Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1514668 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Great. Thanks.
cochtrane:

Nope. In fact, CIC advises that you start collecting your docs as soon as you submit a profile. Except of course, the letter does not grant you the maximum points you'll get for a 3-year experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Thanks.
db23:

Yes you can. I did mine before getting my EE profile to help me choose the most appropriate NOC. But this was after getting ECA and doing IELTS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2017
Was it IELTS General? If yes then you are good to go....start gathering your documents man

Madcow:
Hello House,

I applied for a canada trv (online) 30th June (no feedback yet)...In the process, i heard about the express entry route and decided to join the band wagon. I wrote my ielts august 19 (8.5,8.5,8,8 ) Got my wes ECA on the 5th of October. CRS 467
Please i would like to know it is okay to dive into the pool considering my trv application is still pending?
I look forward to kind feedback.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
Did anyone successfully complete d Nova Scotia category B application? I actually did after refreshing almost a million times. Was able to connect late and was so tired then dat I didn't upload some necessary docs. with some not available at dat moment. Hope they would ask for d stuffs before making a final decision.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ladon7:
Today's ielts at Abj Centre was a shocker, after all the preparation, still missed out part of the listening ( multiple question) the third time, so bitter. My 8 in listening can be a miracle. I missed like 6 questions. Should I wait for the result or can I register another date in Nov before I ll become lazy again. Pls advice.

how do u mean you missed 6 questions? do u mean you left them blank? if yes, register for another if you have the means. if no, wait for your result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ladon7: 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2017
I did not leave it blank, but was not sure the answers were correct
einsteino:

how do u mean you missed 6 questions? do u mean you left them blank? if yes, register for another if you have the means. if no, wait for your result.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 10:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
GlitteringStar:

According to what is written on their website, it may take up to 72 hours to receive confirmation of any payment made by bank transfer.

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/how-pay-ielts-tests

Thanks for your response. Oh, i did not notice the emboldened

It was by bank transfer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
Chinlov:
IELTS of today... The listening did me strong thing...after they had stressed us....and it was taken last. I'm not confident of that result anymore.
I tot it was only me ... jeez .. d listening tho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
The listening today will humble anyone....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2017
einsteino:

grin just thought to make it detailed so that those who are confused btw WES and IQAS could make an informed decision. moreso UNN folks would be able to infer how long transcript and verification process could take.

Tip: To engineers who intend to practice in canny, respect yourself and choose WES for Canadian licensing sake.. else you go do the WES again after PR

For accountants as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hephgirl:
I guess they're making it harder.. That multiple questions part is an issue.. Senate shld set up an 8-man committee.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 10:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
SegunWamiri:

Thanks for your response. Oh, i did not notice the emboldened

It was by bank transfer.
Cc glitteringstar its 5 days

Even after d 5 days I didn’t get confirmed... I got a mail that registration was canceled. I had to call and it was sorted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
Ladon7:
I did not leave it blank, but was not sure the answers were correct

in my case, i knew i already failed a question, answer was 108, i wrote 180. then the matching part, i got lost, had two blanks. knew they made mention of option F, wasnt sure what number they were on at the time, and was still in doubt if F wasnt just a distraction. I filled the two blanks as F, so if F is an answer, i would fail only 1. mind you I wasnt certain that i didnt goof in the others i had answered.

i was so in doubt that i kept some money aside to register for the next test. inshort, I wanted to do so that very day but got motivated by this sweet family. My listening came out an 8.5. So just chill, all you need to get an 8 is for one of those 6 questions to come out right. if you ask me 1/6 is a fair shot, we take far more risk than this daily. Moreso, you never know, God could come through for you. but if you and Don Santino1 dey the same level, as in "team how much is money?" cheesy , then pls reg for another.

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 10:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
XX01:

For accountants as well.
oh, so CPA needs WES too? in that case it is advisable that anyone who wants to study or do professionals, should just go with WES if they can handle the verification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hephgirl:
BC no allow u joke today.. Chai.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
einsteino:

oh, so CPA needs WES too? in that case it is advisable that anyone who wants to study or do professionals, should just go with WES if they can handle the verification.

Yes they do. They can still do with other bodies if they need higher points bit will still have to and up with WES.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
elfmann:

BC no allow u joke today.. Chai.
Am sure one of the answers must be "bwahahahahahaaha".

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bimpsy99: 10:52pm On Oct 14, 2017
I don't think it's right to say CPA needs WES. They require that your transcript sent directly by the institution and they also accept WES ICAP not the regular ECA as an alternative to sending your transcript.

They reserve the right to ask for further info is they think it's necessary. People have successfully transferred to CPA without WES so it's not a cast in stone.

My point is using WES as an accountant can save you the stress of asking your school for transcript again for CPA sake..one can just tell WES to upgrade to ICAP but it doesn't mean that CPA requires WES before you can transfer to membership.

XX01:

Yes they do. They can still do with other bodies if they need higher points bit will still have to and up with WES.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hephgirl:

Cc glitteringstar its 5 days

Even after d 5 days I didn’t get confirmed... I got a mail that registration was canceled. I had to call and it was sorted.

