Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] (1067 Views)

Kaduna Corpers Observe Social Distancing While Waiting For Certificate / Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result / Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] by Colossusgist(m): 11:35am On Aug 19, 2017
The National Youth Service Corps [NYSC] scheme was created in a bid to reconstruct, reconcile and rebuild the country after the Nigerian Civil war. The NYSC is being established "with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity".

As prospective corps members prepare for their NYSC orientation camp and service year, what would they also fail to observe that no one else will tell them?

Colossus Gists has carefully compiled a concise financial activities that occur during that period as many prepare for their own exercise. We did this so as no one would say they lost this or that, they didn't achieve this or that because what disturbs us isn't how the service went, but after the service year, what else? What level have you attained? What difference have you made? What plans do you have? Are you going back to your parents or guidance?

Image result for What you dont know about NYSC

SINCERE TRUTH is that Life is Just Funny especially when you do major calculations from the NYSC allawee analysis....

See below:

TOTAL INCOME
19,800 naira
x
11months

Note: that first allawee was paid in the orientation camp.

EXPENDITURE
Tithes: (for those who pay it)
11 months

Bank charges:
105 naira
x
11 months

Food:
10,000 naira (at least)
x
11 months

Call Card:
1,000 (monthly)
x
11 months

Phone Subscription:
1,200 naira (at least in a month)
x
11 months

Transport fare to CDS/Clearance:
500 naira (at least in a month)
x
11 months

Toiletries: (Cream, tooth paste, bathing and washing soaps)

Approximately;...............

Source - http://www.colossusgists.com/2017/08/what-you-failed-to-observe-about-nysc.html

Re: What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2017
so you chop 10k food monthly, my guy you be real ajebo woh,
let me tell you, i can do all those for 5k( transport, food, toothpaste etc)
The trick is to buy in Bulk every 3 months or yearly, well am the yearly kind

1 Like

Re: What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] by latuaaa: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2017
You nor go buy consumables like gas for those using gas to cook, or kerosene, ingredients to cook d food nkor.. Abi na white rice without salt u wan eat all through ur Nysc year?
Re: What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 20, 2017
small gas cylinder na 1k, will last 3 months, packet of maggi na 350 naira while salt goes for 200 naira. all these can last u three months if you eat like a normal homo sapien

As for tomatoes & such 100 naira own go last a week or more, those posted outside cities are the real ones enjoying NYSC cause everything is super cheap grin
Re: What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] by FunnyDude(m): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2017
is not easy as Corp member especially during this recession period.
Well, me do use hot plate to cook and it really save me a lot. I buy my food in bulk so I do cook everyday.
I barb once in a month. My only expenses is subscription, call card and siblings I do send money to.
In my own state, Only 19800 allowance I'm earning.. State govt paying nothing even the ppa also gives story.. But all in all just do what you can offer this one year and move on with your life.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Attend The Ict-centric PHOTOGRAPHY Training For FREE! / To All Prospective 2013 Batch A Corp Members / Nysc Discharge Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.