Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) (48416 Views)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / Customs Discovers New Method Of Smuggling Foreign Rice (Photos) / Customs Intercept 2 Dangote Trucks Filled With 365 Bags Of Fake Rice(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by soberdrunk(m): 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
Abeg when is the next Customs auction? I go like bid for that Bentley angry

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by LordVoldemort(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
rifasenate11:

and how do you know that no import duties was paid on it??

Any sensible person knows the answer to your idiotic question.

What is the main reason people smuggle goods that are not contraband into the country?
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Fazemood(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
That Ride Is Lovely, Why Smuggle It? Definitely, Its Noticeable
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by babs50g: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
@soberdrunk. if ever the Custom auction can be transparent then Nigeria as a nation is determined to fight corruption to the fullest. but i doubt the transparency of The NCS. These remind me of Buba Gyang the CG of custom who was alleged to have a case on on 2,000 plus vehicles unaccounted for.

The profligacy in the NCS is bigger than corruption.
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by yelinco1(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
I doubt this sh*t you call story....
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by AuroraB(f): 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2017
Freaking Eva soap ain't Nigerian made shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Ha!
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by wizod(m): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
rifasenate11:
when has used car parts(shock absorbers) become a contraband in Nigeria??..
now u knw dat Nigeria is a joke in all ramification
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Miamibutch(m): 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
The recent seizure of luxury cars and other stuffs proves someone somewhere is doing a good job.... BTW that Bently looks fabulous.
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
A Plea For Help

i sincerely plead with everyone in this forum to lend a helping hand to my case, as i am broken, confused and basically at the mercy of harsh realities
i am a final year student in a state polytechnic and a freelance computer engineer which has sustained me in school since year 2 as well as enabled me contribute my quota to my family.
since the recession began my little startup has faced little or no patronage(the case with everyone) and trust me being a fighter i forged on regarless of if i had cash or was cashless.

A couple of Bad Deals and an unfortunate work related accident has left me in debt to the tune of 89,000 and i am facing deadlines which have all left me shattered and confused. i am currently afraid of my creditors meanwhile my own debtors (3 in number have either absconded from town or blocked me from reaching them)
Two of my creditors have already threatened to block me from defending my Final project and writing my exams which i have seen happen to others before. i am totally fearful of having 5 years of struggle to see myself through school destroyed by this.

i plead with anyone with a listening ear to help me with whatever amount you can, nothing is to small or to big

i know lots of people take advantage of this kind of situation to prey on people's goodwill and profit irresponsibly but i am not of that stock ( i intend to dupe or scam no one), i have never gone as far as this before but with the weight on my shoulder,my fears and the realization that no one around wants to help me, i have no choice.

i dont care if i have money to feed or in my account, i have seen worse than that but i just want to clear up this debts and have peace of mind, focus on my final exams, look for innovative means of improving my little startup and contribute meaninfully to the society without anyone breathing down my back.

Please Help in anyway. Thank you FOR YOU AUDIENCE and Godbless you.

Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by symbianDON(m): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
na today?? the time dem go 'settle' themselves carry bentley give the owner we no go hear again o grin by the way, poor man de buy bentley? abeg make dem just allow me select better shock absorbers from those ones wey I de look so....dem resemble grade one toks
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by buffalowings: 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2017
Eva soap

Smuggled

Naija Don finish
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by konfused: 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
itiswellandwell:
Na that EVA SOAP tire me. i never knew that EVA SOAP used to be imported. NIGERIA, EVEN ORDINARY BATHING SOAP, YOU CANNOT PRODUCE. is it that bad?

Check my signature for your CUSTOMISED ATM CARD FLASH DRIVE ID CARD.

Eva soap has both foreign and Nigerian made, but the foreign one has more fragrance than Nigerian own, hence the profitability of the foreign.

That brings to the fore the many issues wrong with this country, every means of check and balances that is supposed to make sure standard goods are being produced in Nigeria are not working.
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Eluwilussit(m): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2017
itsdumebi:
The Nigerian customs has announced the seizure of some smuggled exotic vehicles, soap, concealed bags of rice and bales of clothes and bags.

In a statement made available to PoliticsNGR, the Owerri command of the Nigerian customs says that the seizures were in line with its Anti-smuggling agenda.

