Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos (38533 Views)

Transformation Of Cameroonian Girl With Bow Legs Called A 'Witch' (Photo) / Woman All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery To Remove Huge Facial Tumour. Photos / Girl With Severe Bow Legs Can't Wait To Dance After Undergoing Surgery. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by Kokaine(m): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2017
rottennaija:
Why not allow him? The leg for straightened as the boy grows taller
thank you!!!

my thoughts exactly. nature is stonger
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by Rajosh(m): 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2017
rottennaija:
not in all cases o. I know one Egbon whose leg refused to straighten.

1 Like

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by classicfrank4u(m): 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2017
Choi.. will he be able to play ball with those two left legs? grin
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by ststyreal(f): 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
rottennaija:
Exactly my thought. I know someone whose own was even worst when she was little, but when I saw her of recent, the legs are all strengthened out. I don't know why they hurriedly operated on the guy.

1 Like

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by masqot(m): 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hope. I'm happy for the guy
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by Yinabim(f): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
Wow.. thank God I hope the legs don't give any problem after now
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by Greatzeus(m): 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2017
asumo12:
nairaland is like a toilet built by seun, where different people(members) come with a mask to poo. The moderators are poo caretakers and the guests, flies. Unfortunately, many members fight on top poo
Hmm toilet you said, this guy has built what he will eat for the rest of his life,it's these dummies who fight and curse each other I pity, with their low life,while seun makes his cool cash.
200m plus page views in a month! Geez you do the math. This guy is making his cool cash,call Nairaland anything you want.

1 Like

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by jel10: 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2017
rottennaija:
But, I have seen adults with this kind of legs,why did theirs not straighten by itself, if it was so easy??

1 Like

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by dapaiks: 11:28pm On Aug 19, 2017
This one na real life Photoshop cool
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by Eaglesence: 11:31pm On Aug 19, 2017
THANK GOD FOR IM LIFE. NOW WE KNOW HIS TRUE HEIGHT grin
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by CAPSLOCKED: 11:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
PotatoSalad:
a very painful procedure. chai. thank God for giving the doctors the gift to do things like this.

knew a guy that was flown to india to fix his legs. it was perfect. Thank God for modern medicine.
If this was 17th century, this dude will work full time in the village square, performing hilarious acrobatics. lol

LOL

THANK "GOD" FOR GIVING DOCTORS THE GIFT TO FIX THE "MISTAKES" MADE BY "GOD".

THIS MAKES NO SENSE BUT HEY, "GOD" WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.

1 Like

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by jemimafelix(f): 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2017
rottennaija:

This is pathological bow leg, the condition is called Blount disease. The legs will never get better or normalise.

Google is your friend, just do some searching and stop making fool of yourself.
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by Emeritusseun(m): 12:27am On Aug 20, 2017
jemimafelix:

This is pathological bow leg, the condition is called Blount disease. The legs will never get better or normalise.

madam..is it so difficult for u to make a contribution or correction without insult?..nawa oooo

4 Likes

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by KcAngel(m): 12:59am On Aug 20, 2017
Dem for leave am as him dey grow e go straighten... as he still pekin.. i don see cases like this buh now just look at... cry
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by sonnie10: 1:26am On Aug 20, 2017
ststyreal:

Exactly my thought. I know someone whose own was even worst when she was little, but when I saw her of recent, the legs are all strengthened out. I don't know why they hurriedly operated on the guy.

This one is different. It is not ricket disease. His lower leg is not concave. That is from the knee down. The tibia (lower leg) is straight but angled in.

He does not have bow legs but inclined lower legs. Look at it from the point of view that the leg is made up of two long weightbearing bones (femur and tibia) and fibula.

Femur is normally angled in about 15degrees at the hip while normal tibia at the knee joint is straight. Held in place by network of ligaments.

The growth plate had some deformity, creating problem with alignment.

Growth plate is that part of the bone in growing kids that has become the standard for measuring age using MRI. As we grow, we loose them by minerilazation.

This boy might still need another surgery because he is still growing.

4 Likes

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by harriet412(f): 1:42am On Aug 20, 2017
jemimafelix:

Aunty na by force to comment undecided must u insult

1 Like

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by harriet412(f): 1:44am On Aug 20, 2017
Those legs tho' lipsrsealed..Hope he walks well and does not develop any complication
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 4:27am On Aug 20, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL
THANK "GOD" FOR GIVING DOCTORS THE GIFT TO FIX THE "MISTAKES" MADE BY "GOD".

THIS MAKES NO SENSE BUT HEY, "GOD" WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.
Nnaa buy me okpa and coke before i reply you..
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by Berrypie(f): 5:09am On Aug 20, 2017
rottennaija:
He has passed the age where it can straighten on its own. This is the best intervention. Once a child passes three years and it doesn't straighten, the parent should start watching well.
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by FabioPeter: 5:35am On Aug 20, 2017
rottennaija:

NEVER
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by mechanics(m): 6:11am On Aug 20, 2017
Laryne:
Make him leg no go cut for training o...
lolz

1 Like

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by beaversticks(m): 6:48am On Aug 20, 2017
used to be like that
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by rottennaija(m): 6:49am On Aug 20, 2017
ststyreal:

Thank you for these. I know I have seen a kid whose leg was worse just leg ever. But as he grew, the leg straightened out so that no one will ever know he was like that
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by AnanseK(m): 6:51am On Aug 20, 2017
nenergy:
Surgeons in the house. How was this procedure done, cut and join?

The surgeons did a good job and the legs will improve as he grows. This was severe genu varus deformity. In his own case this may not be a problem of vitamin D metabolism causing rickets but looks to me like faulty ossification due to pseudo achondroplasia. Although we cannot see the lower end of femur in the post operative picture , complex osteotomy must have been performed in stages. He must have had plaster casts and a long stay in hospital and a number of alternating operations and immobilization.
With such severe deviation of the mechanical axis far beyond the medial quadrant of the knees , this operation came a little late but many clinical problems have been averted. Congratulations to patient and to the surgeons.

3 Likes

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by Amanda85(f): 7:10am On Aug 20, 2017
this one tire m oo
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by Lightening: 7:13am On Aug 20, 2017
jemimafelix:

You can still educate without insults na
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by eyekaynoble: 7:30am On Aug 20, 2017
Transformed from bow-leg to k-leg grin
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by olarent: 7:46am On Aug 20, 2017
any surgeon in the house, can the surgery be performed in Nigeria? my sister suffer safe fate and she is 27 coating someone that say the leg will straight when growing it's very rare.
Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by don4real18(m): 8:11am On Aug 20, 2017
nenergy:
Surgeons in the house. How was this procedure done, cut and join?
The bones are broken into pieces and fixed again

1 Like

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by stanboy28(m): 8:17am On Aug 20, 2017
Laryne:
Make him leg no go cut for training o...

1 Like

Re: Young Boy 'Maurinho' With Bow Legs All Smiles After Undergoing Surgery. Photos by softwerk(f): 8:19am On Aug 20, 2017
brightnelly:
God will grant him his heart desires cry

Just the way he granted him his leg desire grin

Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mentally-Challenged Patient Escapes From Psychiatric Hospital In Lagos (Photo) / Papilloma Deadly Virus Is A Virus Gotten From Kissing, Please Kiss Less Humans / My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.