Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1516201 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by aBbiie25(f): 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hey everyone.. Kudos to all taking the time to carefully explain this process.
Having read thoroughly for months, hubby got into the pool earlier this month very hopeful that we would get the required Crs score. But alas, we got 350. Thinking to up the score, he clicked "No" to the question "Are they accompanying you to Canada". It worked but not as much as we hoped. This gave us 365. A close friend of ours who had a comsultant's help, got 441 plus ITA in no time. I need to know what it is we are doing wrong.. Am wondering.. Do we need a consultant to have a chance?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 3:48pm On Oct 08, 2017
aBbiie25:
Having read thoroughly for months, hubby got into the pool earlier this month very hopeful that we would get the required Crs score. But alas, we got 350. Thinking to up the score, he clicked "No" to the question "Are they accompanying you to Canada". It worked but not as much as we hoped. This gave us 365. A close friend of ours who had a comsultant's help, got 441 plus ITA in no time. I need to know what it is we are doing wrong.. Am wondering.. Do we need a consultant to have a chance?

Share your profile so we can understand your situation fully
Age of PA:
IELTS :
Highest qualification:
I'm suspecting your IELTS points may be low.

A consultant can't give you more points.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by aBbiie25(f): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2017
bbaby84:

Share your profile so we can understand your situation fully
Age of PA:
IELTS :
Highest qualification:
I'm suspecting your IELTS points may be low.

A consultant can't give you more points.

Thanks a lot for your response.c

Age is 33,
LRWS, 7.5, 7.5, 7.0, 7.5
Bsc Engineering
5yrs plus of work experience

What do you think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
aBbiie25:

Thanks a lot for your response.c

Age is 33,
LRWS, 7.5, 7.5, 7.0, 7.5
Bsc Engineering
5yrs plus of work experience in Quality control

What do you think?

Did spouse do IELTS too? If not spouse should do IELTS to add 20points and perhaps evaluate qualifications to get extra 8-10 points.

PA needs to get at least 8 in listening to get more points.

What is your profile? Perhaps you could be the PA. Do you have a masters? How old are you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by AlexanderGreat(m): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
Olamidexy:
That gives me a sense of relief. Means the documents are being reviewed. Fingers crossed
Yeah...what's your timeline?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by superdoll: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hello people, 
With the hope of getting ita in the next draw, I am having some confusion with my pof, my spouse is supposed to transfer the full amount to me but the account from where he will be transfering from is a corporate acct (he is the sole signatory). I learnt this isnt acceptable.

Can u advice the best way to go with this as i intend submitting application as soon as ita comes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
superdoll:
Hello people, 
With the hope of getting ita in the next draw, I am having some confusion with my pof, my spouse is supposed to transfer the full amount to me but the account from where he will be transfering from is a corporate acct (he is the sole signatory). I learnt this isnt acceptable.

Can u advice the best way to go with this as i intend submitting application as soon as ita comes.

Fix the cash for six months, maybe jointly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bankole1790: 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2017
Please I want to assess my credentials and I want to ask if truly WES is the best.I have an OND and a BSC in Accounting. How much will I be needing and how will I go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thank you for this forum. Its been so helpful.

I am about writing ielts with my spouse, going with the crs tool, we would have about 448 points if we have the maximum ielts scores.

However, i am worried about pof. We have been buiding the funds in ny account since june. Its about 2.2m now (but the money has always veen fixed so bank statement will show little or no money in the account). We need 5m. There's is someone willing to give us the balance. Please how do i make this work?

Do i need to still submit my account statement for the 2.2m or the certificate of investment for the fixeddeposit is ok? Also, if i get a gift deed for the balance from the person, does it have to also be there for 6 months?

Please, advise on the best way to go about this.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
aBbiie25:
Use the tool and know what u r missing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by aBbiie25(f): 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
bbaby84:

Did spouse do IELTS too? If not spouse should do IELTS to add 20points and perhaps evaluate qualifications to get extra 8-10 points.

PA needs to get at least 8 in listening to get more points.

What is your profile? Perhaps you could be the PA. Do you have a masters? How old are you?

Am yet to do the Ielts but will do so shortly. I dont know if I could be the PA cause I have less experience.
Am 27yrs
B.A degree. No masters yet.
2yrs experience Customer service

But I don't know if it'll be enough to get a high score?
Is it better for him to redo the Ielts and I do mine as support or Do I just become the PA and gun for high Ielts scores combined with his present score. Will that help?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
Bankole1790:
Please I want to assess my credentials and I want to ask if truly WES is the best.I have an OND and a BSC in Accounting. How much will I be needing and how will I go about it?
Page zero.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hello fams, please I'm having issues paying for IQAS ECA. I'm trying to pay with Access Bank MasterCard and it's not been going through. Is anyone having the same problem? How do I go about it? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
aBbiie25:

Am yet to do the Ielts but will do so shortly. I dont know if I could be the PA cause I have less experience.
Am 27yrs
B.A degree. No masters yet.
2yrs experience Customer service

But I don't know if it'll be enough to get a high score?

Use the tool and move some numbers around.
If you are the principal applicant and ace your IELTS you can comfortably get to a 432 or there about. Your spouse will add points with IELTS and education evaluation.

