Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Who Is On The Side Of Love? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is On The Side Of Love? (2013 Views)

Who Has Performed The Greatest Act Of Love? Yahweh Or Allah? / Prove From The Quran That Islam Is A Religion Of Love And Peace / The True Meaning Of Love, By Nwankwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is On The Side Of Love? by benodic: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2010
who is on the side of love? who wants to make love his goal in life? the love i am talking about is unconditional love. the kind of love that st. paul talked about in 2nd corinthians. the kind of love that is not greedy, that is content, patient. the kind of love that is given to all life without bothering about the person's race, religion or colour. the kind of love that gives of itself without hesitation and with a heart filled with gratitude for the privilege given to it to serve life.
so tell me my people. who is on the side of love?
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 1:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
I am .This i my life part Agape LOve. 4 he who gave is son to die is foreva on our side. God is for us all/on our side an ever present fotressin his shadow we will hide who can be against us every thought must be a lie 4 he who gave his son to die is 4 eva on our side
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by KunleOshob(m): 2:01pm On Feb 17, 2010
@Topic
that is what christianity is all bout, it is a sine qua non for being a true christian. If you don't have it and give it uncondiionally to all people, you cannot possibly be a christian.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
@Poster,

I wonder if Christians today really practise this LOVE, rather what we find are pretense and imitations of LOVE.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by KunleOshob(m): 2:17pm On Feb 17, 2010
Tonye-t:

@Poster,

I wonder if Christians today really practise this LOVE, rather what we find are pretense and imitations of LOVE.

Tonye, this is suprising coming from you! it means there is still hope for you or are you now born again? If you are not i strongly suggest you do and embrace the true gospel of christ which is entirely based on love.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2010
Kunle you'll never change. cheesy cheesy

Kunle my brother the things we see in churches today really gat me thinking if we actually do know what it means to LOVE. Someone who professes to be a brother(brethren) will rather choose to loan cash to outsiders(unbelievers) with the hope of getting it back and with interests rather than giving a brother who desperately needs it to help his dieing wife in the hospital.

A friend of mine lost his wife on saturday becos his friend and "professed/church acclaimed brother" would rather choose to give it out. i went offshores and came back to discover this. And men i havent been myself all day. cry cry

To me Christians are just pretenders. WE DO NOT KNOW THE TINIEST MEANING OF THE WORD "LOVE".
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by KunleOshob(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2010
@Tonye-t
I am really glad you can realize this and this as been my real grouse against christianity and not even tithes that we constantly argue about. To me most professing christians and churches are not following the core teachings of christ. I myself am not a saint neither can i claim to be following the gospel to the letter but i have made an effort o understand the true gospel and nature of christ and what i see amongst bethen today is really not encouraging. This shouldn't come as a suprise as Jesus as already predicted that my would come in his name yet h would deny them becos they do not do the will of his father, this many i beleive are most of the churches we see around today who are just paying lip service to the teachings of christ. i know it is really tough to be a christian[almost impractical], christianity is not about me me me or what material benefits you can get from it, it is more about what you can do for others. Christ teaches us to deny ourselves, it is about dedicating our lives towards better the lives of others and this should be done in a pure and genuine manner withour expectation of earthly rewards. The scriptures below sum up the christian concept of love nicely

1 Corinthians 13:1-13:

Love Is the Greatest

1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

4[b] Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.[/b]
8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when full understanding comes, these partial things will become useless.

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.

13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.

1 John 4:7-21:

Loving One Another

7 Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. 8 But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

9 God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10 This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

11 Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. 12 No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us.

13 And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us. 14 Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15 All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. 16 We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love.

God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 17 And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.

18 Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. 19 We love each other because he loved us first.

20 If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see? 21 And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their fellow men.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by nuella2(f): 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2010
Tonye-t:

Kunle you'll never change. cheesy cheesy

Kunle my brother the things we see in churches today really gat me thinking if we actually do know what it means to LOVE. Someone who professes to be a brother(brethren) will rather choose to loan cash to outsiders(unbelievers) with the hope of getting it back and with interests rather than giving a brother who desperately needs it to help his dieing wife in the hospital.

