Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1512429 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
caon:
please house,i noticed something,whenever i use the crs tool i usually get a score of 442 but i just created an account and discovered that my score is 417,when i checked for the disparity i discovered that foreign work experience which use to be 50 in the crs tool was actually 25 when i created the account and i have submitted already,please what do i do?what could have caused the disparity.please is there a way around it.

thank you.

Since no one answered you and Wednesday will possibly carry a draw, I decided to take a shot at your question.

The only explanation is that you didn't enter 3 years or more work experience in your EE profile. Recheck the years (time) you've entered as you're supposed to be getting 50 points on that. also check your IELTS have been entered correctly too. Then make sure to sign after your updates to officially submit your profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by UdomoLeinad: 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
UdomoLeinad:
Greetings peeps!

Two things please

1. this question goes to post-ITA applicants who only evaluated their Masters degree
When filling the EE profile, under educational history, I see the I can make entries of both my MSc and BSc, indicating that no ECA was done for the BSc.
I want to know though, is it necessary to enter the BSc? If I do, I hope down the line I won't be required to provide supporting docs asides certificate.

2. I concluded MSc in Dec 2011, worked from Jan 2012 till Sept 2013 on a job I'm not claiming points for. I intend to claim points for the job I began Oct 2013. I don't need to enter any information about the first job under work history since it doesn't count towards anything, or do I? I ask because I want to know whether the almost 2 year gap would be an issue down the line. I read sth on the previous thread about closing gaps for work history so one wouldn't get an ADR, or sth like that, can't recall vividly. so do gaps matter?

Experts and Semi-experts please answer.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by soulhighman(m): 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
Emmasonic4me:

Irrespective of whether the answer is a noun or not, once you adopt the lower case style, you need to maintain it all through. The answer will be correct so long as the spelling is right.

You may confirm from British Council's website https://takeielts.britishcouncil.org/prepare-your-test/test-day-advice/listening-test-advice

In summary, it's only advisable to go with the option of upper case letters for legibility for both listening and reading sections in case your handwriting might put the examiner in a situation of doubt.

Nothing is written about upper case or lower case in that link. However, I know that, for proper nouns, one must not start with small letters.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sistaj: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2017
enocoded4life:

Yeah you are right. Hubby used WES for ECA. His colleague used IQAS so the choice is yours.
Pls any idea how bnsc is assessed? The person also has midwifery as well as public health qualifications.Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
sistaj:

Pls any idea how bnsc is assessed? The person also has midwifery as well as public health qualifications.Thank you.

My hubby's BNSc was assessed as equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor's degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sistaj: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
enocoded4life:

My hubby's BNSc was assessed as equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor's degree.
Kk.thx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teeboy95: 11:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
Pls oo mk I ask.
For those that have received PPR do you also get an update in Mycic?... I.e does your profile change
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by caon: 3:58am On Oct 31, 2017
Canadianfly:

Since no one answered you and Wednesday will possibly carry a draw, I decided to take a shot at your question.

The only explanation is that you didn't enter 3 years or more work experience in your EE profile. Recheck the years (time) you've entered as you're supposed to be getting 50 points on that. also check your IELTS have been entered correctly too. Then make sure to sign after your updates to officially submit your profile.
thank u so much,I discovered d issue.I had entered hours per day instead of hours per week.very grateful
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dammysanmi(m): 5:09am On Oct 31, 2017
The profile change usually comes after your passport has been stamped in the Visa Office and sent back to you. It usually switches to 'a final decision has been made and application approved'

teeboy95:
Pls oo mk I ask.
For those that have received PPR do you also get an update in Mycic?... I.e does your profile change

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jurisdy17: 6:00am On Oct 31, 2017
Good morning house
Pls am trying to send my certificate to WES via helloxfax but it keeps failing. Is there another number apart from +1 416 972 9004. I have tried 3 times already.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by chisiudeh: 6:20am On Oct 31, 2017
Good morning house. Can someone please answer the questions I asked earlier. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 31, 2017
chisiudeh:
Good day house . Please who can help me out with the current Wes evaluation fee

Also can I send my certificate along side my practicing license to Wes In a separate package as my school refused to attach them along with my transcript by the time they are done with it. If possible how do I need about it . Thanks.

