Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1509448 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2017
GlitteringStar:
According to what is written on CIC's website, to get points for "two or more certificates", one of the certificates should be a three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree...
You finished work here babe, then over finished with the other post with evidence. Great stuff.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tdadz: 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2017
please who knows of any province currently open for application now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
dombosco:
@GlitteringStar thanks for this. That means a Unilag diploma and a Unilag B.Sc will count as two or more certificates. Am actually waiting for @Cutegu201 who is verifying these two certs with WES. Let’s wait for his evaluation result.

WES will not positively evaluate Unilag diploma. I believe some have pointed that out on this thread earlier.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
GlitteringStar:

I wish you the best! smiley

You can't just stop being pleasantly thoughtful most times. Nice one! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
SegunWamiri:
Hello guys, congrats to all who passed their IELTS exam excellently and recent PPRs.

How long does it take IELTS to acknowledge receipt of payment? Do they at all? I paid yesterday and I haven't gotten any confirmation yet.

Please advise me on this soon as I'm concerned and want to be sure that my registration is locked in for 28th October since deadline for registration is today .

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
jovykay:
Hello everyone,

Please i have two questions.

1. I GOT MY U.K POLICE CERTIFICATE IN FEBRUARY AHEAD OF I.T.A WHICH I EVENTUALLY GOT IN THE LAST DRAW. BUT WHILE I WAS WAITING FOR MY ITA. I VISITED THE U.K FOR 5 DAYS LAST MONTH . DO I NEED TO GET A NEW POLICE CERT, CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT IT WAS JUST A SHORT VISIT.

2. HOW DO I REDUCE FILE SIZE OF PDF DOCUMENTS. MY PASSPORT TRAVEL PAGES MAKE UP 8MB AND WE R ONLY ALLOWED TO UPLOAD 4MB. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY APP OR METHOD THAT CAN ASSIST WITH REDUCING THE SIZE.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE.

1. Your PCC should be within 6 months. That alone nullifies tendering what you have currently. According to CIC, "If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory."

2. www.ilovepdf.com compresses nicely

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 4:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Yes! WES evaluated @Tolurigs, @Bimpsy99 and Gustalnov's National Diploma's certificates as "2 years Diploma". @Beyunce evaluated her BSc and National Diploma's certificates also and she got points for two or more certificates (She got her COPR last year)

Just to correct. Beyunc went with PNP and not FSW. Though she did get WES evaluation as "Two or more certs...bla bla bla"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
linaluv:
Hello guys please someone was telling me today that without any university education one can still apply for canadian PR, or any of the CANADIAN MIGRATION PROGRAM only if he secures a job over there from nigeria e.g construction job. please how true is it. my brother did a one year part time program at LAGOS STATE POLY. but he left the school during Year 2 first semester exam

please guys explain better to me if he stands a chanceof being selected
Yes, under the Federal Skilled Trade program
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:08pm On Oct 14, 2017
Newmum0615:
Dear People,

Please is there a validity period for employment reference letters? Can I start gathering them pending when I submit my EE application? Or do they frown at employment letters obtained over a period of time? Thanks
Nope. In fact, CIC advises that you start collecting your docs as soon as you submit a profile. Except of course, the letter does not grant you the maximum points you'll get for a 3-year experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
talk2jt:
Finally checked my result

Listening 8.5
Reading 8.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 7.5

Finally entered the pool. My score is 427. I really hope the draws start to come down.
I won't be any surprised if this earned you an ITA by the next draw.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
Have you done your Eca? Have you used the crs tool to see what you could score?
Pheisharah:
Hey guys, I wish i had read through this thread before I wrote IELTS but all hope is not lost. Got 7.5 in all parts and it's my first attempt. I am not enthusiastic about re-writing d exam so I am thinking of d job offer option. Has anyone tried this and can advise appropriately? I.e getting a job in Canada from Nigeria since dis gives about 50 points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yokus(f): 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2017
@5kay pls never ever give up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 5:35pm On Oct 14, 2017
cochtrane:
The oracle has spoken. GBAM!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
Kontagious:

The oracle has spoken. GBAM!!!
Hahaha. Abeg o, Kontagious. Na guess

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Yes you need a new PCC for UK because you might have committed a crime in that 5 days (literally)

jovykay:
Hello everyone,

1. I GOT MY U.K POLICE CERTIFICATE IN FEBRUARY AHEAD OF I.T.A WHICH I EVENTUALLY GOT IN THE LAST DRAW. BUT WHILE I WAS WAITING FOR MY ITA. I VISITED THE U.K FOR 5 DAYS LAST MONTH . DO I NEED TO GET A NEW POLICE CERT, CONSIDERING THE FACT THAT IT WAS JUST A SHORT VISIT.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chinlov: 5:49pm On Oct 14, 2017
IELTS of today... The listening did me strong thing...after they had stressed us....and it was taken last. I'm not confident of that result anymore.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Adiahabasi: 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
jovykay:
Hello everyone,

2. HOW DO I REDUCE FILE SIZE OF PDF DOCUMENTS. MY PASSPORT TRAVEL PAGES MAKE UP 8MB AND WE R ONLY ALLOWED TO UPLOAD 4MB. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY APP OR METHOD THAT CAN ASSIST WITH REDUCING THE SIZE.

