Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1513257 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
MippiShick:

Lower CRS at the next draw will be good o (Xmas bonanza for us). When is the next draw likely to be released?

Next week most likely.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
Santino1:

Next week most likely.

Awesome! Thanks Santino1.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
Based on permutation, Its either Friday 3rd or Wednesday 8th.

Note that Canada government is expected to publish its Immigration Levels Plan for 2018 (maybe tomorrow)

MippiShick:

Lower CRS at the next draw will be good o (Xmas bonanza for us). When is the next draw likely to be released?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
Virt:
Hi Ugoiyke,

I just responded to her email today asking me to choose which of the sessions I was interested in attending. I am sure to get her response soon on my reservation, otherwise I'll send her a reminder email tomorrow..

Amen @the speedy PPR grin, I have been checking my account like tomorrow nor dey. lols

Hope to see you at the session.

You are already on NA2 in less than three weeks, that is still remarkable. Going by current trend, you should receive your PPR before the end of next week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by koonlay5: 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2017
Do you suggest the job reference is addressed to CIO or Ghana or simply "to whom it may concern"

XX01:

No need to apply to Ghana. Apply to CIO. Will get the info from my archive.

Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2017
Please go with
Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada.

koonlay5:
Do you suggest the job reference is addressed to CIO or Ghana or simply "to whom it may concern"

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
The ogas at the top, please help me delete my post in regards to this issue and the corresponding posts.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
Wait for it to be signed o.
olusolarichards:

Help!!!..i requested for my transcript to send to WES from my school for some weeks now. I realized my account still showing "we are waiting for ur documents"i have to go my school to know what going on,realized my transcript is till in school but it has ready & addressed to WES sealed & stamped but no signature on it.I don't kn if i can pick and post it myself?But on the white envelope my school stated institution name and WES address postal address..but I prefer to send it through courier .Can I DHL it with the postal address on the envelope?..Pls advice me..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by hiscules: 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2017
Guys, the next draw may not be the lowest, I am also not so happy about that.
Going by the average number of ITAs issued in recent times, which is 2757 the scores may not go lower that 430s for a while .As at today, there are already 2768 eligible profiles in the pool who are in between the scores of 431 and 1200. Don’t forget that more people go into the pool everyday.

My advise is continue to look at ways to improve your score in the pool

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by db23: 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
Feygbe:

Send email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000XXXX - Visa Office
Body of email:
_____
Hi,

Hi,

I am trying to find out in which Visa Office my PR application is being processed. Following are my details:

Application No.: E000XXXX
Date of Birth: YYYY-MM-DD
Last Name:
First Name:
UCI:
Category of Immigration: FSW/PNP/CEC

Thanks

Thanks so much for this

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Mavor: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2017
kusiroll:
Has anyone received WES ECA report for October.
i received this morning
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Galaxxy(m): 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hi there, I am a bit convinced with the IP1 thing. I submitted my app on Saturday, so I checked my account and I saw the following. I will be glad if anyone can please tell me the meaning. Thanks.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by teeboy95: 6:17pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

I feel like typing in capitals, I can’t keep calm, it’s PPR!!!

Timeline below;

ECA: 15/08/17
IELTS: 22/09/17
ITA: 04/10/17
AOR: 07/10/17
Med Passed: 21/10/17
IP1: 21/10/17
NA2: 27/10/17
IP2: 28/10/17
PPR: 01/11/17

Will be back with a long post!

A Big Congrats to you!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by XX01(f): 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
koonlay5:

Either CIO or "to whom it may concern". It depends on whatever your office will give you or what you are comfortable with. Not Accra.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Santino1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
Galaxxy:
Hi there, I am a bit convinced with the IP1 thing. I submitted my app on Saturday, so I checked my account and I saw the following. I will be glad if anyone can please tell me the meaning. Thanks.

Refer to this post . You also seem to have a fast timeline.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Galaxxy(m): 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2017
Santino1:

Refer to this post . You also seem to have a fast timeline.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by phf2be: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
smslive2:
Why do you need to reduce the size of your IELTS TRF so small?

I'm not trying to reduce the size but trying to merge my degree certificate, WES report and IELTS result into one document for upload post ITA. Other documents remain normal after merging but the IELTS report looks funny. Please who can share a possible solution?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Blackbuddy: 6:28pm On Nov 01, 2017
hiscules:
Guys, the next draw may not be the lowest, I am also not so happy about that.
Going by the average number of ITAs issued in recent times, which is 2757 the scores may not go lower that 430s for a while .As at today, there are already 2768 eligible profiles in the pool who are in between the scores of 431 and 1200. Don’t forget that more people go into the pool everyday.

