Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:14 PM

Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All (12543 Views)

How Can You Be A Christian Or Muslim And Reject Rape, Slavery or Racism / Pastor Quits Being A Christian After Not Witnessing Anything Supernatural / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by An2elect2(f): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
PrecisionFx:

From ur epistle, there are no Christiana on earth.
Lol there are. But its not possible for men to become Christians by themselves
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by dumodust(m): 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
with all the pretense in the world, only God knows who His true followers are... the people that satisfy your criteria turn out to be hermuts, bad communicators, bad leaders and ultimately win less souls because they practice christian apartheid.
poster repent first... then lecture others about leaving good lives not setting criteria for God who sees everyone's hearts and truly knows his own.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
An2elect2:
This is the assurance that comes from hearing the gospel of Christ and the cross. It is not built on wishful thinking but is a confirmation of the gospel we have received. There is power in the message of the cross (men cant see it literarily but they can see the effect of it and still not know how it came about) . This power turns men to children who would take their Father's word for it. Nothing more nothing less. Matthew 18:3

Truly i tell you except you change and become like little children you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven

Finally after retyping over and over again .
What criteria do i need to 'Satisfy' to enter this kingdom of heaven?
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by An2elect2(f): 12:44pm On Nov 19, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

What criteria do i need to 'Satisfy' to enter this kingdom of heaven?
Nothing
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by An2elect2(f): 12:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
dumodust:
with all the pretense in the world, only God knows who His true followers are... the people that satisfy your criteria turn out to be hermuts, bad communicators, bad leaders and ultimately win less souls because they practice christian apartheid.
poster repent first... then lecture others about leaving good lives not setting criteria for God who sees everyone's hearts and truly knows his own.
Funny. Christian apartheid? never heard of it.

About the post. There are too many people living good lives already and if its about morality Christ death was a waste then.

God knows His own but have we forgotten God uses men, warning, trouble (means) to draw men to Himself.
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by MuttleyLaff: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
eph12:
The names God calls you
Here is the list of names believers addressed themselves with & what counts before God:

- "saint(s)" (i.e. Hebrews 13:24, Philemon 1:5, Philippians 4:21-22, Psalm 106:16, 1 Corinthians 16:1, Colossians 1:2)
- "godly" (i.e. Psalm 32:6)
- "brother(s)"/"brethren", (i.e. Acts 15:23, 1 Thessalonians 4:10, Matthew 5:47, Colossians 1:2, Mark 3:35, James 1:9)
- "sister(s)"/"lady" (i.e. Romans 16:1, 2 John 1:1, 2 John 1:13, Colossians 1:2, Mark 3:35)
- "disciples", (i.e. Matthew 10:42, Luke 14:27, Acts 9:10, Acts 21:16)
- "elder(s)" (i.e. 2 John 1:1, 3 John 1:1, 1 Peter 5:1)
- "apostle(s)", (i.e. Acts 11:1, Jude 1:17)
- "servant(s)", (i.e. Ephesians 6:21)
- "believer(s)", (i.e. 2 Thessalonians 3:15, Acts 16:1,15, 1 Corinthians 14:22, Acts 11:1, 1 Peter 2:17 )
- "follower(s)", (i.e. Acts 24:14, Luke 9:23, Mark 8:34, Matthew 16:24)
- "the faithful", (i.e. Colossians 1:2, Matthew 25:21,23, 1 Peter 5:12, Colossians 4:9)
- "the elect(s)", (i.e. 2 John 1:1)
- "the called", (i.e. Romans 8:28)
- "slave(s)/bondservant(s)" progressing to being "son"
(i.e. Ephesians 6:21, Galatians 4:7, 1 Corinthians 7:21-22, James 1:1, Jude 1:1, 2 Peter 1:1, Mark 10:44)
- "a child of God" maturing to being "son of God"
(i.e. Galatians 4:1, Romans 8:17, Galatians 4:7, 1 John 5:1, 1 Corinthians 7:22, 1 John 3:1, John 1:12, Matthew 5:9)
and
- the last but obviously not the least is "hephzibah" (i.e. Isaiah 62:2, Isaiah 62:4)
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by MuttleyLaff: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
elantraceey:
Like the op, having an idea of who a Christian is and is not.
Well good start for anyone who wants to raise their game