A friend of mine lost his wife on saturday becos his friend and "professed/church acclaimed brother" would rather choose to give it out. i went offshores and came back to discover this. And men i havent been myself all day. cry cry

To me Christians are just pretenders. WE DO NOT KNOW THE TINIEST MEANING OF THE WORD "LOVE".

@ Tonye do you mean some christians are pretenders or all christians including YOU?  I think walking in love is what christianity stands for, especially the brethren. It surprises me when christians starts hating and abusing each other , i ask is this love? the love of christ is beyond imagination, some christians prefer to be friends with satanists rather than a believer that has embraced the gospel bc of some differences.  When christ said we should pray for our enemies. When we stand before God we shall give account, tHE COMMISSION he gave was for us to win souls. It takes love to go out and preach christ to the unsaved. I seriously think christians should walk in love, so people can see we are really the followers of christ. How do someone exhibit so much hadred in front of an unsaved person and win that person to christ? The sign of spiritual maturity is LOVE. The church of Jesus christ really need to walk in love, we are to do good to people especially to believers. The message of christ is a message of love.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 3:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
nuella2:

@ Tonye do you mean some christians are pretenders or all christians including YOU?  I think walking in love is what christianity stands for, especially the brethren. It surprises me when christians starts hating and abusing each other , i ask is this love? the love of christ is beyond imagination, some christians prefer to be friends with satanists rather than a believer that has embraced the gospel bc of some differences.  When christ said we should pray for our enemies. When we stand before God we shall give account, tHE COMMISSION he gave was for us to win souls. It takes love to go out and preach christ to the unsaved. I seriously think christians should walk in love, so people can see we are really the followers of christ. How do someone exhibit so much hadred in front of an unsaved person and win that person to christ? The sign of spiritual maturity is LOVE. The church of Jesus christ really need to walk in love, we are to do good to people especially to believers. The message of christ is a message of love.
u ar required by love to speak the truth in love . do not be given to flattery. speak the truth in ur heart and to ur neighbour do not lie and call that love pls. Jesus loves the sinner but hates the sin. Jesus told peter before the cock crows twice u will deny me trice. this might contradict some peoples positive/optimistic doctrine. but to be fore warn is to be fore armed. Dont allow ur brother to perish in hell b4 u tell him the truth but also be open minded and not dogmatic too
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by nuella2(f): 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
chinedumo:

u ar required by love to speak the truth in love . do not be given to flattery. speak the truth in your heart and to your neighbour do not lie and call that love pls. Jesus loves the sinner but hates the sin. Jesus told peter before the cock crows twice u will deny me trice. this might contradict some peoples positive/optimistic doctrine. but to be fore warn is to be fore armed. Dont allow your brother to perish in hell b4 u tell him the truth but also be open minded and not dogmatic too
Whatever you want to tell your brother should be done in love, even preaching to a sinner should be done in love and not condemnation. I didnt say people should not speak the truth( the word of God) Is a man that dont have love that will let his brother go to hell.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2010
nuella2:

Whatever you want to tell your brother should be done in love, even preaching to a sinner should be done in love and not condemnation. I didnt say people should not speak the truth( the word of God) Is a man that dont have love that will let his brother go to hell.
Learn this The word of God is synonymous with the truth cos GOD can not lie. cos again he is da creator what ever he says come into existance cos again he knows everything. As we speak by the spirit of God we speak the truth hence the word of God. "no man can say that Jesus is Lord but by the spirit of GOd" say the scriptures
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by sinequanon: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2010
I believe the ego prevents love.

God is man's own creation -- a representation of his own ego. For as long as he has God, he will not understand 'love' and will not be able to 'love'.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 17, 2010
chinedumo:

Learn this The word of God is synonymous with the truth cos GOD can not lie. cos again he is da creator what ever he says come into existance cos again he knows everything. As we speak by the spirit of God we speak the truth hence the word of God. "no man can say that Jesus is Lord but by the spirit of GOd" say the scriptures
nuella2:

God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on my words shall be saved but he that believeth not id=s condemned already cos he has not believe on the name of the son of God. the word which I speak onto you shall judge you on the last day .These are the saying of LORD JESUS. Rebuke where necessary instruct cos the scripture is given by inspiration it is profitable for reproof instruction doctrine,
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 4:15pm On Feb 17, 2010
sinequanon:

