Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1511859 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2017
MippiShick:

Thanks Santino1. Your head dey there! Just wanted to make sure the 13,500 CAD isn't too small. Thought it would be nice to exceed the required funds with a sizeable amount. It's all good tho. Thanks again. Wish you the best in your application.

@Mavor: tongue tongue angry angry
lol grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chuckdee13(m): 2:33pm On Oct 23, 2017
Thanks for the valuable info Ebho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
Mavor:
Not if I get my own first. grin Last last we go collide for the North Cold side. wink

Lmao! Nice one!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2017
MippiShick:

Lol Mavor. Na you be the first person I go send message say I don get my COPR.

Lolz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
ebho:

I used my Tab, showing her my current balance in my dorm account and her question was is this bank here in Canada I said No. So she said the money has to be physically present in Canada either cash or cashless. Transfer was then made to my dollar card from my dorm account and account balance was shown to her from the Tab which she was Ok with.

Ehn hen!!! O ga o. Na so them go dey do now abi the girl just wan form over sabi?? Viewing your balance online angry Maybe I no go follow Toronto enter be that tongue
Thanks for the clarification though. Much appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by rchilee: 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2017
veritas3:
@jloe

Read the link below and be warned...some things shouldn't be thought of.

http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/223933/index.do

Good link. Even tho I doubt if the man was really a supervisor but his actual role might not have been stated on the letter. There is difference between your Grade/level and the job 'function' for each individual

We may have 10 ETs on same level but different departments and work function but on reference letter, you only have the level stated. I may be wrong because I haven't seen any reference letter for Canada EE before.

So, I think it will be safe to ask if bank workers can get such letter that shows the level and job functions?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by curiousme1: 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2017
Great people,
Please I need the sample format For a reference letter for financial institutions/ banks.
Do banks give all the details as requested by cic?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ethelia(f): 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked :

that link though! Please everyone should read through the court judgement. we can learn a thing or 2 about how to avoid certain things....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
Infact, na serious oga plus oversabi! As if showing the balance was not enough, saying bank/cash must be physically present in Canada in this e-world and various means of money exchange.
Many questions that beg for answers...like, does it mean one can't change just half of POF to dollars and travel with it and leave the rest in one's naira account until/if it is needed and convert through whatever means.

Biko, I refuse to be bothered. Different strokes...
SegunWamiri:

Ehn hen!!! O ga o. Na so them go dey do now abi the girl just wan form over sabi?? Viewing your balance online angry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

I submitted the normal standard 6mnths statement.
But a risk taker may choose to either submit d certifcates alone or along with a bank statement for the month wherein the transaction occured.
OK thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by prideandjoy: 3:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hahahahahah. Very funny

Mavor:
Which kain question be dis one na?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
prideandjoy:
Hahahahahah. Very funny

I tell you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
Mavor:
Not if I get my own first. grin Last last we go collide for the North Cold side. wink
Hmmm!
Einsteino Vs Ivie is 'likely similar' to MippiShick Vs Marvo...

I'm outta here... undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2017
That is my problem with the story. The VO was mistaking grade level with job title. I don't think the guy did enough to discourage this line of though sha IMO. As you said, you may work in a bank as an executive trainee or banking officer and have a specific job role. This has taught me something though. I will go the extra mile and include explanation in my LOE concerning my grade level and specific jobs. But those VOs should be used to terminologies like our Naija grades in banks naa. On the other hand, I think it is safer to get ref letter from your HR rather than from your supervisor, cos they might send a mail to ones HR office and then the person may be unlucky that they speak with the "wrong person" that day. My opinion sha.

rchilee:

Good link. Even tho I doubt if the man was really a supervisor but his actual role might not have been stated on the letter. There is difference between your Grade/level and the job 'function' for each individual

We may have 10 ETs on same level but different departments and work function but on reference letter, you only have the level stated. I may be wrong because I haven't seen any reference letter for Canada EE before.

