Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,675 members, 7,820,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! (3730 Views)

Nairaland Mathematicians And Physicists, Come And Try This. / Mathematicians, Come And Try These Four Challenges. / Mathematicians In The House. I Need Your Help On Mensuration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by Fela40: 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
joshuakdboy:

that's my whatsapp number.

I also sent you a mail

Seen
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by afo7219: 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
Fela40:

Attempt this last one...

Both answers are correct, but I assume I didn't give you a unique one to answer.

Indian restaurant has 60% of spicy dishes in the menu and the rest are non-spicy. Analysis shown that in 2016 75% of the spicy dishes were profitable, but 75% of the non-spicy dishes were unprofitable. If the restaurant has a total of 40 dishes, and broke even on none of them, how many of their dishes were profitable?
.75×.6×40=18
Ans = 18 dishes profitable
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by Best978: 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
Fela40:

brilliant Mehn.

lol... This is your first attempt I guess.

This last question is for you alone.

In a group of 68 students, each student is registered for at least one of three classes - History, Math and English. Twenty-five students are registered for History, twenty-five students are registered for Math, and thirty-four students are registered for English. If only three students are registered for all three classes, how many students are registered for exactly two classes?
Judging from your statement. that means every of the student is registered for a class.

Take XYZ as the name of the subjects

Sum = (Students in X) + (Students in Y) + (Students in Z) - (Students in XY/XZ) - *2(Students in XYZ) - (Students in none)

Equating 68 = 25 + 25 + 34 - (students in XY/XZ) - 2*3 + 0 ( students in XY/XZ)= 10

hope im correct... anything wd be appreciated grin
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
Why am i always late.. Mr. Fela40, pls is there any extra questions left for my humble self.. Pls i am in dire need of money
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by afo7219: 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
Fela40:

brilliant Mehn.

In a group of 68 students, each student is registered for at least one of three classes - History, Math and English. Twenty-five students are registered for History, twenty-five students are registered for Math, and thirty-four students are registered for English. If only three students are registered for all three classes, how many students are registered for exactly two classes?
the answer is 19 students
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by afo7219: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2017
afo7219:
the answer is 19 students
explanation to the answer.
Universal set 68
H= 25
M=25
E=34
HnMnE= 3
Using Venn diagram
25+25+34-x-y-z+3=68
X+y+z= 87-68= 19
Where x,y,z are those doing exactly two subjects
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
Fela40:

brilliant Mehn.

let M = {Maths}
E = {English}
H = {History }

using set algebra (pardon my notations)

n(AuBuC)= n(A) + n(B) + n(C) - n(AnBnC') - n(AnCnB') - n(BnCnA') - 2*n(AnBnC)

we will have 68 = 25 + 25 + 34 - 2(3) - (sum of those who offered exactly two subjects)

68 = 78 - x

x = (78 - 68)

x = 10
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
afo7219:
explanation to the answer.
Universal set 68
H= 25
M=25
E=34
HnMnE= 3
Using Venn diagram
25+25+34-x-y-z+3=68
X+y+z= 87-68= 19
Where x,y,z are those doing exactly two subjects

sorry to correct you. The set algebra formula you used doesn't give those who offered exactly two subjects, it gives those who offered at least 2 subjects...(Draw A Venn Diagram)

to get those who offered exactly three subjects, you need to subtract thrice those who offered all subjects

19 - 3(3) = 10
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by Femmat: 2:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
John bought two clocks, which were sold for $96 each. If he had a profit of 20 percent on the sale of one of the clocks but a loss of 20 percent on the sale of the other clock, then on the sale of both clocks combined John has
The answer to the question is $198
Question 2

The third-place finisher of the Allen County hot dog eating contest, in which each contestant was given an equal amount of time to eat as many hot dogs as possible, required an average of 15 seconds to consume each hot dog. How many hot dogs did the winner eat? (1) The winner consumed 24 more hot dogs than did the third-place finisher.(2) The winner consumed hot dogs at double the rate of the third-place finisher.
The answer to this question is 48 hot dogs
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by ikbnice(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
I love mathematics though it's time consuming
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by kennyjam: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
ok
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by Drniyi4u(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
hayurmidey:
Why am i always late.. Mr. Fela40, pls is there any extra questions left for my humble self.. Pls i am in dire need of money
Same here o
cc: Fela40
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by deain1(m): 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2017
For question 1:
The 2 clocks were purchased at
$96 * 2 = $192.

if the first clock was sold for $96 @ 20% profit, it implies that
profit = 0.2 * 96 = $19.2
therefore, total amount recovered from the sale of one of the clocks is
$19.2 +$96 = $115.2.
if the second clock was sold for $96 @ 20% loss, it implies that
loss = 0.2 * 96 = $19.2
therefore, total amount recovered from the sale of the other clock is
$96 - $19.2 = $76.8.

Now, total amount recovered from the sale of the two clocks is:
$115.2 + $76.8 = $192.
it is therefore very obvious there was No Loss and No Gain in the overall transaction.

For question 2.
Hints given;
1. it takes the 3rd place winner average of 15sec to consume a hotdog.
2. 1st winner consumed 24 more hotdogs than the 3rd winner
3. 1st winner ate at twice/double the rate of the 3rd winner.

So,
let X be the total number of hotdogs consumed by the 3rd winner.

and the 1st winner consumed
24 + X

consuming at twice the rate of 3rd winner implies finishing it at
15/2 = 7.5sec

therefore, total number consumed by the 3rd winner is
(15X) / (24 + X) = 7.5
X = 24.
and the winner consumed
24 + 24 = 48 Hotdogs
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by captainbangz: 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ogah fela40, its no fair oh! I answered the question first.
Fela40:

lol.. are you contradicting yourself? The correct answer is NIL
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by IukkyAitee(f): 9:45am On Aug 19, 2017
Any more free money to give out??
Re: Mathematicians Come And Get Free Money!! by Fabuloski(m): 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How Students In Higher Institution Look Like When Its Exam Period (pic) / Oldest Exercise Book Ever / Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria For The Year 2014(experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.