Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs (23068 Views)

#free But Only For Serious People Who Will Practice The Skill. / Please My People, Who Know BUA Cement Group Of Coy? / Please My People, Who Have Heard About This Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2017
eee777:

this is the truth. some Nigerians will even boast that this one na job? "My mouse click a day is your annual salary "

Ask them what they do on the internet and is nothing other than GET QUICK RICH SCHEME/GAMBLING - binary options, baba ijebu, football betting. ponzi , yahoo yahoo, credit card theft etc etc
I'm yet to find the Bill Gates, Mark Zuberberg, Steve Jobs, Larry Page, Sargy Brin etc of Nigeria

Non of the highlighted above creates wealth / services. How many Nigerian youths on this platform can boasts of running agro. ict & electrical services. Things that bring about VALUES and INNOVATIONS than those worthless things I mentioned. What if all us as a nation is into these, who will be farmer, engineer, scientists and others. we are quick to blame our leaders forgetting that if the people are up & doing by using their brain for positive creativity we wouldn't be where we are today. Our educational institutions are nearly useless.
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by oluwadeeboi(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2017
It's not even 9-5 anymore, it's now 8-6...and these companies now mandate Saturdays...*sad*

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by ImaIma1(f): 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2017
majekdom2:
Real entrepreneurs don't talk down paid jobs because that's part of what they create. It is part of the value entrepreneurs create for the society. Any "entrepreneur" that talks down paid jobs/employees is a RAT and in Misery... check well. The enterprise isn't delivering any value, thus they talk down jobs to make themselves feel good. You need good employees to drive your business if not it will fail. Human resources just like others is key in any business training. You can tell obviously that people who talk down jobs are not entrepreneurs in the real sense.

Exactly! If everyone is an entrepreneur, who will work for them?
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
How can anyone mock 9 to 5. May be it is inferiority complex. 9 to 5 that have helped many people fulfilled great dreams. Have dual citizenship in other countries and change the future of their generations, marry great wives and husband, network with people in other lands, moved with time.
The so called working for myself though may give you money but so many other things will be missing including good human relations and team spirit, stagnation, no exposure to latest IT and lack of training, lack of capital etc

2 Likes

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by mine85(m): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
Gwan2:
9-5pm job ?....**Na you be the office or company CEO?.. Abi OP you wan follow the everyday name they call it 9-5pm job?

Lol, the guy wrote 9am to 5pm as if he no be Nigerian.. . It is 7am to 6pm jaree.. Before you reach home, 7pm...

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by dabossman(m): 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
majekdom2:
Real entrepreneurs don't talk down paid jobs because that's part of what they create. It is part of the value entrepreneurs create for the society. Any "entrepreneur" that talks down paid jobs/employees is a RAT and in Misery... check well. The enterprise isn't delivering any value, thus they talk down jobs to make themselves feel good. You need good employees to drive your business if not it will fail. Human resources just like others is key in any business training. You can tell obviously that people who talk down jobs are not entrepreneurs in the real sense.

Exactly. Many of them are only CEO's on Facebook. Self employed at self employed. True entrepreneurs know the real value of a worthy paid employee.
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Willie2015: 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2017
My thoughts,

- It is good to get some experience by working before starting a business, but don't stay in the rat race for too long.
- There is a cap on the number of years you can work as an employee.
-You even get kicked out easily in today,s job market.
- You will still need to fallback on business as soon as you leave paid job.
- It is difficult to start biz at this stage with zero experience, most lose their life savings & capital in the process.
- No one get wealthy by being an employee....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by RealityShot: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2017
Welcomme:
I have ventured into different online bizness since I have not gotten a Job for like 4months after serving... I am regretting now cuz I have lost in all the online bizness...Depression is even setting in now. Confused about this life!
go to the biggest shopping areas in your city and look for real adverts for jobs.

you may even get one on monday!

stop waiting for bank or govt jobs..

..START SMALL..even the biggest self help books preach it.
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2017
cry cry
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by EdoBoy90(m): 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
majekdom2:
there is no best... self discovery is key. There is no right or wrong way in making a living i.e business or career. An employee with chevron for instance would have made an income. Of over 150 million in 5 years. There are businesses that all through their life time say 30 years will not make upto half of that. There are jobs and there are jobs, same way there are businesses and there are businesses. Know yourself and what's best for you!

You again. Thanks to God you aren't arguing today and you are saying something meaningful today.

You made Mod to ban me.

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
EdoBoy90:

You again. Thanks to God you aren't arguing today and you are saying something meaningful today.

