Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

My Opinion About Marginalization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion About Marginalization (531 Views)

What Is Your Opinion About The Nigeria Land Border Closure? / Olufunke Awolowo: Awolowo's Opinion About Buhari Before He Died — Grand Daughter / FCT Indigenes Protest Unclad In Abuja Over Marginalization (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion About Marginalization by ayoncox: 12:43pm On Aug 18, 2017
Truth and Perspectives: essentially truth is absolute but the way look at it differs. You put a cup with water before a class of students and asked about their perspectives. Some say it is half full, some say it is half empty which results in facts.
Presently almost every part of Nigeria is seeking for political independence, following the path of Self Determination. The Eastern part of Nigeria are seeking for Biafra Republic, the west are agitating for Oduduwa Republic. We have Niger Delta Republic in the South South. The North Central called their Middle Belt, I guess that we will soon be hearing Arewa Republic when the polity becomes highly heated.
Truth and Perspectives I say, every one almost is playing our usual victim mentality. The Igbos are saying they are highly marginalized, following after the connotated acronym or nickname given to them which is IBO meaning I Before Others. The Niger Delta People are highly Marginalized, their lands have been wasted without adequate economic reinforcements.
If I should go along the path of Distortion Field Concept, I will say by perspective that we are all marginalized, because there are different kinds of marginalization. We have economic marginalization, employment marginalization,political marginalization, religious marginalization, academic marginalization and industrial marginalization among many others
Many of the Nigerian youths are Marginalized
The Doctors are Marginalized
Engineering Graduates are Marginalized
The Minorities of the Minorities of ethnic groups are Marginalized, even more than the Igbos...
If we should be shouting Marginalization, we all are victims, and like how His Royal Highness Sanusi Lamido Sanusi wrote in 1999 when he was a General Manager of a Bank. As he said 'There are two tribes in Nigeria, The Elites and the Masses'.
So eventually after all agitation has been listened to, when Oduduwa or Biafra becomes independent. When the youths who are clamouring for Leadership positions eventually gets their request answered, know this there will be two tribes that is The Elites and The Masses.
I will like to say that the son or daughter of and Elite is an Elite, take it or leave it, they attend the best schools in the world, they get juicy positions. They are even prepared by their Elite parents for political rulership, yet the Young masses refuse to see or take up such issues, no wonder Olusegun Obasanjo do comically say 'the youths are not ready for leadership.
In my absolute response of truth, though in perspective, playing victim will never result in any change.
The greatest Self Determination is when a person or group of people decide not to blame others for their limitation but look at the limitations and say I (we) will turn you to streams of opportunities. And that can be only derived by looking inwardly, Let the Easterners look inwardly, let the youth look inwardly, let the Oduduwa people look inwardly, because True Change is a process and it begins from within
Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by eezeribe(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2017
OK
Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
Quite an article...you have written well
Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by ayoncox: 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2017
freddywells81:
Quite an article...you have written well

Thanks Fred
Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by dlondonbadboy: 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2017
Beautiful nonsense..

You made no point..

So unemployed people like sarkki should be looking inward? Inward to where? Those farmers fulanis keep killing should be looking inward? Abi ogoni people should be looking inward? Or the biafrans that are killed per second?

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by ayoncox: 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Beautiful nonsense..

You made no point..

So unemployed people like sarkki should be looking inward? Inward to where? Those farmers fulanis keep killing should be looking inward? Abi ogoni people should be looking inward? Or the biafrans that are killed per second?