elantraceey:
If you go through my profile, there's a thread on it
I earlier skimmed through your profile before
but I couldnt see anything noticeable, thats why I posted those questions

elantraceey:
I can't say if it's for the better or worse
because to you it might be worse but to me it's better.
I am just curious to know, thats all
My curiosity isnt about forming any opinion of mine,
You telling if for worse or better will be respected and accepted without prejudice
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by elantraceey(f): 1:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Well good start for anyone who wants to raise their game
I'm someone that hates sitting on the fence, being average, neither here nor there and sadly that's what's 70% of Christians are today, neither hot nor cold .

I earlier skimmed through your profile before. I couldnt see anything noticeable thats why I posted those questions

Can a Christian become an atheist is the thread you should check.

I am just curious to know, thats all
My curiosity isnt about forming any opinion of mine,
You telling if for worse or better will be respected and accept without prejudice

Well I think it's a lot better.
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2017
An2elect2:
Lol there are. But its not possible for men to become Christians by themselves

Read again.
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by Awoo88: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
I appreciate your wishful thinking, energy and idea
but I havent asked you about being called
, with the usual respect and endearment, a "niggar" or "nigga"

You're pretending that you havent got the drift
The questions, I asked, which you unashamedly ignored to respond back to, again are:
Are you a nigger?
Do you address yourself as a nigger?
Do you answer back when being called a nigger?
Why dont you cheerfully appreciate being called a nigger?
Stop acting smart when you are not!!! An average black American is proud to wear the niggar tag. why are you missing things up. I am not a niggar so why should any body call me that And why should I pick offense if one ignorant person call what I am not stop being cleaver by half. in fact, stop trying to be smart because you are not.
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by 9inches(m): 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2017
Number 4 seems to indict non-Catholics. tongue
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by ApostleEbuka(m): 3:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
An2elect2:
This is the assurance that comes from hearing the gospel of Christ and the cross. It is not built on wishful thinking but is a confirmation of the gospel we have received. There is power in the message of the cross (men cant see it literarily but they can see the effect of it and still not know how it came about) . This power turns men to children who would take their Father's word for it. Nothing more nothing less. Matthew 18:3

Truly i tell you except you change and become like little children you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven

Finally after retyping over and over again .
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by MuttleyLaff: 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
Awoo88:
Stop acting smart when you are not!!!
An average black American is proud to wear the niggar tag.
why are you missing things up.
I am not a niggar so why should any body call me that
I'll tell you who really is mixing things up

Very often, people confuse "niggar" with "nigger"
I have all along been asking you about the latter and not the former

Are you a nigger?
Why dont you cheerfully appreciate being called a nigger?

Awoo88:
And why should I pick offense if one ignorant person call what I am not
[s]stop being cleaver by half. in fact, stop trying to be smart because you are not[/s]
You dont have to pick offense if one ignorant person called you nigger
I am glad, you know, you arent a nigger and so will shrug it off and just walk away
The point however is, you wont necessarily be pleased that the ignorant person called you nigger
and undoubtedly wont be happy that an ignorant person treats you like a nigger
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by opethom(m): 4:17pm On Nov 19, 2017
the reason is simple, Christianity is a scam, how can you tell us that someone was in a fish for 3 days, a virgin gave birth and all ya lies, we have 4,200 religions in the world, stop telling us shit about your fuckry religion, I'll rather be an habbalist than to go back to your unorganized religion... In only Christan we have CnS, deper life, Celestia, redeem, SCOAN, mountain of fire, and so on, this is a fucking white man religion, they brainwashed africa and rubish our very own religion, they told us oduduwa came to this world with Jain, Christian will tell you na lie, is not possible, na juju, something you can see o, at your backyard. But Oyinbo told us that a virgin gave birth, you carry ham for head.... CHRISTIANITY IS A SCAM!!!!
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by Rozaytee: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
Olumaeme:
Is it not the same Christians who pray before going in arm Robbery operation? Even ashawo too dey go church after Saturday night business...

