Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1507978 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by dtush(f): 1:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Kelvinjtsar:
Thanks @bbaby84 for the swift response. could you please enlighten me on the content of this letter I'm to send to this visa office. Thanks

I think you should call CIC. Explain to the agent as u Av typed. Dey will be in a better position to assist you. You can then file a formal complaint against the representative. Just make sure u have proof of payment.

If the representative is registered with them. They will send him a mail compelling him to share information with you.

I almost went with Canreach before I discovered this thread. So I had a lengthy discussion with an agent (I called the CIC) and the agent explained the various thgs they can do to assist in a case like urs. Before I decided to do it myself

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 4:26am On Nov 02, 2017
Kelvinjtsar:
Hello house. I greet you all in the Name of the Lord. I have been a silent reader for a while now.

This is quite unfortunate. While I feel the agent may have indeed applied for you, I think heis being deliberately difficult in order to collect more money from you in the future. Just my feeling

You can actually cancel your representative or file a complaint against him here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp

Note that you can only file a formal complaint if the agent is authorized. If an agent collects money from you, then such agent should be authorized. I suspect this agent may not be authorized, but still have collected money from you. If this is the case, then he's in serious violation of CIC's own regulation and you can under this pretext withdraw from his services. Check out that link above.

If the agent is unauthorized, you can still cancel though. In that form, you don't have to fill your application number since you don't even know it.

One more thing, if you share all your details we can use your CRS score to determine if indeed you got ITA the day he said you did. You can do this privately with anyone here if you want.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 5:57am On Nov 02, 2017
tese:

Just like me too. But the waiting no easy. April AOR

Eyah, don't worry, it willl end in praise!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by sunvick(m): 6:45am On Nov 02, 2017
I will suggest you share your details here so we determine if truly your points was above cut off or not as at the time he said he said you have gotten an ITA.
Single or married
Your ielts:

People often act differently esp when money has exchanged hands.

SV

Kelvinjtsar:
Thanks @bbaby84 for the swift response. could you please enlighten me on the content of this letter I'm to send to this visa office. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codew0rks(m): 6:52am On Nov 02, 2017
If you have his licence number, pls write to appropriate authority and they may revoke his/her licence. I almost fall for this but I stumbled to this post early. We have huge/vast info, experiences etc

Kelvinjtsar:
Hello house. I greet you all in the Name of the Lord. I have been a silent reader for a while now.

I was so interested in relocating to Canada so a friend of mine introduced me to an agent who is based in Canada. At first the agent was so humble and nice. He answered all the questions I asked and even called me from time to time to encourage me to start the EE application. I guess Why I fell for this agent was because he didn't talk about money at first. But along the line we agreed on an amount to be paid to him. I wrote the IELTS and scored 8,7.5,7,7.5(LSRW) and my transcript was sent to WES for evaluation. He received the WES evaluation and sent me a copy via email and told me that he has opened an account for me and I'm on the poll

I received a call from him mid may this year and he told me that I have been issued an ITA and I have to apply within 90 days or else the ITA will expire, I then asked for a copy of the ITA he became aggressive and said he doesnt work that way that i should trust him. i insisted, we argued for a while but to no avail. Well, I decided to give him the benefit of doubt, so I went ahead with him even without seeing the ITA . He told me to go do my medicals and get police report, which I did. He asked for a lot documents( POF, work letter, birth certificate and so on) I sent photocopies of all that and then he sent forms for me to fill. All the documents were filled and sent back to him. It was then he asked for part of the money we agreed on and I sent the money to him.

To cut the long story short, he claims he has applied for me since august but he has been reluctant to show me any proof all he told me was to wait. Now the table has turned, that one time gentle/nice man is now very aggressive that he even hangs up on me whenever I call to ask him anything. He doesn't even pick my calls again.

The sad thing is that, it was after i sent him the money and all the documents that I discovered this forum which makes me feel very sad cos everybody seems to doing it individually. I don't know if I should start the process again or I should just wait till he calls me. Whether na 1p1 or 1p2 or even AOR, me I no know. Hmm

Pls people, I need help. I don't even know if he is lying or he is for real. Is there anyway I can confirm my case/aplication. So I don't wait for ever. Your contribution will be highly appreciated.

