Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1513523 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
Pls what are d have job opportunities in Canada and prospects of making good money.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MsLee: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello House,

I just got ITA and I know one of the requirements is to get PCC for all countries you have lived for up to 6months or more...I'm having challenge getting that of India....Please can anyone help with any necessary information that would help me. I have been to the India embassy in Lagos and they said they don't do it.

Please help me ooooooooooooooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
I have a certificate. But I am aware that WES accepts statement of result.
Thelmah27:

I chose student. Please do you have a certificate or statement of result from UNILAG
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yetunde84: 2:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
teewhy31:
Good morning good people, please what does it mean when your background check changes from "not applicable" to " we are processing your background check....."
This is after medicals passed.

Could you please share your timeline

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
Jojolet:

Thanks Cochtrane. But I am still a little confused. So WES evaluated only my spouse' HND as 3 years diploma and 1 year pg cert without receiving the transcripts for the OND transcripts. So in this case do I have to duplicate the HND in ee profile and put the 2 certs? Please help clarify
I'm not sure, but I believe this should correspond to:
1. Bachelor's degree or other programs (three or more years)
2. One-year postgraduate diploma
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
please whats the alternative for lawyers as regards this IQAS delays i need those points o cry
40manlappy:

Thanks for sharing this.

In view of this development, intending applicants may consider ICES as an alternative to IQAS. Those who attended universities that are known for responding swiftly to verification may consider WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codeworks(m): 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
I really want to get more info before embarking on this journey.

Ok, I want to know different between ICES, IQAS and WES.... The cost and how long does it take to come out??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ugoiyke79e: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2017
codeworks:
I really want to get more info before embarking on this journey.

Ok, I want to know different between ICES, IQAS and WES.... The cost and how long does it take to come out??

Habab just google them naaa.
You have the names and even knw the specific info you need. Just read and jot down your findings then compare and contrast.
You could also either check @ Cockranes summary on page 0, or use d search bar at the top of this page.

Let us try to put in our own individual research so that people wont enter "jump and pass" mode upon seeing questions.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jalzy29: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2017
MsLee:
Hello House,

I just got ITA and I know one of the requirements is to get PCC for all countries you have lived for up to 6months or more...I'm having challenge getting that of India....Please can anyone help with any necessary information that would help me. I have been to the India embassy in Lagos and they said they don't do it.

Please help me ooooooooooooooo

Hello MsLEE: you can get Indian PCC from the embassy at Abuja, that is where they can get it done for you.
However, its not immediately issued, so if you want to travel to Abuja prepare for a trip of 3-5days.
Wishing Goodluck...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by folamingo: 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hi guys, finally application approved, COPR and Visas on hand. The journey came with its delays, from waiting to get medical passed to BG status changing to IP2 and the wait for the Golden email to the finally getting passports on hand but God saw us through it all. Hallelujah!

Initially the journey started with an application to SNP in December 2016, because we never thought that the draws will fall below 450 (which nobody anticipated following earlier trends). Lo and behold, 2017 ushered in a new dawn and we are grateful to God and scores dropped like the walls of jerico (those that knew scores in 2015/2016 will understand) and there it was ITA. I immediately withdrew the SNP application and commenced gathering of documents.

Areas that gave me sleepless nights:

1. Marriage certificate uploaded was a black and white photocopy (for some weird reason I was worried it wasn't uploaded in color) and Rank/Profession discrepancy, thanks to the registry. angry

2. Used 90% gift deed from father with proper letter of explanation and supporting documents.

3. GTB Bank statement were in black and white except front and back pages that had stamps (reason for this was to shrink the document to fit 4MB as the statement was voluminous)....and I used gift deed....I know right. grin

But at the end of the day....the rest is history!!!

