Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1506480 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2017
UdomoLeinad:
Greetings peeps!

Two things please

1. this question goes to post-ITA applicants who only evaluated their Masters degree
When filling the EE profile, under educational history, I see the I can make entries of both my MSc and BSc, indicating that no ECA was done for the BSc.
I want to know though, is it necessary to enter the BSc? If I do, I hope down the line I won't be required to provide supporting docs asides certificate.

2. I concluded MSc in Dec 2011, worked from Jan 2012 till Sept 2013 on a job I'm not claiming points for. I intend to claim points for the job I began Oct 2013. I don't need to enter any information about the first job under work history since it doesn't count towards anything, or do I? I ask because I want to know whether the almost 2 year gap would be an issue down the line. I read sth on the previous thread about closing gaps for work history so one wouldn't get an ADR, or sth like that, can't recall vividly. so do gaps matter?

Experts and Semi-experts please answer.

Thank you!

1. Leave out BSc totally. Put in personal history.

2. Leave out all jobs that you are not claiming points for. Put in personal history.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
soulhighman:

Nothing is written about upper case or lower case in that link. However, I know that, for proper nouns, one must not start with small letters.

Thanks

I wrote in all uppercase and still got a 9 in listening.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
Bros/Madam... When you say scheduled to meet with the US consulate, i want to assume that it is a visa appointment. Whether Study or visit!

If you are not sure about the forthcoming visa appointment, just cancel or reschedule to a later date, maybe early next year.

IF you fail to attend a US Visa interview, its not a visa refusal because your application has not been assessed orally.

greatlifeis89:
Hello everyone,

Please I need your advise.

By God's grace and all things being equal, I should get ITA before the end of the year. However, I am scheduled to meet with the US consulate in Nov for a USA visiting visa, and something inside me is skeptical about the outcome.

Please provide your comment/advise on the below salient points:

1. If I decide not to honour the schedule meeting with the consulate, will it be treated as a non-appearance/visa application rejected?
2. if it is treated as non-appearance, what impact would it have on my CIC EE application?
3. If it will be treated as visa application rejected, and I disclose it in my application, would it have any negative impact on CIC EE application (considering (a) the closeness to the CIC EE application and (b) CIC refused to grant me Study visa last year).

My ultimate priority is the CIC EE and I wont love to do anything to jeopardize it. I will appreciate advise and contribution from everyone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
ajiifixing:

I read somewhere recently that it has been moved up to 21 years.
Can anyone confirm this please.
Actually, it's 22 years without a spouse. And 22 and older if... read more.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 4:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
db23:

My timeline seems similar to yours: AOR August 17th 2017. I was actually following yours on immitracker.
I've been on NA2 since September.
Last time I emailed them, about 2 weeks ago, they said my application was still at CIO.
Question is: How do I raise a Schedule A (what is it for?), not sure if it's worth it at this point, but I was refused UK visa a few years ago? And do you think it's worth it contacting them again now? What did you request for to get your application info?
Since you didn't submit Schedule A upfront, just wait till it is requested for, if it is requested for. I had 3 US visa denials, reason why I decided to submit upfront.

Contact them via email or call. I called as well as emailed. Asked specific questions: Has R10, criminality, eligibility and security been done? I thankfully didn't have NA2, I moved straight to IP2 from IP1.

What does your additional documents status say now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by SegunWamiri(m): 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
emelueobi:
Please I need links for ielts listening test. Thanks

Ieltsliz.com, mini-ielts.com, ieltsbuddy.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 4:10pm On Oct 31, 2017
http://ielts-up.com/listening/ielts-listening-practice.html

emelueobi:
Please I need links for ielts listening test. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Deebay: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2017
XX01:

1. Leave out BSc totally. Put in personal history.

2. Leave out all jobs that you are not claiming points for. Put in personal history.
What if the Bsc was declared pre ITA.?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by db23: 4:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
upgrade:
Savings or current account pls ?

All my accounts. Current, savings and USD accounts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 4:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
ajiifixing:

I read somewhere recently that it has been moved up to 21 years.
Can anyone confirm this please.

That's correct. IRCC confirmed it will raise the maximum age of a dependent child who may be included on an application to immigrate to Canada. As of October 24, 2017, principal applicants may include their children aged 21 and under, who are not married or in a common-law relationship, on their immigration application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by db23: 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
elfmann:

Savings account?

It was all my accounts. Current, savings and USD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by db23: 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2017
threadstone:

wrote the letter too but it didnt come through.
I got a signatory confirmation letter for both accounts, letter of non indebtedness and bank statements as an alternative.

Really? My branch first told me it wasn't possible. I told them that wasn't acceptable. After some back and forth, they did it eventually. Was even surprised they included all my active accounts.

