Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Who Is On The Side Of Love? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is On The Side Of Love? (2014 Views)

Who Has Performed The Greatest Act Of Love? Yahweh Or Allah? / Prove From The Quran That Islam Is A Religion Of Love And Peace / The True Meaning Of Love, By Nwankwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by sinequanon: 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2010
chinedumo:
He preaches his doctrine of ego and tries to convince me in it goes about trying tio convience other in other trades. my answer is the same as i have always said before A god is that thing u worship adore spend time in serve live for.

As I said, I have no god. But you do. It is your ego, which you have elevated to status of god. That gives you an excuse to obey it and to try to disguise your disharmony as "love" and "concern".

chinedumo:
I mean no harm or aggrasion but love and concern and help. I dont mean to ridicule you cos the GOD I serve is not a respecter of persons he will requie from every soul what he has( what he was given/what he gave him) and nothing more. I wish you safety

Through worshipping your ego, you have become a captive of your own fear. That is why you are casting around, with your dark hints, hoping to see the same fear reflected in other people. You are convinced it must be there, because it underpins all you know. Once you learn to recognise and accept that some people do not share your deep-seated fear, you may learn to question and conquer it.

Wisdom cannot be found in fear.

And fear destroys love because it does not respect freedom.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by afiq(m): 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2010
1 Corinthians 13:4-7

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2010
KunleOshob:

So how does this prove your allegation that love should be cofined to the christian faith the fact that their is a special greek word for brotherly love does not mean that that is what christian love is limited to. I guess you should go and check out the greek words for the love word Jesus used during his commandments to love. Jesus command was to love our neighbours as our selves, he also commanded us to love our enemies and do good to them that hate us. is he refering to our "christian" brethen here too?

Kunle,

A good christian should learn to understand the origin of words as used in the biblos before using them. This having said, you should note that to understand and grasp the essence of the term "love" will only make sense if one understands how the various forms of love are used and how they apply.

The love Christ demonstrated on the cross is different from that between a Man and a woman. The love paul admonished in 1corinthians 13 was referring to the Agape ( a bible with reference will relate that passage with Matt.25:45, Rom.14:15 all pointing to the love shared and expressed within the confinement of our christian faith.

Again pls dont misquote me, i have not said Christians should not share love to others outside the faith, but it is pertinent we know the kind of love we share. I have said it time and time here that if we do share such a sacred love outside to " hogs" they will trample on it because they barely understand its value.

Matt 7:6

6 . . . do not throw your pearls {values of your faith} before hogs, lest they trample upon them with their feet and turn and tear you in pieces. AMP

This is exactly what the christian faith is presently suffering, we have offered what was supposed to be our meal to a wicked world who barely understand its value, hence the introduction/infilteration of their belief system into our fold.

Kunle, dont tell me i should be explaining more to you, i expect you to know. na wa o! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2010
With every certainty love is universal and not selective. though we were yet sinners Christ died for us all. love ur enemies do good to does who spitefully use you and offend you. But do not be unequally yoked together with unbeliever for what concord has the house of God with beliel, The Lord requires us to love everyone but not enter commitment (covenant/yoking) relationship with unlike faith/unbelievers/infediel
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^^ and what exactly was the kind of LOVE he was admonishing us to show there. Its folks like you that misinterprete scriptures and allow rubbish infilterate into the fold angry angry
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 2:22pm On Feb 19, 2010
KunleOshob:

Bros i need a bible quotation for the allegation above with special emphasis on the word AGAPE.
Tonye-t:

^^^ and what exactly was the kind of LOVE he was admonishing us to show there. Its folks like you that misinterprete scriptures and allow rubbish infilterate into the fold angry angry

Agape love is the love jesus should on the cross. He died for all not believers alone. they were hardly many believers. many will eventually/later become believers. but at present, the time in which u showed love to them they were unbelievers. it is this love that draws them to repentance. If they slap u on one check turn the other. If they take your coat give them ur cloak. this is what Jesus did on the cross. after the centurion had finished crucifying him he said truly this man was the son of GOD. Agape love is not self seeking it is life giving/sacrificing.
Pls how did I misinterpret scripture and allow rubbish to infiltrate?
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Tonyet1(m): 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^ Hey my friend stop acting childish here! angry angry