Feeling very sad about this...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MissG(f): 6:55am On Nov 02, 2017
Congratulations to @Kontagious and @Veleta on your PPR.

To my question.

I am a PNP FSW applicant and submitted my application last week and have since received my AOR. There was no placeholder to include my nomination certificate and the schedule 4 form. I read in a forum this will be asked for at some point while others said it is also good to send it ahead before it is requested.

Can I raise a CSE and upload these documents even though I am yet to be assigned a UCI number?

Also based on trend, what is the average timeline for PNP applicants?

I would really appreciate a response.

All the best to everyone on this journey.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tkwadi: 7:00am On Nov 02, 2017
Good morning house, Pls I want to confirm if there is anywhere to include my child details when filling my ee profile and also what do I choose in the "valid job offer part". Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bighead2: 7:12am On Nov 02, 2017
1. There's no place for that while creating an ee profile, u only state the size of your family. U get to put that after ITA

2. i strongly believe u dont have a job offer in Canada (in plain terms... U never find work for Canada yet, as u still dey Nigeria), so the answer should be NO

hope this helps
Tkwadi:
Good morning house, Pls I want to confirm if there is anywhere to include my child details when filling my ee profile and also what do I choose in the "valid job offer part". Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Dammie2017: 7:14am On Nov 02, 2017
MissG:
Congratulations

To my question.

I am a PNP FSW applicant and submitted my application last week and have since received my AOR. There was no placeholder to include my nomination certificate and the schedule 4 form. I read in a forum this will be asked for at some point while others said it is also good to send it ahead before it is requested.

Can I raise a CSE and upload these documents even though I am yet to be assigned a UCI number?

Also based on trend, what is the average timeline for PNP applicants?

I would really appreciate a response.

All the best to everyone on this journey.

I submitted the nomination certificate and schedule 4 with the letter of explanation. You can wait for them to ask for schedule 4, not sure they will ask for nomination certificate though .Pnp route is not as fast, so patience is key. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 7:46am On Nov 02, 2017
Kelvinjtsar:

I received a call from him mid may this year and he told me that I have been issued an ITA and I have to apply within 90 days or else the ITA will expire, I then asked for a copy of the ITA he became aggressive and said he doesnt work that way that i should trust him. i insisted, we argued for a while but to no avail. Well, I decided to give him the benefit of doubt, so I went ahead with him even without seeing the ITA . He told me to go do my medicals and get police report, which I did. He asked for a lot documents( POF, work letter, birth certificate and so on) I sent photocopies of all that and then he sent forms for me to fill. All the documents were filled and sent back to him. It was then he asked for part of the money we agreed on and I sent the money to him.

Pls people, I need help. I don't even know if he is lying or he is for real. Is there anyway I can confirm my case/aplication. So I don't wait for ever. Your contribution will be highly appreciated.

I think this agent did not do anything o. Nobody uses Photocopies for anything on this journey. Everything should be scan copies of the original documents in colour.

As someone suggested call CIC and explain yourself and start preparing all your documents, because you will likely start afresh yourself. Report that man to CIC. Every agent must allow you access to your profile even from the moment he claims to have put you in the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bigfido: 8:31am On Nov 02, 2017
kontagious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 8:50am On Nov 02, 2017
Feygbe:

I think this agent did not do anything o. Nobody uses Photocopies for anything on this journey. Everything should be scan copies of the original documents in colour.
I don't agree there's a requirement for "everything" to be in colour. Some? Yes, especially those explicitly specified. But everything? I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 9:10am On Nov 02, 2017
Feygbe:

As someone suggested call CIC and explain yourself and start preparing all your documents, because you will likely start afresh yourself. Report that man to CIC. Every agent must allow you access to your profile even from the moment he claims to have put you in the pool.