My advise is continue to look at ways to improve your score in the pool

This is good advice please. I have a feeling some changes may come in the new year to the various immigration programmes and when I remember how the Canadian government's recent absorption of Syrian refugees had an effect on the backlog of FSW 2014 applicants and the early Express Entry applications, it's not difficult to believe a similar dampening effect may come up again. So far, Canada is the only country who has announced plans to absorb some of the Rohingya refugees from Myanmar. This will have an effect on all the Visa Offices as resources will be diverted to this exercise. It will be a wise move to move fast on current and pending applications in any way you can or get ready to apply as soon as possible. Just an opinion please.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Abby2017: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2017
I think I understand how it "looks funny", my TRF was also kinda collapsed into about 50% after merging with other documents and I submitted like that cos it was quite clear after zooming to 100%.
The part I don't get is why yours is blurry. It should be clear after zooming if you have merged the original scanned version of your test report and not a compressed version.

phf2be:

I'm not trying to reduce the size but trying to merge my degree certificate, WES report and IELTS result into one document for upload post ITA. Other documents remain normal after merging but the IELTS report looks funny. Please who can share a possible solution?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DereI(f): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

Timeline below;

YaaaaaaaaaY......congrats Kontagious. Wow....congratulations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
phf2be:

Copy and paste the documents in Microsoft Word, then click "Save As" and under the "Save as type" list, choose PDF.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by manlikegb: 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
smslive2:
There are two draws today

Provincial Nominee Program - 673

Federal Skilled Trades Program - 241

No Federal draw as of now

Implication is likely a very low CRS score for FSW. Going by what happened in May

@Hephgirl, do you need any more pampering? CIC just pampered you directly o. Just dive into that pool. Most likely will be a low crs cut off for the next round. Before you go fill your profile, oya do 'My Chest'. All the best Headgirl.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2017
phf2be:

use pdf merge to join them https://www.pdfmerge.com/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2017
manlikegb:

@Hephgirl, do you need any more pampering? CIC just pampered you directly o. Just dive into that pool. Most likely will be a low crs cut off for the next round. Before you go fill your profile, oya do 'My Chest'. All the best Headgirl.
I'm in d pool o.... Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2017
smslive2:
Hello @Hephgirl
hi hi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2017
4Barr:

I have a feeling that 'This is it'
Awww TWALE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2017
Newmum0615:
Waiting expectantly for ITA testimony mail today from @Hephgirl. Yes I said it!
Oh wow.... God bless you. I'm completely speechless

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by DatechMan(m): 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
Galaxxy:

This is supposed to be IP2. You should expect PPR soon. When did you say you submitted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2017
cochtrane:

Amen
and Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Hephgirl: 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

Timeline below;

wait What.. OMG... I'm screaming.... Congratulations congratulations...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2017
Kontagious:
Thank you all, I am truly touched.

Long post alert!

When I started this journey, I was less knowledgeable, in fact I had zero knowledge till I stumbled on this thread. Plan then was to make my wife PA. Our profile is almost same except me with MSc and hers was still in the making. The decision to make her PA was because she has only one employer while I’ve had not less than 4, so I thought should IRCC need work confirmation, it will be much faster getting the confirmation from one employer than multiple that will be applicable in my case. More so, her employer has some form of international recognition while I have mostly played with semi-local champions, so her reference letter should also carry much credence I assumed.

Meanwhile, because of lack of knowledge, myself and my wife agreed to use an agent – who is a client of her employer. She spoke with the fellow and feedback was “first thing we need is IELTS, once that is gotten, we will proceed”. I was somewhat angered that he gave a very vague response without even telling at the least what will be done following IELTS, man didn’t even recommend the score to aim. I will later thank God he didn’t give any other detail cause that was the last she spoke to him about this journey. Luckily for us, his stand propelled me to search which of course led me to this thread.

Previous thread was around page 440+, read about the first 180 pages while keeping up with current discussion, also read about 100 pages backward and left the remaining but always kept followed the discussions.

It was during my reading I deduced the IELTS wasn’t necessarily the first as ECA takes a bit of time, then reviews about WES was somewhat terrible with folks complaining WES hardly respond to queries. Other than the communication lapse, I didn’t see any other negative comment plus few participants had shared ways of getting WES to respond (the twitter/facebook attack). Unfortunately, I don’t have any of such account but figured if need be, I was going to open the needed account and get my message across. So, WES we went with.

To get transcript from the school to WES, I posted my first questions on the thread but still PMed Yimiton for more tips and ways around Unilag. Unknown to me, she would be very instrumental in the subsequent days and months to follow. After a few exchange of emails on transcript request and WES Vs IQAS, we switched to BBM. During our early chats, she asked for my profile. Next, she sent me two CRS scores. One my wife being the PA and the other me as PA. Because my wife has only BSc at the time, her CRS was far lesser than mine. My new found friend advised I take the mantle of course shredding my thoughts of having delayed confirmation cause I’d be using three references. Later in our chats, I’d realize my wife didn’t even need to write IELTS, scores was then at the lowest ever. Another relief for me cause my wife preparing for IELTS was a dream we both dreaded. Her work is tasking, she gets home knackered and we have a wonderful infant who would still demand the most of her.