God is man's own creation -- a representation of his own ego. For as long as he has God, he will not understand 'love' and will not be able to 'love'.
ur own god ie the god u serve may be ur creation but the GOD i serve created me. so ur theory may work 4 u but not 4 me
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by sinequanon: 4:31pm On Feb 17, 2010
chinedumo:

your own god ie the god u serve may be your creation but the GOD i serve created me. so your theory may work 4 u but not 4 me

I don't serve a god. (That is your ego at work, projecting your own lifestyle.)

And I gave an opinion, not a theory. There's a difference.  wink

Man's ego gave him a sense of dominion over 'others' -- the wisdom around him. Instead of becoming receptive to that wisdom, he became part of his own conflict (dominion). Then, to try to explain the limitations of his ego, he projected his ego and created God, because the ego only knows of itself. So man's universe became a projection of himself, and blinded him to the wisdom around him.

God is man's own ego in disguise, directing him.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 4:42pm On Feb 17, 2010
sinequanon:

Man's ego gave him a sense of dominion over 'others' -- the wisdom around him. Instead of becoming receptive to that wisdom, he became part of his own conflict (dominion). Then, to try to explain the limitations of his ego, he projected his ego and created God, because the ego only knows of itself. So man's universe became a projection of himself, and blinded him to the wisdom around him.

there is a good and bad ego. u are projecting ur opinion and that is ur ego at work if that is ur interpretation of ego. U are right in a sense god is the creation of certain people but there be gos many and lords many. The God I serve create me not me creating him .I worship the most high .You dont know him if u will allow me I will introduce him to you the LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH. Do you know what I call god thoes(grk) is not what u think as god. god is ur personal idol devotion, u might deny its personality but someone god could be women clothes money Jesus said u cant serve two masters God And mammon.u get it so what i am talkin about is who is ur master ur lord,
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2010
sinequanon:

there is a good and bad ego. u are projecting ur opinion and that is ur ego at work if that is ur interpretation of ego. U are right in a sense god is the creation of certain people but there be gos many and lords many. The God I serve create me not me creating him .I worship the most high .You dont know him if u will allow me I will introduce him to you the LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH. Do you know what I call god thoes(grk)  is not what u think as god. god is ur personal idol devotion, u might deny its personality but someone god could be women clothes money Jesus said u cant serve two masters God And mammon.u get it so what i am talkin about is who is ur master ur lord, u dont need him u already have him cos he isur owner
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by sinequanon: 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2010
chinedumo:

there is a good and bad ego. u are projecting your opinion and that is your ego at work if that is your interpretation of ego.

I project my being and, to the extent that I have an ego, my ego. There is different extent of ego. I believe that, as we gain wisdom, the ego diminishes.

chinedumo:
U are right in a sense god is the creation of certain people but there be gos many and lords many. The God I serve create me not me creating him .I worship the most high .You dont know him if u will allow me I will introduce him to you the LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH.

You have introduced your god already. It is your ego.

You have dissociated yourself from your ego and made a god of it, in order to uncritically give it free reign over you (and you hope, others). As you can see, I will not oblige you.

chinedumo:
Do you know what I call god thoes(grk) is not what u think as god. god is your personal idol devotion, u might deny its personality but someone god could be women clothes money Jesus said u cant serve two masters God And mammon.u get it so what i am talkin about is who is your master your lord,

This reminds me of a born again Christian who came to preach his message to me as I was on my way to work. So devoted was he to drugs, womanising and money that he just assumed everyone else must be. So he launched straight into his sermon, explaining that Christ would keep me away from drugs, money and women etc. I didn't bother to correct him. Such was his state of understanding that anyone with the wisdom not to be devoted to such things was "in denial."

Your ego tells you you are lord and master over the beasts, and that they are your devotees. But the conflict you create thereby is your suffering. You look for answers, but your ego is too strong for you to resist. You are unable to become at one with the wisdom around you. Instead, you project your ego, turn it into a god, and dissociate yourself from your responsibility for it.

