Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 - Travel (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (1510802 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (554) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fayzz: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Issyman:

Plz call their customer care line, explain to them. Also DM their twitter handle. I was once in that situation and I kept calling their customer care nos everyday until I was able to speak with a supervisor. Also, do this, track the package on their website, see when it was delivered and compare with when your status was updated or when u received the mail. Further more, insist you didn't tampered with the transcript cos u didn't see it. Suggest to them to verify from the institution. It took me 2 weeks to get mine resolved.

That's true cos how will I bear the brunt for what wasn't my fault. Will make sure I use all means to get my msg across to them ... I pray I get a way forward this week. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by babyoj: 5:17pm On Nov 26, 2017
Thank you. I have been calculating my CRS and i am still below 400, My statistics are IELTS - R:5.5, W:6.5, S:8.0, L: 6.5. AGE- 30, EDU - MSC,
WORK EXPERIENCE - 2YRS, Married - Hubby 3yrs work experience, age 32, yet to write IELTS.
Please can you advice? Planning to rewrite IELTS but i still do not get a high CRS with my proposed result.
HiredGames:

The answer to that question is NO. Question 11 is where you input your appropriate education qualification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Chijudy: 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Newmum0615:
Hi Chijudy. You have been advised correctly. I wedded in the Anglican church and i didn't do registry wedding except swear the oath and submit notification for marriage. I was told at Ikoyi registry that my church is licenced to issue marriage certificate. The certificate comes in triplicate copies, one for couple, one for church & one for registry, usually submitted by the church. In fact i helped the church to submit the copy meant for Ikoyi myself. I think it depends on the church and if they are licensed.

Thank you Newmum.... and all others that addresses this question. I got it now. Ours was in Catholic Church so we are good. I hope people with similar situation can read the responses though.

Newmum... pls can I PM you?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by calalili2018: 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hamiltondreamer:

What visa ? Do you have PPR already?

Yes @Hamiltondreamer, after PPR, how long will it take for the passport to be returned. Also, should I use DHL or VFS? they requested for IMM 008 too.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Theyolu: 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
It depends on the Anglican Church. I got married in one but like a small parish under a bigger diocese (I didn't grow up Anglican so pardon me if I'm not using the right expressions). We went to the registry. However, on the church wedding day we were asked to submit the registry certificate and the church gave us two new certificates - one for us & one for the registry. I still have both with me, though.
It just occurred to me now that, probably, the church got licensed for our sake since the name of the parish is on the certificate & not the name of the mother church, which is licensed.

The best option for anyone is to ask the Vicar or Rev if they are licensed before making a decision. And they can even become licensed for your own sake. Going to the registry can be stressful, you know.
Newmum0615:
Anglican churches too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2017
Is it possible for me to enter the pool with Ielts result and update my ECA when its ready?
will I be accepted into the pool? I plan on evaluating my waec results and OND result as two or more degrees as i heard it gains more point than 1 degree.
please my gurus in the house help me out with this question please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by babyoj: 5:48pm On Nov 26, 2017
Thank you. I have been calculating my CRS and i am still below 400, My statistics are IELTS - R:5.5, W:6.5, S:8.0, L: 6.5. AGE- 30, EDU - MSC,
WORK EXPERIENCE - 2YRS, Married - Hubby 3yrs work experience, age 32, yet to write IELTS.
Please can you advice? Planning to rewrite IELTS but i still do not get a high CRS with my proposed result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
babyoj:

Yes with this result, you will be below 400. What’s your proposed result? You need to aim for at least LRWS - 8777 or even better still 8.5,8,7.5,7.5.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hello E-Fam, I greet you all. I am new here and been reading part 1 but mehn, it has not been easy. while I'll go back and continue reading, I want to humbly ask a question.

I am a Marketer in the banking sector, Assistant Banking officer to be precise and been working since July 2012. I have written my IELTS and scored 9, 7.5, 7, 7 (L,R,S,W). I want to enter the EE pool but having challenge as to which NOC to choose. I do not want to pick the wrong NOC Code and face misrepresentation issue.

I will appreciate prompt and timely response(s) from my ogas and madams in the house. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
threadstone:
Is it possible for me to enter the pool with Ielts result and update my ECA when its ready?
will I be accepted into the pool? I plan on evaluating my waec results and OND result as two or more degrees as i heard it gains more point than 1 degree.

First, evaluation of WAEC is a complete waste of time. You should evaluate your highest post secondary qualification or all of them if you happen to have two or more e.g. OND and HND or OND and BSC. And secondly, you cannot create a profile without an ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
If u are going to be the PA, 5.5 on Reading has negated ur test results.
babyoj post =62736465:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Onedimple: 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
adeks2:
Hello All,
Happy Sunday! Please, how long does it take WES to change status from 'awaiting verification' ? My school already sent the verification over a week ago but the status on WES website is showing 'on hold' and awaiting verification. Anyone that already passed through this stage should kindly enlighten me. Thanks.
Hi. In mine and wife's case, I sent them emails (via contact-us) immediately I confirmed institutions have replied the verifications. And within 24hrs, status changed to "we received your documents...."

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
I be think say u don pass the level. SSC and OND no go cut it oh.
threadstone:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Issyman(m): 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2017
Fayzz:

That's true cos how will I bear the brunt for what wasn't my fault. Will make sure I use all means to get my msg across to them ... I pray I get a way forward this week. Thanks

I even went as far as arguing with one of the female customer care officers when she insisted I opened the my transcript from ICAN. Send mail to this email address and be nice in ur introduction and ur explanation. lgrogg@wes.org. I guess she is a senior official.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
Godsaysyes:
Hello E-Fam, I greet you all. I am new here and been reading part 1 but mehn, it has not been easy. while I'll go back and continue reading, I want to humbly ask a question.

