Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,870 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood (38786 Views)

Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Lules(f): 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
ekensi01:
Thank God he is getting the light that catholic is just a fake and it leads to Hell.
stop being myopic
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by STEVENcrack(m): 8:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
adetayo234:

From your comment, it is clear you are still wallowing in immaturity and you are still myopic. I am a Catholic, and I know how Pentecostals treat or look at me each time I tell them I'm a Catholic. So, where did you get your unreasonable and unlearned idea of Catholics not liking people? Even if they do, tell me which denomination or religion likes it when one of their own leaves? If your pastor or choir master changes to a Catholic or becomes a Muslim today, how will you view him? Be sincere to yourself and stop acting like a spiritually and mentally blind soul.

And there is light, life and freedom in the Catholic Church. You didn't see life or light here because you failed to open your eyes or mind.

no offense intended..if u really studied and understand your bible then you would understand why that priest left and maybe also why I left..
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by STEVENcrack(m): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
Taryur3:

You no get sense bros.
only a catholic would say that
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by STEVENcrack(m): 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
Yuji:

Nobody is seeing him like an enemy Oga. Stop all this blabbering. If really you were a catholic as you claimed you should know that Catholics don't care about losing members. They are not like other churches that source for members as if they are selling something. To these churches more advert means more members and more money. Since you left the catholic church have you become a millionaire?? Or has it reduced the ever-growing population of the Catholics? Even in those protestant churches,there are special things they do for their 'registered' church members that they don't do for others who just come any Sunday they wish. So stop all this hypocritical talk. BTW I used to be a Christ Embassy member,I have also been to Sabbath,Redeemed and Winners. So I know how they operate.
you made lot of sense..I didn't leave catholic because I wanted to be a millionaire.. I was weak in spirit..the bible said we sud seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and other things would be added..religion won't save anybody even those that killed Jesus were religious. when I became close to God and his word I knew lots of things were wrong in catholic so I needed a change.
have u had a close relationship with God..
how often do u study his words.
if you miss heaven who would you blame?
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by BlueAngel444: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by adetayo234: 11:18pm On Aug 19, 2017
STEVENcrack:

no offense intended..if u really studied and understand your bible then you would understand why that priest left and maybe also why I left..

State the specific scripture that made you leave
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Yuji: 12:48am On Aug 20, 2017
STEVENcrack:

you made lot of sense..I didn't leave catholic because I wanted to be a millionaire.. I was weak in spirit..the bible said we sud seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and other things would be added..religion won't save anybody even those that killed Jesus were religious. when I became close to God and his word I knew lots of things were wrong in catholic so I needed a change.
have u had a close relationship with God..
how often do u study his words.
if you miss heaven who would you blame?
Oga your church doesn't owe you a personal relationship with God neither does your priest or pastor. Salvation is a single race. If you keep depending on other human beings like yourself to get salvation or know God personally you would never know Him or make heaven. #fact.
Go to church not because of anyone but because you want to be close to God. Stop looking for salvation in your pastor or priests,they are also human and fallible.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by STEVENcrack(m): 12:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
Yuji:

Oga your church doesn't owe you a personal relationship with God neither does your priest or pastor. Salvation is a single race. If you keep depending on other human beings like yourself to get salvation or know God personally you would never know Him or make heaven. #fact.
Go to church not because of anyone but because you want to be close to God. Stop looking for salvation in your pastor or priests,they are also human and fallible.
good intentions wrong articulation.
the church is a body of Christ...both you and your pastor are member of the church..the pastor is just ur spiritual leader..he expounds the word of God to you more excellently..you dont worship your pastor,he didnt die for u,mary didnt die for u nor any graven image..God is not in such image.images made by man.God is in heaven..u dont count rosary.

jesus is d way, d truth and d light no one can get answers to prayer or forgiveness except via jesus..jesus only is d message..u dont have to kneel to a statue..knee to a reverend father..or call on angel micheal or gabriel to pray for u..angels are Gods messenger to convey certain messages. if you are in church where you think their modus operandi is not in line with Gods word why remain there.human being are free moral agent..
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by STEVENcrack(m): 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2017
adetayo234:

State the specific scripture that made you leave
Exodus 20:4-5 You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.

1 Timothy 2:5 For, There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus.

Revelation 19:10 Then I fell down at his feet(angel micheal)to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecY.