So, I think it will be safe to ask if bank workers can get such letter that shows the level and job functions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jumdah20: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
Thanks for sharing, wishing you all the best in Canada,
please keep updating on life in Winnipeg, headed there soon by Allah's grace.

ebho:
Hi Guys,

Been a while, i am reporting live from Canada(Winnipeg) Landed on the 9th Of October. The Journey was Smooth we Bless God this Journey started here on this Platform i greet everyone of you here both Elders and Newbies.

we used Egypt air(Travel Start) Family of 4 from Abuja Nigeria to Canada. Egypt air was cool not as bad as people made it look, stopped at Cairo then boarded Toronto Canada.

we carried 5 strong Ghana must go backs and one Bus making it six luggage's it is not supposed to exceed 23kgs so na to weight the thing wella. if you are carrying food items ensure that are well preserved ie properly dried and grinded into powder and stored in Ziploc.

Abeg if una never book use Abuja to move out ooo, no stress from anybody there but ensure you get to the airport 2 hours before Boarding
so everything can be sorted out on time, but for us those Nigerian immigration guys be one tell me say my luggage plenty so i had to educate them that every passenger is entitled to 2 luggages and 1 hand bag and we were a family of 4 all this na to drop something sha.

our Luggage was not searched so just package your self nothing dey happen. so the journey to Cairo no wahala but the A/C for the plane na die, so wear better jacket for National peace. at Cairo waited for about 2 hours then we left to Toronto.

At Toronto now the immigration guys no get joy oooo, the babe come ask for all the document finally e come reach for the money we bring come Canada. so i told her we brought $1500 oboy no be small thing ooo this lady come dey speak english ooooo, as a sharp Nigeria guy before leaving Nigeria i activated online banking, dollar card and domiciliary account of all currency and change almost all the naira to dollar.

so we transfer all the money instantly to the dollar card and that was it. every other thing was history. Above all Pray before leaving, Baba God nia get Power.

Signing Out here

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by rchilee: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
Newmum0615:
That is my problem with the story. The VO was mistaking grade level with job title. I don't think the guy did enough to discourage this line of though sha IMO. As you said, you may work in a bank as an executive trainee or banking officer and have a specific job role. This has taught me something though. I will go the extra mile and include explanation in my LOE concerning my grade level and specific jobs. But those VOs should be used to terminologies like our Naija grades in banks naa. On the other hand, I think it is safer to get ref letter from your HR rather than from your supervisor, cos they might send a mail to ones HR office and then the person may be unlucky that they speak with the "wrong person" that day. My opinion sha.

I agree with you, because the reference letter I got for US embassy does not have my job functions. I have learnt something from this too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
Repository of useful information from a non-Nigerian perspective - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ondara: 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hello All, been reading through the forum However I have some issues I need clarification on.

I wasn't expecting my ITA as I had applied just days before. I had most of my documents ready except POF. My fund was not ready until 2 weeks after ITA.

I plan to submit as POF bank reference and TBills ceriticate. My question is What are my chances if I submit just documents alone for a POF that was just in place post ITA?

I'm trying not to provide too much information because from my my knowledge of other visa applications, too much information can be harmful. Please ur advise would be highly appreciated

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 4:41pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hi @Newmum0615,

Let me help you understand the issue here.

The VO did not mistake the staff’s grade with job role. It was stated multiple times that the issue here was clear misrepresentation of the job role.

The guy claimed to have been a ‘Credit Supervisor’ while he was not. GTB has credit courses for ‘marketing’ staff… so the certificate on credit issues could easily be available.

The issue is clear. He a procedural fairness letter dated Mar 15, 2016 with 30 days to respond. All he needed to do was go back to HR and ask for a letter in whatever format they will give, confirming his department. If he were truly in credit, he will have gone to HR directly. Problem solved.