The timeline goes thus:

Family size -----------------------Principal + 4 dependants
ITA ------------------------------- 22 Feb
AOR - ---------------------------- 11 Apr
Meds passed -------------------- 14 June
BGC: IP1 --- ---------------------15 June
BGC: NA ------------------------- 19 June
ADR(1) -------------------------- 12 July - Schedule A (IMM5669) - PA .... I submitted 13th July
ADR(2) -------------------------- 17 July - Schedule A (IMM5669) - Spouse.....I submitted 18 July
BGC: IP 2 ----------------------- 27 July
PPR------------------------------- 4 Aug (Email received Aug 5 - 4.41am.....i saw d email 8am)
Passports sent to Accra --------- 7 Aug
Delivered ------------ ------------9 Aug
Additional Passport Request ----18 Aug
Passport sent to Accra - -------- 18 Aug
Delivered------------------------- 21 Aug
Application Approved-------------31 Aug
Pick up mail sent -----------------11 Sep (mysteriously it was sent to my spouse's email after sending mails and calling) undecided
COPR & VOH ----------------------15 Sep

AOR - PPR - 116 days
PPR - COPR - 42 days ....delayed partly because I did not send my kids US passport initially (sent only data color page), they later requested for it which you saw in the timeline and also Pick up mail wasn't sent out the next day.

Canny Land here we come.....

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tollu: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Let us try to put in our own individual research so that people wont enter "jump and pass" mode upon seeing questions.

Na jump and pass sure pass o my sister. Frankly, I'm amazed by how patient folks are on here.

Thank God say man no be God and all of us no get similar personalities, this thread for still dey part 1 page 200 or so if answering questions were up to impatient people like me.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AquaPetals(f): 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2017
Rothman:

Exactly.... TBH there are some questions which shouldn't be asked at all.
TBH, someppl are not as enlightened as others. So it is not a crime to ask for clarifications. We are all here to help each other
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2017
Congrats!
folamingo:
Hi guys, finally application approved, COPR and Visas on hand. The journey came with its delays, from waiting to get medical passed to BG status changing to IP2 and the wait for the Golden email to the finally getting passports on hand but God saw us through it all. Hallelujah!

AOR - PPR - 116 days
PPR - COPR - 42 days ....delayed partly because I did not send my kids US passport initially (sent only data color page), they later requested for it which you saw in the timeline and also Pick up mail wasn't sent out the next day.

Canny Land here we come.....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2017
sgtponzihater1:
Pls what are d have job opportunities in Canada and prospects of making good money.

You can assess job opportunities by checking job sites to see vacancies available in your occupation. Try the Job Bank, LinkedIn, Monster.ca, indeed.ca, Workopolis, Glassdoor.ca etc

The prospects of good money depends on your work experience, skillset and level of preparation for job search. The good jobs are there, that can't be denied but it is wether you can convince an employer that you are a proper fit is the 'koko' as our people say. All the best ahead.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by laborel: 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2017
zaragirl:
Got my approval mail just now...

Expecting my passport.

Hippie!

Congrats! Please when did you send your passports?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Amybest123: 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hi people!
Pls is there any lawyer who'd gone through PNP and succeeded? If yes, holla a sister in need. May God bless us all. Together we achieve.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 4:38pm On Sep 15, 2017
You can send the copy of your certificate to WES via fax. Their fax no is 416-972-9004.

wiselong:
Good day all,

Please I need clarifications in sending the copy of my degree certificate to WES.
I understand my school will send the transcripts to WES, which I have already started.

Concerning the copy of my degree certificate, will I send it via post to WES or by Email?

I appreciate your help on this matter

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by zaragirl: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
laborel:

Congrats! Please when did you send your passports?

I sent my passport on the 30th of August. Same day I got my PPR. It was received on the 4th September.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by lamie26: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello All,

I know this question would have been treated before but pls i want you all to oblige me.
Pls whats the procedure for filing for ones sibling as a canadian PR card holder.

Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dewys1: 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hi Belushi,

I just applied for UNILAG transcript and I want to seek clarifications on a few things.

