Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood (38782 Views)

Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by JAYUK(m): 5:42am On Aug 19, 2017
Its really sad, Catholic Church in Nigeria have thrown away the initial eucharistic inclination, what does it matter if the priest walks away.
Those Mbaise priest in Imo state that flouted all directives from the pope for years,what happened in their case or has the pope become so weak or he is showing mercy.
We in Africa are yet to really understand what religion is all about (opium).Some people are just too bitter about the incident but i believe the priest has his life to live.More members and priests will walk away as the door have been opened.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Ignyte(m): 6:24am On Aug 19, 2017
HumanistMike:

I used to have catholic friends so I know a bit.

See how you have managed to make your statement sound stupid. You know a lil bit yet you posted 5 pargagraphs that started with falsehood. I'm not bent on religion but if I'm to ever go hardcore on religion, it's either the catholic church or Buddhism
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Mpanyi: 6:55am On Aug 19, 2017
SpecialAdviser:

Idiot
Who gets time for his empty head?
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Ignyte(m): 6:58am On Aug 19, 2017
HumanistMike:

You've exposed your lack or class and tact. So what's the truth to the falsehood you claim I started with? That question isn't meant to be answered. You are not bright so you don't know the answer. You'll probably go off on emotions and state what someone else has told you.

Where I come from, a person can know a bit about a subject, yet that bit will be enough to populate a thought process and make an impression.

It's safe to say, where you come from, a person knowing a bit about an issue is indicative of ignorance. You are an illiterate.

I don't join issues with low lives. You add no new knowledge to the set.

You may now get lost. I'm done showing you your arse.

Have you finished? You didn't make an impression when you said "The Catholic church is a cult... Worshipping Statues..."

Biko, All the big english you spoke doesn't change the fact that the bit you know about Catholicism is jumbled up trash.

Please, seek information before you rush to show your ignorance making use of humongous words to 'Impress'!
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by laurenzojacuzzi(m): 7:01am On Aug 19, 2017
If you don't know the doctrine of Catholicism, why not seek for knowledge. You claim they worship images and status, try find out how it originated. That man is a Rev father forever' just that he cannot celebrate mass in catholic ways again. We have a lot of them that sprang out of Catholic church. It's opinion and freedom of worship.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Ignyte(m): 7:02am On Aug 19, 2017
JAYUK:
Its really sad, Catholic Church in Nigeria have thrown away the initial eucharistic inclination, what does it matter if the priest walks away.
Those Mbaise priest in Imo state that flouted all directives from the pope for years,what happened in their case or has the pope become so weak or he is showing mercy.
We in Africa are yet to really understand what religion is all about (opium).Some people are just too bitter about the incident but i believe the priest has his life to live.More members and priests will walk away as the door have been opened.

This Bishop too take the matter personal. So what if he celebrates mass in Pentecostal fashion... Is he the first priest to do that??
Some dumb people will come and insult the entire catholic church. When the Vatican hasn't said anything. Any word from that Bishop is his own personal opinion... The views of the pope may differ on the matter
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Sanctecosma(m): 7:06am On Aug 19, 2017
viceldo:
he is still a priest forever...he just can't minister the mass so him quiting priesthood is of know use..... catholics know what am saying.....

Yes my dear I believe you. But then the Church's verdict according to her infallible office will always stand. MY FAITH, MY PRIDE!
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Sanctecosma(m): 7:10am On Aug 19, 2017
Built2last:
Where is the love of God. Just imagine that God excommunicates all of us anytime we sin.

If men were God wahala for dey.

The man has every right to take a walk from priesthood if he is not happy or disagrees with the system.

Say not what you don't know. If you want to more about excommunication, go and read the Church's history from the Apostolic times. #Na mbu Ka o bidioro#
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Ignyte(m): 7:17am On Aug 19, 2017
HumanistMike:

What is a cult? Why do they prostrate to statues?

I put in zero big words. All that confused you is my sentence structure. You are poorly educated.

Lmao, Poorly educated?? Carry on sir, Mr. Richly Educated. So educated that If I bow for somebody, I have worshipped him.

What If I bow to honour??

Coman show me the bow for honouring individuals so that when I meet you I can salute you. Mr. Sentence Structure Sir.
On behalf of all the Illiterates on Nairaland I salute your Logic. Prostrate don become worship ni!!

If I prostrate before the traditional ruler in my village, coman call me a cultist.

Go to Ife na, see Ooni and don't prostrate... Oba. Akiolu himself. I hail thee.

Please oh.
Personally, I know if I bow for you; it's either respect or honour. You that doesn't prostrate for statue, who do you prostrate for?? Daddy GO??

Leave the people to honour Mary and whatever they want to honour.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by cosade(m): 7:25am On Aug 19, 2017
ebusfav:

Here are excerpts from the excommunication notice, issued to parishioners on August 12, the Catholic Bishop of Uyo Diocese, John Ayah said;

"I advise that no Catholic member should approach him to obtain any service or guidance henceforth in the name of the Church,” the bishop said.

"Any Catholic who attends his programme or identifies with him in any way does so at the risk of his or her Catholic faith and membership,” he said.

If the gentleman himself said he was leaving the Catholic Church because he does not agree with catholic doctrines again, then it is obvious that he is no longer capable to guide Catholics on issues of catholic faith.

Exactly what the church said.

Most of us have comprehension challenge.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Ignyte(m): 7:32am On Aug 19, 2017
HumanistMike:

Dummy. Bowing to an individual is different from praying while prostrated to an individual or object.
When you prostrate and pray to an object, you have worshipped that object.

