Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ The Almighty God? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ The Almighty God? (374 Views)

CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? / CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? / Christian Trinity: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ The Almighty God? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2017
PART FIVE

As usual I challenge any Church leader or Pastor or Bishop in Nigeria to counter the Biblical points raised in my discussion with theirs either in this medium or in an email message sent directly to me. I will do all I can to reply them ASAP.

Someone referred me to Askquestions.org to enlighten me. The fact is that they should be referred to my write-up because I have read all they and hundreds of others wrote about the trinity and i concluded that they are just capitalizing on the ignorance of people who are too lazy to carry out a research themselves. All the biblical points raised by advocates of the trinity to support their beliefs are included here.

I am looking for learned Pastors and Bishops who will debunk my articles and not recycled articles that keep explaining what the authors themselves do not understand. I must say that while scriptures may be interpreted differently, history on the other hand, stands irrefutable.
Let me continue from where i stopped.

Trinity: Is It Really Taught In The Bible?

In most places were very serious attempts have been made to explain the Trinity Doctrine we find that the writers do their very best to first warn the readers that the doctrine cannot be understood with the carnal mind. This prepares the minds of the readers that they will not understand what is being explained because they are carnal. Thus, when they don’t understand what is being explained, they believe it’s just because they are carnal and so they never pretend they understand the explanation. Basically the belief that the Trinity Doctrine cannot be understood is why many accept it without questions.

Aristotle is a great Greek Philosopher who died about three hundred years before Jesus Christ was born. Arthur Weigall, in his Book, Paganism in our Christianity, p. 198, quotes Aristotle’s words from On the Heavens, Book I, chapter 1, by Aristotle:

"All things are three, and thrice is all: and let us use this number in the worship of the gods. For as the Pythagoreans say, everything and all things are bound by threes, for the end, the middle, and the beginnings have this number in everything, and these compose the number of the Trinity”.

Aristotle is a Greek Philosopher who has no Biblical idea of who Almighty God is but believes in the existence of demonic gods. He talked about a Trinity that was never mentioned in the Old Testament Bible. The Trinity was also not mentioned in the New Testament and no word or a combination of words in the Greek or Hebrew scriptures can be interpreted to mean the word ‘Trinity’ till date. The Almighty God has never ever been called a triune God, not even nearly, in the entire Bible, yet our very rich and influential Pastors teach that He is a three-in-one God. God will surely judge them.

Sadly senseless and unscriptural Trinity doctrine is preached today by many so-called Pastors who have no time to study the Bible to find out if it is true or not. This is because the Doctrine gives them a kind of ‘anointing’ that they feel makes them to know and understand what others do not know and cannot understand.

The French Nouveau Dictionnaire Universel (New Universal Dictionary) speaks about Plato's Trinity of the 4th and 5th centuries before Christ:

"The Platonic Trinity, itself merely a rearrangement of older trinities dating back to earlier peoples, appears to be the rational philosophical Trinity of attributes that gave birth to the 3 hypostases or divine persons taught by the Christian churches.... This Greek philosopher's conception of the divine Trinity... can be found in all the ancient [pagan] religions".

Loraine Boettner, Studies in Theology, The Presbyterian and Reformed Publishing Company, 1976, pp. 80-81, a strong believer in the Trinity says that:

“… the doctrine of the Trinity is the distinctive mark of the Christian religion, setting it apart from all the other religions of the world. Working without the benefit of the revelations made in Scripture, men have, it is true, arrived at some limited truths concerning the nature and Person of God. The pagan religions, as well as all philosophical speculations, are based on natural religion and can, therefore, rise to no higher conception than that of the unity of God. In some systems we find monotheism with its belief in only one God. In others we find polytheism with its belief in many separate gods. But none of the pagan religions, nor any of the systems of speculative philosophy have ever arrived at a trinitarian conception of God”. (Emphasis mine).

