, you will be kicked out to the cold streets.
Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by Biglittlelois(f): 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
[s]
APCNig:

But I have objective and essay. That's all I need to pass WAEC English grin You unrepentant fornicator and adulterer. If you try anything with that boy, you will be kicked out to the cold streets.
[/s]

After she has clarified herself as a married woman, you still had to prove us right that you are a spitttle dropping irredeemable zombie, nobody made you miserable in life, you did that to yourself, have sense.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Your Partner's Nephew Who Is Light-fingered by ahnie: 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
crackhaus:
Nigerian women sef...

Man relative wey never settle down finish to enjoy him holiday, he's already being accused of stealing. grin

Oya just be hiding money from now on.
But sha don't go and hide it somewhere that you too will forget where you kept it and then start suspecting the boy again. cheesy
Banana

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Scold My Ill-behaved Wife? / Should I Relocate And Stay With My Husband Or Should I Continue My Work? / Is This really Incest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.