By definition WHAT IS AGAPE LOVE? I am not asking you to tell me what your pastor taught you.? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by Enigma(m): 9:06pm On Feb 19, 2010
chinedumo:

Agape love is the love jesus should (showed) on the cross. He died for all not believers alone. they were hardly many believers. many will eventually/later become believers. but at present, the time in which u showed love to them they were unbelievers. it is this love that draws them to repentance. If they slap u on one check turn the other. If they take your coat give them your cloak. this is what Jesus did on the cross. after the centurion had finished crucifying him he said truly this man was the son of GOD. Agape love is not self seeking it is life giving/sacrificing.
Pls how did I misinterpret scripture and allow rubbish to infiltrate?

chinedumo

That's quite a good enough description of agape love. Unfortunately, in our weakness we tend not to be able to do it or to do it often enough!

cool
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 12:56pm On Feb 20, 2010
Enigma:

chinedumo

That's quite a good enough description of agape love. Unfortunately, in our weakness we tend not to be able to do it or to do it often enough!

cool

thank I am grateful. Thanks for that word of comfort. It rarely comes these days. Every or most people talking down on u despite ur patience and efforts for no just cause. i think 1 way we as xtians on NL could show love to ourselves and others i.e everyone is to be polite not rude unruly disrespectful insolent and harsh. by so doing we will fulfill the love of Christ. When u do good to those that do good to u what praise/thank have ye even the unbelievers do so? but i say unto love your enemies do good to does who spitefully treat u and persecute u for ur heavenly father causes the rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous, Matt 5
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by benodic: 1:22am On Feb 26, 2010
now that most of the arguments has been put to rest, it gets me wondering what it will take to make people realize that love has no boundaries and no religion either. that is why a christian will fall in love with a moslem and goes ahead to marry the person despite oppositions that may arise from narrow minded people. love still remains the key to heaven and if you do not have it, you are going no where.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2010
benodic:

now that most of the arguments has been put to rest, it gets me wondering what it will take to make people realize that love has no boundaries and no religion either. that is why a christian will fall in love with a moslem and goes ahead to marry the person despite oppositions that may arise from narrow minded people. love still remains the key to heaven and if you do not have it, you are going no where.

chinedumo:

With every certainty love is universal and not selective. though we were yet sinners Christ died for us all. love your enemies do good to does who spitefully use you and offend you. But do not be unequally yoked together with unbeliever for what concord has the house of God with beliel, The Lord requires us to love everyone but not enter commitment (covenant/yoking) relationship with unlike faith/unbelievers/infediel

just like I said earlier covenant relationship is an example of marital relationship. Love for GOD requires u to love ur neighbor. when u love God u will have kingdom values i.e seek first the kingdom of God. The kingdom is more important than marriage. God gave Adam Eve to help him in the work of the kingdom. The kingdom being higher nullifies overrules and supersedes marriage. To marry an unbeliever is contrary to the kingdom. Their other ways to show love to unbelievers and enemies.It does not include marriage/covenant relationship. Jesus said" some were made eunuchs by man some born eunuchs other chose to be eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of God. Marriage to a beliver enhances and helps the believer in his christian work and life. The natural man understandeth not the things of the spirit cos they are foolishness to him neither can he know them cos they are spiritually discerned. God cannot tell one to marry someone that will not help u do the work he sent u for
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by jagunlabi(m): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2010
Benodic, chinedumo is a total write off when it comes to the issue of universal love, is he not?He is the kind of folks i never want to have anything to do with and i hope i never meet in this life.His kind of "love" is one of the biggest reasons why i left religion far behind, and boy, am i glad i did.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by sinequanon: 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2010
jagunlabi:

Benodic, chinedumo is a total write off when it comes to the issue of universal love, is he not?He is the kind of folks i never want to have anything to do with and i hope i never meet in this life.His kind of "love" is one of the biggest reasons why i left religion far behind, and boy, am i glad i did.