.Worshipping or honouring statue of Jesus and Mary is wrong.
praying to angels is wrong they are only messengers even bible made us to know that d saints would judge d angels.
calling on Mary to pray for u is wrong...Jesus is d only mediator in the bible.
purgatory is wrong..there is only heaven and hell written in the bible.
Confess to God via Jesus and not a Reverend father.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by adetayo234: 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
STEVENcrack:

Exodus 20:4-5 You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.

1 Timothy 2:5 For, There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus.

Revelation 19:10 Then I fell down at his feet(angel micheal)to worship him, but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God.” For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecY.

.Worshipping or honouring statue of Jesus and Mary is wrong.
praying to angels is wrong they are only messengers even bible made us to know that d saints would judge d angels.
calling on Mary to pray for u is wrong...Jesus is d only mediator in the bible.
purgatory is wrong..there is only heaven and hell written in the bible.
Confess to God via Jesus and not a Reverend father.

Read Numbers 21 and tell me what it means.

Read John 21:1 to 12 and tell me what it means.

Read 1Corinthians 3:13-15 and tell me what it means.

Revelation 12 clearly tells you that you are Virgin Mary's seed, and that applies to every Christian that wants to obey the Truth of the scriptures in truth.

Read Luke 12:47-48 and tell me what it means

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Yuji: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2017
STEVENcrack:

good intentions wrong articulation.
the church is a body of Christ...both you and your pastor are member of the church..the pastor is just ur spiritual leader..he expounds the word of God to you more excellently..you dont worship your pastor,he didnt die for u,mary didnt die for u nor any graven image..God is not in such image.images made by man.God is in heaven..u dont count rosary.

jesus is d way, d truth and d light no one can get answers to prayer or forgiveness except via jesus..jesus only is d message..u dont have to kneel to a statue..knee to a reverend father..or call on angel micheal or gabriel to pray for u..angels are Gods messenger to convey certain messages. if you are in church where you think their modus operandi is not in line with Gods word why remain there.human being are free moral agent..
Like I said before,just because he didn't have spiritual growth in one church doesn't mean others there don't have. So instead of concluding on your own personal experience, just leave and go so that others who can see the benefit of the church stay and enjoy it. Its just like people who chase miracles, they would never get satisfied, because if one new church opens and they say miracles, they still rush there. Most lack faith in God and depend on pastors to show them the way.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by NSK4U(m): 2:57am On Aug 21, 2017
Basildvalour:
Now, you have given the verdict oh judge who reads the hearts of men to know what they have planned to do.

You are one of the kind of Christians l ponder over.

keep pondering, since u need prophet TB Joshua to tell u Edet's kind of box. now, tell me, was he starved in d parish house or were his parents or any of his siblings not taken good care of? was he not living in good house and driving good cars?? did anyone stop him from going about preaching and drawing souls to Christ was he restricted from performing miracles and calling a spade it's name like most Rev. Fr. Mbaka and others do? which other liberty does a priest need to do the wishes of Christ? answer is none. the only freedom box he never got as he complained was d one to in live flamboyance, and counting d assets of this world that he would live behind. it's a pity that's not why Catholic church ordained him.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by STEVENcrack(m): 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
adetayo234:

Read Numbers 21 and tell me what it means.

Read John 21:1 to 12 and tell me what it means.

Read 1Corinthians 3:13-15 and tell me what it means.

Revelation 12 clearly tells you that you are Virgin Mary's seed, and that applies to every Christian that wants to obey the Truth of the scriptures in truth.

Read Luke 12:47-48 and tell me what it means
for numbers 21 ..reference was made to it in d new testament and it only signified that we would fall in Gods wrath but our savior which .
hung on a tree would save us if we only look up to him..(look up to Jesus alone) that image serves as a prohecy REMEMBER when they made a golden calf ..

the other verses you quoted is not really relevant to the topic I guess u picked it at random.
bro I have nothing against you if u search ursef and conscience and u are good. no unforgiven spirit..u don't keep girlfriend's. lies.deceit and leaving peacible with fellow men and holiness with God then u are good.
if u miss heaven who wud u blame..there's no perfect religion. I left Catholic faith at my own conviction and we are all human and free moral agent..so please try and move on..its only God that gives conviction not man
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by adetayo234: 12:09am On Sep 22, 2017
STEVENcrack:

for numbers 21 ..reference was made to it in d new testament and it only signified that we would fall in Gods wrath but our savior which .
hung on a tree would save us if we only look up to him..(look up to Jesus alone) that image serves as a prohecy REMEMBER when they made a golden calf ..

the other verses you quoted is not really relevant to the topic I guess u picked it at random.
bro I have nothing against you if u search ursef and conscience and u are good. no unforgiven spirit..u don't keep girlfriend's. lies.deceit and leaving peacible with fellow men and holiness with God then u are good.
if u miss heaven who wud u blame..there's no perfect religion. I left Catholic faith at my own conviction and we are all human and free moral agent..so please try and move on..its only God that gives conviction not man

You are just shooting yourself in the leg.