1. When I applied online, there was provision to attach only one document so I could upload only the reciept of payment from remita. I could not attach the WES form for transcript request. Pls how did you give unilag your wes form?
2. How long did it take from the day you applied online before UNILAG sent your transcript to WES?

Please kindly respond

belushi7:
Good day all.

WES received response on verification from Unilag on Monday 11/9/2017. They still went ahead to state the evaluation will be due for completion on 29/9/2017. This is after receiving transcripts and certificates since mid August.
Question is, does it take that long for WES to complete ECA after receiving response to their verification from schools? That's like another 18days.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Noviolence: 4:59pm On Sep 15, 2017
We have no other choice than to be encouraging ourselves (especially with those in same timeline cohort) and continue to be very patient too.
This e-family most importantly to me has been so awesome.
It is well!
[quote author=MrsBee post=60466365]

Mine has been moved to London too. All we can do I wait now and hope for the best. [/]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Noviolence: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
This LVO file transfer after close to 7 or 8 weeks at the CIO is more or less the trend these days.
We're not staying in LVO for that long this time around.
Say amen.
Yooku:

Just got the mail response indicating same.... grin grin grin Na only laff I go fit laff now

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Berle: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hello, can someone who has applied please share what the process will cost on an average. I'm sorry I couldn't go through all the threads for this. grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 5:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
I wonder why they'll wait that long before transferring it if they decide to. Have you had any visa refusals before?
It would appear that they do that mostly to people who have had prior visa refusals. Maybe they just want to conduct more thorough checks.

Noviolence:
This LVO file transfer after close to 7 or 8 weeks at the CIO is more or less the trend these days.
Say amen.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by calfy: 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
Why does applications for PR through PNP route take such a long time. I was worried that since August 28, there has been no update on my application, not even medical, until I checked on myimmitracker.com and saw that while direct ITAs are progressing swiftly, their counterparts from PNP are crawling. Can somebody please help me explain the rationale?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ezikeikenna1: 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2017
Ezikeikenna1:
Hello house.

Please I really need help. I have created EE profile and had my MSC in Canada but the system doesn't give me any score for Canadian education. I even had to delete my profile and create another but the problem continues..What could the problem be? Is there any way to enter it so I can get points for it!

Please can somebody respond to me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by labiola: 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2017
Blingyrie:

Almost similar to mine and I have 3 yrs on u; ended up being d pa. But to max ya points, both of u shud do d IELTS (oga can fetch u 20points der) and also wes for his highest (more points der, mine had 2certs n added 9pts to me). And ofcourse u really need to nail that IELTS. If u evaluate both ya bsc n pgd, u also get higher point. These are all I did n managed to get 423 with that age; the rest is #olowogbogboro's handiwork that ended in praises. Goodluck

Pls send me your email, i need to talk to you. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dotcman: 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
I got VDR from Wes for Unilag to verify my credentials, only for Unilag to tell me they are on strike. But why? �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
veleta:
@Yewwygrateful,Deore,Yooku,MrsBee et al,just got off the phone now with CIC agent and she confirmed that
his file has been transferred to London, Uk.His document status changed 2 days ago to "We do not need additional documents and Background check " NA'.
God will see us all through.

They said London, UK Is that where he is currently located?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Yooku: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
Noviolence:
Say amen.

Amen ooo.....Any info on the trend for times stayed at the London LVO in recent times before PPR?
@deeore @MrsBee @Ajujuju2 @yewwygraceful @boldinc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cuteguy201: 6:32pm On Sep 15, 2017
Since the question was directed to Belushi, I guess we would just have to wait for her response. #Lips sealed.

Dewys1:
Hi Belushi,

I just applied for UNILAG transcript and I want to seek clarifications on a few things.

1. When I applied online, there was provision to attach only one document so I could upload only the reciept of payment from remita. I could not attach the WES form for transcript request. Pls how did you give unilag your wes form?
2. How long did it take from the day you applied online before UNILAG sent your transcript to WES?

Please kindly respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.