Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,859 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

What Are Your Remedies For Hangover - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Are Your Remedies For Hangover (3199 Views)

Six Common Causes Of Dark Circle Around The Eyes And Remedies For Them. / Causes And Remedies For Mouth Odour (halitosis) / Home Remedies For Black Spots On Your Face. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by OgidiBoy(m): 11:15pm On Sep 23, 2009
I like to go out ones in a while and get drunk, but every time I drink hard liquor, the hangover the next morning is just unbearable. My buddy said smoking weed should get rid of the hangover but I can't stand the smell of weed.

If you have any natural remedy pls share, cause I'm just not ready to quit drinking just yet because of hangover.
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by baybbootz(f): 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2009
Step 1: Take an extremely cold shower.
Step 2: take an aspirin
Step 3: take very hot coffe[it takes d place ov d weed] grin grin grin
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by OgidiBoy(m): 11:48pm On Sep 23, 2009
baybbootz:

Step 1: Take an extremely cold shower.
Step 2: take an aspirin
Step 3: take very hot coffe[it takes d place ov d weed] grin grin grin

Thanks dear,

But Cold shower in the winter time is just out of the question and unfortunately I drink more in the winter.

I don't know if it's just me but Aspirin don't work for me, I have some prescription pain killers laying around here but I don't want to get addicted to them.

Caffeine is not my friend, caffeine make me so jittery, I can't finish a can of Mountain Dew without getting all jittery sad sad
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by baybbootz(f): 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2009
bt in pace ov d cofee, hot chocolate z anoda remedy,
I also hv d worst ov hangovers ass well, bt after hot chocolate, i get mmyself hot and spicy indomie n i get better.
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by TOPE20001(f): 12:01am On Sep 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I like to go out ones in a while and get drunk, but every time I drink hard liquor, the hangover the next morning is just unbearable. My buddy said smoking weed should get rid of the hangover but I can't stand the smell of weed.

If you have any natural remedy pls share, cause I'm just not ready to quit drinking just yet because of hangover.

OgidiBoy! OgidiBoy!! OgidiBoy!!! how many times i call u?
no be book dem send u go read grin tongue
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by OgidiBoy(m): 12:06am On Sep 24, 2009
baybbootz:

bt in pace ov d cofee, hot chocolate z anoda remedy,
I also hv d worst ov hangovers ass well, bt after hot chocolate, i get mmyself hot and spicy indomie n i get better.

I'll have to try hot chocolate, thanks again sweetie kiss

TOPE2000!:

OgidiBoy! OgidiBoy!! OgidiBoy!!! how many times i call u?
no be book dem send u go read grin tongue

All work and no play makes Ogidiboy a doll boy cry cry cry quit fronting like you don't too.
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 24, 2009
Stop getting drunk. It's not good.
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by OgidiBoy(m): 12:23am On Sep 24, 2009
stillwater:

Stop getting drunk. It's not good.

I know dear, I don't even have the money to be getting drunk all the time, but maybe like three or four times in a month is not bad.
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by baybbootz(f): 12:23am On Sep 24, 2009
I'll have to try hot chocolate, thanks again sweetie
ny tym
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by Nobody: 2:42am On Sep 24, 2009
OgidiBoy:

I know dear, I don't even have the money to be getting drunk all the time, but maybe like three or four times in a month  is not bad.

It's bad. You can put yourself and other people in danger. You don't want to learn that the hard way, do you? There's a problem if you always have to drink to stupor those "three or four times".
It's not good.
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by Sissy3(f): 5:55am On Sep 24, 2009
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by OgidiBoy(m): 6:41am On Sep 24, 2009
Sup sissy,

I was reading the replies on the huffington post article and a few folks on there mentioned "coconut water" who would have ever thought coconut water is good for hangovers shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by SmashingM(f): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2009
If you drank a stout to get drunk, drink a stout for the hangover. Same applies for other alcoholic drinks. It works wonders.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by sayso: 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2009
go back to sleep
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by r231(m): 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2009
use ALABUKUN before you go out drinking and wen u come bck as well use it b4 u sleep,,,,,,,it will be like nothing happen d nxt morning I do it all d time it works

