Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:24 PM

How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? (851 Views)

How Do I Go With Blogging Using Mobile Phone? / Blogging For Profit: 15 Secrets On How To Make Money With Blogging / How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by SmartyPants(m): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello gents and ladies. I would appreciate some advice from the experienced hands in the house.

I would like to start up a blog but i understand from experience that it is easy to waste time and money in this business. So i want to get it right this time.

Now lets assume:

1. Money is no object. I have the money to spend on making a decent blog. I have the writing skills, and i'm willing to hire writers and editors when the time for that comes.

2. Time is no object (to some extent). I'm willing to wait 6 months to break even.

3. I have a background in business and fitness.

To those who have experience, what would you say is the smartest niche to go into at this time, and what steps do i need to take to run a professional blog?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated, and i'm sure some others can learn from whatever you guys will have to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by ITbomb(m): 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
There are 5 basic things you need for a great blog

Quality Content (Even if you do copy and paste , add more information)
Social Spread (Buy or grow a active facebook page for engaging social spread)
Good domain name (easy to remember and related to your content)
SEO
Good Blog design (basically fast loading and easy to navigate)

That's the summary

For the niche, blog on what you have passion for so that updates will come naturally to you BUT then, no matter what niche you blog, if you have the cash, set up a general or entertainment blog alongside it can be useful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by excanny: 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
You can plan to set up 2 blogs, one for business and other on fitness.

Once you can write good stuffs, within 6 months, you will dedicated readers and get back your investment.

I am a professional web designer I can help you set up these 2 blogs with customized looks to your taste, and help you out with good SEO techniques to rake in traffic. Call/whatsapp me on 07030595988, lets talk further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by SmartyPants(m): 2:48pm On Aug 18, 2017
excanny:
You can plan to set up 2 blogs, one for business and other on fitness.

Once you can write good stuffs, within 6 months, you will dedicated readers and get back your investment.

I am a professional web designer I can help you set up these 2 blogs with customized looks to your taste, and help you out with good SEO techniques to rake in traffic. Call/whatsapp me on 07030595988, lets talk further.

Seen.

I may give you a call. But before that, if you don't mind, can you give myself and other interested readers an idea of what a good budget is for a very professional looking blog?

Both in terms of sunk costs and overheads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by opportunihub: 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Can you take a look at this blog: TechMatas.com?? Does it look professional to you? Creating a professional blog nowadays is not as expensive as it used to be unless if you want to go for some premium contents. It will cost you between N8000 to N15000 for a good webhosting service.

I encourage you to set up just one blog for now and make sure you grow it to a certain height before going into another. I can help you get it done exactly or more better than mine....but first search and read this article ....How I built a Successful Blog With little Capital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by excanny: 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2017
SmartyPants:

Seen.

I may give you a call. But before that, if you don't mind, can you give myself and other interested readers an idea of what a good budget is for a very professional looking blog?

Both in terms of sunk costs and overheads.

I can't disclose price details here, but there 3 price ranges I charge for blogs, depending on page speed, level of customization, provisions for monetization.

Since you are starting up, you may compromise on customization and personal ads, but never on page speed(no one is interested in wasting time opening your articles, this will put you in my mid-range charge).
Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by SmartyPants(m): 3:38pm On Aug 18, 2017
opportunihub:
Can you take a look at this blog: TechMatas.com?? Does it look professional to you? Creating a professional blog nowadays is not as expensive as it used to be unless if you want to go for some premium contents. It will cost you between N8000 to N15000 for a good webhosting service.

I encourage you to set up just one blog for now and make sure you grow it to a certain height before going into another. I can help you get it done exactly or more better than mine....but first search and read this article ....How I built a Successful Blog With little Capital

Thanks. Reading the article at the moment...
Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by SmartyPants(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
excanny:

I can't disclose price details here, but there 3 price ranges I charge for blogs, depending on page speed, level of customization, provisions for monetization.

Since you are starting up, you may compromise on customization and personal ads, but never on page speed(no one is interested in wasting time opening your articles, this will put you in my mid-range charge).

Thanks for your contribution. When i am shopping for designers i will keep you in mind.
Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by SmartyPants(m): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
Things i would really appreciate some input on are:

1. How many articles should be produced daily?
2. What is the best length of article for SEO? Best length for human readers?
3. When to expect the earliest revenue if production is at a high level?
4. Possible monetization schemes
5. Full estimate of startup costs.
6. What can i do to beat the usually long period of time it takes to start making profits?

