Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,943 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1520346 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2017
For those who did FBI PCC, when does the 12 weeks start? From the day they receive your application or the day your CCard is charged?

cc: bbaby84
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
...and eye test

TBDL:

Basically entails:
Urine test
Blood test
X-Ray
A little Chat with the doc
Height, weight etc

All in no particular order ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
TBDL:

There's a print out at the end of the test which you'll have to scan and submit under the medicals section in your CIC account.
Where did you do your medicals?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
boldinc:
...and eye test

And the eye test...I have a question. I use glasses, but time & travel has not allowed me see my optician in order to change them. I know they are weak now, only passable, and I know I have to go with them to the test. Any reasons to be bothered?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by TBDL: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2017
cochtrane:

At children's practice, Ikoyi Lagos

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bbaby84(f): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2017
Canadianfly:
For those who did FBI PCC, when does the 12 weeks start? From the day they receive your application or the day your CCard is charged?

cc: bbaby84

12 weeks begin from when they receive it. ( its actually 10- 12 weeks)
Once your card has been charged, expect to receive your report from 3 days - 2 weeks after that ( depending on USPS).
Has your card been charged?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by yimiton(f): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2017
cochtrane:

[
cochtrane:

quote author=TBDL post=59797448]

Basically entails:
Urine test
Blood test
X-Ray
Height, weight etc

All in no particular order ..[/quote]

The eye test is very important. You need to get your new glasses if you can't see well with the old ones. I don't know at what point it will be regarded as failed but I believe no one wants to find out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by crazyinlove: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
FSOFF:
Good evening house,
I'm a silent follower of this thread, to God be the glory. I just got the golden mail today, pls I need the address of the photo studio in Ikeja where I can take my digital passport photographs, someone once posted it but I can seem to find it.

God who did it for me will surely do it for all of us IJN amen.

Thank you very much in advance, God bless.
Congrats dear. Amen to the prayer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2017
yimiton:
[quote author=TBDL post=59797448]

Basically entails:
Urine test
Blood test
X-Ray
Height, weight etc

The eye test is very important. You need to get your new glasses if you can't see well with the old ones. I don't know at what point it will be regarded as failed but I believe no one wants to find out.
Okay. Thanks. Will go get a new one then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2017
bbaby84:

12 weeks begin from when they receive it. ( its actually 10- 12 weeks)
Once your card has been charged, expect to receive your report from 3 days - 2 weeks after that ( depending on USPS).
Has your card been charged?

Okay, thanks. I thought it was 12 weeks from when the card is charged. Relief!

Card hasn't been charged oh. I only sent it to them 2 weeks ago lol. If wishes were horses....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Canadianfly: 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
yimiton:
[quote author=TBDL post=59797448]

Basically entails:
Urine test
Blood test
X-Ray
Height, weight etc

I wonder why an eye test would fail the medical exam. I wonder why IRCC would care about eye test anyway, when eye tests/exams are not free in In Canada, except your work covers it. I paid an arm an a leg upgrading my eye prescription in Manitoba, even after my work had covered 70% of it. If the sole aim of this medical exam is to avoid putting all that weight on their health system, then they should be concerned about the "free areas" of the body. grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by damilola1978: 11:30pm On Aug 24, 2017
fidelism:
Congrats to all those who have had success in this race. I have had my credentials assessed since 2015 and done IELTS twice. I did well in in all except Listening. Trying to shoot from 6.5 to 8. All strategies seem not to be working. Just a bit confused.
lemme tell you one way to improve,listen more to radio especially news,try to pick every word that is been said, and make notes of what you hear...this would help you alot. Try to do this as you practice with other ielts materials

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by irewole1: 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
Bros I think you can try Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination
It could be favourable.

kokoboy17:
a very interesting thread and congrats to everyone that just got ITA. Please i need the gurus in the house to help out here: what is the best route for someone who is very experienced with a B.Sc and good language score (LRWS 8,8.5,7.5,cool but with very low CRS score (357) plus age not very favourable (40 last May). I know the provincial nomination might be one but there has to be a valid job offer in the intended province. You thoughts please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Losami(m): 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2017
cochtrane:

standard is normal post (NIPOST?), while tracking is via courier (DHL & co). Of course, the latter is faster than the former.
okay thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ajujuju2: 12:17am On Aug 25, 2017
bigfido:
IIIITTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! after 2 years of trying!!

Bro i will celebrate your PPR.
Your dedication has endeared me to u

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ewa2014: 12:19am On Aug 25, 2017
I used the IRCC Calgary address I got from google, I hope it won't matter o... chaiiii, I should have checked Nairaland o... hmmmm

GlitteringStar:

@AlexanderGreat posted the address few pages back.

Central Intake Office (CIO)
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada.

https://www.nairaland.com/3999848/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/27#59754618

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by ewa2014: 12:21am On Aug 25, 2017
I thought we only need to upload our most recent passport as well as the stamp pages on that one... That's supposed to be your travel document now... do they have any business with my old passports

Hamiltondreamer:

Wether old or new passport you need to include all stamped pages. Don't know about children (I doubt it) better to be safe than sorry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by fabdee: 12:39am On Aug 25, 2017
You can go to studio 24 on allen...1500naira hardcopy, 1500naira softcopy. You can also use Fotokraft on opebi....hardcopy 1000naira, softcopy 500naira i think

FSOFF:
Good evening house,
I'm a silent follower of this thread, to God be the glory. I just got the golden mail today, pls I need the address of the photo studio in Ikeja where I can take my digital passport photographs, someone once posted it but I can seem to find it.

God who did it for me will surely do it for all of us IJN amen.