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by OgidiBoy(m): 12:10am On Sep 26, 2009
^^^^

Abeg bros what is "ALABUKUN" and where can I find it?
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by r231(m): 12:45am On Sep 26, 2009
OgidiBoy:

^^^^

Abeg bros what is "ALABUKUN" and where can I find it?

hmmmm i don't knw how to explain it but if u go to any African store dey should have it or get somebody to sent it to u from 9ja. Its a white substance thingy like dat kinda looks like cocaine and taste very bitter to some pple. More so u can ask around nairaland its very popular

PS. wen u use it, it makes u drink more dan normal too,,,,,,,,,lol
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by mohawkchic(f): 1:01am On Sep 26, 2009
~Good Ole Greasy Fry-ups!! That is if you've got the stomach for it!! grin Some wud say not a healthy option but hey as long as you aint a regular drunk works every time!!

telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/5118283/Bacon-sandwich-really-does-cure-a-hangover.html

~For the more unconventional hangover remedies

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5124936/Hangover-cures-from-pickled-eyeballs-to-citrus-armpits.html
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 26, 2009
Dude, you're too young to be drinking like that. . . . undecided
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by OgidiBoy(m): 4:21am On Sep 26, 2009
r231:

hmmmm i don't knw how to explain it but if u go to any African store dey should have it or get somebody to sent it to u from 9ja. Its a white substance thingy like dat kinda looks like cocaine and taste very bitter to some pple. More so u can ask around nairaland its very popular

PS. wen u use it, it makes u drink more dan normal too,,,,,,,,,lol

Thanks dude, I ask around.

FL Gators:

Dude, you're too young to be drinking like that. . . . undecided

Who me ?
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by Nobody: 4:25am On Sep 26, 2009
Yes, you
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by dayokanu(m): 7:01am On Sep 26, 2009
^^ What of you?
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by r231(m): 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Thanks dude, I ask around.

let me knw if u can't get it I can mail some to u
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by upuphim(m): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ Poster

Don't you think you can live without alcohol, considering the damage done on the next day?  Why thinking of consuming more harmful 'chemical' to the body? 

My advice is that J E S U S is the medicine you need.  His blood shared for many can replace alcohol.  If you accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour, undertake Follow-up  or Foundation class to the point of getting filled with the Holy Spirit, you will see yourself being controlled by Holy Spirt of God instead of being controlled by alcohol.

Give Jesus a trial.
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by upuphim(m): 12:11pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ Poster

Don't you think you can live without alcohol, considering the damage done on the next day?  Why thinking of consuming more harmful 'chemical' to the body?  

My advice is that you J E S U S is medicine you need.  His blood shared for many can replace alcohol.  If you undertake Follow-up  or Foundation class to the point of getting filled with the Holy Spirit, you will see yourself being controlled by Holy Spirt of God instead of being controlled by alcohol.

Give Jesus a trial.
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by bonnez(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ poster
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE ENSLAVED TO A LIFESTYLE THAT LEAVES YOU WITH CONSEQUENCES YOU CANNOT HANDLE?? i aint against alcohol consumption in totality but learn to consume what your system can handle. there's no point drinking to impress your friends when you suffer severe consequences of such. Be wise man!!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by Xenisha: 2:49pm On May 15, 2023
They say prevention is better than cure, but when it comes to hangovers, sometimes the cure is the only option. Luckily, I discovered https://pushiv.com/ , a haven of relief amidst the throes of a pounding hangover. With their state-of-the-art IV therapies, I experienced a transformative healing process that went beyond mere hydration. Their meticulously formulated blends of essential nutrients and antioxidants acted as a reset button for my body, rejuvenating me from the inside out. Say goodbye to the hangover blues and hello to a revitalized version of yourself!
Re: What Are Your Remedies For Hangover by Waffarianman(m): 7:27pm On May 15, 2023
Kukuma just take Alabuku and thank later

(1) (Reply)

Hlep! Cure For Chronic Waist Pain / No Breast Milk! Try Ofio A.k.a Tiger Nuts / Cost Of Vasectomy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.