She continues doggedly:

‘The fact of the matter is that apart from supernatural revelation there is nothing in human consciousness or experience which can give man the slightest clue to the distinctive God of the Christian faith, the triune, incarnate, redeeming, sanctifying God. Some of the pagan religions have set forth triads of divinities, such as, for instance, the Egyptian triad of Osiris, Isis and Horus, which is somewhat analogous to the human family with father, mother and child; or the Hindu triad of Brahma, Vishnu and Schiva, which in the cycle of pantheistic evolution personifies the creative, preservative and destructive power of nature; or the triad set forth by Plato, of goodness, intellect and will—which are not examples of true and proper tri-personality, not real persons who can be addressed and worshipped, but only personifications of the faculties or attributes of God. None of these systems have anything in common with the Christian doctrine of the Trinity except the notion of “threeness.” (Emphasis mine)

This is really true but not in the sense she wants many to believe. The fact that she said ‘Working without the benefit of the revelations made in Scripture, men have, it is true, arrived at some limited truths concerning the nature and Person of God’, makes those who formulated the doctrine without using the Bible false teachers. It seems to me that they now claim to know more than the Disciples of Jesus Christ. The conception of the idea that Almighty God is a triune God is demonic in origin.

Everyone who believes in Almighty God knows that God is one. Where did this ‘God is three-in-one’ story come from? What is its origin? If the only common thing between the pagan concept of a triune God and that of Trinity in Christianity is the notion of “threeness” as Loraine Boettner puts it, then they have something in common really, and that is; the devil-inspired concept of a ‘God’ that is three but yet one.

Wherever it is mentioned or believed in, the Trinity Doctrine openly agrees with the belief long held sacred by worshippers of the devil. The worship of triune gods has long existed over a thousand years before the devil cunningly introduced the concept into Christianity. Note that the devil did not introduce it into the Bible but into 'Christian beliefs' through some of his agents, those who formulated the doctrine.

I maintain, like millions of other Bible reading believers, that it is this same “threeness” of God that is imported into Christianity to make us continue to worship the devil in proxy.

A Dictionary of Religious Knowledge, edited by Lyman Abbott, 1885, under the heading “Trinitarians”, states:

“Precisely what that doctrine is or rather precisely how it is to be explained, Trinitarians are not agreed among themselves”.

I will not try to pad this fact with soothing words: Call it by whatever name to deceive the elect, the Trinity Doctrine is a teaching introduced into Christianity by the devil through the agency of man. Whoever teaches it from the pulpit, no matter how highly placed or influential is simply an agent of the devil working as a man of God. We must run away from their Churches because. As it is written, by their fruits we shall know them.

The HarperCollins Encyclopedia of Catholicism, edited by Richard McBrien says in p. 564-565:

"Today, however, scholars generally agree that there is no doctrine of the Trinity as such in either the O[ld]T[estament[ or the N[ew]T[estament] ... It would go far beyond the intention and thought-forms of the O[ld]T[estament] to suppose that a late-fourth-century or thirteenth-century Christian doctrine can be found there ... Likewise, the N[ew]T[estament] does not contain an explicit doctrine of the Trinity".

Most people do not understand how Almighty God begat Jesus Christ but they nonetheless believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God because that is what is explicitly stated in the Bible. One thing I do know is that Almighty God said in the Bible that He is pleased with Jesus Christ and called him His Son. That apart, I do not understand how, why and what made Almighty God say that Jesus is His Son given that He never had any sexual relationship with Mary directly or indirectly. I only believe it because God says so in the Bible.

If I were asked why Almighty God called Jesus Christ His Son by a child, in the context in which we know how a son is sired by his father, I would only say it was because Jesus was the first being Almighty God created. But that in itself is not explicitly stated in the Bible.