@SegunWamiri, send your evidence (payment summary slip or screenshot) of fund transfer, reference number and candidate name to ngielts.payment@britishcouncil.org and exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hephgirl:

I wish you good success! kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by UdomoLeinad: 11:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
Chinlov:
IELTS of today... The listening did me strong thing...after they had stressed us....and it was taken last. I'm not confident of that result anymore.

We were in the same venue. I had writer's block, writing humbled me lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 14, 2017
Emmasonic4me:

Am sure one of the answers must be "bwahahahahahaaha".
Kai Kai Kai.. Savagers are many here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Zugwu: 11:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
For the Pharmacists in the house who are interested in the express entry, the process of getting an ECA is different. The designated body is PEBC (Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada) not WES or any other agency
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by rinzylee(m): 11:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
But wait.... Lord Luggard couldn't even waive IELTS for us?? what did he then achieve.... Am angry o.
Why would Nigerians need English proficiency tests... Lord Laggard.... where are you?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ehiobe: 11:46pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hello All, please someone should answer this question for my express entry profile I used my maiden name for the Expression of interest. Post ITA I had to do a new passport because I don't have up to 6months in my old passport and I used the opportunity to change my maiden name to my husband's name. my question is how do I change my name on my profile because it is locked in. Also do I change the part where they ask for passport number to the new one? I plan to take the new one for my medicals would it cause a problem since it would have a different surname from the one I used to apply for Express entry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 12:57am On Oct 15, 2017
Hephgirl:
I tot it was only me ... jeez .. d listening tho

Men, you need a very high degree of focus for that listening o. And at least 35 correct out of 40.

I'm still practicing. I just get distracted for some unknown reasons. Maybe because I'm doing it on my phone via ieltsbuddy.com

Please, what's the best way/medium to learn from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dhimmy: 3:14am On Oct 15, 2017
einsteino:
special thanks to all who motivated and gingered me during the IELTS wahala, especially kontagious, Derei, Bimpsy99, elfmann, veritas3, impish, bbaby84, hephgirl, yookus, Dhimmy, Abby2017 and cochtrane . i remember i felt bad that i didnt do so well in my speaking test. the listening test came and i found myself struggling with the matching part of it. Well God came through for me in the end.

my ielts history is as follows

IELTS Academic, 2014.. LRWS 8.5, 7.5, 7, 7
IELTS General Nov 2016.. LRWS 7.5, 8, 7.5, 8
IELTS General Sept 2017.. LRWS 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7.5
(no more free money to British council for english wey we dey speak since nineteen gbiri gidi)
[/b]
Wow!!! Big congrats smiley

ITA is next!

to those who didnt get their desired IELTS scores, i understand its an emotional torture to have to go through the stress again and expend scarce funds... but there is a moniker of one of us that you could draw strength from, it says "slowlybutsurely"

may the odds be in your favour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ewa2014: 4:14am On Oct 15, 2017
Alyemsgre:
Thank you all for all your contributions may God continue to bless you. Just a few questions please:
1. Can I get a pcc in Abuja?
2. If I have been in another country for 2years,do I present a pcc from that country?
Please note that my POF is from Nigeria and my work experience is from Nigeria.

Thank you.

Hello you can get it in Abuja... it might take about 2-3days to be ready. I did mine in Abuja.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:50am On Oct 15, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Thank you, sis. @SegunWamiri, send your evidence (payment summary slip or screenshot) of fund transfer, reference number and candidate name to ngielts.payment@britishcouncil.org and exams.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org.
I did that same day oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 6:10am On Oct 15, 2017
Thanks a whole lot!
hiscules:
generally, in this canny journey, patience is a real virtue....I advise you don't 'settle' anyone to expedite it,it may be a waste.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dannyko: 6:11am On Oct 15, 2017
Na wa o.One has to be patient.
nonogoodgirl:
Hi, I did my transcript with unilag since August 16th. Uptill now, it hasn't gotten to Wes. They told me in students record that it takes 6 weeks. Just last week,
They sent me a mail requesting my birth certificate, waec result and any relevant unilag document. I have given that to them. Bur Application is yet to reach WES. I tire pass you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nozzle(m): 6:20am On Oct 15, 2017
shygunXs:

Men, you need a very high degree of focus for that listening o. And at least 35 correct out of 40.

I'm still practicing. I just get distracted for some unknown reasons. Maybe because I'm doing it on my phone via ieltsbuddy.com

Please, what's the best way/medium to learn from?

IELTS Listening is like a game, for every game you need focus, speed and accuracy. focus to really understand what is being said, speed to catch up on the topic and the speaker's line of thought. Accuracy, putting down in writing what you just heard has to be done as accurately as possible, that's where spelling also comes in. Many of the listening answers are short easy answers, but when you transcribe the answers to the main booklet, watch your spellings o. when i did mine way back, i had 38, the two i missed was as a result of wrong spellings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.