You agreed that the hanging of the snake and Jesus on the tree are imageries to signify something. You, therefore, in essence agreed that it is not the images that matter, but what they signify.

In the same vein, it is not the images in the catholic church that matters, but what they signify. I won't waste my time telling you what those images signify. If you want to know, go for baptismal class.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by sitippe: 5:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
...How Patrick Edet met his wife, Inyene

It was also gathered that while the wedding will be open to all in church, the reception which is billed to take place at Emerald Event Centre, Edet Akapn Avenue, will be strictly on invitation. This, according to an insider, is to control the crowd and ward off any breakdown of law and order owing to the sensitivity of the wedding.

READ MORE
https://sitippe.com/2018/03/01/former-catholic-priest-patrick-edet-wife-inyene/
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by freshboi88: 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
The Catholic Church has a problem. They are too judgemental for my liking, and as Jesus wasn't enough,they came up with purgatory.

They need to tone down on their doctrines.

The Jesus I know was never judgemental, in fact he like dey flex with sinners, remember when he told Zacheus that he would flex in his house. Absolving the thief at his right, and lastly dying for sinners that nailed him to the cross.

This excommunication makes the church look like a cult. Not cool.

Una no know nytyn about d church, una go dey criticize.....smh 4 u
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 10:24pm On Mar 01, 2018
STEVENcrack:

and various Protestant ministers who studied the Bible have left Protestantism for the Catholic church in US alone it been about 1,000,000 such conversions in the last 30 years of Protestant ministers.

ever heard of Scott hann?

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Nobody: 8:19am On Mar 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:
and various Protestant ministers who studied the Bible have left Protestantism for the Catholic church in US alone it been about 1,000,000 such conversions in the last 30 years of Protestant ministers.

Very sound Protestants. Scott and Kimberly Hahn, Tim Staples, Marcus Grodi, etc, etc, etc...
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by STEVENcrack(m): 11:30am On Mar 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:

yes..even many Christians too have left to become gays lesbian transgender bisexuals.
even one leaves for a reason. its either from good to worse or good to better
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by btoks: 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2018
STEVENcrack:

yes..even many Christians too have left to become gays lesbian transgender bisexuals.

In this case you'll find that the 'strongest' protestant pastors while trying to search for truth and what early christian worship was actually like , eventually become catholics. There have been hundreds of cases in the past few years. See link - https://chnetwork.org/converts/ ( Coming home network).

Ironically, it tends to be the weakest catholics who become protestants.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 3:55pm On Mar 02, 2018
STEVENcrack:

we are not talking of backsliders... I am talking of ministers with a good congregation, who become Catholic and even become more Christian, preaching, teaching and witnessing the Christian Faith till date.

w
I am talking about conversion for good, people who study scripture and can even translate both Hebrew and koine Greek and who continue to live good Christian life
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:
we are not talking of backsliders... I am talking of ministers with a good congregation, who become Catholic and even become more Christian, preaching, teaching and witnessing the Christian Faith till date.

w
I am talking about conversion for good, people who study scripture and can even translate both Hebrew and koine Greek and who continue to live good Christian life
Lend him a copy of Rome Sweet Home.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by btoks: 4:16pm On Mar 02, 2018
Ubenedictus:

w

Yeah, the poster is basically equating a 'Christian' becoming a Catholic Christian to a Christian becoming LGBT!

Always shake my head for such ignorance
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2018
btoks:

In this case you'll find that the 'strongest' protestant pastors while trying to search for truth and what early christian worship was actually like , eventually become catholics. There have been hundreds of cases in the past few years. See link - https://chnetwork.org/converts/ ( Coming home network).