Meanwhile a big thanks to all who are educating us on what to do.
The wes fee is on the form u will be filling out. Pls select the standard mailing mode.. 233.91cad.

Ur practice license isn't required. Allow ur school to send ur transcript and u send a copy of ur certificate. Shikena.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 7:17am On Oct 31, 2017
There must be something you are not doing right. I have used hellofax on 4 occasions and it has never failed. I am not sure it specifies document type as I have uploaded both jpeg and pdf before. Check that you have not exhausted your alloted free number of fax pages (usually 5) I think. Also confirm that you are entering the fax number in the right field. If you are using it for the first time, also check that you have validated your profile by checking your email for the email validation mail and clicking on the link provided. Dazall.
Jurisdy17:
Good morning house
Pls am trying to send my certificate to WES via helloxfax but it keeps failing. Is there another number apart from +1 416 972 9004. I have tried 3 times already.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jurisdy17: 7:40am On Oct 31, 2017
This is the error message i get when trying to send a fax via hellofax. Please advice further. Is there a particular time to send fax? The response in my email says the line is disconnected.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 7:51am On Oct 31, 2017
area74:
After receiving the transcript, is there any other process or verification to be done based on the information above?

Newmum0615:
Hi,

Please do you have contact details for anyone that can help with verification at LASU. A colleague's verification has been pending and I just came across this post. Can you help? Thanks.

Apologies to you both for just responding.

@Newmum, I have no contact but your colleague needs to make a 10k payment. That's probably what's delaying the verification. See below an excerpt from a previous post.

"What needs to be done for lasu applicants; as soon as you get a status change to awaiting verification, proceed to pay N10,000 at Sterling Bank in school - account name and number to pay to is in the banking hall tapped to the writing platform, go convert the bank teller to official receipt at Block 2 Room 11 (note, you'd be asked to write your name and purpose of payment at the back of the bank teller), then take the official receipt to Exams and Record (ICT building), there the receipt will be stapled to your documents sent from WES and verification response subsequently processed."

cc: Algbenguze, Billy, Jummolami
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:09am On Oct 31, 2017
Jurisdy17:
I believe this is the page where i send the fax
Remove your personal details.
Why don't you share the error information it's giving you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mzjennypher(f): 8:12am On Oct 31, 2017
Good Morning friends, has anyone wrting ielts on 11th november (lagos)received time table from bc?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 8:18am On Oct 31, 2017
Good morning people. Wishing everyone a Great day and Godspeed in this our PPR Journey.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 8:41am On Oct 31, 2017
UdomoLeinad:
Greetings peeps!

Two things please

1. this question goes to post-ITA applicants who only evaluated their Masters degree
When filling the EE profile, under educational history, I see the I can make entries of both my MSc and BSc, indicating that no ECA was done for the BSc.
I want to know though, is it necessary to enter the BSc? If I do, I hope down the line I won't be required to provide supporting docs asides certificate.

2. I concluded MSc in Dec 2011, worked from Jan 2012 till Sept 2013 on a job I'm not claiming points for. I intend to claim points for the job I began Oct 2013. I don't need to enter any information about the first job under work history since it doesn't count towards anything, or do I? I ask because I want to know whether the almost 2 year gap would be an issue down the line. I read sth on the previous thread about closing gaps for work history so one wouldn't get an ADR, or sth like that, can't recall vividly. so do gaps matter?

Experts and Semi-experts please answer.

Thank you!

1. Yes, you can enter your BSc and indicate that only MSc was assessed. In hierarchy, MSc > BSc and you'll get the point for MSc regardless of whether your BSc was evaluated.

2. Any job experience you are not gonna provide reference for shouldn't go in your work history. Post ITA, you can enter them in personal history.

Hope that answers your question.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by phemmi1: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2017
soulhighman:

Nothing is written about upper case or lower case in that link. However, I know that, for proper nouns, one must not start with small letters.

Thanks
Personally I answered in lowercase throughout except when it was a name. I scored a 9 so I think it's OK to.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jurisdy17: 8:57am On Oct 31, 2017
cochtrane:

Remove your personal details.
Why don't you share the error information it's giving you?

These are the error messages.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 9:14am On Oct 31, 2017
Thanks a lot. This helps a great deal.
Kontagious:

@Newmum, I have no contact but your colleague needs to make a 10k payment. That's probably what's delaying the verification. See below an excerpt from a previous post.