You are not bright at all.

Well done again... Mention the objects Catholics Pray to?? When you Hail Mary, and tell Mary to pray for you... You are not praying to her... I have read the hail mary, all versions on the internet and in no way does it imply, that they are praying to her. The only part of that prayer that isn't from the Bible doesn't still imply that they are worshipping her.

As a matter of Fact; I put it to you, that the entire thing was from the same Bible you own, but I believe you skip that part when reading since you are not a cultist.

Luke 1:28-35, 42-48.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by chigo003(m): 7:45am On Aug 19, 2017
Marthin Luther; the greatest reformer that led the reformation against the Catholic church was also excommunicated. His translated the Bible from Latin to German before his sermons empowered king Henry to establish the church of England (former Anglican communion). Excommunication is not the end of the world for him.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Phenix007: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2017
HumanistMike please which Church do you attend, that's if you are a Christian??
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Basildvalour(m): 7:49am On Aug 19, 2017
joey150:

This is the problem.. Basic reasoning is at an all time low in this country. The statement reads do not attend any of his programmes in the name of the "Catholic church" it never says people shouldnt attend.. Please learn to read and not just read but also understand... For your own good
Exactly what l am saying. Why will a person who has denounced Catholicism publicly still hold programmes under the umbrella, or don't you think it is an indirect way to tell members to steer clear of him?

At times, basic reasoning isn't enough, we read deeply.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by ojsmscom(m): 8:00am On Aug 19, 2017
I was born a catholic.. I will wed in catholic and will die a catholic..... But Bishop, if the only option that will guarantee the the young man spreading the gospel is leaving the catholic.. PLS let him be.... Remember he didn't say he has forsaken christ ok... It is now left for you the Bishop to look inwardly in the way you run your dioces and see if it is in line with the biblical directed methodology for winning soul for christ.... Brethren.... Weather orthodox, non orthodox or pentecostal, we are all ambassadors of christ... Church is a name while character is the lane
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by definateli: 8:02am On Aug 19, 2017
correctguy0900:
He wants to get rich. Prosperity preaching activated. Catholic was standing in his way. In 5 years trust me, private jet don land and fresh p...ssy

The Catholic priests have been having s3x with both male and female in church
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by joey150(m): 8:25am On Aug 19, 2017
Basildvalour:
Exactly what l am saying. Why will a person who has denounced Catholicism publicly still hold programmes under the umbrella, or don't you think it is an indirect way to tell members to steer clear of him?

At times, basic reasoning isn't enough, we read deeply.
no it's not. It's a caution, not everybody may have seen this news. Because if something happens tomorrow the church will boldly say that they have severed their ties and links to this priest. However you look at it, according to the Catholic law, he reamins a priest so it's more like saying if you attend any of his function you are doing so on your own because he is no longer affiliated with us in anyway and we cannot be held in accountable for his actions forthwith.

Happens all the time in many other industries.. Don't blow this out of proportion for your own skewed reasons.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Phenix007: 8:34am On Aug 19, 2017
HumanistMike:

Please get lost. You are not smart.
Dame, wow you know you have been bragging and ranting since this topic came up, sounding like you know all, even more than St Peter himself, now I ask you a simple question and you am not smart.
You need to grow up and don't allow your inferiority yet your rigid myopic mind to take the best of you.
Lol, you didn't even answer my question, yet you are smart.���
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Divinehenrich(m): 8:41am On Aug 19, 2017
Plz use Rev Patrick[/color][color=#000000].
JonCina:
They can excommunicate him, but they can't prevent him access to God. They can't also prevent those who recognise his annointing and have been richly impacted by his ministry.
They will even help his ministry indirectly.

If person realise himself come say him no do again based on a better revelation, why disturb him & try to paint him black before all?

I stand with Rev. fr Henry Edet!
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by harriet412(f): 8:47am On Aug 19, 2017
Catholics won't like this grin grin . See them on the thread likening him to apostle Suleiman cheesy
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Basildvalour(m): 8:48am On Aug 19, 2017
joey150:
no it's not. It's a caution, not everybody may have seen this news. Because if something happens tomorrow the church will boldly say that they have severed their ties and links to this priest. However you look at it, according to the Catholic law, he reamins a priest so it's more like saying if you attend any of his function you are doing so on your own because he is no longer affiliated with us in anyway and we cannot be held in accountable for his actions forthwith.

Happens all the time in many other industries.. Don't blow this out of proportion for your own skewed reasons.
If not many would have seen this news, how many would have heard about his sack from the fold?

My friend, church shouldn't determine our decisions as Christians but doing what is right according to the consciousness that is at work in us. I can worship anywhere so long as it is a body that preaches Christ and teaches us to be like Him and not trying to make ourselves seem superior over others who do same thus my earlier assertion, I ponder over Christianity.
Christianity is not an industry, it is a religion.

The Church would have wished him well and not the way it is.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by joey150(m): 8:49am On Aug 19, 2017
Built2last:
Where is the love of God. Just imagine that God excommunicates all of us anytime we sin.

If men were God wahala for dey.

The man has every right to take a walk from priesthood if he is not happy or disagrees with the system.
Lol. What is your point??

Didn't God banish Lucifer from heaven because of rebellion? Because of that same "box" that he thought that God confined him to? So why hasn't God just let him be because he disagreed with his system??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Wearing His Secondary School Uniform (Photos) / Don't Be A Fine Girl Without Jesus, Pray, Work,slay / God Saved Oyedepo From Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.