Religion is just something else
cus we are in d end times... don't be surprised
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by dumodust(m): 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2017
An2elect2:
Funny. Christian apartheid? never heard of it.

About the post. There are too many people living good lives already and if its about morality Christ death was a waste then.

God knows His own but have we forgotten God uses men, warning, trouble (means) to draw men to Himself.
apartheid is a form of segregation... the message may get lost by not hanging out once in a while with people you intend to convert, conduct matters a lot, not just rhetoric. warnings used to come from prophets in the bible, whuch is not the topic today...
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by An2elect2(f): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2017
dumodust:

apartheid is a form of segregation... the message may get lost by not hanging out once in a while with people you intend to convert, conduct matters a lot, not just rhetoric. warnings used to come from prophets in the bible, whuch is not the topic today...
That's a strong point. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by ndubueze92(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
ifenes:
They ain't Christians because their level of reasoning well developed and they can detect lies better than the Christians.
This is not being a libralist, or thinking that academics has broadened your mind! It's all about having respect for the One true God.
Man can't fight with God. In the days of ignorance, He overlooks all our blasphemies .
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by Greyman11(m): 8:59am On Nov 20, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRUE CHRISTIANS AND FALSE CHRISTIANS IS "NOTHING".

THEY'RE ALL THE SAME HYPOCRITICAL, JUDGEMENTAL, "CHERRY-PICKING" PACK OF WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING.
bro.. I was seeing it that way till I met a lecturer in my University days, he was and still is the most senior lecturer in my department in the person of Prof. T.C Chineke ( department of physics, Imo state university) when u encounter him, u will know that christ is really in people, if u are in south east and u are still having doubts about genuine christians, take a trip to Imo state university and ask for prof. T.C Chineke in the above said department. If u can have a chat with him for just 30 minutes, U will see what christian life is all about.. Just try.. And the same goes to any other person that is willing to clear dis doubts..
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by CAPSLOCKED: 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2017
Greyman11:

bro.. I was seeing it that way till I met a lecturer in my University days, he was and still is the most senior lecturer in my department in the person of Prof. T.C Chineke ( department of physics, Imo state university) when u encounter him, u will know that christ is really in people, if u are in south east and u are still having doubts about genuine christians, take a trip to Imo state university and ask for prof. T.C Chineke in the above said department. If u can have a chat with him for just 30 minutes, U will see what christian life is all about.. Just try.. And the same goes to any other person that is willing to clear dis doubts..

YOU KNOW MY PROBLEM WITH ALL OF YOU?
YOU THOROUGHLY BELIEVE THAT WITH "CHRIST" YOU HAVE GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT.

WHAT IF YOU WERE BORN TO A FULANI FAMILY IN SOKOTO?
OR A HINDU FAMILY IN NEPAL?
OR A JEWISH FAMILY IN JERUSALEM?
OR A HARE KRISHNA WORSHIPPING FAMILY IN INDIA?
OR TO THE VIKINGS OF ICELAND?

YOU'D HAVE NEVER BEEN A CHRISTIAN.

I'M SORRY BUT YOUR "CHRIST" IS NOT THE ULTIMATE, AND YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE OF YOUR FAMILY. I'M SURE YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHERS'S GREAT GRAND FATHER AND HIS SIBLINGS WERE AMONG THE SLAVES WHO WERE CHAINED AND WHIPPED BY THE MISSIONARIES FROM SPAIN AND BRITAIN, AND FORCED TO ACCEPT JESUS.
A LOT OF THEM WERE KILLED IN THAT PROCESS, SOME WERE BURNT AT THE STAKES FOR BEING WITCHES OR BECAUSE THEY REJECTED CHRISTIANITY.
MEANWHILE.. THOSE WHITE MISSIONARIES SMUGGLED ALL THE GOLD AND PRECIOUS MATERIALS AND COMPENSATED THE BLACK MEN WITH BIBLES, "THE WORD OF GOD", AND WHISKEY.

AND I MUST ADD.... ALL YOUR PASTORS AND GENERAL OVERSEERS ARE ATHEISTS.
THE CHURCH IS ONLY THEIR BUSINESS CENTERS.