What you are claiming is that YOUR EGO is the LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH. That is why you live in conflict with it.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by jagunlabi(m): 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2010
Tsk!Tsk!Tsk!And i thought you guys were talking about unconditional love, the love with no walls or boundaries, and then i saw the highlighted.Does that mean that an unbeliever is not worthy of love?Are you, tonye-t, not demanding for love with conditions?Love with walls and boundaries?I thought the threadstarter was asking for the kind of love that sees all humanity as brethrens, irrespective of their race, creed, and religions.
And now, you talk about love that is enclosed only within the tiny tiny tiny walls of the christian doctrine.I am sorry, but you are also a pretender . . .
Tonye-t:

Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by KunleOshob(m): 6:30pm On Feb 17, 2010
@jagulabi
Charity begins at home grin
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by benodic: 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2010
i have read with delight all your replies to my post. thanks a lot jagunlabi for understanding what i meant when i asked the question who is on the side of love. before the coming of any religion God existed and love existed. religion are just ways that man tries to understand and get closer to God. as God is love and love is God what we should all be talking about is how to learn love and how to make love our goal in life. this unconditional love as i said earlier is to be given to all life irrespective of the person's religion, race or colour. even atheist too should be given this love. when i was in school l had a lot of friends some were atheists, some christians and some moslems. at no point did i judge anybody by his beliefs all i was looking for in them was how much unconditional love they had in life and that i know is what matters. it may shock some of you if i tell you that when you die and face God in the hereafter It is not going to ask you your religion rather what It will want to know is how much love did you give to God's creatures. for if you do good to life you are actually doing it for God. so i ask again, who is on the side of love?
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 11:26am On Feb 18, 2010
Good day Jagunlabi,

Please dont get me wrong!

According to scriptures, the kind of love Christians were admonished to practise was the agape, meaning the love we share within the brotherhood when we have communion.

AGAPE - (ag'-a-pe) : The name Agape or "love-feast," is defined as an expression denoting the brotherly common meals of the early church, though of constant use and in the post-canonical literature from the time of Ignatius onward, is found in the New Testament only in Jude verse 12 and in 2 Peter 2:13 according to a very doubtful reading.
(from International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, Electronic Database Copyright © 1996, 2003 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

This love should first be expressed to those you consider as your brothers (brethren),meaning their welfare should be your concern, their sorrow your sorrow their rejoicing your rejoicing.

Now when this is practised, those who are not of the faith will see the expressions and will come to the knowledge of truth.

Example was what Jesus expressed in Matt 7:6

6 . . . do not throw your pearls {values of your faith} before hogs, lest they trample upon them with their feet and turn and tear you in pieces. AMP

Check the words in curly braces - values of your faith, the values of one's faith are love, faith, tolerance, peace, joy, temperance etc. now when one rather chooses to give it out to hogs then i wonder if such really understands the word LOVE.

As for the early church, here was the demonstration of their faith:

Acts 4:32-35: -  All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all. 34 There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need. NIV

Now this is the Agape love.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Zikkyy(m): 11:52am On Feb 18, 2010
My man Tonye-t where have you been? No, dont say it let me guess , grin grin. I have been reding your post and can see you are a changed man. Like Kunle noted earlier, i believe love should be unconditional. It shoudn't be to our brothers and sisters alone. I believe expressing that love to somebody not of the faith will make more impact on the person than simply observing the practice.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 12:48pm On Feb 18, 2010
Zikkyy:

My man Tonye-t where have you been? No, dont say it let me guess , grin grin. I have been reding your post and can see you are a changed man. Like Kunle noted earlier, i believe love should be unconditional. It shoudn't be to our brothers and sisters alone. I believe expressing that love to somebody not of the faith will make more impact on the person than simply observing the practice.

grin grin grin, Zikkyy my crazy job sent me to the production rig of mobil-eket offshores for a job so i think ur guess might be wrong! cheesy cheesy ."they grow from grace to grace they that appear in zion (scriptures) "so my change should be timely.

Brother in my view, i think talking about unconditional love means offering to give up your all including your very life for your friend as the bible put it. Now dont get me wrong I aint saying one shouldnt show love to everyone around you and outside the faith.