Everyone is operating on the assumption that this agent is registered. he could just be an individual who applies on behalf of people, there maybe no way to actually identify or punish him.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by codew0rks(m): 9:14am On Nov 02, 2017
Information here is so massive that immigration consultants 'dey learn' work

Congratulations to @Kontagious

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by labelbybee: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2017
Kontagious:
Hello Great Fellas,

I feel like typing in capitals, I can’t keep calm, it’s
PPR: 01/11/17

Will be back with a long post!

Yaaaaay!!!! congrats Kontagious!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Omoedeki: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2017
Blackbuddy:

To start with check here for NOC 4011, http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=4011&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

Being that you work with a Polytechnic though, then review NOC 4021 and 4216 through the same link.

For seamless and uncomplicated entry into the pool, it's advisable you apply when you have all the requirements.
Thanks boss, my job title is Assistant Lecturer which falls under NOC 4012 because Graduate Assistant in the University is the same as Assistant Lecturer in a Polytechnic but my duties is that of a Lecturer which is NOC 4021. I am confused right now. I dont know which one to choose because I dont have the reference letter yet.
Kindly advise me on what you think will be the best in my situation now.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Raconteur14(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2017
Congratulations to both Kontagious and Veleta.

I wish the low scores yesterday for both PNP and FST would translate into low CRS but I don't think it will yet. More people are constantly entering the pool with good scores and the number of CRS invitations have reduced.

I can only hope that the number of invitations pick up again with two draws done within a week of each other. That will help reduce the CRS. I also suspect that there might be new developments to the process. In all, I am cautiously optimistic (I get choice?) that CRS will drop. Hopefully to the 420s and possibly below sef.

We wait, we hope and we have faith.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2017
Omoedeki:

Thanks boss, my job title is Assistant Lecturer which falls under NOC 4012 because Graduate Assistant in the University is the same as Assistant Lecturer in a Polytechnic but my duties is that of a Lecturer which is NOC 4021. I am confused right now. I dont know which one to choose because I dont have the reference letter yet.
Kindly advise me on what you think will be the best in my situation now.
Thanks
Since your duties match 4021, go with 4021 for now. Duties matters more than Title. When you get your reference letter and duties listed in it differs to what you have under 4021, you can change your NOC post ITA to one that conforms with your letter. We've had a couple of folks who changed NOC post ITA and have their CoPR now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 9:57am On Nov 02, 2017
Good Morning Great Fellas... Thank you all once again, it's hard keeping up with the mentions. I can't call names now except we want to go for the kontagious sting part 2 grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by smslive2: 9:59am On Nov 02, 2017
it seems @Kontagious have broken a record of the number of Congratulations on this thread... Its shows you are a good person. Congrats once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:10am On Nov 02, 2017
Deebay:
Congratulations kontagious....the cover page you added was it given to you by the bank or its something you did by your self? My question is did you attach the conventional bank reference letter as your cover page? Thanks and congratulations again... Sweet time-line.
The cover page was written by me, just a one page saying my POF was 2 TBills certificates and 6 months SOA. In the letter, I did a table showing the sums in each proof and wrapped it with CAD equivalent. I didn't get any letter from the bank.

SegunWamiri:
Oya @Kontagious. Come and infect all of us here with this kain speed shaperly grin

Congrats man

What's your family size though? Any previous visa refusals? Any travel history?
Family size is 3. No visa refusal nor travel history, ditto for my wife and daughter.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by einsteino(m): 10:11am On Nov 02, 2017
Raconteur14:
Congratulations to both Kontagious and Veleta.

I wish the low scores yesterday for both PNP and FST would translate into low CRS but I don't think it will yet. More people are constantly entering the pool with good scores and the number of CRS invitations have reduced.

I can only hope that the number of invitations pick up again with two draws done within a week of each other. That will help reduce the CRS. I also suspect that there might be new developments to the process. In all, I am cautiously optimistic (I get choice?) that CRS will drop. Hopefully to the 420s and possibly below sef.

We wait, we hope and we have faith.

