Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,024 members, 7,814,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

You Wannna Be Rich? Learn A Skill! - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / You Wannna Be Rich? Learn A Skill! (753 Views)

One most precious resource you must be very smart with if you want to be rich / If You Have This Rosewood, You Will Be Rich. / Learn A Secret In Binary Options Trading That Fetch You $10 A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Wannna Be Rich? Learn A Skill! by donjaz123(m): 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2017
Everyone of us want to be rich. We want to be successful, but many of us don't wanna work it out. We are looking for get-rich-quick schemes; and i tell you, it may seem that you are getting rich quick, but soon you'll get-poor-quickly ( I have experienced this and believe me it didn't go well for me!).

I have heard a lot about making money. And the best way to get monthly streams of income is by learning a skill..
So which skill did I choose? Well, I chose fashion designing! and it has paid me well...

I reside in Port Harcourt and I have been eager to equip myself with a fashion designing skill. I saw many fashion designers in Nigeria and Abroad; I saw many of the attires they designed and I was thrilled, fascinated, bumfuzzled!

Sorry for the big grammars, I happen to be a graduate with a Bsc. in Engineering, but due to the state of the country, I was drenched in what to me, I termed poverty. Nevertheless, I will try to make this post as simple as I can.

What made me surprised was that previously, I ignorantly saw fashion designers as common tailors, wishing to make meagre monthly income...I never knew there was a lot of money in it. Especially when you have the right knowledge concerning it.

To those of you who still feel fashion designing or tailoring (whatever you call it) is for the poor..I will advise you to think again because, I was in the same situation, with the same backstabbing mindset!
Thank God for bringing me out, now I'm living the life I always wanted.

Yes, you may feel getting that degree is the most important thing in life. Well, I have gotten it, and I'm telling you it isn't so important to me now. You never know how life will be in the future. Thats why for every plan A there must be a Plan B and if possible a Plan C.

I felt that once I graduated from the university, I will land a handsome well paid job, a beautiful wife with kids and live the life I always imagined.
Well, it was all a different story 2 years ago!

I am not trying to discourage education..What I'm emphasizing on is that you should not depend solely on education.. Learn a skill..
I got the vision of learning a skill, late! Although i made sure it didn't get too late.

Now back to the subject of the matter. I seemed to be fashion inclined, but I never knew, maybe because it was recessive in me. I thought I hated fashion and that fashion was for dummies. Funny enough I came to meet mathematics in fashion designing. Lol

The recession was telling on me. I felt deep down inside me that i needed to do something, and needed to act fast. I knew that I had to acquire a skill, and I said let me try out this Fashion design, since I loved looking classy.

I was so eager and began my journey. I hardly slept day or night without researching for one fashion training school or the other. I didnt mind whether I went to a big institution or a small one, what I sought after was the quality training.

I went to 3 different fashion centres and all they did was turn me to an errand boy.

SMH.

They sometimes hid knowledge from me, I saw it as being wicked, and most times i confronted my trainers, they got annoyed. I knew if i stayed there one more minute, I'd not achieve what I want. What got me really amazed was how much they recorded each month. The least I remember was about 150,000 naira monthly. Funny enough, it wasn't a big institution, was just a small compartment, and yet that amount was made in a month...in ten months thats about 1.5 mill.
Thats a whole lot..

So where am I going?

You need to equip yourself with a skill. I joined a lot of so called investment programs that promised I would make millions on auto pilot...Well did I make the millions? NO!
Was i Scammed? YES!
Come to think of it, these scammers learnt a skill..some are web designers..

So I thought to myself...since this degree has not shown any positive results for the past 7 months. Let me try learning a skill.

I left the so called fashion training centres that claimed to train me, but were actually turning me to an errand boy.

One fateful day! My search was over. I came across a nice fashion Training Institution. I am more than happy to mention her name.
The name of this fashion training Institute is
FEZU Couture Fashion Training Institute.
(You can search it on Google)
This was and is my life saver. I cant forget her founder Mrs. Ekemere Anthonia. The only downside is that it is only based in Port Harcourt. Though she plans to take the Institution nationwide in the next 2 years.