While ECA was ongoing, we got our new passports and I registered for IELTS. All looked well as estimation was to have IELTS and ECA about the same thing. Truly, both came days apart but IELTS was a wreck. Eventually registered for another IELTS while EOR was initiated. Second result was a relief, started gathering needed documents as soon as the result came, there was a draw the week of the result so I had roughly two weeks to gather all documents as I wanted to submit the earliest possible.

AOR was few days from ITA. Week of submitting, a discussion came on that would send me shaking – it was VO’s erroneously ignoring some POF documents. I had used two similar TBills certificates and balance from provided statement, all without a cover letter. The TBills were sufficient to cover my needed funds but if the statement was only considered like it was discussed then, that will be a blow.

Again, I ran to Yimiton who we had grew much closer, some successes had been achieved on our paths. Conclusion was of course to redo the POF with a cover letter and raise CSE the fastest possible time. I’d later discuss with GlitteringStar who also assured me to relax as all needed to be done had been done. Some days later, I was a bit free then went through my CIC account only to discover that my CRS score was one point higher than it should be. I digged further than found where the one point came from, spouse education was 9 instead of 8. GlitteringStar shinned again assuring me to stay calm and positive, “patapata” VO will only remove the extra one point and proceed should I not fall below my draw’s ITA.

Let me add a little more detail, maybe some questions would be answered in the process.

Work Experience/Reference Letter
Pre ITA, I filled three places of work – all previous employment. The 3rd being just a 6 months duration and without it, I’d still be over 3 years.
Since ITA was sure, I started gathering supporting document from the day of the result. The 1st two reference letters were gotten with very little effort but the 3rd was a bone in the throat. After the request for the letter, I called, mailed, texted, sent whatsapp messages but the CEO somewhat ignored all communications. I had earlier discussed my need of the letter with line head, but he was out of town so option of having him write the letter was dashed. I gave myself till a day to ITA to get the letter or I’d delete the work experience from work history. I ended up not getting the letter before ITA and I didn’t get chance to delete. I had no other option than to delete post ITA since letter was not forthcoming.

For the other two, I provided complimentary cards even though the letters were on letterhead. The 1st, a real estate firm signed by a managing partner, I included his card. The other, a much bigger firm. Reference letter was a one page on letter head with all details except for Job Description. I requested the letter made reference to the JD as an attachment which was obliged, JD was 2 pages printed on plain paper (like an internal memo) with company’s logo and name at the top – the two page JD was black and white, only the one page letter was signed by Head, HR and DMD. Both signatures were digital. I couldn’t get any of their cards so I got Recruitment Manager’s Card in place and attached to the letter.

POF
POF was initially 9 pages – 2 Tbills certificates, 6 pages of 6 months SOA, last page was screenshot of Oanda and Xe showing my total sum in CAD equivalent. POF was all from a joint account. The 1st Tbills was about 2 months to ITA, the second was a day after ITA. Both of same amount, same tenor (6 months) but different rates. Then SOA was printed two days Post ITA – a day after the 2nd Tbills. The Tbills were sufficient to cover our required funds but the statement had a closing balance of about N1.8m, Within a week from printing (or AOR), balance in the account fell below N1m. Even till now, it’s still below 1m. There’s been inflows but the outflows are heavier. Application fee + RPRF were taken from the funds. I had conviction to deep hand into POF has the TBills were sufficient so even if asked for updated POF, I’d submit the two Tbills and the SOA (maybe with a little topup). Later raised CSE with exact same document except that I added a cover page letter to the POF detailing there were two similar but different TBills certificates and SOA.

Medicals and PCC
Both were done same day, a day after ITA

Educational Documents
BSc Certificate
MSc Certificate
IELTS TRF
ECA for both degrees
One and Same person affidavit (draft and cheapest way to get from Yimiton)

I added the affidavit cause my names varied through all documents, somewhat of these;
BSc certificate – Olusegun Buhari
MSc – Olusegun Jonathan Buhari
Passport – Jonathan Segun Buhari
ECA, IELTS, Medicals, PCC (all tied to passport) – Jonathan Segun Buhari
Reference Letter 1 - Olusegun Jonathan Buhari
Reference Letter 1 - Olusegun Buhari

No LOE added.

For my wife.

She has completed her MSc but couldn’t evaluate since ECA was ready before she completed. Post ITA, I added her MSC but stated no ECA for it. I didn’t include work history for her, answered No to question of her having work history but included all details in personal history.

As a wrap, this thread is lit with information, I packaged my application from reading only this thread.

Behind this page, I and a host of others chat, you all are appreciated. Please permit me to mention but a few… Elfmann, Cochtrane, 40manlappy, GlitteringStar, Yimiton, Philip3, Wura27, Algbenguze, Incredibledude, Hephgirl, Canadianfly... Thank you all.

So encouraging! Thanks and congrats.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Omoedeki: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2017
I need help oo, my ECA will be ready tomorrow. What NOC will a Lecturer in a Polytechnic be in?
Is it advisable to start the application now so that I will supply my ECA number tomorrow when it comes through. I dont want the next draw to pass me by.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.