It read; "NCS intensified Anti-smuggling activities has continued to yield more results as the Federal Operations Units, Zone "C" Owerri, intercepted smuggled exotic cars and contrabands such as soaps, Bales of used clothes and bags of Rice concealed in container laden with car parts, luxurious bus, and trucks respectively".

Below are photographs;

http://politicsngr.com/2017/08/18/customs-seize-smuggled-bentley-bags-rice-photos/

How can a container contain 1 Bentley, luxurious bus, and truck? Plus all the other items listed? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by ROBO1722: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2017
[quote author=itiswellandwell post=59600787]Na that EVA SOAP tire me. i never knew that EVA SOAP used to be imported. NIGERIA, EVEN ORDINARY BATHING SOAP, YOU CANNOT PRODUCE. is it that bad?

Check my signature for your CUSTOMISED ATM CARD FLASH DRIVE ID CARD.[/quote

ARE YOU NOT A NIGERIAN? CAN YOU PRODUCE SOAP?
MUST GOVERNMENT BE INVOLVED IN EVERYTHING IN THE COUNTRY?
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
ybalogs:
nah better car indeed ooo. Why smuggle such? Custom duty I guess?

Custom duty is insane this days
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
ybalogs:
nah better car indeed ooo. Why smuggle such? Custom duty I guess?
I will pay my duties jooor grin grin grin grin grin
I no smuggle am
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by grandstar(m): 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
HumanistMike:
The moment the Bentley owner learned they seized the car was the exact moment the owner knew the money that was to be saved via smuggling wasn't worth it.

Peep my signature. Ladies only.

When the import duty is at a very high percentage.

High tariff duties simply encourage smuggling or the informal sector.

1 Like

Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by LockDown69(m): 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2017
That's a Bentley GT continental. cool
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by nwoye72: 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
Anials,where are you when they enter the country.
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by olalekan225(m): 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
The moment the Bentley owner learned they seized the car. ill b like shift make I faint.

Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by burakado17: 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Ota Aje, got money to buy Bentley but no money to pay custom or am guessing its a stolen car from Europe or America.
I wonder o. Biafra every where.
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Liberal85(m): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
rifasenate11:
when has used car parts(shock absorbers) become a contraband in Nigeria??..
Go and educate yourself
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by igebobos(m): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nah so
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by MrCross: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
And na 1 persin go get THIS car like THAT...

Meanwhile...

Dis Life ehnnnn...
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Ota Aje, got money to buy Bentley but no money to pay custom or am guessing its a stolen car from Europe or America.
Errrr... No one steals car anymore from Europe or America to ship to Africa not Nowadays before you can ship any vehicle from the US or Europe there's a check ran through the police to make sure the vehicles are not stolen, especially on an expensive vehicle like a Bentley, things has changed now. trust me i know!
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by dayleke: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2017
Gbese re e o!!!!!!!
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by GMBuhari: 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
grin grin
seunny4lif:
shocked shocked
See my car i have been looking for it grin grin grin
I parked along Idi-Iroko road
Custom officers stole it
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by seunny4lif(m): 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
GMBuhari:
grin grin
Wetin angry angry
Person can't even lie in peace ?
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Martin0(m): 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hmmmm this custorm guy's gave him a high bill to pay,..
Mehn if it was me I would have pay the bribe and get my goods off..
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Martin0(m): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
gypsey:
Errrr... No one steals car anymore from Europe or America to ship to Africa not Nowadays before you can ship any vehicle from the US or Europe there's a check ran through the police to make sure the vehicles are not stolen, especially on an expensive vehicle like a Bentley, things has changed now. trust me i know!

Sure it true..grin

I suspect the bride the custorms are asking for was too much,but all thesame they just wanna use this to scare him,they will later reach to an agreement and he will get his goods back..
Re: Customs Seizes Smuggled Bentley, Bags Of Rice (Photos) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Martin0:

Sure it true..grin

I suspect the bride the custorms are asking for was too much,but all thesame they just wanna use this to scare him,they will later reach to an agreement and he will get his goods back..
you may be right

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ritualists Severe Girl's Head In Kwara, Sell Hands For ₦20,000 (Graphic Photo) / Suspected Thief Electrocuted As Transformer Blows In Festac (video) / Gunmen Kill Pastor Yohanna Abashiya, Kidnap His Daughter In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.