See point number 10.
“[10] Mr. Akinbile responded to the procedural fairness letter, explaining that his October 9, 2014 employment letter had not been signed in accordance with the Bank’s procedure, as the Human Resources department of the Bank would not provide employment letters for Bank staff in the form required by CIC”

Newmum0615:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by 4Barr: 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
rchilee:

[24] This Court has, moreover, repeatedly affirmed that visa officers have no obligation to notify applicants of inadequacies in their applications, or in material provided in support of applications: Hamza v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2013 FC 264 at para 24, 429 F.T.R. 93. What the duty of fairness does require is that officers provide applicants with the opportunity to respond to concerns related to the “credibility, accuracy or genuine nature” of information submitted: Obeta v. Canada (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration), 2012 FC 1542 at paras. 20-26, 424 F.T.R. 191.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by irewole1: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
Congrats for safe landing, good experience.
We are coming behind.
Do enjoy Canny land, with the family.

ebho:
Hi Guys,

Been a while, i am reporting live from Canada(Winnipeg) Landed on the 9th Of October. The Journey was Smooth we Bless God this Journey started here on this Platform i greet everyone of you here both Elders and Newbies.

so we transfer all the money instantly to the dollar card and that was it. every other thing was history. Above all Pray before leaving, Baba God nia get Power.

Signing Out here

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2017
sleekysilk:

Hmmm!
Einsteino Vs Ivie is 'likely similar' to MippiShick Vs Marvo...

I'm outta here... undecided

cheesy make una update me biko. POF hustle no lemme catch up on wetin dey sup here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ondara: 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
Congrats. Pray for speed for my own. Please was the gift deed from a family member? and did you include a letter of explanation?

DatechMan:
Sorry guys. I should have updated you since.
I tried calling them yesterday but wasted #900 without success. I was on hold for about 50 minutes.
I got a mail that I have an update in my account this morning.
Voila. The PPR mail was sent into my account. Thank you Lord
Here is my timeline.
AOR - 21 Sept
Medical Passed - 29 Sept
NA2 - 06 Oct
IP2 - 16 Oct ( That's when I checked)
PPR - 20 Oct
Single applicant. No travel history.
My application was not flawless but it can only be God. Thank you Lord.
1. There is a discrepancy in DOB on my ECA. I obtained an Attestation of Birth Certificate from NPC and attached an LOE.
2. 2 million was transfered into the POF account as gift deed a day before submission.

It can only be God.
I thank all the Nairaland family for their contributions. I salute you all. The names are too numerous to mention.
My special appreciate goes to elfmann for his personal contribution.

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
bigbroda:

Nice one but d guy can only edit d post but dat won't correct d one u quoted. U shouldn't have quoted him cos it stays even when he edits d original post.
Thank you for calling my attention to it. I have edited mine as well. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
[quote author=Ethelia post=61697330] shocked shocked shocked : but wasn't caught (claimed he was an auditor)cheesy. Nigerians and circumventing sha
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 6:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
MippiShick:
Hi Guys! Please quick one. Initially, in my EE profile, I put 15,000 CAD as the funds i'd take with me to CA. Knowing that I might not have up to that amount (and just to be on the safe side), I changed it to 13,500 CAD. I'm aware that for single applicants, it is 12,300 CAD. Will 13,500 CAD be okay?

Thanks my people!
I put exactly 12,300CAD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2017
Feygbe:

I put exactly 12,300CAD

Correct Feybe! On the dot! At what stage are you now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 6:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
MippiShick:

Correct Feybe! On the dot! At what stage are you now?
Lol. Presently at IP2

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Vanessa00: 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
Good evening everyone

Any idea if there's a problem when a fixed deposit account used as proof of funds reaches its maturity date and rolls over before the application is approved?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
You can request for courier by sending a mail requesting for it. Thereafter, ask for the tracking number

Ethelia:

Wow, did they send the verification request to your school via regular post? is that why it took so long? and is there an option to request for courier? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 23, 2017
Feygbe:

Lol. Presently at IP2

Awesome! You're almost there. Congrats in advance jor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.