Agape Love that everyone talks about today by research simply means THE LOVE SHARED AMONGST THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH. anything outside it could mean/be another form of love.

Take heroes/legends of nations for example, you'll hear of men and women who gave up their lives for the freedom of their people. Now this is love and sacrificial for that.

But to say such a love is agape. is wrong. why? because it was never practised within the confinement of the christian faith. Yeah i sure show love to the muslims, i share with them what i can, i play and relate with the pagans and sinners in my hood. but then i dont think it'll be wiser to give them agape at the detriment of my needing brother, because if i do, then Matthew 7:6 will come to play.

God bless you
!
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by KunleOshob(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18, 2010
@tonye-t
christian love is not limited to believers alone but to all men, Jesus never discriminated when he was preaching his message of love. Read matthew 25:31-40, it wasn't about showing love to believers alone but to the needy and less priviledge. The gospel of Jesus[ the great commision] Jesus charged his disciples to preach to all men [unbelievers] is one of love. spreading the gospel involves showing love to all men, infact the gospel was spread by the apostles through their show of love to the early christians who were not christians before they were converted.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2010
KunleOshob:

@tonye-t
christian love is not limited to believers alone but to all men

I wonder what is christian Love and what is agape love!

KunleOshob:

Jesus never discriminated when he was preaching his message of love.

Yes he did not discriminate, but gave first priorities to the brotherhood when he said "I was sent to the HOUSEHOLD OF ISRAEL" , and again he said "WHY WOULD I GIVE TO DOGS WHAT IS MEANT FOR THE CHILDREN" wasnt that meant to be a brotherhood term showing priority?

KunleOshob:

Read matthew 25:31-40, it wasn't about showing love to believers alone but to the needy and less priviledge. before they were converted.

Apologies! but your wrong. let see it again

Matt 25:40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these [size=13pt]brothers of mine[/size], you did for me.NIV

Now we should ask, who are these brothers.

Matt 12:50 - "For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven [size=13pt]is My brother and sister and mother[/size]! AMP

so you see, my brother is that christian, because he does the will of my father just like i do! hence priority.

KunleOshob:

infact the gospel was spread by the apostles through their show of love to the early christians who were not christians before they were converted.

Show scriptures pls.!
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by KunleOshob(m): 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2010
Tonye-t:

I wonder what is christian Love and what is agape love!

Yes he did not discriminate, but gave first priorities to the brotherhood when he said "I was sent to the HOUSEHOLD OF ISRAEL" , and again he said "WHY WOULD I GIVE TO DOGS WHAT IS MEANT FOR THE CHILDREN" wasnt that meant to be a brotherhood term showing priority?

Apologies! but your wrong. let see it again

Matt 25:40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these [size=13pt]brothers of mine[/size], you did for me.NIV

Now we should ask, who are these brothers.

Matt 12:50 - "For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven [size=13pt]is My brother and sister and mother[/size]! AMP

so you see, my brother is that christian, because he does the will of my father just like i do! hence priority.

Show scriptures pls.!

Jesus considered the poor and the needy his brethen and not christians. You have to remember that christianity did not start until after the death and ressurection of Jesus so he couldn't have been refering to christians in that passage.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
KunleOshob:

Jesus considered the poor and the needy his brethen and not christians. You have to remember that christianity did not start until after the death and ressurection of Jesus so he couldn't have been refering to christians in that passage.

Kunle, you can be so confusing atimes, who is a brother according to Jesus' definition,? It is anyone who does the will of Jesus' Father, now if you relate that to our time you'll agree with me that IT IS THE CHRISTIANS THAT FALL WITHIN THAT DESCRIPTION CALL BRETHREN BECAUSE IT IS ONLY THE CHRISTIANS THAT ARE KNOWN TO DO THE WILL OF THEIR FATHER hence i called brethren a christian.

And again, Jesus considered the poor and needy in his time UNDER THE CONFINEMENT OF A BROTHERHOOD he called "THE HOUSEHOLD OF ISRAEL" and these were the one he gave priority before showing it unto others.