Thank you very much in advance, God bless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Feygbe: 2:09am On Aug 25, 2017
fabdee:
You can go to studio 24 on allen...1500naira hardcopy, 1500naira softcopy. You can also use Fotokraft on opebi....hardcopy 1000naira, softcopy 500naira i think

Photo craft did not get the dimensions and size of the soft copy accurately. I just spent time and money. Eventually went to Studio 24.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by superdoll: 2:48am On Aug 25, 2017
Trikings2000:

As posted earlier

https://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/
Using the link quoted find comprehensive details of what is required.

Summary of requirements
1. Scanned filled copy of application form
2. Identification. Passport or drivers license or birth certificate
3. Marriage certificate (if married)
4. Certificate(s)
5. Transcript to be sent by institution

Fillout the application form, have it signed and then together with other required documents send a mail or email to the specified email address as designated on the link.

Ensure you specify mode of payment (credit/debit card preferrable) and choice of delivery (courier or mail) on the application form. A sample filled form is available to guide you while filling the form.

An app ID number will be sent to u in abt 5days with payment details (how to effect payment).

You can begin processing ur transcript to their address as specified on the link even before payment is requested by ICES.

Review begins after they recieve your transcript. Of course they recieve other documents instantly if sent via email.

Tracking code of package sent to ur email after review.

No VERIFICATION REQUIRED.

U can choose to use the option of getting it in 2.5weeks @400 CAD. Standard rate is 200CAD

Please is there no reference number that the schools will use to process and dispatch the transcript?
Do I have to wait for their payment request before my school dispatches the transcript? Am planning to get the school to send the transcript tomorrow even though I am yet to make payment .
Finally do drey accept statement of result

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by mstunz: 3:07am On Aug 25, 2017
Algbenguze:

Statement of account should cover last 6 months and with the closing balance equivalent or higher than the required settlement funds. If the funds were recently deposited, you may have to explain its source.
As for the medicals, it should be done with one of the CIC-accredited clinics and it's valid for a year.
Police clearance should also be recent and don't forget you also need to provide one for each country you've spent up to 6 months cumulatively within last 10years or since your 18th birthday, whichever is more recent.

Okay, thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Tdadz: 4:18am On Aug 25, 2017
For the WES evaluation, can I evaluate using my To Whom + the transcript from my school if my certificate is not available yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Trikings2000: 5:41am On Aug 25, 2017
superdoll:

Please is there no reference number that the schools will use to process and dispatch the transcript?
Do I have to wait for their payment request before my school dispatches the transcript? Am planning to get the school to send the transcript tomorrow even though I am yet to make payment .
Finally do drey accept statement of result k9

Its not required to include your reference ID on ur transcript. Its better you start processing ur transcript even before payment is requested as this helps saves some time.
I actually dont knw if statement of result is accepted. But u can contact them to verify. Usually their contact number +1 604-432-8800 is available from 5.30pm to 9pm Nigerian time. Just call in to very if statement of result is accepted.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by behati: 6:02am On Aug 25, 2017
[quote author=cochtrane post=59798225][/quote]
I did my medicals at children's practice,Ikoyi and can't remember doing any eye test. I use glasses too. Also, I don't think anyone can fail medicals due to poor vision as it is not likely to be a burden on their health system. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 6:56am On Aug 25, 2017
Good Morning.

What is tje best way to correct an error relating to dependants on my application.

I mistakenly entered a step son as my biological son and the botton to make the correction is disabled. How do i resolve this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by temydee1: 6:57am On Aug 25, 2017
Good Morning.

What is the best way to correct an error relating to dependants on my application.

I mistakenly entered a step son as my biological son and the botton to make the correction is disabled. How do i resolve this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bubu91: 6:59am On Aug 25, 2017
Hello,
I think you need to order a duplicate copy for immigration. That is what I did in order to be able to use my course by course ECA for EE.

Seniors in the house can provide more information

kissoflife:
Another Confusion,

I already have a WES course by course evaluation report from last year which i intended for schooling and is still valid, do i still have to upgrade to ECA? and if So do i include IRCC as the recipient?
embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by kissoflife: 7:00am On Aug 25, 2017
bubu91:
Hello,
I think you need to order a duplicate copy for immigration. That is what I did in order to be able to use my course by course ECA for EE.

Seniors in the house can provide more information

At what point did u do this? immediately after ITA , Pre-APR or After APR? I also hope the reference number will stay the same?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by boldinc(m): 7:00am On Aug 25, 2017
No reason to be bothered... It would be great if you could get a fresh pair before your medicals. You would be asked to read out letters from a distance, just like you do normally when you need to get fresh lens.

cochtrane:

And the eye test...I have a question. I use glasses, but time & travel has not allowed me see my optician in order to change them. I know they are weak now, only passable, and I know I have to go with them to the test. Any reasons to be bothered?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 25, 2017
calfy:

Sorry, KweenCee, haven't checked my mail since morning. I decided to let it be, while I focus on my PR application. Are you in the same boat as me?

Yeah i've sent several mails to withdraw,yet no response. Do you intend submitting your PR application concurrently with study permit or you will wait to get a response on your study permit first?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by bubu91: 7:21am On Aug 25, 2017
Hi,
I am pre ITA and haven't received any ITA. The reference number will change to an ECA number that ends with "IMM". Another difference is that the title of the report will state "for cic" as compared to the "credential and authentication report" currently stated on the one you have.

I think you may need to do this before ITA because you will need to include the date of the ECA and the ECA number.

Please confirm from WES before you take any action.

kissoflife:

At what point did u do this? immediately after ITA , Pre-APR or After APR? I also hope the reference number will stay the same?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 7:43am On Aug 25, 2017
Thank you.

GlitteringStar:

Hello Newmum0615,

Check the link below for the steps to follow.

https://faq.hellosign.com/hc/en-us/articles/206074808-How-do-I-fax-a-document-

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.