Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1514854 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
Abby2017:
What makes you think so? @ bolded
I suggest you keep calm, cross leg, get busy and enjoy your time in the waiting room.Share your timeline though...lerrus see.

@Canadianfly is the ring leader of all whatsapp groups grin cheesy grin

Hahahaha! Una don tag me for like 7 whatsapp groups and counting. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ljay17: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dunni1113:

I noticed that we have few applicants going though the pnp route, so we have to source for a lot of info ourselves... However, Manitoba did a draw on 26th of September with a lil over 380 applicants.. still waiting for saskatchewan to be opened and Ontario to start issuing NOI hopefully this month or next. So let's all be watchful and hopeful. May God help us all...

I was trying to see if there's any post AOR PNP applicant with updates. The stream seems to be moving slower than a snail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kissoflife: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
smslive2:
You people cant be sharing money in camera oo.... Bring the money on board, lets know the sharing formula grin grin grin

We aren't sharing any money lol. just trying to sort POF issue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cornerstoneny: 4:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hello Nairaland please I need information and advice. I have #3million in my account where, where can me and my wife travel to with that amount. Am hoping Canada or Australia
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Beblessedbaba: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
Homguy:
POF
Good day fam, i have started my journey to Cannyland by writing my IELTS exams and ensuring my fiancee does same too, we had fairly good overall scores of (8/9). I have also applied for qualifications assessmnt from IQAS for both of us and the result will be out soon. From eligibility tests we scored very high(473 thereabout), but what has been bothering me is POF.
How do people manage to get those sums and fix that in their bank accounts for 6 months as required.
I am a pharmacist but dont see how i can have that sum within the 3 months period when documents have to be submitted.
How do people go about providing that proof? Are there agents that can finance one?

Ps- I have a tit bit solace in the fact that i havent seen people who got PR and could not go because they could not raise funds.

Cc;
40manlappy ...
Hephgirl
uptown17
Laborel et al
You will need to liquidate any asset you have to raise this.... Also, you can also do the following :

1. Get a letter from your pension fund stating they you are entitled to liquidate 25% of your pension savings if your don't get a job within 4 months.

2. get a sponsor a close relative preferably to buy treasury bill in your name explain your issue to him or her and who can also use your account to trade ofcourse with your consent.

But wait oh how did you do the magic 473.... wow !! Am still cracking my head on passing this ielts at first attempt ... ***smiles**** Please accept my invite to send you a personal email or pls send me a blank email on beblessedbaba@gmail.com.... i need tips on getting band 9 on ielts from you.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dhimmy: 5:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
kissoflife:

Hi Dhimmy, I've got same problem with Homguy, only able to raise half POF at the moment. Got about 45 days left post ITA, please link me if you know any agent too. Thanks!!!
Sorry, but am contacting actually not in relation with POF. I think you should give the 'gift deed' someone mentioned earlier a try.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hello House,
I have 2 clarifications to make:

1. To make up for POF, in the letter from the PFA stating that one can access 25% of funds, does the PFA need to attach the statement of the pension funds? Or will just the letter suffice?

2. Is there a way one can correct the occupation written on the marriage certificate? My spouse's occupation on our marriage certificate is inconsistent with the job being done. Note that CIC has the information of work from previous application,although the marriage certificate has never been presented.

Note: its federal registry ikoyi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Is your spouse the principal applicant? If not, I suggest you don't bother yourself about it.
Although that I got away with that doesn't mean everyone will but I chose not to worry about it because I am not claiming points for spouse' job function,other detail on the certificate are consistent, and the certificate is a proof of marital status not proof of work experience.

If he/she is the principal applicant, post have been made here about using LOE to explain the inconsistency.

#myview#letothersweighin
hiscules:
Hello House,

2. Is there a way one can correct the occupation written on the marriage certificate? My spouse's occupation on our marriage certificate is inconsistent with the job being done. Note that CIC has the information of work from previous application,although the marriage certificate has never been presented.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Caleycash(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
hello all can a police officer apply for Canadian express entry from Nigeria, I have a family member who's interested in moving over to Canada, his a Police officer. and please how can he go about it if it's possible, Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Caleycash:
hello all can a police officer apply for Canadian express entry from Nigeria, I have a family member who's interested in moving over to Canada, his a Police officer. and please how can he go about it if it's possible, Thanks

Yes he can apply and he just needs to go through the requirements for Express Entry and put them in place. The information required to get started is available at page 0 of this thread, cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
cornerstoneny:

I thanks for your advice, I don't have kids. Do you think with #4.5 I can relocate to Canada?

At the moment, N4.5 million is good to cover the proof of fund requirement for Canadian Express Entry program. To know the full requirements and other relevant info, please go to page 0 of this thread and study the info provided there. It's comprehensive and get you started on the process, all the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Obi1conte: 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
40manlappy:
WES VS IQAS

HELLO

please am very new here, i need some good information as it pertains to certificate evalution for a medical doctor
My wife and i are planning to apply to go leave in canada through the express entry program. She plans to continue her career as a doctor if and when we get there. So do we evaluate her certificate with Wes or is there another body as is the case as i hear with pharmacists?
Any information is appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
hiscules:
Hello House,
I have 2 clarifications to make:

1. To make up for POF, in the letter from the PFA stating that one can access 25% of funds, does the PFA need to attach the statement of the pension funds? Or will just the letter suffice? Of course you will need to attach the statement for the pension fund account to show where the 25% is coming from