You may be right based on Truth and perspective. I am one of those that hate victim mentality, I have been cheated several times, void of opportunities many times but when I realize that my true success does not lie in the hand of anybody but myself I stop depending on people or even the government. If I were to advise the Benue or Igbo people who are being attacked by Fulani I will say look within, solve the problem yourself and stop shouting we are helpless.
The Jew loss the land over 600 years ago to the Arabian, their land became known as Palestine. But in the 1900s they look inward, went back there as settlers and in 28 years there about they created a self sustaining economy without shouting Government. By 1948 they enforced their determination for Israel and today they are still Isreal despite the various attacks.
Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by dlondonbadboy: 1:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
ayoncox:

You may be right based on Truth and perspective. I am one of those that hate victim mentality, I have been cheated several times, void of opportunities many times but when I realize that my true success does not lie in the hand of anybody but myself I stop depending on people or even the government. If I were to advise the Benue or Igbo people who are being attacked by Fulani I will say look within, solve the problem yourself and stop shouting we are helpless.
The Jew loss the land over 600 years ago to the Arabian, their land became known as Palestine. But in the 1900s they look inward, went back there as settlers and in 28 years there about they created a self sustaining economy without shouting Government. By 1948 they enforced their determination for Israel and today they are still Isreal despite the various attacks.

So you are saying there should be no need to protest or question the government, if there is any problem we should look inward.
A saraki or two would send his children abroad to school while my school here is on strike and you say I should look inward?
My land would feed the entire nation but pollution would destroy that land making me very poor and helpless and you still want me to look inward..
Maybe I'm not really understanding..look at who inward?

Is it the fault of a young man that after his university degree he is unemployed? Who should he be looking at?

If you are in one of those Bokoharam ravished regions, which inward would you look to?
No light in Nigeria! And we have people that collect serious money executing and legislating but we don't have light in Nigeria. No jobs in Nigeria. No good hospitals in Nigeria.
You don't understand...

These things are not luxury..these are supposed to be normal things....and you want them to look at who inward?

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by ayoncox: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
dlondonbadboy:

So you are saying there should be no need to protest or question the government, if there is any problem we should look inward.
A saraki or two would send his children abroad to school while my school here is on strike and you say I should look inward?
My land would feed the entire nation but pollution would destroy that land making me very poor and helpless and you still want me to look inward..
Maybe I'm not really understanding..look at who inward?

Is it the fault of a young man that after his university degree he is unemployed? Who should he be looking at?

If you are in one of those Bokoharam ravished regions, which inward would you look to?
No light in Nigeria! And we have people that collect serious money executing and legislating but we don't have light in Nigeria. No jobs in Nigeria. No good hospitals in Nigeria.
You don't understand...

These things are not luxury..these are supposed to be normal things....and you want them to look at who inward?

Friend, I do not mean to say it is all about looking inward, or avoidance of protest. All I am saying is that before you start shouting Marginalization, look inward and ask how have I allowed myself to be marginalized. What is my essence that cannot be trampled upon. If I were to be Nnamdi Kanu or the Other guys seeking for Oduduwa, I will look inward, how have we as a people contributed to our problems. If the solution is to shout or protest after looking inward ensure you do that, if it is silence but dangerous innovative activities take initiative. Life does not favour people who just make useless nose, Life favours people who realize who they are and what they want and are moving forward pursuing it, whether by shouting or in silence...
Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
ayoncox:

Thanks Fred

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by dlondonbadboy: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
ayoncox:

Friend, I do not mean to say it is all about looking inward, or avoidance of protest. All I am saying is that before you start shouting Marginalization, look inward and ask how have I allowed myself to be marginalized. What is my essence that cannot be trampled upon. If I were to be Nnamdi Kanu or the Other guys seeking for Oduduwa, I will look inward, how have we as a people contributed to our problems. If the solution is to shout or protest after looking inward ensure you do that, if it is silence but dangerous innovative activities take initiative. Life does not favour people who just make useless nose, Life favours people who realize who they are and what they want and are moving forward pursuing it, whether by shouting or in silence...

So how do you know those who have looked inward and those who haven't? And how are you sure Nnamdi kanu has not looked inward before declaring its BIAFRA or death...?
An unemployed youth without a job has been marginalized. He shouldn't sit at home like a fool looking inward. He should look for money anyhow and leave Nigeria, because Nigeria is not for the youth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion About Marginalization by solid3(m): 2:06pm On Aug 18, 2017
Nice one OP.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Too Old To Warrant Response – Reps / Buhari And APC Should Stop Crying. They Started Hate Speech / The Speech President Buhari Failed To Deliver-dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.