On getting there, i told her that I wanted to learn fashion designing, and that I had prior knowledge. She was a little pricey though. She said she was gonna test me. She did..and well, I failed the test! I'm even happy i did. She trained me, and I had to start from the beginning. I had to abandon all my previous knowledge about sewing or fashion design...and start afresh, and it helped me out..

I will be more than glad to mention her website:
This is the link to her website: FEZU Couture Fashion Training Institute.

She trained me for a year...and she charged me 150,000 naira though. I told her I was gonna pay in 3 installments; and made it clear to her that if i wasn't satisfied with the services, I'd stop. I remembered that she just smiled.

Well it's been more than a year now! Though I hustled the money out, It is little compared to what I'm earning now.
Im glad to say I'm a 6 figure monthly earner, just from fashion designing..
I put interest in what other people condemned! and its paying well!
Take interest in the things that other people reject, work on it and I tell you it will pay off.

Well, sewing is not as easy as it seems, you've gotta do a lot of reasoning and maybe a few calculations (division and addition, which are really easy to come around). You have to be creative!
and above all you need the passion and perseverance!
Let me stop here for now.

I intend to start training individuals like my mentor Mrs. Ekemere Anthonia! Though for now, I just render services to both Nigerians on and also abroad on ebay, and shopify.
Yes! Abroad.
You've gotta think big on everything you do.

Education is key, Quite alright, but a key can't open Every door. BUT, Skill acquisition + Education is a master key, as far as I'm concerned.

I owe my Fashion trainer a lot. I wish to use this platform (Nairaland) to do so for now...I'll use other platforms.
She really tried for me. She treated me like a son! Whoa! I have a lot stuck in my heart towards her.

Seun or any other nairaland mod, if you can please move this to front page, I will really appreciate it! Thanks.

If you stay in Port Harcourt and want to learn standard fashion design, then FEZU Couture is the best place to be.
You can find her contact details here : FEZU Couture -Contact Us.

I focused mainly on fashion design cause thats what I am good at. This does not mean you must learn only fashion design. You can learn cake making, shoe wrapping, dyes, etc.
Just do something with your time rather than waste 2 years constantly browsing on google for "Ways to Get rich".
Learn a skill, work on it, and when other people see it they will invest in it!

You wanna be riCh? Get up and go learn a skill!
Re: You Wannna Be Rich? Learn A Skill! by BornAgainMay: 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2017
Bro. Learn skill is pretty good.

I don't encourage graduates to go learning tailoring. You can be a fashion designer without undergoing another years in fashion school.
Unless you wasted your years in university.
Re: You Wannna Be Rich? Learn A Skill! by donjaz123(m): 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2017
BornAgainMay:
Bro. Learn skill is pretty good.

I don't encourage graduates to go learning tailoring. You can be a fashion designer without undergoing another years in fashion school.
Unless you wasted your years in university.

Thanks for your contribution.
I just wanted to share my own experience...I'm not saying you should make it a full time income, just a side income while you patiently look and wait for that nice job, considering the state Nigeria is in..
And this post is also for those who for one reason or the other cant afford going to school
Re: You Wannna Be Rich? Learn A Skill! by BornAgainMay: 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2017
donjaz123:

Thanks for your contribution.
I just wanted to share my own experience...I'm not saying you should make it a full time income, just a side income while you patiently look and wait for that nice job, considering the state Nigeria is in..
And this post is also for those who for one reason or the other cant afford going to school

Fine, there are other hustles for graduate who actually know what they did in school..

They use it n pass time
Re: You Wannna Be Rich? Learn A Skill! by Vine4(m): 8:06pm On Aug 19, 2017
Why will she charge u 150,000 (NGR)?
How were u able 2 pay?
I think u were working in a company while learning 2 design becos it doesn't add up?
How will an unemployed graduate with no source of income pay such amount of money to learn a skill?
Re: You Wannna Be Rich? Learn A Skill! by donjaz123(m): 10:01pm On Aug 19, 2017
Vine4:
Why will she charge u 150,000 (NGR)?
How were u able 2 pay?
I think u were working in a company while learning 2 design becos it doesn't add up?
How will an unemployed graduate with no source of income pay such amount of money to learn a skill?

That's what she charged me, but i pleaded with her, and she gave me a little discount.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Online Creating And Selling Your Own Info-product (easy Way). / Any Promising Low-cap Cryptocurrency To Buy? / Free Forex Trading Signal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.