Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

What's The Relationship Between Food And Exercise? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Relationship Between Food And Exercise? (3069 Views)

Difference Between Food Poison And Poisoned Food / Relationship Between Blood Group And Personality / share your testimony on stomach reduction by diet and exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Relationship Between Food And Exercise? by djayxpro: 5:16pm On Feb 17, 2010
hi nairalanders,
i need answers! i ve been doing a lot of training, and surprisingly, my want for food has increased too, i dont think i like this. please is exercise the cause?

my brother also has been visiting the gym a lot lately too and just like me, he has begun to eat a lot too!

please somone answer and what can we do ro stop this?
thanks!!!
Re: What's The Relationship Between Food And Exercise? by sulad82i(m): 11:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
I'm not professional in this so please dont quote me. I once took a gym class and one of the things I remember is that you'll get hungry after an intense excersise cos you've used lots of energy. They need to be replaced so ur body can continue its normal functions. However this does not necessarily mean you will gain more weight or never loose it. The trick of weight loss is the calories you burn, and the calories you consume thru food.
Example:
Suppose you exercise and burn 800 calories for the day, and suppose the same day you eat and got 500 calories for the day. Then in total u've lost 300 calories for the whole day. This figures might be on too low but I hope u got my analogy. So at the end the excess calories you burn is what makes you loose weight.
So if you get hungry after exercising, try to consume food with very low calories
Re: What's The Relationship Between Food And Exercise? by djayxpro: 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2010
Thanx,man!
Re: What's The Relationship Between Food And Exercise? by agathamari(f): 11:34pm On Feb 22, 2010
when you eat all food has calories. your body burns calories all day long but differnt activities burn more calories then others, as well lean muscle burns more calories then fat cells when resting and dense muscle burns more calories then lean muscle when resting. your caloric intake, your bmi and your activity level all interact as far as your weight. if you consume more calories then you burn you gain weight. if you burn more then you consume you loose weight. BTW one pound of fat is equal to 3,500 calories
Re: What's The Relationship Between Food And Exercise? by GL(f): 12:14am On Mar 01, 2010
yes, exercise is the cause of your increased appetite. exercise depletes your glycogen stores and when the glycogen in the liver falls below a certain level you feel hungry. you only need to be careful to eat healthy foods and not too much calories, but you shouldn't go for low calorie foods after serious exertion. if you don't eat enough and you are weight training you'll undermine your body-building efforts. weight training builds muscles which increases your basal metabolic rate, so even if you aren't exercising you burn more energy.

you really shouldn't be bothered if you're eating healthy, protein-rich foods after exercise. and about the calorie intake vs. calorie output, your exercise is only one part of your total energy expenditure so you need much more calories than you expend on your exercise. you can search online for a BMR calculator to give you an idea of how much you expend daily based on your activity level.
Re: What's The Relationship Between Food And Exercise? by genetokky(m): 6:37am On Mar 01, 2010
i will like to invite you guys to a club called the stitch in time club.it is an aerobic and exercise club.for more information you can call me on this no 08035070265.you have oppurtunity of a free body check.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For November 1 2021 In Nigeria / Incredible 70-year-old Who Defies Aging Process / What Are Your Remedies For Hangover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.