Your analysis has some substance but don't worry. There is hope since the Minister of Information has published an increased demand for immigrants for the next couple of years, i guess this would be almost commensurate with the increase in prospective applicants. also we have only two months left for 2017, so you can do the maths to determine how many more people they need to meet up with this year's target/demand and extrapolate from that if the CRS would fall.

if you ask me, it wouldnt rise sharply, at least not for a couple of months. Just keep the hope

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 10:14am On Nov 02, 2017
Kontagious:
Thank you all, I am truly touched.

Long post alert!

Behind this page, I and a host of others chat, you all are appreciated. Please permit me to mention but a few… Elfmann, Cochtrane, 40manlappy, GlitteringStar, Yimiton, Philip3, Wura27, Algbenguze, Incredibledude, Hephgirl, Canadianfly... Thank you all.

Hey Kontagious, congratulations once again. It's nice to have you on the other side of PPR.

I'm glad I was able to assist, you were also very helpful too even before you entered the pool.

Now, the difficult question of 'where do we live' begins.

See you in Canada soon

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 02, 2017
The niara is appreciating back over the CAD. This is the best time to make that POF work. Good luck people.
AOR November 2.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flosk: 10:19am On Nov 02, 2017
@kontagious congratulations
Please about your pof, was it the investment date or the value date on the treasury bills that you meant when you were referring to in your long post.

2.Nysc experience is not up to 12months because of the orientation camp period. How have people been able to calculate their nysc perood?

I did mine at gtbank and i am finding it hard to get a reference letter from them

Please how can i go about it

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 10:31am On Nov 02, 2017
Kelvinjtsar:

I was so interested in relocating to Canada so a friend of mine introduced me to an agent who is based in Canada. At first the agent was so humble and nice. He answered all the questions I asked and even called me from time to time to encourage me to start the EE application. I guess Why I fell for this agent was because he didn't talk about money at first. But along the line we agreed on an amount to be paid to him. I wrote the IELTS and scored 8,7.5,7,7.5(LSRW) and my transcript was sent to WES for evaluation. He received the WES evaluation and sent me a copy via email and told me that he has opened an account for me and I'm on the poll

How did he receive the WES Evaluation? Did he do WES for you?

I think the good thing is that you have your IELTS, and the WES -- Hoping you did the WES by yourself addressed for IRCC's use. I'd suggest you apply for the EE by yourself, and explain if any conflicting profile comes up with CIC in the future. I assume you have mail correspondences with the supposed Agent that you can use to clear yourself if anything comes up.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kontagious(m): 10:43am On Nov 02, 2017
flosk:
@kontagious congratulations
Please about your pof, was it the investment date or the value date on the treasury bills that you meant when you were referring to in your long post.

2.Nysc experience is not up to 12months because of the orientation camp period. How have people been able to calculate their nysc perood?

I did mine at gtbank and i am finding it hard to get a reference letter from them

Thanks
Investment dates I meant.

On the GT's reference letter. How did you request, emails or hand delivered letters? Let's wait on those that got reference letter from GT to weigh in though.

For the NYSC, I would have assumed the letter will cover period of NYSC (that which is on the NYSC certificate). @Feygbe, can you please confirm date stated in your reference letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by tollu: 10:46am On Nov 02, 2017
BIG congratulations Kontagious and Veleta!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=flosk post=61997763]@kontagious congratulations

Thanks [/quote

It doesn't matter if your bank gives you a reference letter or not. Add your 6months bank statement, your Tbills certificate. Write a letter stating your bank does not give the required letter. Just ask your bank to give you standard letter given to people going to embassy.

For your NYSC don't have an answer for you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by flosk: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2017
Kontagious:

Investment dates I meant.

On the GT's reference letter. How did you request, emails or hand delivered letters? Let's wait on those that got reference letter from GT to weigh in though.

For the NYSC, I would have assumed the letter will cover period of NYSC (that which is on the NYSC certificate). @Feygbe, can you please confirm date stated in your reference letter.

Thanks @kontagious, i have been talking with someone in hr and was like they dont give such a letter to ex corp members
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Losami(m): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2017
hi, good morning everyone, please i just tried to pay for my ECA via WES. I used the credit card option and tried paying for it with my gtb master card and it didn't work. please how did you guys pay for yours please

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.