2. Is there a way one can correct the occupation written on the marriage certificate? My spouse's occupation on our marriage certificate is inconsistent with the job being done. Note that CIC has the information of work from previous application,although the marriage certificate has never been presented. You can either request the registry to reissue the marriage certificate with the occupation corrected (you will need to settle in the naija way) or you can attach a sworn affidavit and a Letter of Explanation stating the correct occupation and indicating the occupation captured on the marriage certificate at issuing point was done in error

Hi, see above.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Caleycash(m): 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Yes he can apply and he just needs to go through the requirements for Express Entry and put them in place. The information required to get started is available at page 0 of this thread, cheers.
ok, Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
Homguy:
POF
Good day fam, i have started my journey to Cannyland by writing my IELTS exams and ensuring my fiancee does same too, we had fairly good overall scores of (8/9). I have also applied for qualifications assessmnt from IQAS for both of us and the result will be out soon. From eligibility tests we scored very high(473 thereabout), but what has been bothering me is POF.
How do people manage to get those sums and fix that in their bank accounts for 6 months as required.
I am a pharmacist but dont see how i can have that sum within the 3 months period when documents have to be submitted.
How do people go about providing that proof? Are there agents that can finance one?

Ps- I have a tit bit solace in the fact that i havent seen people who got PR and could not go because they could not raise funds.

Cc;
40manlappy
Hephgirl
uptown17
Laborel et al

If you are a pharmacist, you should be using PEBC to assess your qualifications and not IQAS.

Looping: ugoiyke79e, 40manlappy, hephgirl

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dunni1113: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
GlitteringStar:

You can read this post by @Dupyshoo to know more about Provincial Nomination Programs for all the provinces.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/144#47208212

Cc: Dunni1113

Thanks so much for this kiss kiss cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dunni1113: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ljay17:

I was trying to see if there's any post AOR PNP applicant with updates. The stream seems to be moving slower than a snail.

Me I be last junior ooo.. Lol, just trying my best to share the lil information I have. Not even nominated yet but having faith and hoping.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dunni1113: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ljay17:

Me I be last junior ooo.. Lol, just trying my best to share the lil information I have. Not even nominated yet but having faith and hoping.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
Abby2017:
Is your spouse the principal applicant? If not, I suggest you don't bother yourself about it.
Although that I got away with that doesn't mean everyone will but I chose not to worry about it because I am not claiming points for spouse' job function,other detail on the certificate are consistent, and the certificate is a proof of marital status not proof of work experience.

If he/she is the principal applicant, post have been made here about using LOE to explain the inconsistency.

#myview#letothersweighin
spouse isn't the PA, just don't know what implication ignoring or over looking it can cost.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Hi, see above.
cool stuff, but this naija way ehn, how does one even go about it sef? I might need to visit to make enquiries,if it doesn't work I might just ignore or make an affidavit stating that its an error on the part of the registry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by phemmi1: 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hello all

Am new to this forum i need help about the expree entry to canada particularly as it pertains to my wife.
She is a doctor here in Nigeria and has more than 6years experience. How do we go about evaluating her certificate as she intends continuing her career IF and when we get to canada.
Do we go through WES only or there's another body to evaluate her certificate.

Thanks
Medical degree eca must be through medical council of Canada. First step is to register on physiciansapply.ca

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ItsYourFriend: 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Are there FUTO alumnus here? Kindly confirm how much you paid for transcript verification. Its funny how one pays 20k for transcript request, and another 20k to verify it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Petrelli112: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please do I have to go to Lagos for PCC or it can be done in any state?....Just trying to gather enough information before I start the process, Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
cornerstoneny:
Hello Nairaland please I need information and advice. I have #3million in my account where, where can me and my wife travel to with that amount. Am hoping Canada or Australia

I suggest you go with Canada and consider the suggestions on enhancing your proof fund.

Looking at your budget, visa application fees alone will "eat" up a substantial part of your funds if you go with the other option.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Obi1conte:

HELLO

please am very new here, i need some good information as it pertains to certificate evalution for a medical doctor
My wife and i are planning to apply to go leave in canada through the express entry program. She plans to continue her career as a doctor if and when we get there. So do we evaluate her certificate with Wes or is there another body as is the case as i hear with pharmacists?
Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

On page 0, reference was made to the posts of a doctor named vcole. You will find her posts useful. Check the section titled "MEDICAL DOCTORS".

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cornerstoneny: 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
40manlappy:

I suggest you go with Canada and consider the suggestions on enhancing your proof fund.

Visa application fees alone will "eat" up a substantial part of your funds if you go with the other option.

Thanks for the advice and how much do you think can get me and my wife to Canada if you think 3m can't
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cornerstoneny: 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
Blackbuddy:

At the moment, N4.5 million is good to cover the proof of fund requirement for Canadian Express Entry program. To know the full requirements and other relevant info, please go to page 0 of this thread and study the info provided there. It's comprehensive and get you started on the process, all the best.

Thanks for the advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 40manlappy: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
cornerstoneny:

Thanks for the advice and how much do you think can get me and my wife to Canada if you think 3m can't

At the bottom of this page, click on page 0. You will see a section titled "PROOF OF FUND". The last time I checked, CAD 15, 322 is required for a family of 2.

On the same page, "FINANCIAL IMPLICATIONS" gives you the estimated costs of going through the process.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.