Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,477 members, 7,846,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:55 AM

You Want To Be Self Made... Get Involved - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / You Want To Be Self Made... Get Involved (496 Views)

Are U Thinking Of A Good Side Hustle?get Involved In Mini Importation!!! / How To Turn $100 Into $1 Million, According To 9 Self-made Millionaires / Make 20$ Minimum Weekly. Take Charge Of Your 2019. Get Involved In The Fx Mkt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Want To Be Self Made... Get Involved by 2babakizzy: 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2017
I'm sharing this because it is thought-provoking. I wish you could forward it to every youth known to you, so they can have a piece of it. And let the sleeping giants rise.

"My Dear Nigerian Youths", by Prof. Isa.

I am very angry and that is why I am addressing you.

You are the source of my anger and I want to vent my spleen- maybe not at you directly- but at the arrogance of your ignorance.

You sit in front of a computer and rant all day through social media but with every click, you make money - not for yourself - but for Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook).

With every megabyte of data you spend complaining and maligning, you make stupendous bucks for Etisalat, Glo and Airtel.

Over the next two years, the number of Nigerian millionaires will jump by 47% but most likely you will not be among because you are too busy whining and complaining. And yet about 60% of Nigeria’s 170m population are below 35 years. Oh, what a waste! By the way, Mark Zuckerberg was 19 when he started Facebook.

Africa’s youngest billionaire, Ashish Thakkar, is 31. He escaped from the Rwandan genocide and relocated to Uganda where he started an IT business.

Collin Thornton, who made his millions by fixing bad computers and setting up Dial-a-Nerd, is 35.

Adam Horowitz, an 18-year-old entrepreneur, started 30 websites in 3 years before he became successful.

The only thing you have ever started is an online petition. Have you heard of Jason Njoku? He’s 33 and the founder of Iroko TV. He received $8m investment into his company just a few years ago. What he does? Sharing the same Nollywood films that you spend hours to watch online. He didn’t just hang around waiting for Buhari to make something happen or blaming Jonathan for not making anything happen.

Kamal Budhabhatti was deported from Kenya but while on the flight, he thought of the opportunities in Kenya. He found his way back after 6 months and today his company is valued at $30m. He’s 36.

Have you heard of Chinedu Echeruo? Apple just paid $1b for his app. He’s a Nigerian like you and all he did was attempt to fix a problem. But for you, the only thing you attempt to fix are your nails- and your hairdo! Chinedu moved to New York in 1995 and found it difficult to navigate the city with ease so he developed HopStop to fix the problem.

Stop listing all the problems - we know them already but what are you doing about them?

Awolowo was 37, Akintola was 36, Ahmadu Bello was 36, Tafawa Balewa was 34, Okotie-Eboh was 27 and Enahoro was 27 at the time of independence of Nigeria.

In 1966, the first coup was led by Kaduna Nzeogwu (29) and stopped by Murtala Mohammed (28), TY Danjuma (28), IBB (25), Sanni Abacha (23) and Shehu Yar'adua (23).

It brought in Yakubu Gowon as Head of State at 32 and Olusegun Obasanjo at 29.

You are in your 40s and you still sag your trousers.

Of course, you know Linda Ikeji. You’ve spent hundreds of hours on her blog laughing and commenting while she smiles her way to the bank.

She’s just built a house for her father in the village- just by you clicking on her gossip and sharing.

Your day is not complete without a stop by at her blog. She was as broke as you are but she turned a hobby into a business.

Are you that void of understanding?

You think those politicians have any regard for you?

That is why I referred to the arrogance of your ignorance at the beginning of this diatribe.

You have a false estimation of yourself. You have an over bloated ego.

You are only as good as an election ticket - pure and simple. You are only good to be used and discarded like a used ballot paper. Who keeps a used ballot paper anyway? That is why they only remember you every four years.

The word CHANGE belongs to the masses not to selected few, my friend sent this to me & I couldn't resist the urge not to share this,
Awake the entrepreneural spirit in you,

Pls read this article patiently and carefully.��� EVERY MOVE COUNTS GO START SOMETHING, JOIN THE PIONEERS OF PIUNI AND SECURE A SPARKLING FUTURE
Re: You Want To Be Self Made... Get Involved by 2babakizzy: 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2017
*Your Network is your Network*

Align yourself with people that you can learn from, people who want more out of life, people who are stretching and searching and seeking some higher ground in life.” 

“Just because Fate doesn’t deal you the right cards, it doesn’t mean you should give up. It just means you have to play the cards you get to their maximum potential.” 

“The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, or determined to carry our their dream.”

“If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.” Les Brown
Re: You Want To Be Self Made... Get Involved by 2babakizzy: 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
The Power of Excuse

1. “I’m not good enough.”