"What needs to be done for lasu applicants; as soon as you get a status change to awaiting verification, proceed to pay N10,000 at Sterling Bank in school - account name and number to pay to is in the banking hall tapped to the writing platform, go convert the bank teller to official receipt at Block 2 Room 11 (note, you'd be asked to write your name and purpose of payment at the back of the bank teller), then take the official receipt to Exams and Record (ICT building), there the receipt will be stapled to your documents sent from WES and verification response subsequently processed."

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 9:16am On Oct 31, 2017
I haven't o. Still waiting for it.
mzjennypher:
Good Morning friends, has anyone wrting ielts on 11th november (lagos)received time table from bc?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by billy: 9:59am On Oct 31, 2017
LASU usually confirms WES verification via email....

Kontagious:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ojay007(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2017
I might be wrong, but are you sure it's not the time difference causing it. May be you should consider sending it during (WES) their own working hours. I recall doing mine around 7pm our time and did not encounter this issue.

Jurisdy17:

These are the error messages.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dchamp19: 10:25am On Oct 31, 2017
We are 5 hours ahead of Canada. So, when sending, trying sending during their working hours.

You can also try http://www.myfax.com/free/

I used myfax and had no errors.

ojay007:
I might be wrong, but are you sure it's not the time difference causing it. May be you should consider sending it during (WES) their own working hours. I recall doing mine around 7pm our time and did not encounter this issue.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 31, 2017
I think you can write WES that you are no longer interested in evaluating the BSc, they should do only the MSc. fax the signed letter to them and see what happens. All the best.
enocoded4life:

Thank God this made you smile, I believe you too should dive into the pool, God's favour and our prayers are with you. You will get ITA dear.

Can't dive into the pool now o, uniport has delayed in sending my bsc transcript to WES, I really regret adding my bsc for evaluation, I should have just stuck with my Msc. But it's all good, just a little bit of patience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2017
Owols:
I think you can write WES that you are no longer interested in evaluating the BSc, they should do only the MSc. fax the signed letter to them and see what happens. All the best.

I have considered that option, but I have spent too much money on the process to let it to go waste. I paid more than 70k for it. I know uniport is expensive but I suspect the person helping me, may have added jara.

But the main reason I am holding on is because I plan to go for further studies, so I want WES to have my transcript so that if I need it later, I'll just do an upgrade.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by redocean: 10:56am On Oct 31, 2017
Good people,

Sorry I have to ask a cheap question but guess it's better to ask than be ignorant.

Please where will I find these NA1, NA2 , IP1 and IP2 on my application status? will it come as an update or these are mere stages in the application process.

I have passed Med. and gotten UCI and still do not see these acronyms anywhere.

Thank you in advance...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by enocoded4life(f): 10:59am On Oct 31, 2017
@Senors, I replied you PM, but it bounced back(mailer-daemon). Please send a mail directly to the email address on my profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 11:04am On Oct 31, 2017
I am not sure it is the timing. I have sent on several occasions in the mornings, afternoon and once at 11pm. All were successfully
ojay007:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sleekysilk: 11:16am On Oct 31, 2017
redocean:
Good people,

Sorry I have to ask a cheap question but guess it's better to ask than be ignorant.

Please where will I find these NA1, NA2 , IP1 and IP2 on my application status? will it come as an update or these are mere stages in the application process.

I have passed Med. and gotten UCI and still do not see these acronyms anywhere.

Thank you in advance...
Let me try: Note that all these differences are seen under BACKGROUND CHECK (BGC)
NA1 is when your background check is showing 'Not Applicable' before you paseed medical and sometimes even up till few days after you passed medical
IP1 is when your background check changes and it's showing 'In Progress' most times same day as medical passed or a few days after
NA2 is when your background check changes again and it's showing 'Not Applicable'. This is for the second time that's why we call it 2
IP2 is when your background check changes to 'we are processing your background check'.

What is written in front of 'additional documents' too may change from time to time

If you had noticed your BGC immediately after you got AOR you would have been able to see if there's a difference now that you passed medical. What I did was to munch my application details each time there's an update or I sight a difference in terminologies. Then I compare my screenshots.

Hope this helps. So just go now and get a screenshot of your details as of this moment and next time u log into your account, compare your last shot with your current details.

11 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.