My thoughts, exactly. Weak Catholics turn Protestants while strong protestants turn Catholic.
Truth is, it takes discipline to study and live the Catholic faith. I'm not blabbing.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 02, 2018
btoks:

I'm a great fan of Marcus Grodi's Journey Home Network.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by STEVENcrack(m): 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
btoks:

Bro I was a catholic b4..baptism. And even confirmation by Anthony cardinal okogie. But the day I really gave NY life to Christ was when I became a Deeperlifer.
I don't have any problem with anybody conversion.
If u can be truthful to ursef do u read d bible every day. Do u pray every day morning and night b4 sleep. Do u live a life free from sin and u don't have a girlfriend that u commit formication with.do u preach the gospel to the lost souls. If the answer is YES then brother remain in Catholic.
There is no church in heaven.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 02, 2018
STEVENcrack:

Bro I was a catholic b4..baptism. And even confirmation by Anthony cardinal okogie. But the day I really gave NY life to Christ was when I became a Deeperlifer.
I don't have any problem with anybody conversion.
If u can be truthful to ursef do u read d bible every day. Do u pray every day morning and night b4 sleep. Do u live a life free from sin and u don't have a girlfriend that u commit formication with.do u preach the gospel to the lost souls. If the answer is YES then brother remain in Catholic.
There is no church in heaven.
You're not talking to me but permit me to answer you.
1. I read my Bible everyday - the law, the prophets and the writings, the Psalms, proverbs, Gospels and Epistles. And I do this day and night.

2. I pray first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I keep vigils and fast when I have to.

3. I do not fornicate. I try to avoid occasions of sin even though I succumb to the dictates of the flesh sometimes.

4. I am a legionary and by the grace of God, I spread the good news.

5. I am not the most righteous of humans but like a wet clay in the hands of the porter, I am ready and willing to be moulded into shape by my maker.

6. I am CATHOLIC - baptised, confirmed and practising. My life became totally consecrated to God at baptism.
I am alive.
I feel alive.
I am happy.
I love my Holy Faith.

Shalom.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2018
btoks:

Yeah, the poster is basically equating a 'Christian' becoming a Catholic Christian to a Christian becoming LGBT!

Always shake my head for such ignorance
that sort of parallel just weird me out, sound so ....I just don't have words.
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by Ubenedictus(m): 4:43pm On Mar 03, 2018
Lend him a copy of Rome Sweet Home.
I would have if I knew him personally
Re: Catholic Church Excommunicates Rev. Patrick Edet Who Quit Priesthood by STEVENcrack(m): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2018
You're not talking to me but permit me to answer you.
1. I read my Bible everyday - the law, the prophets and the writings, the Psalms, proverbs, Gospels and Epistles. And I do this day and night.

2. I pray first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I keep vigils and fast when I have to.

3. I do not fornicate. I try to avoid occasions of sin even though I succumb to the dictates of the flesh sometimes.

4. I am a legionary and by the grace of God, I spread the good news.

5. I am not the most righteous of humans but thelike a wet clay in the hands of the porter, I am ready and willing to be moulded into shape by my maker.

6. I am CATHOLIC - baptised, confirmed and practising. My life became totally consecrated to God at baptism.
I am alive.
I feel alive.
I am happy.
I love my Holy Faith.

Shalom.

the bible says without holiness no man shall see God...heb 12:14..work by the spirit and u wud not fulfill the lust of the flesh gala5:14..he that's born of God can not sin because the seed remaineth in him,he cannot sin because he's born of God 1peter3:9..
the bible made me to understand that we can either be controlled by this flesh or controlled by the spirit..when the spirit is in control you cannot sin, all ur cares are how to live a holy life, you live ur life like u are living ur last..u grow from d salvation experience to sanctification then the baptism of the holy spirit.
but when u are controlled by d flesh u wud only care for the things of this world..fame..riches..clothes ..girlfriends..alcohol .parties and night club without seeking first the kingdom and its righteousness..the bible made it clear that to be carnally minded is death but to be spiritually minded is life.
a song writer once said.HAVE YOU COUNTED THE COST IF YOUR SOUL SUD BE LOST WHILE U GAIN D WHOLE WORLD FOR YOURSELF.

My catholic brother am not here to win any argument but to share d word of God with u..there's no church in heaven..the angels and saints in heaven don't attend any church in heaven. significance of church here on earth is to direct us to heaven via salvation and sanctification and if the church is not doing that to the best of ur knowledge why stay and risk your SOUL to eternal damnation.

IF YOU MISS HEAVEN, WHO WOULD YOU BLAME?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don't Be A Fine Girl Without Jesus, Pray, Work,slay / God Saved Oyedepo From Plane Crash / Salvation Ministries Builds Home For The Elderly, Gives It To Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.