Good luck

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
dchamp19:
Thank you for this forum. Its been so helpful.

I am about writing ielts with my spouse, going with the crs tool, we would have about 448 points if we have the maximum ielts scores.

However, i am worried about pof. We have been buiding the funds in ny account since june. Its about 2.2m now (but the money has always veen fixed so bank statement will show little or no money in the account). We need 5m. There's is someone willing to give us the balance. Please how do i make this work?

Do i need to still submit my account statement for the 2.2m or the certificate of investment for the fixeddeposit is ok? Also, if i get a gift deed for the balance from the person, does it have to also be there for 6 months?

Please, advise on the best way to go about this.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by superdoll: 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
elfmann:

Fix the cash for six months, maybe jointly.

Thank you @elfmann
Please can i use it for my applications one week after fixing? In this case what documents do i neee from the bank? Any need to statement and reference letter?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
superdoll:

Thank you @elfmann
Please can i use it for my applications one week after fixing? In this case what documents do i neee from the bank? Any need to statement and reference letter?
You can fix the whole cash after receiving ITA. Only the certificate!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ToyinOA: 6:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
Hello house. . .kudos to everyone on this platform.
I have a little issue. Although I'm currently awaiting my ECA from Iqas and uts a bit delayed. Our CRS point is 443 so we are optimistic about getting ITA on the next draw after my ECA is sorted. The issue now is, I am the principal applicant but the chunk of the money is my husband's personal account and we have to print 6 months bank statement. How do we go about this please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 6:38pm On Oct 08, 2017
superdoll:

Thank you. I just dived into the pool. CRS 441.
Pls which hospital is prefererable for medicals in abuja?i hope ita falls on me in the next draw.

Preferable? i do not know, but i used abuja clinic

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2017
follyzee:
I friend submitted a scanned photocopy of a document (ECA or so, can't remember )and his application was returned (incomplete) i guess he was not too lucky

oh i see where u r coming from.

There are some documents that MUST be scanned direct from the original doc eg, ECA, IELTS, SCHOOL CERTS, however marriage cert doesnt fall into this category. Photocopy is accepted.

**i can't readily find the link on cic but its there smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2017
ToyinOA:
Hello house. . .kudos to everyone on this platform.
I have a little issue. Although I'm currently awaiting my ECA from Iqas and uts a bit delayed. Our CRS point is 443 so we are optimistic about getting ITA on the next draw after my ECA is sorted. The issue now is, I am the principal applicant but the chunk of the money is my husband's personal account and we have to print 6 months bank statement. How do we go about this please?

Whose bank statements?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by superdoll: 6:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
elfmann:

You can fix the whole cash after receiving ITA. Only the certificate!

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by superdoll: 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Preferable? i do not know, but i used abuja clinic

Thanks @mummyjaygirls
Please do i need to pre-book?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
I am not a tweeting thing but I have joined twitter to send message to WES. I have also sent them a message on facebook and fax using hello fax.

Will send them a formal request using fax tomorrow and will tell my institution to write to WES on my behalf.

Plan to leave Ghana tomorrow. Please suggest any other avenue through which I can contact WES .

Medaasi for the suggestions
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ToyinOA: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2017
Cic says it has to be the principal applicant's account but the money is in my husband's bank account
MummyJaygirls:

Whose bank statements?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2017
superdoll:

Thanks @mummyjaygirls
Please do i need to pre-book?

yes, cos they have selected days for cic
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Rebarobyn: 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2017
superdoll:

Thank you. I just dived into the pool. CRS 441.
Pls which hospital is prefererable for medicals in abuja?i hope ita falls on me in the next draw.

Use IOM Wuse 2. It's close to old Banex. They're cheaper than Abuja Clinics (41k for adults against 48k in Abuja clinics), better organized and super fast. By the next day they had called to inform us that all the results were okay and had been transmitted on e-medicals.

You need to book an appointment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
ToyinOA:
Cic says it has to be the principal applicant's account but the money is in my husband's bank account

u can just write LOE that the chunk is from ur hubby, its not a problem. However, it has been talked about on page 0 of this thread how to go about monies from spouse
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
Rebarobyn:

Use IOM Wuse 2. It's close to old Banex. They're cheaper than Abuja Clinics (41k for adults against 48k in Abuja clinics), better organized and super fast. By the next day they had called to inform us that all the results were okay and had been transmitted on e-medicals.

You need to book an appointment.

whats their fees for children?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
12go:
I am not a tweeting thing but I have joined twitter to send message to WES. I have also sent them a message on facebook and fax using hello fax.

Will send them a formal request using fax tomorrow and will tell my institution to write to WES on my behalf.

Plan to leave Ghana tomorrow. Please suggest any other avenue through which I can contact WES .

Medaasi for the suggestions
Hope it's good idea for my friend in Toronto to assist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onedimple: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
Good evening everyone. Please, has anyone requested a refund from WES? And how long does it take? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Rebarobyn: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

whats their fees for children?

Children below 5yrs 27,000
Children 5 to 11yrs 28,900
Children 11 to 15 yrs 32,700
15yrs and above 41,400

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.