BYE.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by Greyman11(m): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU KNOW MY PROBLEM WITH ALL OF YOU?
YOU THOROUGHLY BELIEVE THAT WITH "CHRIST" YOU HAVE GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT.

WHAT IF YOU WERE BORN TO A FULANI FAMILY IN SOKOTO?
OR A HINDU FAMILY IN NEPAL?
OR A JEWISH FAMILY IN JERUSALEM?
OR A HARE KRISHNA WORSHIPPING FAMILY IN INDIA?
OR TO THE VIKINGS OF ICELAND?

YOU'D HAVE NEVER BEEN A CHRISTIAN.

I'M SORRY BUT YOUR "CHRIST" IS NOT THE ULTIMATE, AND YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN BECAUSE OF YOUR FAMILY. I'M SURE YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHERS'S GREAT GRAND FATHER AND HIS SIBLINGS WERE AMONG THE SLAVES WHO WERE CHAINED AND WHIPPED BY THE MISSIONARIES FROM SPAIN AND BRITAIN, AND FORCED TO ACCEPT JESUS.
A LOT OF THEM WERE KILLED IN THAT PROCESS, SOME WERE BURNT AT THE STAKES FOR BEING WITCHES OR BECAUSE THEY REJECTED CHRISTIANITY.
MEANWHILE.. THOSE WHITE MISSIONARIES SMUGGLED ALL THE GOLD AND PRECIOUS MATERIALS AND COMPENSATED THE BLACK MEN WITH BIBLES, "THE WORD OF GOD", AND WHISKEY.

AND I MUST ADD.... ALL YOUR PASTORS AND GENERAL OVERSEERS ARE ATHEISTS.
THE CHURCH IS ONLY THEIR BUSINESS CENTERS.

BYE.
hahahahahahahahahhaaha first of all he is not a pastor and am not a penticostal believer, when u meet someone that has genuienly encountered christ and not all dose gulible pastors, u will understand what am saying.. If u followed my text well, I told u he is a professor, he is a professor recognised in Nigeria and China in atmospheric physics, when u have an encounter of money wit a christian, that is when u will really know weda christ is in him or her..
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 21, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Thanks for your knee-jerk recaction and rudely brief response
but seriously I don't think you really are properly informed
because that's not what God calls you, it's what the world calls you or says who you are.
Here is the why(s):
Are you a nigger?
Have you now begun to catch the drift?

why are u making it sound like being called a christian is a bad thing, christ doesnt call us christians, agreed; we are called christians in the world to diffentiate us from other religion that is how it started in antioch, or dont u think the people of antioch wanted to identify the followers of christ? whether it's a form of mockery or jest, it has come to stay cos we dont see it as that.
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by MuttleyLaff: 6:14am On Nov 21, 2017
desreek9:
why are u making it sound like being called a christian is a bad thing,
I am sorry, if it comes across as calling a spade a spade
You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig
The reality is, being called Christi-anos or Christian, from day one of the invention of the word, is a bad thing.

By default and custom, the disciples never wrote any letter addressing or calling each other, using the Christi-anos or Christian epithet
if you find any place in the bible, where they addressed themselves or called each other by the Christi-anos or Christian word, bring it to my notice.
Please, in your findings, exclude afterthought bible versions or translations

The word Christi-anos or Christian is not a complimentary epithet, similarly like the infamous word, nigger, isnt.

desreek9:
christ doesnt call us christians, agreed;
Agreeing that Christ didn't or doesnt call us Christi-anos or Christian is a good start
but dont you wonder why God/Christ didn't or doesnt call us Christians?