Maybe it's the person you speak to. I find that different people will give you different answers sometimes. I told them to check with their headoffice... They said they don't normally do that exact format, but they eventually did.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by db23: 5:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
Feygbe:

Since you didn't submit Schedule A upfront, just wait till it is requested for, if it is requested for. I had 3 US visa denials, reason why I decided to submit upfront.

Contact them via email or call. I called as well as emailed. Asked specific questions: Has R10, criminality, eligibility and security been done? I thankfully didn't have NA2, I moved straight to IP2 from IP1.

What does your additional documents status say now?

It currently says "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed"... but it's been changing between this and the no documents required etc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by nkigirl: 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
db23:

All my accounts. Current, savings and USD accofunts

I didn't know this was possible for all the accounts. And I bank with Gtb and I am plan to use my current, savings and USD too.
Pls could you be so kind and write a draft of your letter. omitting all personal details. Please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by eddycross(m): 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
Detailed letters like this are only done for current account holders. So since you have a current account (and a USD account which is also a current account - references and all are needed for USD account), then you can get the letter in the required format, or at least, an acceptable format.

Don't go and shout for them untop savings account only.

db23:

Really? My branch first told me it wasn't possible. I told them that wasn't acceptable. After some back and forth, they did it eventually. Was even surprised they included all my active accounts.

Maybe it's the person you speak to. I find that different people will give you different answers sometimes. I told them to check with their headoffice... They said they don't normally do that exact format, but they eventually did.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Wow! This thread is coming as slow as my October salary bank alert undecided

But no shaking people. As long as there's life, there's hope. To everyone in their various stages awaiting - IELTS/ECA/ITA/PCC/Medical/POF/Documents gathering/PPR/COPR, even ADRs. It will surely end in praise.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Obi1conte: 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Newmum0615:
http://ielts-up.com/listening/ielts-listening-practice.html

There are loads of listening test on youtube with answers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
J
db23:

It was all my accounts. Current, savings and USD
Ok.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
Blackbuddy:

That's correct. IRCC confirmed it will raise the maximum age of a dependent child who may be included on an application to immigrate to Canada. As of October 24, 2017, principal applicants may include their children aged 21 and under, who are not married or in a common-law relationship, on their immigration application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Eraytee: 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello everyone, pls how long does it take WES to acknowledge the receipt of transcript sent. DHL delivered my transcript yesterday and i am yet to see any update on my profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jesuba: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Pls anyone here who had to obtain canadian Pcc? How did you go about it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Jurisdy17: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
dchamp19:
We are 5 hours ahead of Canada. So, when sending, trying sending during their working hours.

You can also try http://www.myfax.com/free/

I used myfax and had no errors.

Finally sent document to WES via http://www.myfax.com/free/....
Thank you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 7:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lol, the banker will just sit pretty and be watching like what is wrong with this ogbeni.

Functioning current account/USD account that is at least 6 months old will get the letter in required format from GTB (so they said)...before my people will go and open current account today and want letter tomorrow because savings account holding the POF is 5years old cheesy cheesy
#myhandnodeyo#byeee

eddycross:

Don't go and shout for them untop savings account only

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 7:55pm On Oct 31, 2017
db23:

It currently says "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed"... but it's been changing between this and the no documents required etc
Ok just send them an email asking for visa office. You'll get a reply same day. Mine is additional documents are being reviewed, it never changed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2017
Jesuba:
Pls anyone here who had to obtain canadian Pcc? How did you go about it.

This might help, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bimpsy99: 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2017
The person has removed the Cambridge folder on goggle drive so dont even waste your time sending the email.

Please see the link to Cambridge 7 to 12 here courtesy of Einsteino grin ==>

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ojk5EVi9onWm5NcHB5UEVYY2c

ferfer:

Send a mail to lwrs9999@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by PinocchioDMZ: 8:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
Hello Seniors,

Please help me with the address of British council office at Abeokuta.

I stay in Abeokuta and I'm preparing to write my ielts there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Bimpsy99: 8:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
Please see the link to Cambridge 7 to 12 here courtesy of Einsteino grin ==>

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ojk5EVi9onWm5NcHB5UEVYY2c

wholesomegrace:
Hello all,

Please who has the link for Cambridge ielts 9 and 10? Please send to me. thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
Eraytee:
Hello everyone, pls how long does it take WES to acknowledge the receipt of transcript sent. DHL delivered my transcript yesterday and i am yet to see any update on my profile.
Few days.. Set aside one week though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fameli: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
Please did you use you EE number as your application number on the schedule A form?

perks:

U can add it to the LOE placeholder.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 9:28pm On Oct 31, 2017
Please how can one remove a Bachelors degree from WES evaluation so only the masters is done?

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.