I know that Almighty God is also pleased with many people but He did not call them His ‘Sons’ in the context in which He called Jesus Christ His Son. Contrary to what many believe, Almighty God did not call Jesus Christ His Son because he had no earthly father. If this were the reason why Almighty God called Jesus Christ His Son, it is not stated in the Bible. But I believe I am a Son of God because God says whoever believes that Jesus Christ is His Son has automatically been transformed into His Son too. Amen.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God because that is what the Bible teaches explicitly. No Bible reading Christian can deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. No Christian would have believed that Jesus Christ is the Son of God if it were not clearly stated that he is the Son of God in the Bible. This can’t be said for the Trinity. It is not mentioned nor insinuated anywhere in the Bible so why should I believe in it? Why should you?

Trinitarian Professor, Charles C. Ryrie, in Basic Theology, Victor Books, Wheaton, IL, 1987, writes in page 89, that:

“Many doctrines are accepted by evangelicals as being clearly taught in the Scripture for which there are no proof texts. The doctrine of the Trinity furnishes the best example of this. It is fair to say that the Bible does not clearly teach the doctrine of the Trinity . . . In fact, there is not even one proof text, if by proof text we mean a verse or passage that 'clearly' states that there is one God who exists in three persons”.

Many question the doctrine of the Trinity because it is not a teaching in the Bible. It is a contraption of men that cannot be explained because those who formulated it dealt with the early Christians who never had any access to the Bible. As at that time and for over a hundred and fifty years after then, for the ordinary citizen to own a Bible is a crime punishable by death.

The doctrine became only widely accepted when the leaders of those who opposed it were burnt at the stake and their supporters simply massacred by those supposedly preaching the ‘truth’ about Almighty God. The inquisition in which millions of Christians and Muslims were massacred is a proof that these heinous men who killed under the banner of the Cross were evil men. You just cannot have a mind to kill if you are under the control of God.

Now we have the Bible in our hands and we know that not one Prophet of God or writers of the Old Testament talked about it, neither did Jesus Christ himself, his Disciples, nor the Gospel writers ever mention it. Also none of the above was involved in the formulation of the decree that made Jesus equal with God in the year 325 A.D. It was totally a doctrine formulated by men basically to popularize their own Greek Philosophy- influenced Christian beliefs that were against the true teachings of Jesus Christ. They were bent on aligning the true teachings of the gospels with the existing popular beliefs of great Philosophers who believed that God is Three.

While the Old Testament kept talking about the coming of the Messiah, the anointed one, the King of kings etc to prepare the children of Israel to receive and believe in him, it seems Almighty God forgot that He was supposed to also tell us, through them, that He is actually a Triune God and not entirely ‘One’ God’ as the Old Testament teaches.

Ryrie, mentioned above, believes that:

“Trinity is, of course, not a Biblical word. Neither are triunity, trine, trinal, subsistence, nor essence. Yet we employ them, and often helpfully, in trying to express this doctrine which is so fraught with difficulties. Furthermore, this is a doctrine which, in the New Testament, is not explicit even though it is often said that it is implicit in the Old and explicit in the New. But explicit means “characterized by full, clear expression,” an adjective hard to apply to this doctrine. Nevertheless, the doctrine grows out of the Scriptures, so it is a Biblical teaching”.

To interpret his statement above I think this great scholar admits that the Trinity Doctrine is not clearly spoken of in the Bible but is a Biblical teaching. This is a case of ‘I believe, don’t confuse me with the scriptures’. I understand that this man is a believer in the Trinity and it will not be wise of him to admit he believes in a teaching that is not Biblical so we must excuse him.

Shirley Guthrie, professor of theology at Columbia Theological Seminary, in the Book, Christian Doctrine, 1994, p. 76, 77, wrote:

"The Bible does not teach the doctrine of the Trinity. Neither the word 'Trinity' itself nor such language as 'one-in-three,' 'three-in-one,' one 'essence' and ‘three persons,' is Biblical language. The language of the doctrine is the language of the ancient church taken from classical Greek philosophy".

(1) (Reply)

Virginity For Sale! 23-year-old Female UNIABUJA Student Set To Sell Her Virginit / Get Rid Of Hiv/aids / Warning!! Ember Month Happenings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.