You made Mod to ban me.
you are a very funny person grin. yes, because you broke the laws on the 'land'
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Ceejey01(m): 5:46pm On Aug 19, 2017
A poem by Douglas Malloch:

If you can't be a pine on the top of the hill.
Be a scrub in the valley-but be
The best little scrub by the side of the rill;
Be a bush, if you can't be a tree.
If you can't be a bush, be a bit of the grass.
And some highway happier make;
If you can't be a muskie, then just be a bass-
But the liveliest bass in the lake!
We can't all be captains, we've got to be crew.
There's something for all of us here.
There's big work to do and there's lesser to do
And the task we must do is the near.
If you can't be a highway, then just be a trail,
If you can't be the sun, be a star;
It isn't by the size that you win or you fail-
Be the best of whatever you are!
damzy88:
Well said.As much as I am an advocate of entrepreneurship, I still believe some people will still have to be the CEO of First bank, Shell etc.

The most important thing is to do what you love and have multiple sources of income.

Variety is the spice of life.

Lovely piece.

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2017
Now I should be ashamed of working for someone?? You dont say!!!!!!!

No kind of rubbish person no dey hear for nigeria?
If you don't work 9-5, how will you make the funds to start your own business

People bashing 9- 5ers are doing so because they are just plain jealous. Hunger don make der brain congeal.

Your business wen no body don enter since this month begin or you never hit one contract since this year start!!!Nonsense!!!!!

I'm a proud 9 -5er looking to start my own biz after some good years of savings and even with my business, I will still work 9-5 If I have the opportunity till I hit my goal.

Working gives one the opportunity to gain experience and begin a prosperous professional business.

You get business; that na for your pocket.
I dey work 6 - 6; na for my pocket.
Hold yourself make I hold myself.

Rubbish!!!!

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2017
The watch words here are ATTITUDE and HUMILITY.

If your attitude to work is poor, then no guarantee you will make it successful on your own.

The saying of 'I cant work for someone' shows arrogance and most of the people I observed that say that always beg me, a 9-5er for 5K when dem dey broke.

Your job can be frustrating but learn from it and be financially disciplined.

Currently I give myself within 3 and 5 years at my current workplace before I can venture into biz.

Love what you do and keep improving yourself.

Sky is the limit.

I have also said this before 'Nature vs Nurture'

It is either you are a boss by default or you have to grow into it. Crawl before walk, you can't build a house from the rooftop.

Let me stop here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by armadeo(m): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
ItachiUchiha:
You guys are funny, why are you bothered about such talks? Keep bothering yourself until you find out that most of the people on Nairaland shouting entreprenuship and attacking workers are secondary school students and touts.

You stole every word of this write up from my brain. all those shouting entrepreneur are still living at home using night plan to talk nonsense.

Lol. I always laugh when I see someone say entrepreneur is the way meanwhile he's still struggling with waec, father is playing school fees and feeding him.
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by vic4real22: 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
KillerBeauty:
I use to work 8-7 before
But thank God for God
I now work 8-2
Npower beneficiary right? congratz.
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by temmym4(m): 9:20am On Aug 21, 2017
KillerBeauty:
I use to work 8-7 before
But thank God for God
I now work 8-2
Are u a teacher? Just saying...

1 Like

Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by jobbers: 9:28am On Aug 21, 2017
oh
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by djoe21(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2017
Welcomme:
I have ventured into different online bizness since I have not gotten a Job for like 4months after serving... I am regretting now cuz I have lost in all the online bizness...Depression is even setting in now. Confused about this life!

You can apply here;

SHININGSTAR PROPERTY & INVESTMENT LTD.

The above named company is currently recruiting Sales Executives.

QUALIFICATION: Minimum of OND.

REMUNERATION: N30,000 basic allowance plus commission.

Interested persons should send their CVs to djoe4u_44@yahoo.com
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Welcomme: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
djoe21:

You can apply here;

SHININGSTAR PROPERTY & INVESTMENT LTD.

The above named company is currently recruiting Sales Executives.

QUALIFICATION: Minimum of OND.

REMUNERATION: N30,000 basic allowance plus commission.

Interested persons should send their CVs to djoe4u_44@yahoo.com
Location sir...
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by djoe21(m): 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
Welcomme:
Location sir...

Lagos.
Re: Stop Mocking People Who Work 9-5jobs by Love800(m): 2:00pm On Jan 03
Hello.
This thread has been a longtime.
I want to really know how to sell ebooks.
I have the passion and interest.
CosmeticChemist:

You can never be successful selling ebooks if you don't practice what you preach... I have sold over 6 thousand ebooks on this platform alone. I do it.. I have a factory... I have the machines. people visit my factory to learn and they also pay me.. I'm also coming up with another book on how to mill palm kernel oil, starting a polythene and polystyrene biz etc... It is going to be free..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Interview Mistakes You Should Avoid / Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? / How To Get Job Offers Via Linkedin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.