Dont you ever wonder why, if the christian term is so palatable or that acceptable,
why neither Paul, Peter, any of the other Apostles, disciples, etcetera ever addressed themselves or called each other by the Christi-anos or Christian word?

desreek9:
we are called christians in the world to diffentiate us from other religion that is how it started in antioch
The word Christi-anos or Christian, is legacy nickname for the disciples, invented by the residents of Antioch

Tacitus was a senator and a historian of the Roman Empire, who once wrote:
''Those who were vulgarly known by the name of Christians''

desreek9:
or dont u think the people of Antioch wanted to identify the followers of christ?
Disciples are followers and/or learners but not all followers of Christ are disciples or learners

Just as Jesus in the Bible days, had some many followers, so today and now, we have so many people follow Jesus

People follow Jesus about for some many different and/or diverse reasons
It is no different today, to the Bible days, where not all followers of Jesus, were disciples or learners.

desreek9:
whether it's a form of mockery or jest, it has come to stay cos we dont see it as that.
When did it come to stay?
Who, has it come to stay with?
Can I the three occurrences where Christi-anos or Christian is explicitly mentioned in the Bible and the etymology of the word?
Also did the early believers or Apostles explicitly called themselves Christians?

desreek9:
or dont u think the people of antioch wanted to identify the followers of christ?
Certain truths, can only be clearly seen or understood with the wisdom of age and grace of God
In youth we learn, in age we understand
First go learn the meaning of what the people of Antioch and King Agrippa were implying when they used the Christi-anos or Christian
and then speak.

desreek9:
whether it's a form of mockery or jest, it has come to stay cos we dont see it as that
The disciples were called Christians first in Antioch
By who? By God? No.
By Jesus or by the disciples themselves? No, no, no
Who then by? By the people at Antioch, it was men and women, the people at Antioch famous for coining nicknames who said who they thought the Jesus Christ and the disciples were

That piece of information about its man, would lead you to what's going on here with the use of the word Christi-anos or Christian

Jesus asked the disciples: ''Who do people say I am?''
After the disciples gave all manner of answers, He zeroed in.
''But what about you?'' He asked. ''Who do you say I am?''

Here is me, taking a leaf from Jesus,
and now too, asking, not what do people call you, not what others say you are, not whether they call you a Christian or not
but am asking: desreek9, who do you say, you are?
Re: Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All by Mryacks: 2:38pm On Nov 21, 2017
An2elect2:
5 The message of the cross is vague to you
All your life you heard Christ died for sinners but its weird when you really want to look at it. You wonder why he had to die on a tree and if there was no other way out for men. When you behold him on the cross, you can't see your sin upon him like everyone says because well you still sin. You can't understand the resurrection cos sin still has a strong hold on you even after "giving your life to Christ" or being born in a "Christian family" You would wonder why He is the saviour or how his death made a difference but you are afraid of labels so you don't want to seek to find answers. You might look "Antichrist" to other false religious Christians who just want to live as they want. Nothing adds up to you!

If you were bolder you would confess the message of the cross is foolishness to you (sin makes you shy too and hides you from the truth.)

But what is foolishness to you is what has saved the passionate Christians!

6, You are not sure you are saved This isn't the occasional weakening of faith that needs strengthening through prayer, studying of the word or fellowship, this is a whole different kind of doubt that comes from lack of saving faith. If you are not sure that you will be with Jesus once you pass on, it's a telling sign that you are not saved. And the gospel you heard only came by word with no assurance or power. You are just hoping you make it? You wont if you are not sure.The stern warning from Paul to the Corinthians about knowing for sure if they are in the faith should not be taken lightly. It is very important for us to know our stand else we stand no where with God
[[[ Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test? ]]]
2Corinthians 13:5

Think about this. Was there a man in the Bible that got saved and was still not sure Christ was in him? Was there a man that knew God and lived in doubt of meeting Him after here?

The Christian is such a "mysterious" being that his life ceased the day he got saved. He felt the agony of suffering and burden of death. And also the newness of life, a different life. Can you say the same? Have you reached that point where you realize you have no life but Christ. People say "go get a life" They tell you to go make a meaning out of your life, be ambitious, aim for the good things of life. But a Christian has no life to live anymore, he only has Christ who is now his life.

When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.[/ Colossians 3:4

If this is the case for a man, how can he think he is not sure yet if he would be with the Lord when he dies.

I mean he has Christ/Light in him, he was dead and brought to life, how can he be in the dark about his faith? If Lazarus knew he was alive again when Christ commanded him to come forth how can you not know you alive when God brings you to life. Except you are yet dead in your sins

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Beautiful....thank you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / Lust Inspired Requests By Pastor Adeboye / ' Atheist Professor ' Gets Embarrassed By Superior Logical Thinker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.