I am a Marketer in the banking sector, Assistant Banking officer to be precise and been working since July 2012. I have written my IELTS and scored 9, 7.5, 7, 7 (L,R,S,W). I want to enter the EE pool but having challenge as to which NOC to choose. I do not want to pick the wrong NOC Code and face misrepresentation issue.

I will appreciate prompt and timely response(s) from my ogas and madams in the house. God bless you.

Check 6235
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
Bsbabe:

Check 6235

thanks, I will do just that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Newmum0615: 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
Look at the main duties, if it matches, you may consider this. My colleague in marketing used this and she has has her COPR.

NOC 6235 - Financial sales representatives

Financial sales representatives sell basic deposit, investment and loan products and services to individuals and businesses. They work in banks, credit unions, trust companies and similar financial institutions.

Main duties
Financial sales representatives perform some or all of the following duties:

Open new personal and non-personal accounts, and provide access to automated banking machine, telephone banking and online banking services
Interview applicants for personal, mortgage, student and business loans
Promote the sale of deposit, investment, credit and loan products and services
Assist clients by proposing solutions to address financial objectives such as business expansion, debt management, investment and other financial goals
Research and evaluate loan applicant's financial status, references, credit and ability to repay the loan
Complete credit and loan documentation
Submit credit and loan applications to branch or credit manager with recommendations for approval or rejection; or approve or reject applications within authorized limits ensuring that credit standards of the institution are respected
Prepare statements on delinquent accounts and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action
Review and update credit and loan files
Act as joint custodian for cash and securities.

Godsaysyes:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 6:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
elfmann:

Lool, 2nd Battailion Nigerian Army reporting.

I say make I find trouble small ni sa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by threadstone(m): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
Bsbabe:

First, evaluation of WAEC is a complete waste of time. You should evaluate your highest post secondary qualification or all of them if you happen to have two or more e.g. OND and HND or OND and BSC. And secondly, you cannot create a profile without an ECA.

Thank u so much ma, can i ask another?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
elfmann:

Me sef I thought I was seeing things. Had to look at the moniker twice but decided ok, let’s answer o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
threadstone:

Thank u so much ma, can i ask another?

Eh ehn, I figured you were looking for trouble. I beg come and start going

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Algbenguze: 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
Bsbabe:

Get ITA, submit your APR (with AOR confirmation), let small breeze blow on your AOR (as advised by a good senior), marry her and then notify IRCC to add her - she will do medicals, PCC and you will update your POF. However if your PPR happens to be one of those that come out with speed of light like some people on this forum and you get PPR before the breeze has finished blowing, I can’t help you with that one grin

Lol @ blowing of breeze. Great advice there anyway.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=62736900]Look at the main duties, if it matches, you may consider this. My colleague in marketing used this and she has has her COPR.

Thank u so much, I appreciate. that's why its actually good to ask questions. I initially saw 0122 and felt I fit in but checking 6235 and responses gotten have made me feel comfortable.

Once again, thank u so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by MummyJaygirls: 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ronke1114:

Not all churches issue the same certificates as registries. I have Heard of cases, were the certificate was rejected and the people involved had to go to the registry. I only know of Catholic Churches. I might be wrong

Protestant churches (catholic, anglican, methodist, baptist etc) are authorized to issue govt marriage certs, some pentecostal churches are licenced too,

all those "one man business church" are not licenced samsam smiley they just spring up one day inside kpako shed before u know, FCDA don bulldoze the thing the next day cry, if u marry for that kind of church, my sisthrens and brethrens go registry go collect ur marriage cert o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

eg: vomit power ministries inc, breast and milk church etc grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Ronke1114: 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Protestant churches (catholic, anglican, methodist, baptist etc) are authorized to issue govt marriage certs, some pentecostal churches are licenced too,

all those "one man business church" are not licenced samsam smiley they just spring up one day inside kpako shed before u know, FCDA don bulldoze the thing the next day cry, if u marry for that kind of church, my sisthrens and brethrens go registry go collect ur marriage cert o lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hahahaha. Breast and milk church lol Thanks. I only knew about Catholic Churches. Now I’m enlightened
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Kmgb: 6:38pm On Nov 26, 2017
Chijudy:

Please are you saying one can use the certificate issues by Catholic church as legal evidence of marriage for this immigration purpose?

We just commenced the registry process so if it is the same we can as well save our money.
Someone some pages back used a certificate from the mosque and got ppr..wish I can remember the moniker
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Fayzz: 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2017
Issyman:

I even went as far as arguing with one of the female customer care officers when she insisted I opened the my transcript from ICAN. Send mail to this email address and be nice in ur introduction and ur explanation. lgrogg@wes.org. I guess she is a senior official.

Thanks Issyman for ur kind gesture. You've been of great help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
OK.. U got me.
threadstone:

Lool, 2nd Battailion Nigerian Army reporting.

I say make I find trouble small ni sa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2017
That too.. The important thing is d issuing place having the license. Even Amadioha with a license can issue a couple a marriage certificate.
If not, go to any certificate - issuing court, it must not be Ikoyi Registry.
Kmgb:

Someone some pages back used a certificate from the mosque and got ppr..wish I can remember the moniker

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 26, 2017
All women-must-get-married church and church of God clapping with one hand.
Ronke1114:

Hahahaha. Breast and milk church lol Thanks. I only knew about Catholic Churches. Now I’m enlightened
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Beblessedbaba: 8:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

mummyjay you lol longest time no see

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
calalili2018:

Yes @Hamiltondreamer, after PPR, how long will it take for the passport to be returned. Also, should I use DHL or VFS? they requested for IMM 008 too.

Thank you

@mummyjaygirls or anyone who's gotten to this stage help with the above

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (554)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.