Reality: There are people not as smart, talented or experienced as you who got started and are already ahead of you.

2. “I don’t have the time.”

Reality: Success doesn’t come from having time. It comes from making time.

3. “I don’t have the money.”

Reality: You don’t need money to make money. You need a mission. Then deliver value to those who have the money.

4. “I don’t know the right people.”

Reality: You can change who you know and who knows you today. Start by being the kind of person you would want to know.

5. “It’s not the right time.”

Reality: There is always a right action in good times and bad times, which means it is always the right time.

6. “It’s not that easy.”

Reality: No it’s not. Which is why most people never try, and most people never reach their full potential. But you’re not most people. Always remember nothing good & long lasting comes easy.

7. “I don’t deserve it.”

Reality: Success isn’t earned by those who deserve most, but those who serve most.

What’s stopping you? Success doesn't go to those who have the most ambition, but those who have the least excuses. Excuses are the brake pedals in life, and you can’t get going if the brakes are on.

So start by replacing every excuse with action.
Re: You Want To Be Self Made... Get Involved by 2babakizzy: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
PIUNI
Join the worlds leading technological firm.

What Is PIUNI?

Piuni is a technological firm, a global franchise company from TEXAS USA dealing in over 50,000 Telecommunication and Value Transfer services such as:
Mobile Top-up around the globe And different Bill payment Options in; Electricity, Water, Transport, Education, Groceries, TV, internet, Insurance and all kinds of Financial payments to mention but few of the 50,000+ Value Transfer Services of this Company.
Partnership with PIUNI has a paying Capacity of $400 to $800 dollars daily. Its NO joke!!!
Time is of the essence,
join the team now and be a pioneer of this Technological Company.

Piuni is no Joke.
We mean serious business. Be on the moving plane with the moving people.
WEALTH IS NOT CREATED BY COMPETENCE ...

We do not create wealth by competence, we do that by creating a system. True wealth is created by a system. But it takes lots of time, efforts, brainstorming and patience to build a system. But once it is built,wealth is generated in quantum.

Aliko Dangote has done business for over thirty years and in 2014, he was rated 23rd richest man in the world by Forbes, with over $16B.But Mark Zuckerberg made over $33B then.Currently, Dangote is rated the 67th richest man in the world with estimated worth of $12.5B.And Mark is rated the 5th richest man in the world with estimated worth of $63.3B.

Dangote started his business in 1981.By implication, he has operated for 36years. Mark started his business on 4th February, 2004.By implication, he has operated for 13years now.

Currently, Dangote is 60years and Mark is 33years. So, you can see that by business competence, Dangote is more experienced. But by system competence, Mark is more experienced. So the question is, what is Dangote selling and what is Mark selling?

The goods of Dangote are uncomfortable, I mean his competencies. And those goods are consumed daily. But Mark does not sell anything. He just built a system:Facebook. From here, he bought Watsap.He bought watsap from BRIAN ACTON AND JAN KOUM ON FEBRUARY 2014.

These systems gave Mark a heavy financial push just in 13years, a push the totality of Dangote's goods could not give him in 36years. Just imagine! What does this show? It shows simply the great power of TECHNOLOGY.

Thank God Dangote has noticed the changes thus he is now investing in internet business. and, technology.

Do you think your customers are the only ones that come to your shop? No! That era of business is gradually fading away. With technology, you can sell beyond those that come to your shop.Believe me, if you have not woken up to acknowledge of technology in your business life, you will soon go out of business. Technology is the easiest way to make money. If you don't understand it now, don't worry, you will understand it later.The crux of the matter is that you must understand it.

Just look at GT bank, when you topup through their bank, they will tell you the last number you are. A friend of mine did it yesterday and he got an sms that he was the number 67000 and something that have topped up.Meanwhile, the day had not elapsed.

Assuming on the average, two million people toppedup via their bank, and they have N10 commission on each, at the end of the month, just imagine the kind of money they made just from topup.I never talked about other e-services they offer. Do you think it was for fun that they partnered with the local telecommunication providers? Not at all. That is the power of system, and technology.

How would you feel if you have such a system that can allow you to be making 10% of such profits? This time, it is not going to be only local topups, but international topup.This is exactly what PIUNI TECHNOLOGY represents. The taste of the pudding is in the eating.

I can help you come into such a system and secure your future and that of your unborn children. Wealth is not created by competence, instead by a system. Take note, this opportunity will soon close. And nothing pains as a missed opportunity. Think about this.
Contact me on this number: +2348034795970

Good day pal.

(1) (Reply)

I Need 30k For 10 Days Will Repay 40k / How Sept 28 & 29 Can Change Your Financial Life Forever! / Flawless Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.