1.You need a fresh UK PCC since you've visited the UK since the last time you got one. Don't risk it, not worth it especially since its "cheap and straightforward".
2.Use small pdf
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2017
Chinlov:
IELTS of today... The listening did me strong thing...after they had stressed us....and it was taken last. I'm not confident of that result anymore.

That means you wrote in Abuja. Don't worry, it might be the best. Some people have complained in the past and got fantastic results. Hope for the best and I wish you good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by talk2jt(f): 6:12pm On Oct 14, 2017
Amen. Thank you so much.

cochtrane:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cuteguy201: 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hi, sorry for not responding in your previous posts.

My B.Sc had been successfully verified and accepted by WES.

However, my Diploma documents were left unattended to along side other diploma documents awaiting verification at the records office.

Anyway, I discovered this yesterday when I went to the Records office to make a complain and made sure the documents were transferred to the Diploma office for processing.

I would keep you posted when the verification is sent.

dombosco:
@GlitteringStar thanks for this. That means a Unilag diploma and a Unilag B.Sc will count as two or more certificates. Am actually waiting for @Cutegu201 who is verifying these two certs with WES. Let’s wait for his evaluation result.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
cochtrane:

Thank you, bro----The Senior Data Analyst grin wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by omesanni: 7:10pm On Oct 14, 2017
omesanni:
hey guys. My AOR is june 10 and I have been on IP1 since july 7. I got my gcms note on september 28 and i noticed my criminality check hadn't been done. Am in the London VO whatsapp chat group and everyone there is telling me that is really weird and that my criminality should have been done in CIO. Every other person in my chat group who posted snippets of the gcms note showed that their criminality was done at CIO yet mine is not the case. Most people in my AOR are either in NA or IP2 status and yet am still in IP1. It really baffles me. My due date was October 6 and till today i haven't seen any updates.

Just wanted to find out if anyone is in a similar place as me or if anyone has had their they criminality done in their VO rather than CIO or better yet just help make sense of my situation. Thanks

please can someone kindly help me with my question above?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
SegunWamiri:
Hello guys, congrats to all who passed their IELTS exam excellently and recent PPRs.

Please how long does it take IELTS to acknowledge receipt of payment? Do they at all?

Do advise me on this soon.
Cheers.

Did you pay via bank transfer or by bank draft? You will receive a "Test Confirmation Email" after registering and payment of the exam fee.

According to what is written on their website, it may take up to 72 hours to receive confirmation of any payment made by bank transfer.

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/how-pay-ielts-tests
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Madcow(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hello House,

I applied for a canada trv (online) 30th June (no feedback yet)...In the process, i heard about the express entry route and decided to join the band wagon. I wrote my ielts august 19 (8.5,8.5,8,8 ) Got my wes ECA on the 5th of October. CRS 467
Please i would like to know it is okay to dive into the pool considering my trv application is still pending?
I look forward to kind feedback.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ladon7: 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
Today's ielts at Abj Centre was a shocker, after all the preparation, still missed out part of the listening ( multiple question) the third time, so bitter. My 8 in listening can be a miracle. I missed like 6 questions. Should I wait for the result or can I register another date in Nov before I ll become lazy again. Pls advice.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kenon1: 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2017
kodified:

I went to Uniport and evaluated my BSC with WES last year. There were no issues.

Okay. It means the position has changed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 8:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
GlitteringStar:

1. Evaluate both the BSc and National Diploma certificates to get points for "two or more certificates".

2. If your CRS score is low, your wife will need to evaluate her certificate and take the IELTS test to boost your CRS score.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by caon: 8:37pm On Oct 14, 2017
Issyman:

That means you wrote in Abuja. Don't worry, it might be the best. Some people have complained in the past and got fantastic results. Hope for the best and I wish you good luck.
hmm d reading was abit strong ooo it wasn't lookin like general at all,at some point I had to check to c if it wasn't academic sef I pray dey review it ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chinlov: 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
Issyman:

Yes Abuja o. Thanks and I really hope so
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by legaltender: 8:53pm On Oct 14, 2017
Madcow:
Hello House,

I applied for a canada trv (online) 30th June (no feedback yet)...In the process, i heard about the express entry route and decided to join the band wagon. I wrote my ielts august 19 (8.5,8.5,8,8 ) Got my wes ECA on the 5th of October. CRS 467
Please i would like to know it is okay to dive into the pool considering my trv application is still pending?
I look forward to kind feedback.

Yes. All things being equal, you stand a better chance of getting PR than TRV as you don't need to prove that you plan to return to Nigeria.
Ensure that you meet the requirements and can provide documents to prove this before proceeding.
Also ensure that whatever supporting info and documentation you plan to submit will not conflict with what you've already provided in your trv application.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Madcow(m): 9:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
legaltender:

Yes. All things being equal, you stand a better chance of getting PR than TRV as you don't need to prove that you plan to return to Nigeria.
Ensure that you meet the requirements and can provide documents to prove this before proceeding.
Also ensure that whatever supporting info and documentation you plan to submit will not conflict with what you've already provided in your trv application.

Many thanks for the feedback
I will create my profile and dive in...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ddear1: 9:30pm On Oct 14, 2017
GlitteringStar:

You can use your NYSC experience if it falls under skill level A, B or O. Check your skill level here. As the Principal Applicant, you will need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for education received outside of Canada (except your master's degree is from a Canadian University). Evaluate your highest degree only which is your master's degree.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.