But, by coming across people like Chinedumo, you have discovered your reason for leaving religion "far behind"!

So, the likes of Chinedumo have been a blessing to you, no?
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by jagunlabi(m): 8:59pm On Feb 26, 2010
sinequanon:

So, the likes of Chinedumo have been a blessing to you, no?
Oh yes, in a roundabout sort of way.The pseudo-structure of dogma is a hinderance to universal love, to love without boundaries.That can be clearly recognized in his post.Although he believes in love, he is quite clearly struggling with the religiuos dogmatic structures that he has surrounded himself with.He is finding it tough going to relate his view of god as the source of universal love with his own idea of selective love imposed upon him by the dogma of his chosen faith which is christianity.Most christians battle with this problem daily.I just simply walked out on chrsitianity so as not to have that sort of mental battle with myself for the rest of my life.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by sinequanon: 9:19pm On Feb 26, 2010
jagunlabi:

Oh yes, in a roundabout sort of way.The pseudo-structure of dogma is a hinderance to universal love, to love without boundaries.That can be clearly recognized in his post.Although he believes in love, he is quite clearly struggling with the religiuos dogmatic structures that he has surrounded himself with.He is finding it tough going to relate his view of god as the source of universal love with his own idea of selective love imposed upon him by the dogma of his chosen faith which is christianity.Most christians battle with this problem daily.I just simply walked out on chrsitianity so as not to have that sort of mental battle with myself for the rest of my life.

I don't know what is "round about" about it.  smiley

Life is full of blessing depending on how you choose to look at it.

Unless this particular blessing has been tainted by your "concern" and "love" for Chinedumo and his circumstances?  cool
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by jagunlabi(m): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2010
^^^Whatever.Is to love all without boundaries not what jesus taught?I tell you something, it is far easier to follow jesus' teachings without carrying about the excess baggage of organized christian doctrines and dogma, far easier.Ironic, is it not?
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by sinequanon: 9:54pm On Feb 26, 2010
jagunlabi:

^^^Whatever.Is to love all without boundaries not what jesus taught?I tell you something, it is far easier to follow jesus' teachings without carrying about the excess baggage of organized christian doctrines and dogma, far easier.Ironic, is it not?

I don't know. My "bible" is the "universe" so to speak, "written" in a magnificent language worthy of life. I don't get my teachings from crude morse code language, like the written or spoken word of 26 letters of the alphabet.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by jagunlabi(m): 10:05pm On Feb 26, 2010
The "universe" itself is the magnificent language worthy of life - and not a book written and edited by men - from which i get my own teachings.But to each one his own.
sinequanon:

I don't know. My "bible" is the "universe" so to speak, "written" in a magnificent language worthy of life. I don't get my teachings from crude morse code language, like the written or spoken word of 26 letters of the alphabet.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by sinequanon: 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2010
jagunlabi:

The "universe" itself is the magnificent language worthy of life - and not a book written and edited by men - from which i get my own teachings.But to each one his own.

lol, don't try and steal what I said by writing it in other words. wink

Good wasn't it. cool
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by jagunlabi(m): 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2010
It does not matter whther the format is the same, as long as what i wrote is different to yours in content.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by benodic: 11:41pm On Feb 26, 2010
dear jagunlabi,
thank God for souls like you and sineqanon who have been able to leave the narrow confines of most christian reasoning. what christians do not know is that if jesus is to come back now he will have absolutely nothing to do with present day christians who does not know the meaning of love. one of my christian room mate in the university refused to tell me that my exam has been rescheduled brought forward to the present day instead of tomorrow. i was still reading and getting ready for the exam tomorrow when my neighbour who is an atheist and a communist came into the room and told me that my exam has been brought forward. i asked my christian room mate if he knew about it and he said yes. when i asked him why he did not tell me, he did not say a word. it then dawned on me that he wanted me to fail because i was not a christian like him and i had told him that i am okay with my own religion and had no intentions of going back to christianity because i found a lot of loop holes in christianity. this was just one of the evil things he did to me but despite all that i still continued giving him love because i knew he was acting from ignorance. love and love alone is what makes the world go round and love has no boundaries, no rules and of course no religion
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by jagunlabi(m): 12:21am On Feb 27, 2010
benodic:

dear jagunlabi,
thank God for souls like you and sineqanon who have been able to leave the narrow confines of most christian reasoning. what christians do not know is that if jesus is to come back now he will have absolutely nothing to do with present day christians who does not know the meaning of love. one of my christian room mate in the university refused to tell me that my exam has been rescheduled brought forward to the present day instead of tomorrow. i was still reading and getting ready for the exam tomorrow when my neighbour who is an atheist and a communist came into the room and told me that my exam has been brought forward. i asked my christian room mate if he knew about it and he said yes. when i asked him why he did not tell me, he did not say a word. it then dawned on me that he wanted me to fail because i was not a christian like him and i had told him that i am okay with my own religion and had no intentions of going back to christianity because i found a lot of loop holes in christianity. this was just one of the evil things he did to me but despite all that i still continued giving him love because i knew he was acting from ignorance. love and love alone is what makes the world go round and love has no boundaries, no rules and of course no religion
That is just awful and mean, but i find your reaction to his actions very admirable.He must be a christian fundie because no liberal christian would do a thing like that(to my knowledge,anyway).Just keep on showing that love to all asundry.
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by KunleOshob(m): 9:00am On Feb 27, 2010
@benodic
I am curious, what religion do you. Adhere to? Or what is your belief system?
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by benodic: 11:51pm On Feb 28, 2010
dear KunleOshob ,
my religion is ECKANKAR. RELIGION OF THE LIGHT AND SOUND OF GOD. ECK means Holy Spirit and ANKAR means The Way. the foundation of the religion is built on love for all life. this love is developed by coming in contact with the Holy spirit which is the spirit of God in expression. ECKANKAR does not work with beliefs. we work with having real experiences with the holy spirit of God which can be seen as light or heard as sound in your spiritual eyes and ears. these experiences become your authority that God exist and that we also exists because of God's love for us. and of course these experiences are open to all souls who love God. you can feel free to ask me any question
Re: Who Is On The Side Of Love? by chinedumo(m): 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2010
I think i have been misunderstood. I believe in universal love- the teachings of our LORD JESUS. we disagree in the expressions of this love. Do you now that for love of an "Unbeliever" u don't marry him/her. It is in his/her best interest. I am talking to "true/current Christians out there. I have nothing against marring an Hausa but certainly not a muslin/Mohammedan. that does not stop u from buying him gifts saving in disaster him helping him in need, sponsoring him to higher education of his choice housing him clothing him visiting him in prison,  to mention but a few. if u have questions pls ask. I am willing to listen and reason with u. i teach by the grace of God the very teachings of our lord. The jews discriminated against the gentiles saying salvation is for the Jews alone. but Jesus taught otherwise and included the gentiles in salvation. Read 2 corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?. In a march to rid the world of lovelessness u do not as a christian align(marry) urself with a worldly/loveless person. A worldly person is loveless because he does not have the love of God in him in the person of Jesus. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son,  it is cruel to reject a gift of love especially of this magnitude. how do u feel when someone rejects your love (not lust)? u might say i should be happi about it but i can't be cos i don't like the suffering he has found himself in and  when he rejects my help my hearts still bleeds when i see him still suffering
http://www.gracecentered.com/unequally_yoked.htm
if u intend to convert the unbeliever that is a different matter but i will rather warn do it with wisdom cos marring an unbeliever to convert him may work or may not. Above all follow the leading of the HOLYSPIRIT he is your best teacher he will guide u into all truth. by the way why are you particular concerning marring an unbeliever? It i far more beneficial to marry a "true" believer from the perspective  kingdom of God

(1) (2) (Reply)

Right Vs Wrong Christianity? / God Want An African Pope If The Incumbent One Resign / Proper Christian Conduct/behaviour To Political Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.