Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

His Imperfection 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Imperfection 1 (556 Views)

Helen's Imperfection / Beautiful Imperfection (poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

His Imperfection 1 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
I felt the rush of adrenaline all over as I struggled within myself to walk down the aisle, but the firm grip of my father was reassuring and comforting. He could feel my nervousness and discomfort so he turned towards me and with a face shining bright like a polished diamond, he smiled and whispered, “My child, you will be fine.” Those words were all I wanted to hear, I tried relaxing and smiled underneath my veil, but tears gathered in my eyes. Tears of joy, tears of uncertainty, tears of fear. I was going to drop off the name of my father, I was going to be tied forever to a man who I loved, that felt good, but then remembering his imperfection, I became confused but deep within me, deep within the gully of my soul, I knew I loved him and together we both will build an empire.

“Yes I do”, I announced loudly when the priest asked if I was willing to take Adekola Williams as my lawfully wedded husband. There were thundering cheers from well-wishers, friends and families as the pries t proclaimed me Mrs Chioma Adekola Williams. I could not control my emotion as rivulet of tears flowed freely into the Atlantic Ocean

Meeting Kola was by chance, but getting married to him was by choice. I made that choice and I was ready to do anything to make my marriage work out. Nobody is perfect, not even me, so why should I blame Kola for his imperfection?

Adekola was the man of my dreams, the man I had always pictured myself with. He was a young successful man. When I met him at age 25, he had built his mansion, and he owned three cars. Who would find such a successful young guy like that these days? Adekola was such a hardworking and intelligent man. At age 21, he was not only a first class graduate of Industrial Engineering, but also a cyber-god. He was into blogging and he was hitting good money through that. He got a very good job after graduating. He was working with the popular oil company—Shell. When I met him, he was planning to start up his own company. I would consider myself lucky meeting him.

In comparison to Kola, I was not too successful, I was just a young poor child from a poor background, struggling to get daily bread. As an only child, our parents did all they could to sponsor my education and eventually I graduated with a second class upper division and I thought getting a job with a result like wouldn’t prove so difficult. I wandered from one broadcasting house to another seeking for a job as a mass communication graduate, but all to no avail. I decided to take up a teaching job to feed myself and stop depending on my old parents for survival, and I thank God for that decision I made because it gave me the opportunity to meet Adekola Willliams.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Its My Birthday. / 4 Questions That Can Help You Build Confidence / SILVERHORSE - Chapter One - Cassandra And I - (episode1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.