Love is to be expressed to ALL dont get me wrong, but AGAPE LOVE is to be expressed within the confinement of the christian faith. do you understand?
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by KunleOshob(m): 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2010
Tonye-t:

Love is to be expressed to ALL dont get me wrong, but AGAPE LOVE is to be expressed within the confinement of the christian faith. do you understand?[/color]

Bros i need a bible quotation for the allegation above with special emphasis on the word AGAPE.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
sinequanon:

I project my being and, to the extent that I have an ego, my ego. There is different extent of ego. I believe that, as we gain wisdom, the ego diminishes.

You have introduced your god already. It is your ego.

You have dissociated yourself from your ego and made a god of it, in order to uncritically give it free reign over you (and you hope, others). As you can see, I will not oblige you.

This reminds me of a born again Christian who came to preach his message to me as I was on my way to work. So devoted was he to drugs, womanising and money that he just assumed everyone else must be. So he launched straight into his sermon, explaining that Christ would keep me away from drugs, money and women etc. I didn't bother to correct him. Such was his state of understanding that anyone with the wisdom not to be devoted to such things was "in denial."

Your ego tells you you are lord and master over the beasts, and that they are your devotees. But the conflict you create thereby is your suffering. You look for answers, but your ego is too strong for you to resist. You are unable to become at one with the wisdom around you. Instead, you project your ego, turn it into a god, and dissociate yourself from your responsibility for it.

What you are claiming is that YOUR EGO is the LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH. That is why you live in conflict with it.

I have heard you though this is a deviation from the subject matter but on the other hand fellow xtians remember that we are talking about love and love is GOD so an attack on THE TRUE GOD is an attack on TRUE (AGAPE) LOVE. I as a xtian believes and knows that true love agape love is only found in Christ I say this not as doctrine but in principle and practice. I dont expect u to agree with me but if u ar honest u will eventually discover this 4 your self. This statement is contrary to

sinequanon:

sinequanon:

He preaches his doctrine of ego and tries to convince me in it goes about trying tio convience other in other trades. my answer is the same as i have always said before
chinedumo:

there is a good and bad ego. u are projecting your opinion and that is your ego at work if that is your interpretation of ego. U are right in a sense god is the creation of certain people but there be gos many and lords many. The God I serve create me not me creating him .I worship the most high .You dont know him if u will allow me I will introduce him to you the LORD OF THE WHOLE EARTH. Do you know what I call god thoes(grk)  is not what u think as god. god is your personal idol devotion,  u might deny its personality but someone god could be women clothes money Jesus said u cant serve two masters God And mammon.u get it so what i am talkin about is who is your master your lord,  u dont need him u already have him cos he isur owner
A god is that thing u worship adore spend time in serve live for. If u studied some ancient religions even our traditional u will discover that god were just a mere statue no real devotion other than rituals. gods were the manipulation of priests. All this is true but the same is not applicable to all. true christianity  Is devoid of all this. I tell u sth u do not no christ what u need is a knowledge of christ. I mean no harm or aggrasion but love and concern and help. I dont mean to ridicule you cos the GOD I serve is not a respecter of persons he will requie from every soul what he has( what he was given/what he gave him) and nothing more. I wish you safety
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2010
KunleOshob:

Bros i need a bible quotation for the allegation above with special emphasis on the word AGAPE.

LOVE:

- 'ahebh' or 'ahabhah' : You shall love the lord with all your heart, strength and might (Mk.12:30)

- 'phileo' : Peter said "lord you know that i love you(Jn.21:16)

- 'agapao' or 'agape' : Let brotherly love continue(Heb.13:1)

- 'philanthropia' : Silver and Gold i have not, what i have i'll give you (sharing)
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by KunleOshob(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18, 2010
So how does this prove your allegation that love should be cofined to the christian faith the fact that their is a special greek word for brotherly love does not mean that that is what christian love is limited to. I guess you should go and check out the greek words for the love word Jesus used during his commandments to love. Jesus command was to love our neighbours as our selves, he also commanded us to love our enemies and do good to them that hate us. is he refering to our "christian" brethen here too?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls. Wen Was The First Time A Nigerian President Attended Holy Ghost Service In Redemption Camp? / What Is The Meaning Of This Dream / Unanswered Question In The Bible That Needs To Be Cleared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.