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by ITbomb(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
SmartyPants:
Things i would really appreciate some input on are:
Thanks again.
It all depends on the niche you finally choose

Gen/Ent = min of 10 daily, Tech = min of 1 daily, Specialized eg health, fitness, legal etc = min of 1 in 3 days

SEO requires at least 400 words with keyword density of 1% avg but for Gen/Ent you dont really need SEO, just a line with good images can get you good traffic from social media

Gen/Ent with active FB group/page = 1 month, Others = 6 months because most of traffic will be from search engines and you have to build your Domain Authority/SEO be able to rank well

Adsense, Adquet, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts (when you rank well in Alexa and have good traffic)

DomainKing and Whogohost hosting/domain = less than 10k
Foreign host like siteground = $50
In case of Gen/Ent, FB group or page is a must. Get a ready one for about 20k - 30k (>50k members/likes)
Design = na there we go chop your money

6. What can i do to beat the usually long period of time it takes to start making profits?
Nothing
Your main aim should be to satisfy your audience, once you do that, the profits come in
if you want to do like others, you will end up hung and dried and we will be seeing your next nairaland topic like "Fully design blog for sale with adsense"

BTW, Gen/Ent means General and Entertainment news blog
Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by SmartyPants(m): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2017
ITbomb:

It all depends on the niche you finally choose

Gen/Ent = min of 10 daily, Tech = min of 1 daily, Specialized eg health, fitness, legal etc = min of 1 in 3 days

SEO requires at least 400 words with keyword density of 1% avg but for Gen/Ent you dont really need SEO, just a line with good images can get you good traffic from social media

Gen/Ent with active FB group/page = 1 month, Others = 6 months because most of traffic will be from search engines and you have to build your Domain Authority/SEO be able to rank well

Adsense, Adquet, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts (when you rank well in Alexa and have good traffic)

DomainKing and Whogohost hosting/domain = less than 10k
Foreign host like siteground = $50
In case of Gen/Ent, FB group or page is a must. Get a ready one for about 20k - 30k (>50k members/likes)
Design = na there we go chop your money

Nothing
Your main aim should be to satisfy your audience, once you do that, the profits come in
if you want to do like others, you will end up hung and dried and we will be seeing your next nairaland topic like "Fully design blog for sale with adsense"

BTW, Gen/Ent means General and Entertainment news blog

Thanks bruv... this is an extremely helpful response.

Are you a developer? How much do you usually charge for blogs?
Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by excanny: 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2017
For better SEO, one of the things you must do is design with valid markup codes. So if you want search engines to like your site, your blog must be written or customized by someone who understands his stuff, not some charlatans you commonly find around.
Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2017
SmartyPants:
Hello gents and ladies. I would appreciate some advice from the experienced hands in the house.

I would like to start up a blog but i understand from experience that it is easy to waste time and money in this business. So i want to get it right this time.

Now lets assume:

1. Money is no object. I have the money to spend on making a decent blog. I have the writing skills, and i'm willing to hire writers and editors when the time for that comes.

2. Time is no object (to some extent). I'm willing to wait 6 months to break even.

3. I have a background in business and fitness.

To those who have experience, what would you say is the smartest niche to go into at this time, and what steps do i need to take to run a professional blog?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated, and i'm sure some others can learn from whatever you guys will have to say.

Wow.. I thought I wrote this lol.. This resonates so much with me when I set out to blog. Take a look at www.entmirror.com and tell me what you think. I don't mind connecting with you. At least, to help In any way I can. Including guiding you into blogging. Blogging entails lots of things, not just having the ability to write.

Wishing you good luck

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by ITbomb(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2017
SmartyPants:

Thanks bruv... this is an extremely helpful response.

Are you a developer? How much do you usually charge for blogs?
if you are on telegram, add me @ictunit

I charge only for design n SEO, you will choose your domain name and if on WP, handle your hosting wahala with your provider
Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by SmartyPants(m): 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
ITbomb:

if you are on telegram, add me @ictunit

I charge only for design n SEO, you will choose your domain name and if on WP, handle your hosting wahala with your provider

Ait bro imma be in touch
Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by SmartyPants(m): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2017
EntMirror:

Wow.. I thought I wrote this lol.. This resonates so much with me when I set out to blog. Take a look at www.entmirror.com and tell me what you think. I don't mind connecting with you. At least, to help In any way I can. Including guiding you into blogging. Blogging entails lots of things, not just having the ability to write.

Wishing you good luck

I'd definitely love to connect with you coz I'm actually a fan of what you do on your blog
Re: How Can I Get Started With Blogging At A Professional Level? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2017
SmartyPants:

I'd definitely love to connect with you coz I'm actually a fan of what you do on your blog

I'm honored. Ping me on whatsapp let's connect

(1) (Reply)

I Need Web Designer / Codeforum.tech Is A Software Enterprise / Very Active Facebook Page With 51k Likes For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.